Former Cats in the NBA

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Former Cats in the NBA

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SunnyAZ wrote:
However, Fultz's lack of health has helped TJ out, but they still go away from him.
I guess because he changed his shot when he got hurt. But he has technically been healthy for a while, even when he wasn't dressing for games. I think even the coach said we'll play him when he gets confidence in his game again, or something along those lines. Right now he won't shoot outside of 15 feet, hence why he is not playing. Unless either one of Simmons or Fultz gets a shot (that seems unlikely imo) I think the 76ers will have PT for TJ.
Fultz needs to get healthy and reset in the offseason instead of developing bad habits. He still has potential, but needs to be comfortable and confident like he was at UW.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
SunnyAZ wrote:
However, Fultz's lack of health has helped TJ out, but they still go away from him.
I guess because he changed his shot when he got hurt. But he has technically been healthy for a while, even when he wasn't dressing for games. I think even the coach said we'll play him when he gets confidence in his game again, or something along those lines. Right now he won't shoot outside of 15 feet, hence why he is not playing. Unless either one of Simmons or Fultz gets a shot (that seems unlikely imo) I think the 76ers will have PT for TJ.
Fultz needs to get healthy and reset in the offseason instead of developing bad habits. He still has potential, but needs to be comfortable and confident like he was at UW.
He came back like 6 weeks ago. Even before that the coach was saying that it wasn't about him being injured. So he has been healthy for a while. He got injured before the season started and know one has said what the actual injury was. Then he even played at the beginning of the year then got shutdown because of the previous "injury". But the speculation is that he just had no confidence in his game after he changed his shot.

He played at the end of the regular season and even early in the playoffs but he was bad, so he got cut out the rotation. He needs to figure out how to be good at basketball again more than anything health wise.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Chicat wrote:
Terrific info. Thanks.

Chi, you've turned into a witch. You forecast Williams, you're doing it with TJ. You fucker---keep bringing it! Thanks!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EOCT wrote:Chi, you've turned into a witch. You forecast Williams, you're doing it with TJ. You fucker---keep bringing it! Thanks!
Oh god, for everyone’s sanity please don’t start looking to my posts for truth and relevancy. :lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I used to think, despite knowing better, that TJ's ceiling in the league was JJ Barea which in itself is very good all things considered.... but man last night was maybe the most complete game he has EVER had in his life. Imagine what he could do in Phoenix to fix the defense alongside a true shooter like Booker.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

splitsecond wrote:I used to think, despite knowing better, that TJ's ceiling in the league was JJ Barea which in itself is very good all things considered.... but man last night was maybe the most complete game he has EVER had in his life. Imagine what he could do in Phoenix to fix the defense alongside a true shooter like Booker.
JJ Barea was a big contributor on a title winning team. That's a pretty high bar.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat wrote:
Late in the 3Q and for most of the 4Q they put TJ on 6'8" Tatum. He only scored 5 or 6 of his 20 total pts on TJ :lol:

I dont know if Brown is truly in control but why start TJ and have Simmons run the point? The first 7 possessions of the game Simmons brought the ball down and he did nothing. TJ took over and the offense started flowing. TJ also had 2 steals and they didn't credit him for either one. Not starting TJ tomorrow night would be a massive mistake

I think it was Shaq who compared TJ to Dellavedova after the game and Barkley said TJ is better
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Teej starting again tonight. Game 5, easy decision after TJ's games 3 and 4.

https://247sports.com/nba/boston-celtic ... -118081792" target="_blank
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

I hope Philly appreciates TJ as much as us at this point. They have him guarding Tatum which is ridiculous tho.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Everytime they go down the court without the ball in Tjs hands its a clusterfuck.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

KillerKlown wrote:Everytime they go down the court without the ball in Tjs hands its a clusterfuck.
He’s the only Sixer so far with a positive +/-
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Damn, sorry to see TJ’s season end.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TJ wasn't as good as he was in Game 4, but had a solid, efficient game and helped make Rozier inefficient again.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:TJ wasn't as good as he was in Game 4, but had a solid, efficient game and helped make Rozier inefficient again.
They kept letting Simmons initiate and put TJ in the opposite corner. Just being on the floor isn’t enough. You gotta let him initiate the offense.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:TJ wasn't as good as he was in Game 4, but had a solid, efficient game and helped make Rozier inefficient again.
They kept letting Simmons initiate and put TJ in the opposite corner. Just being on the floor isn’t enough. You gotta let him initiate the offense.

Yep

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

JJ should have taken that corner position. Him even attempting to initiate an offense or even pass the ball was a disaster this whole series. A good quarter and a half from TJ then he doesn't even touch the ball till the 4th. He was getting it to the open man but they missed a crap load of open shots. Everytime TJ initiated the offense they were in the game or got back into it this series.
At least we still got Kerr and Andre in it.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

So damn proud of TJ! I hope after his playing career he gets into coaching and ends up back at Arizona....I’m assuming / hoping he’d be a good coach. In any case, what a great Ambassador for CSM and Arizona!

Bear Down TJ and wishing you nothing but success.
prh

Post by prh »

Sixers entire offense reverted to how it was at the end of game 3, that I brought up on the last page. So frustrating. Especially with how well he shut down Rozier. Rozier didn't do anything with TJ in the game yesterday.

I changed my mind on wanting a Fultz-Kawhi deal worked out, I'd much rather them try Simmons for Kawhi. Move Fultz to the 2 and let TJ start at point. If Fultz could just remember how to play ball then that could really work out. Simmons just killed them this series.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

KillerKlown wrote:Everytime they go down the court without the ball in Tjs hands its a clusterfuck.
There are some major holes in Simmons game. Then there's JJ acting like a damn child
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

I don't think TJ is a sensitive fellow. Also I think he has probably yelled at few people for messing up plays lol.
prh

Post by prh »

Hilarious to hear the media today saying that Philly needs some veteran leadership. WTF was JJ supposed to be for? Honestly he looked Gabe York running around looking for any and all 3s he could take.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TJ’s option for next year got picked up.

Coincidentally, @phillyfansince88 just jumped off the roof of an office building and left a note addressed to the team that said, “See what you made me do?!?!?!?”.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

was just gonna ask what happened to that twat waffle
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Chicat wrote:TJ’s option for next year got picked up.

Coincidentally, @phillyfansince88 just jumped off the roof of an office building and left a note addressed to the team that said, “See what you made me do?!?!?!?”.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
skyblue

Golden State is unbeatable when (Igoudala) is on his game

Post by skyblue »

"Iguodala is a patient player who understands his role, reads the floor, and makes the simple play. He can single-handedly change the tempo by cleaning the defensive glass, pushing the ball up the court, and finding an open shooter."

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/14 ... s-playoffs
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Lauri is named to NBA all-rookie 1st team
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

No Iggy = no championship. Dubs haven't won a game in this series since he went down
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

84Cat wrote:No Iggy = no championship. Dubs haven't won a game in this series since he went down

Looks like they are going 7
-JB
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Dubs need Iggy to win in Houston
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I hope not. Hopefully they get him back but they are going to need a monster game from a couple of guys not named KD if they are going to win in Houston without iggy. Seems like when KD has a good game the dubs are less likely to win vs the beards. Ps, I don't like harden. Not sure why. Asu maybe, smugness maybe, overrated maybe. Lots to choose from.

He even seems kinda douchy in the state farm commercials.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

After tonight:

Steve Kerr - 8 NBA Championship rings
Andre Iguodala - 3 NBA Championship rings
Bruce Fraser - 3 NBA Championship rings
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Kerr is the only person with 5 rings as a player and 3 as a coach. He is also 6th on the all time coaches list for most wins
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat wrote:Kerr is the only person with 5 rings as a player and 3 as a coach. He is also 6th on the all time coaches list for most wins
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Aaron Gordon is a FA this summer. I'm really hoping he gets out of Orlando, but the conventional wisdom is that the Magic will match anything. Damn.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Is he still playing in the 3 on 3 league?

-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I saw that in multiple places tonight. Bibby is juiceeedd.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I'm suspicious. Somebody been playing with photoshop or gimp or sumpin?

Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:Is he still playing in the 3 on 3 league?

He's spending retirement benching and curling.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/andre/status ... 4246807552[/tweet]

Son of a...

Well anyways, the point is that Andre thinks Doncic's mom is hot.

Here's a link to a story.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardba ... rce=images" target="_blank
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

former cat, not in the NBA tho
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ge-leonard" target="_blank
The former Arizona Wildcat is ending his friendship with James (not really), and posted this satirical statement on Snapchat:

“It is with great remorse that I am writing this. After many years as a peer and many years as friend and teammate I have decided to end my friendship with LeBron James. I am saying this publicly so fans and media members can please stop asking me where he is going in free agency. I don’t know, my family doesn’t know and neither do my kids.

“Unfortunately, I live in Los Angeles so the questions are unavoidable but hopefully this helps to clear things up. Truth be told I never liked the guy. He works too hard it makes the rest of us look bad. He’s my son’s favorite player and I view that as a complete betrayal of how hard I’ve worked to put a roof over his head. I’m sorry I’m having to give this “Drake” response but I feel this is the best way to address this issue that I’m clearly losing also.”
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chance getting a shot
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ghostwhitehorse wrote:https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ge-leonard
The former Arizona Wildcat is ending his friendship with James (not really), and posted this satirical statement on Snapchat:

“It is with great remorse that I am writing this. After many years as a peer and many years as friend and teammate I have decided to end my friendship with LeBron James. I am saying this publicly so fans and media members can please stop asking me where he is going in free agency. I don’t know, my family doesn’t know and neither do my kids.

“Unfortunately, I live in Los Angeles so the questions are unavoidable but hopefully this helps to clear things up. Truth be told I never liked the guy. He works too hard it makes the rest of us look bad. He’s my son’s favorite player and I view that as a complete betrayal of how hard I’ve worked to put a roof over his head. I’m sorry I’m having to give this “Drake” response but I feel this is the best way to address this issue that I’m clearly losing also.”
TyAbbottGotOwned

Post by TyAbbottGotOwned »

Luke Walton now gets to coach Lebron James. Would be awesome to get some Kerr vs Walton WCFs
Oderint Dum Metuant