Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dcZONAfan

Re: let's talk '15

Post by dcZONAfan »

Oops, Kentucky not UNC.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

To me that sounds like Arizona and CAL? 97 thoughts?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

is that breaking news, Paul Biancardi???
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

watch out Arizona has a new prediction on 247 sports for Ivan Rabb. Thats the 1st in many months!

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions
97cats

Post by 97cats »

patience
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

3goggles wrote:watch out Arizona has a new prediction on 247 sports for Ivan Rabb. Thats the 1st in many months!

That writer had had him going to UNC, which obviously isn't happening. I expect those other UNC insiders to switch their vote to UA as well. He's not going to Kansas or UCLA. Cal might be the sentimental school so they'll be right there to the end, but I think it ultimately comes down to UA and Kentucky and Raab would like to be closer to home than the Bluegrass State.

So there's the Chicat Crystal Ball projection. Someone send me $9.99 a month.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Chicat wrote:
3goggles wrote:watch out Arizona has a new prediction on 247 sports for Ivan Rabb. Thats the 1st in many months!

That writer had had him going to UNC, which obviously isn't happening. I expect those other UNC insiders to switch their vote to UA as well. He's not going to Kansas or UCLA. Cal might be the sentimental school so they'll be right there to the end, but I think it ultimately comes down to UA and Kentucky and Raab would like to be closer to home than the Bluegrass State.

So there's the Chicat Crystal Ball projection. Someone send me $9.99 a month.
Nice.. that is how you draw it up. This would be an impressive recruiting win considering the collective negative recruiting and the home town pressure.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I have a good feeling about this one.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

cats101 wrote:I have a good feeling about this one.
Me, too ... now that 97 is back calming our nerves. Glad to see you, 97!

Go Cats!!
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

Simon has a new nickname...."THE MAYOR"... Long Live the Mayor...

"Justin Simon went out of his way to befriend these media people," Trigonis said. "He could probably run for mayor of whatever town he's in. So there's going to be a bias in a lot of different ways."
gumby

Post by gumby »

If he can shoot free throws like The Mayor, then great!

Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

yawn
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Seems this Mom really has enjoyed the recruitment of her son.....or am I wrong>
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

seems this mom gives herself her own manicure and polish -- amiwrong?

and no, you're not wrong
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UA visit next for five-star big man Zimmerman

27 minutes ago • By Bruce Pascoe

UA target Stephen Zimmerman of Las Vegas was one of 12 players named to USA Basketball's final U18 team.

Had a chance to catch up with Stephen Zimmerman's mom, Lori Stevens, over the phone on Tuesday afternoon while she was getting her nails done.

Little did I know this would be the result.

Stevens and her son have already been on three official visits -- to Kentucky, Kansas and UCLA -- while Arizona will be the fourth.

The Wildcats won't have quite the show to impress Zimmerman, however.

Zimmerman already witnessed two of the most renowned preseason events in college basketball: Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness and Kansas’ Late Night in the Phog. He may take his fifth and final official to North Carolina in March to take in one of those celebrated Duke-North Carolina games, too.

But this weekend he will be in town ... for an exhibition game against Division II Cal Poly Pomona, a game that will likely have a four-figure crowd and thousands of empty seats.

McKale Center is limited to 10,000 seats because of ongoing renovations, and consequently the exhibition game could not be put on season-ticket packages, meaning UA is trying to sell the 10,000 seats individually.

But Stevens said the visit this weekend isn’t just about seeing a game atmosphere.

“I think it’s more about spending time with players for Stephen, and going through their academic programs,” Stevens said. “We already went into that but to get more detail. We want to get a feel for campus and how he would be living.”

Zimmerman has already visited UA unofficially to meet the coaches and had a chance to get to know Sean Miller while playing for USA Basketball’s U18 team in Colorado Springs in June.

“That really showed him a lot,” Stevens said. “Sean worked with him and the way they got along, the way he handled him was impressive. I know Stephen liked that.

“We were there for 18 days and I don’t think over those 18 days we talked about recruiting or Arizona at all.”

Now, Miller will get a chance to talk recruiting, though he probably won’t have a chance to close anything out. Stevens said her son is planning to decide after his season at Bishop Gorman High School, and will not sign a letter-of-intent, so as not to bind him to a school.

Ivan Rabb is set for a Jan. 3 visit to Arizona. He'll be expected to take in UA's Pac-12 opener on Jan. 4 against ASU.
http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/a ... nw.twitter
Last edited by 84Cat on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

it's all about Ivan Rabb for the final in '15 -- lets talk '16 thread coming soon.....
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

4th after Kentucky, Kansas and UCLA huh.. A little disappointed till I read the rest of the article.

"Zimmerman has already visited UA unofficially to meet the coaches and had a chance to get to know Sean Miller while playing for USA Basketball’s U18 team in Colorado Springs in June.

“That really showed him a lot,” Stevens said. “Sean worked with him and the way they got along, the way he handled him was impressive. I know Stephen liked that."
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

97cats wrote:it's all about Ivan Rabb for the final in '15 -- lets talk '16 thread coming soon.....
Lets get it Started in here!!!! I Couldnt help myself
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

84Cat wrote:Stevens said her son is planning to decide after his season at Bishop Gorman High School, and will not sign a letter-of-intent, so as not to bind him to a school.
I don't know much about recruiting, but this sounds like a red flag to me. Even when a school is picked, they can just go somewhere else at the last second if things aren't perfectly to their liking. Add in what 97 said about his mom, and I can see why Zimmerman isn't a priority.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I wonder if his Zimmerman's mom pulls over and stops to pray when she worries about him?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:
That's cuticle.

Moms for Miller!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

97cats wrote:yawn
Agree. Idk if she's trying to make this recruitment exciting but its really not.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lol no loi? So the kid wants to have the option of bailing on whoever he committed too probably just weeks before the season begins so he can go somewhere else.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Didn't AG skip his LOI?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Hey, Mom, get withey the program.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

gumby wrote:Hey, Mom, get withey the program.
Def reminds me of Withey's MOM.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Me too. First sign of trouble and those nails are going to be digging into some faces around the AD. Good luck satisfying a prima donna situation.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

ASUHATER! wrote:Lol no loi? So the kid wants to have the option of bailing on whoever he committed too probably just weeks before the season begins so he can go somewhere else.
Yeah, there needs to be some sort of commitment. Can't see the major programs on his list making him a crucial priority if he isn't willing to actually commit beyond a verbal. Granted, they will all continue to recruit him, but they will also be going after other bigs who will commit. He will be a nice prize for someone, but will also likely have at least another big in his same position part of any program he ultimately commits to because if someone holds out for him without a contingency plan and loses out on his commitment, there could be a gaping hole in the middle for a team.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If he's not a priority, why are we even having him for an official visit?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:If he's not a priority, why are we even having him for an official visit?
He's a legit 7 foot, 5 star prospect. Why wouldn't you host him on an official?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

All I want is Rabb or Zimmerman. If tarc leaves after this year and we still have ristic, Victor, Anderson, Comanche and rabb/Zimmerman in the post I'll feel great about 2015/16.

Maybe not #2 in the country but a roster with pjc, Smith, Trier, York, Pitts, Allen, Victor, Anderson, Comanche, Ristic, Rabb/Zimmerman is still a top 10 team. No idea who would play wing, but that's a buttload of talent at the 1, 2, 4 and 5 positions.

97cats

Post by 97cats »

i put AZ's chances for Zimm at a cool 1.25%
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Go to that twitter feed and look at all the UK fans twitting at Momma. Embarrassing, really.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Moms like Zimm's are so annoying. Involved to a fault.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

97cats wrote:i put AZ's chances for Zimm at a cool 1.25%
What about Swanigan?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ASUHATER! wrote:All I want is Rabb or Zimmerman. If tarc leaves after this year and we still have ristic, Victor, Anderson, Comanche and rabb/Zimmerman in the post I'll feel great about 2015/16.

Maybe not #2 in the country but a roster with pjc, Smith, Trier, York, Pitts, Allen, Victor, Anderson, Comanche, Ristic, Rabb/Zimmerman is still a top 10 team. No idea who would play wing, but that's a buttload of talent at the 1, 2, 4 and 5 positions.
You forgot about Simon
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I can't believe that some of you nerds don't have better things to do than to criticize a recruit's mom who has been nothing but great in terms of how public she is with praise for our program and coaching staff.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Chicat wrote:I can't believe that some of you nerds don't have better things to do than to criticize a recruit's mom who has been nothing but great in terms of how public she is with praise for our program and coaching staff.
She has been very kind to the program via Twitter. She seems to mean well but it comes across as a little much and taking the spot light away from her son. She loves Book and CSM. The no LOI seems like a red flag to me but it will probably start to be the norm with top-10 kids.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Chicat wrote:I can't believe that some of you nerds don't have better things to do than to criticize a recruit's mom who has been nothing but great in terms of how public she is with praise for our program and coaching staff.
Excellent, Chi!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:If he's not a priority, why are we even having him for an official visit?
Because 97 puts our chances at a cool 1.25%. Waste of time and resources.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
I'll let CSM decide how he chooses to spend his time.

Right on Chi!
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Ehhh, he most likely isn't attending UofA, and nobody knows who or what the fuck prodigaleyelid is. Overbearing parents are super annoying IMO, a pet peeve of mine. But I get it, in general if I couldn't type something nice maybe I shouldn't have typed it at all.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

3goggles wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:All I want is Rabb or Zimmerman. If tarc leaves after this year and we still have ristic, Victor, Anderson, Comanche and rabb/Zimmerman in the post I'll feel great about 2015/16.

You forgot about Simon
Yeah my bad. We may lose our entire starting five and still have a logjam at the guard spots

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Is there someone else you'd like Miller to spend those time and resources on? If so, maybe write an email to the AD.

The truth is that many times recruiting isn't just about one kid. How is it going to look to other kids, their parents, and their coaches if we ignore a 5 star recruit that has done nothing but show us love especially from an area, school, and AAU program we continue to recruit hard?

Zimmerman and his mom being all about Arizona for a week is a good thing. No way to spin it otherwise.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pokinmik wrote:Ehhh, he most likely isn't attending UofA, and nobody knows who or what the fuck prodigaleyelid is. Overbearing parents are super annoying IMO, a pet peeve of mine. But I get it, in general if I couldn't type something nice maybe I shouldn't have typed it at all.
It only takes one person to forward a link and all of a sudden the entire Arizona fanbase is made up of the type of people who anonymously talk shit about the mothers of recruits. That's not a good look for any of us.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

True Chi.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Puerco wrote:Go to that twitter feed and look at all the UK fans twitting at Momma. Embarrassing, really.
UK fans ARE embarrassing.

I bet she's soaking it up.
gumby

Post by gumby »

pokinmik wrote:Moms like Zimm's are so annoying. Involved to a fault.
As Radar would say on MASH, "Choppers!"
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Hell, a UK fan posted on that ESPN "Best dunkers" story about "ESPN hate of Kentucky" just because Aaron Harrison wasn't on the list. Then Arkansas fans chimed in with "Where's Qualls? Should be No. 1!"

I'm now convinced SECfan has nothing better to do all day then delude himself.