Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CatFanOneMil

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Irish27 wrote:I would not be surprised if the Cats receive a similar penalty that USC gets. Hopefully a slap on the wrist.
I would love a slap on the wrist type penalty and then watch the EatShitandSpin talking heads explode...
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

pc in NM wrote:
TheCat wrote:PC in NM,

NCAA Division I Bylaw 11.1.1.1 states that a head coach is
presumed to be responsible for the actions of all staff members who
report, directly or indirectly, to the head coach. The head coach will
be held accountable for violations in the program unless he or she
can rebut the presumption of responsibility.

A key point to remember is the Committee on Infractions, not the enforcement staff,
that concludes whether the head coach satisfied the requirements of Bylaw
11.1.1.1. The Committee on Infractions is made up of representatives from
the membership and the public

After ESPN how do you think we are perceived?
you have not even tried to identify what, if any, NCAA rule has been violated.

There are two reasons NC was not held accountable. One the professor did not work for the coach and two the classes were open to all students not just athletes. That is it in a nut shell. We can disagree on whether Arizona will be charged but I think you are not facing reality if you thing everyone but us will be charged. I have no idea what OkSt or USC head coach did other than have an assistant go rouge.

Violation of a federal law is not covered by the NCAA unless that action ALSO violates a NCAA regulation.

UNC committed academic fraud by having classes for which students received grades for virtually no performance. UNC athletes enrolled in, and received phony grades. But, because non-athletes were enrolled in the classes, the academic fraud did not constitute a NCAA violation.

An assistant coach was convicted of fraud. Got it. A fellow fraudster alleged that student athletes received illegitimate payments. Got it. BUT, there has apparently been no actual evidence of such illegitimate payments....

Got it?
Since I had some free time I would say that they may hit us with 10.1 (d).
Which is 10.1 Ethical Conduct (d) Receipt of benefits by an institutional staff member for facilitating or arranging a meeting between a student athlete and an agent, financial advisor or a representative of an agent or advisor (e.g., “runner”). There are others but I think this may apply. This is from the 2018 rule book so the numbers may have changed but it was in place in 2017-2018. Maybe you don't think that describes what happened PC in NM.

Don't get me wrong I hope nothing but 2 schools that had assistancts do exactly what Book did have received notices. Bland at USC took $4.100 (less than Book) to do what Book did.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

TheCat wrote:
pc in NM wrote:

A key point to remember is the Committee on Infractions, not the enforcement staff,

There are two reasons NC was not held accountable. One the professor did not work for the coach and two the classes were open to all students not just athletes. That is it in a nut shell. We can disagree on whether Arizona will be charged but I think you are not facing reality if you thing everyone but us will be charged. I have no idea what OkSt or USC head coach did other than have an assistant go rouge.

Violation of a federal law is not covered by the NCAA unless that action ALSO violates a NCAA regulation.

UNC committed academic fraud by having classes for which students received grades for virtually no performance. UNC athletes enrolled in, and received phony grades. But, because non-athletes were enrolled in the classes, the academic fraud did not constitute a NCAA violation.

An assistant coach was convicted of fraud. Got it. A fellow fraudster alleged that student athletes received illegitimate payments. Got it. BUT, there has apparently been no actual evidence of such illegitimate payments....

Got it?
Which is 10.1 Ethical Conduct (d) Receipt of benefits by an institutional staff member for facilitating or arranging a meeting between a student athlete and an agent, financial advisor or a representative of an agent or advisor (e.g., “runner”). There are others but I think this may apply. This is from the 2018 rule book so the numbers may have changed but it was in place in 2017-2018. Maybe you don't think that describes what happened PC in NM.

Don't get me wrong I hope nothing but 2 schools that had assistancts do exactly what Book did have received notices. Bland at USC took $4.100 (less than Book) to do what Book did.
Good find, and now I’m anxious...

So, have either of the list of allegation for USC or the other actually included that rule?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

What U of A players met with Christian Dawkins?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

pc in NM wrote:
TheCat wrote:
pc in NM wrote:

Got it?

Good find, and now I’m anxious...

So, have either of the list of allegation for USC or the other actually included that rule?
I looked but couldn't find the wording in the notices anywhere so I don't know. I think there are a few other potential violations too. For sure Bylaw 11.1.1.1 will be in there.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Not specifically the FBI bribery scandal but TCU just got handed probation seems football, basketball, and womens players were getting paid for work they did not do...

Link
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The Texas way LOL
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Why is 11.1.1.1 in play for sure? If Arizona and Miller showed they reported it right away and addressed it and it was not the result of a lack of rules or culture then I dont see how it applies
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 731459001/" target="_blank

Rick Pitino settles with Adidas, company he alleges contributed to his downfall at U of L

Sixteen months after a federal judge dismissed his lawsuit against Adidas, Rick Pitino has reached a settlement with the company that contributed to his downfall at the University of Louisville.

The terms of the settlement were not released. A joint statement released Monday by the Hall of Fame coach and the global sportswear giant said all issues between the two had been resolved.

“Over 16 years working with Adidas, Coach Pitino demonstrated his passion for basketball and his commitment to excellence both on and off the court,” the statement read. “We wish Coach Pitino the best in his new role as head coach of Panathinaikos, the Greek national team and any future endeavors.”
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

azcat49 wrote:The Texas way LOL
Which begs the question: How many people does it take to screw in a light bulb? In TCU's case, apparently up to 15.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Am I wrong in thinking that if we haven't received a notice by now we're not going to?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that if we haven't received a notice by now we're not going to?
Yeah, they'll do us sooner or later. It's probably a good sign if it takes longer.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
azgreg wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that if we haven't received a notice by now we're not going to?
Yeah, they'll do us sooner or later. It's probably a good sign if it takes longer.
Disagree completely.

The longer it takes the more punitive the sanctions will likely be.

The reason they are taking longer is probably because there is MORE to investigate. Book ran his mouth long and hard on those FBI tapes. I'm sure the NCAA is trying to run every potential violation to ground. If the NCAA finds a copy of Alkins high school transcripts which doesn't match what the UA provides I'm afraid we are potentially looking at a NCAA tournament ban, perhaps multi-year.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Disagree completely.

The reason they are taking longer is probably because there is MORE to investigate. Book ran his mouth long and hard on those FBI tapes. I'm sure the NCAA is trying to run every potential violation to ground. If the NCAA finds a copy of Alkins high school transcripts which doesn't match what the UA provides I'm afraid we are potentially looking at a NCAA tournament ban, perhaps multi-year.
Exactly what I'm thinking. The length of time it's taking indicates to me the NCAA has a lot more to investigate. They've discovered more than they expected is my guess and are leaving no stones un-turned. I think a multi-year ban, loss of scholarships, and vacating wins (luckily there's nothing significant to vacate) at a minimum. Even if Miller survives, which I doubt, the program will take years to recover and rebuild. Long stretch ahead. Better enjoy this year for what it's worth. Could be the last decent year for quite some time. Brace for impact.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Disagree completely.

Then why did Kansas already get a notice with a ton of trial testimony about them? The schools that got notices already are the ones with the clearest evidence against them.

The longer it takes, the less clear it is. The trial was October, 2018. In May 2019, the NCAA said four schools would receive notices.

All four have. We're not one of them.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Disagree completely.

Then why did Kansas already get a notice with a ton of trial testimony about them? The schools that got notices already are the ones with the clearest evidence against them.

The longer it takes, the less clear it is. The trial was October, 2018. In May 2019, the NCAA said four schools would receive notices.

All four have. We're not one of them.
Maybe they’ve already put us on Double Secret Probation. If only we had self-sanctioned...

:roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Captain Obvious wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Disagree completely.

Exactly what I'm thinking. The length of time it's taking indicates to me the NCAA has a lot more to investigate. They've discovered more than they expected is my guess and are leaving no stones un-turned. I think a multi-year ban, loss of scholarships, and vacating wins (luckily there's nothing significant to vacate) at a minimum. Even if Miller survives, which I doubt, the program will take years to recover and rebuild. Long stretch ahead. Better enjoy this year for what it's worth. Could be the last decent year for quite some time. Brace for impact.
^^^^NOT.GOING.TO.HAPPEN^^^^

First of all the NCAA DOES NOT HAVE THE FBI TAPES...

People are not paying attention, a FEDERAL JUDGE said "No" when they asked for the evidence.

Remember the Attorney for the governments statement?
"More specifically, Kaplan agreed that the requested materials consisted of hearsay, speculation and rumor, and that the materials would implicate people not standing trial who would not have the opportunity to challenge or respond to the information in the materials."

So the NCAA is on its own WITHOUT ANY of the evidence from the trial...no tapes, no text messages, no interviews...basically the government said that a lot of the stuff they had was made up shit and it would have a negative impact on people who would not be able to defend themselves...

IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE THAT MARK SCHLABACH AND ESPN DID MILLER A HUGE FAVOR...by printing hearsay they fueled the government's denial to the NCAA...

So basically the NCAA has to investigate on its own...good fucking luck with that.
UofA has cooperated, Miller has cooperated, Pac 12 has cooperated...Kansas has not.

The worst we will see is a slap on the wrist.

Thats it.

Source of quote

The evidence that the NCAA does have is basically available to anyone who can access the public records...the investigative materials were not entered into the record.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

If dmjcat and corporal oblivious say it is one thing, you can bet the actuality will be the exact opposite.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

BBQ wildcat wrote:If dmjcat and corporal oblivious say it is one thing, you can bet the actuality will be the exact opposite.
I'm sort of sick of dmj's prophet of doom thing. He's been on that train for years with no new info or evidence.

Captain Obvious just hates Miller and possibly Arizona.

It's the height of LOL to me to think the NCAA is engaged in hardcore, deep cover investigation like Rust Cohle in True Detective. The NCAA's entire investigation and punishment structure is based in obvious stuff, trying to get people to self report and not challenge punishment.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:If dmjcat and corporal oblivious say it is one thing, you can bet the actuality will be the exact opposite.
I'm sort of sick of dmj's prophet of doom thing. He's been on that train for years with no new info or evidence.

It's the height of LOL to me to think the NCAA is engaged in hardcore, deep cover investigation like Rust Cohle in True Detective. The NCAA's entire investigation and punishment structure is based in obvious stuff, trying to get people to self report and not challenge punishment.
They don’t sleep, they just dream man.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Remember in June CBS came out with the story that someone at the NCAA said that six schools would be punished last summer with the two worst being right away. So far USC, Kansas, NC State, Oklahoma State and Auburn have been given NOIs
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

It does make you wonder what the Miller haters think the NCAA’s investigative capabilities are.

Have they convinced themselves that there are bugs in all the Arizona offices and that they’re meeting dudes in parking garages in the middle of the night with code names who wear trench coats and hand over files that lay out all the evidence?

It ain’t like that. At all...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

It does make you wonder what the Miller haters think the NCAA’s investigative capabilities are.

Have they convinced themselves that there are bugs in all the Arizona offices and that they’re meeting dudes in parking garages in the middle of the night with code names who wear trench coats and hand over files that lay out all the evidence?

In that world, the NCAA is preparing to have their lead investigator say "looks like it's time to throw the BOOK at Arizona."

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

In that world, the NCAA is preparing to have their lead investigator say "looks like it's time to throw the BOOK at Arizona."

“Looks like this case is a........ slam dunk.”

The Who soundtrack kicks in at max volume
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

you just know a Sergeant in the NCAA Investigation Bureau called his pair of investigators, one a stickler for rules and documentation who is sometimes swayed by his younger, more reckless partner, to the home office to tell them to prepare their final report by 5 PM today and that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should they keep digging, or it will be digging a grave for their career. While Howard (the responsible one) knows there is more out there to nail Miller with, he is 14 hours from a full pension NCAA retirement and a flight to anywhere without basketball. He has been secretly writing the report, one that will largely exonerate Arizona due to lack of evidence, on his Blackberry so the duo can meet the deliverable. Sarge sees in Howard's eyes that his point has hit home, and focuses his ire on Crash, the brash but effective investigator who was sure to be drafted late in the NBA's 2nd round after his senior year at Pacific State, only to be injured during a reckless foul on his final layup by a Freshman phenom who was illegally recruited and high on diuretics provided by his agent.

Sarge slams his NCAA spiral bound rulebook on the desk while shouting "AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR, CRASH?!?", spilling coffee from an oversized metallic NCAA logoed cup all over his desk, soaking his intricate system of sticky notes and Howard's Blackberry. Howard grabs the phone and sprints toward the elevator at One NCAA Plaza, shouting to Crash that he needs a bag of rice to save his phone. Crash, jogging behind with a noticeable limp favoring his surgically repaired leg, breathlessly catches up at the elevator door and says "sure, Howie...We just need to make one little stop on the way..." Howard stares incredulously at Crash, who winks and says "we got 5 hours, boss, and HyVee has self-checkout. That gives us 4 hours and 55 minutes to nail this sumabitch Miller..."

Howard spits back, just as the elevator door opens "...and how the hell do you expect to nail Teflon Sean by then? We still have to write this goddamn thing" The doors close.

As the doors re-open after descending from the 14th floor, we catch the end of Crash's explanation. "...and that will convince them to self-report. And THAT is how we get them."

(end scene)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EVCat wrote:you just know a Sergeant in the NCAA Investigation Bureau called his pair of investigators, one a stickler for rules and documentation who is sometimes swayed by his younger, more reckless partner, to the home office to tell them to prepare their final report by 5 PM today and that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should they keep digging, or it will be digging a grave for their career. While Howard (the responsible one) knows there is more out there to nail Miller with, he is 14 hours from a full pension NCAA retirement and a flight to anywhere without basketball. He has been secretly writing the report, one that will largely exonerate Arizona due to lack of evidence, on his Blackberry so the duo can meet the deliverable. Sarge sees in Howard's eyes that his point has hit home, and focuses his ire on Crash, the brash but effective investigator who was sure to be drafted late in the NBA's 2nd round after his senior year at Pacific State, only to be injured during a reckless foul on his final layup by a Freshman phenom who was illegally recruited and high on diuretics provided by his agent.

Sarge slams his NCAA spiral bound rulebook on the desk while shouting "AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR, CRASH?!?", spilling coffee from an oversized metallic NCAA logoed cup all over his desk, soaking his intricate system of sticky notes and Howard's Blackberry. Howard grabs the phone and sprints toward the elevator at One NCAA Plaza, shouting to Crash that he needs a bag of rice to save his phone. Crash, jogging behind with a noticeable limp favoring his surgically repaired leg, breathlessly catches up at the elevator door and says "sure, Howie...We just need to make one little stop on the way..." Howard stares incredulously at Crash, who winks and says "we got 5 hours, boss, and HyVee has self-checkout. That gives us 4 hours and 55 minutes to nail this sumabitch Miller..."

Howard spits back, just as the elevator door opens "...and how the hell do you expect to nail Teflon Sean by then? We still have to write this goddamn thing" The doors close.

As the doors re-open after descending from the 14th floor, we catch the end of Crash's explanation. "...and that will convince them to self-report. And THAT is how we get them."

(end scene)
Nice work. I do think you're missing the point where Crash is taken off the case because, although he did something that saved countless lives, he didn't do it by the book. He's told he has to get off the Arizona investigation because it's gotten too personal, but he keeps working it anyways.

Or the scene where Sean Miller sends Mark Phelps to kill Crash's old partner, who is 1 day from retirement, then secretly chuckles about how it will never be traced back to him because the money trail is hidden in Shareef O'Neal's falsified transcripts.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Captain Obvious wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
< pointless drivel removed >
< pointless drivel removed >
Or.....stick with me here.....there's nothing there.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
EVCat wrote:you just know a Sergeant in the NCAA Investigation Bureau called his pair of investigators, one a stickler for rules and documentation who is sometimes swayed by his younger, more reckless partner, to the home office to tell them to prepare their final report by 5 PM today and that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should they keep digging, or it will be digging a grave for their career. While Howard (the responsible one) knows there is more out there to nail Miller with, he is 14 hours from a full pension NCAA retirement and a flight to anywhere without basketball. He has been secretly writing the report, one that will largely exonerate Arizona due to lack of evidence, on his Blackberry so the duo can meet the deliverable. Sarge sees in Howard's eyes that his point has hit home, and focuses his ire on Crash, the brash but effective investigator who was sure to be drafted late in the NBA's 2nd round after his senior year at Pacific State, only to be injured during a reckless foul on his final layup by a Freshman phenom who was illegally recruited and high on diuretics provided by his agent.

(end scene)
Nice work. I do think you're missing the point where Crash is taken off the case because, although he did something that saved countless lives, he didn't do it by the book. He's told he has to get off the Arizona investigation because it's gotten too personal, but he keeps working it anyways.

Or the scene where Sean Miller sends Mark Phelps to kill Crash's old partner, who is 1 day from retirement, then secretly chuckles about how it will never be traced back to him because the money trail is hidden in Shareef O'Neal's falsified transcripts.
Oh, they won't get Arizona to self-report by 5 pm. Turns out, Crash's inside guy...let's call him Haave Deeke...doesn't have the juice he led Crash to believe he had. And they miss the 5 pm deadline. And Howard goes to One NCAA to fall on the sword to buy Crash time, but Sarge doesn't buy it, and calls Crash on Howard's rice-saved Blackberry to tell him "YOU ARE MUTHERFUKIN OFF THIS CASE. TURN IN YOUR KEY CARD BY MAIL...I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR GIMP ASS AT ONE NCAA AGAIN, Y'HEARME???"

Crash misses the very last part of Sarge's diatribe when he clicks over to an incoming call from a contact named "Dyondre". He smiles...

Things are just heating up. Wednesdays this Fall.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This forum needs a like button.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’m gettin’ too old for this shit...
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I love you guys. Well, most of you. In a bromance kind of way.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Kansas was hit with 5 level 1 violations and their goose is cooked. Got Self and Townsend talking about getting recruits with Adidas. The one good news is that the HC at OK ST. (former or new) did not get charged. They did receive a level 1 violation but it was for unethical conduct by an assistant who got $22K and they agree that the assistant violate rules but said he did it for his own enrichment and are fighting the level 1. Almost identical to us (I hope).
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

What was said?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Jefe wrote:What was said?
Said they were at the game two years ago and Miller took himself away from the game on his own and it was due to the fruitless allegations
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Game day at Kansas and Bilas said no need for change at Kansas after the level 1 violations and the FU at midnight madness and then the fight. He is a special kind of POS after saying Miller should be fired
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:Game day at Kansas and Bilas said no need for change at Kansas after the level 1 violations and the FU at midnight madness and then the fight. He is a special kind of POS after saying Miller should be fired
My shocked face is as wildly sarcastic as you imagine it to be.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Chicat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Game day at Kansas and Bilas said no need for change at Kansas after the level 1 violations and the FU at midnight madness and then the fight. He is a special kind of POS after saying Miller should be fired
My shocked face is as wildly sarcastic as you imagine it to be.
*Bilas = hypocrite

*Negative bonus points for going to Duke
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

So apparently Marty Blazer is now cooperating and helping the NCAA re: the FBI investigation...and truthfully I for one am glad...because when the dust clears and the sanctions have been handed down my money is on the Adidas crowd getting sent to the cleaners...which in many ways will clear up a LOT of misinformation about Sean Miller and UA paying players...

Players WERE paid to go to those sports agencies AFTER they went to the NBA...and as far as I know, none of our guys have done so...

Pitt/NW/Alabama/NC/Mich/Notre Dame/and Penn State all seem to have had players who possibly got paid or family members who did...

Blazer claims he has hard evidence that the FBI asked him to withhold fo sharing until now...

"He has additional information that will be of value to the investigations; however, he shared that he held select information at the request of the government and will provide it post-sentencing."

THIS was also noteworthy:

Sources told ESPN that in July 2019, NCAA investigators interviewed Blazer in a Pittsburgh hotel room where more than a dozen representatives from schools implicated in the investigation were allowed to listen to the interviews over the phone but were not allowed to ask questions or listen to interviews regarding schools other than their own....

So since July there's a very good chance that UofA had representation there to hear what was said...and from the looks of it, Miller has been cleared, because if not Heeke would have thrown him out...

Source= EatShitanddiePN
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

But did any school fire their coach because of what they heard in those interviews?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We should self-sanction now just to be safe.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Good chance that is why ESPIN shut down schlongbach
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:We should self-sanction now just to be safe.
Too late. We are already on Double Secret Probation.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Not a fn word other than lapping up bruce pearls nut today on game day. Chuck Pearson got 5X what Book was sentence for and he did not go to jail. ESPN needs to be called out........that one eyed trouser trout especially.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Unfortunately the UA was named by Mr. Blazers attorney:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/31/n ... corruption" target="_blank

Blazer's involvement in the case was widespread. According to a letter from his attorney, Martin Dietz, filed Thursday in federal court, during the course of Blazer’s work with the feds from 2014-17, “payments were made to or on behalf of assistant basketball coaches at the following universities: University of Auburn, University of Alabama, Arizona University, University of Louisville, Creighton University, Texas Christian University, University of Southern California, Oklahoma State University. Mr. Blazer also made payments to third parties to benefit other athletes who attended other universities.”

Blazer, referenced in the original U.S. Attorney’s Office complaint as “Cooperating Witness 1,” leveraged a connection with Atlanta-based clothier Rashan Michel to meet college basketball assistant coaches. Among those Blazer met—and allegedly paid off to ostensibly direct future NBA clients his way—were former Auburn assistant Chuck Person, former Alabama administrative staff member Kobie Baker, former Oklahoma State and South Carolina assistant Lamont Evans, former Arizona assistant Emanuel “Book” Richardson and former USC assistant Tony Bland.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote:We should self-sanction now just to be safe.
Nuking from orbit is really the only way to be sure.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Arizona University

Never heard of it.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

dmjcat wrote:Unfortunately the UA was named by Mr. Blazers attorney:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/31/n ... corruption" target="_blank

Blazer's involvement in the case was widespread. According to a letter from his attorney, Martin Dietz, filed Thursday in federal court, during the course of Blazer’s work with the feds from 2014-17, “payments were made to or on behalf of assistant basketball coaches at the following universities: University of Auburn, University of Alabama, Arizona University, University of Louisville, Creighton University, Texas Christian University, University of Southern California, Oklahoma State University. Mr. Blazer also made payments to third parties to benefit other athletes who attended other universities.”

Blazer, referenced in the original U.S. Attorney’s Office complaint as “Cooperating Witness 1,” leveraged a connection with Atlanta-based clothier Rashan Michel to meet college basketball assistant coaches. Among those Blazer met—and allegedly paid off to ostensibly direct future NBA clients his way—were former Auburn assistant Chuck Person, former Alabama administrative staff member Kobie Baker, former Oklahoma State and South Carolina assistant Lamont Evans, former Arizona assistant Emanuel “Book” Richardson and former USC assistant Tony Bland.

Old news, thats why Book got the book thrown at him...the NCAA already knew everything here about us, my point was the Universities were allowed to listen to the testimony/evidence as IT RELATED TO THEIR SCHOOLS...(they were not allowed to hear about other schools)...and so by this statement we know that whatever Blazer had to say about UA in evidence or testimony the school rep (probably the law firm representing UA/Miller) has heard now...so if there was anything incriminating the school or Miller he probably would not be coaching now.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Chicat wrote:Arizona University

Never heard of it.
Isn’t Auburn: Auburn Univerity? As opposed to university of Auburn. Hence AU.

Besides, we are now UArizona so none of the allegations can be held against us.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

If you think this is new news you have not been paying attention