Pac 12 Network Dish

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Zero

Pac 12 Network Dish

Post by Zero »

So, my Directv contract just ended. Canceling tomorrow and contacted Dish.
Talking to them today they offered me a deal with the pac12 for 51.99 a month with the hopper and dvr hd and can also add an extra room for 7 bucks. Are there any other channels that we won't get with Directv? There is a lower package for 5 bucks less because I don't really plan on using Dish much outside of the pac12 network. My roomate has Directv as well and it is in our living room and he is keeping that with the Sunday Ticket.

Thanks.
azcat49

Re: Pac 12 Network Dish

Post by azcat49 »

Switched to Dish and I think I have the same plan. Love it, no complaints at all
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

I'm still with Direct TV for football and hoops, and hoping a Pac-12 breakthrough some day. I borrow a Time Warner code from one of my sons and have been watching the Cats on the computer. It gets the job done, but the fidelity breaks down quite a few times per game and there's no HD whatsoever when that happens. I've only got a 2.9mg download speed, so that may be the problem.

Anyone else having problems getting Pac-12 in HD through their computer?

Oh for cafeteria selection/pricing.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

EOCT wrote:I'm still with Direct TV for football and hoops, and hoping a Pac-12 breakthrough some day. I borrow a Time Warner code from one of my sons and have been watching the Cats on the computer. It gets the job done, but the fidelity breaks down quite a few times per game and there's no HD whatsoever when that happens. I've only got a 2.9mg download speed, so that may be the problem.

I'm with Comcast still and the streaming comes in HD. But, like you, the fidelity breaks down at times, probably about every 10-15 min or so. It usually improves again after a few minutes. but, sometimes I have to log out and relog back in to get a clear signal. I really don't know my speed (would have to go look at my bill), but think it's at least 5mbps
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

No difference with dish. I actually prefer it to directv. Plus I am still under contract in my second year with dish and it have had them lower my bill and add premiums for free with a simple call.

I didn't do the hopper though. Went with the 722 DVR with a sling adapter a know I can get all my channels on iPad or iPhone when not at home. Plus family members out of state can stream games from my sling.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have the America's Top 200 plan to get the PAC-12 network. At the time they told me that was the lowest plan I could go to that would have it.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

I switched from DirecTV to Dish last year and I could not be happier. The only issue that I have right now is I wish that they would get TruTV back. They are going through some sort of a contract thing with Turner and hopefully it is back in time for March Madness.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

other than my hopper receiver crapping out on me and wiping out my DVR 3 times within 8 months of getting it I have had no problems with the service. love being able to watch live tv or my dvr recordings from anywhere.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

wow I would be livid ^

The Hoppa
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

$52 per month? What package is that? I have Dish and have had it for a long time. Cost me double that per month. I think I have the 200 channels, plus sports package.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I have the 200 channels with the sports pack and HBO and the hd dvr on just one tv and it costs me about $130/month now after all my promos expired.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'm still under promo and pay less than $50 for this setup for 2 TVs. No DVR since I watch very little TV.

MY CURRENT SERVICES
America's Top 200$ 69.99
HD Receiver$ 7.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10)$ 0.00
Monthly Charges$ 76.99
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Are you guys happy with the quality of the programs. Do you get all of the Arizona games?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

HiCat wrote:Are you guys happy with the quality of the programs. Do you get all of the Arizona games?
Yeah I'm happy. I get everything Arizona football and basketball game in hd
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
HiCat wrote:Are you guys happy with the quality of the programs. Do you get all of the Arizona games?

Thanks ASUH. Been thinking about cutting ties with cox. $$$ creep.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well except for any espnu games. For some reason that's the one sports network dish refuses to have in hd

WildcatLouis

Post by WildcatLouis »

ASUHATER! wrote:Well except for any espnu games. For some reason that's the one sports network dish refuses to have in hd
That changed several months ago. Dish now offers ESPNU in high def.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

With the basic 200 channels without the sports package I have seen every game. The only action I have missed is when the game is on FSN1, and the prior game runs late so they start the UA game on FSN2, which I don't get and have to wait until the game on FSN1 finishes.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Just got my dad a chromecast so he can use my comcast login to watch PAC12 channel on his plasma. He is very excited
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If you complain about no CNN you can get $$ off your bill.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

UAtrue wrote:
EOCT wrote:I'm still with Direct TV for football and hoops, and hoping a Pac-12 breakthrough some day. I borrow a Time Warner code from one of my sons and have been watching the Cats on the computer. It gets the job done, but the fidelity breaks down quite a few times per game and there's no HD whatsoever when that happens. I've only got a 2.9mg download speed, so that may be the problem.

I'm with Comcast still and the streaming comes in HD. But, like you, the fidelity breaks down at times, probably about every 10-15 min or so. It usually improves again after a few minutes. but, sometimes I have to log out and relog back in to get a clear signal. I really don't know my speed (would have to go look at my bill), but think it's at least 5mbps
Got to speedtest.net and run it. You'll know your REAL speed, not just what they promised you at your plan level.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think it's the PAC-12 server, not the ISP.

I have the 100MBps plan from Comcast (tests at 92+) and still have issues with the PAC-12 site.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

HiCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

HiCat,
I took my cable box down to the Cox store and bitched and they gave me 30% off my bill for the next year, plus a new cable box and came out and trouble shot my internet. Century Link only has 1.5Mbps in my area so I have to stick with Cox for internet. (I get up to 100 Mbps at the cable modem.)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
HiCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

HiCat,
I took my cable box down to the Cox store and bitched and they gave me 30% off my bill for the next year, plus a new cable box and came out and trouble shot my internet. Century Link only has 1.5Mbps in my area so I have to stick with Cox for internet. (I get up to 100 Mbps at the cable modem.)

Very nice.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Paying 52 a month for 120+ channels, two bed rooms hd dvr hopper w/ sling, blockbuster, hbo, max and starz. No equipment or installation fees. Being installed tomorrow morning. Did not need more channels as we have Directv as well.

I'm excited.
TyAbbottGotOwned

Post by TyAbbottGotOwned »

Anybody want $50 (negotiable) via paypal for access to their streaming account online? haha help out a midwest wildcat

Cant get dish at my place and after streaming in HD for free for the opener through Pac12 Networks website, not sure I can go back to shitty streams for the majority of the season. But I'm dead serious, if they allow multiple users at once online or you don't stream on your computer, I'm willing to send some cash money for access if your comfortable sharing your log in.
Oderint Dum Metuant
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

C-ya Dish.

Huge DISH vs Capitol Broadcasting snafu where mainline CBS and FOX are not offered.

Couldn't watch ASU vs Duke, can't watch Panthers v Falcons (CBS) or Cardinals vs Niners (Fox) today. It pisses me off that I pay 80+ month, but I can't get the basic broadcast affiliates that my neighbors with an 25 dollar antenna can get, especially with NFL playoffs coming up.

screw em. I'll be fine watching CATS games via Eurotrash websites.

cutting the cord never felt so good.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Still have no idea what you're talking about. Must just be a regional thing since my dish has all of those things without a whiff of any interruptions.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

yes its regional.
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

CalStateTempe wrote:C-ya Dish.

Huge DISH vs Capitol Broadcasting snafu where mainline CBS and FOX are not offered.

Couldn't watch ASU vs Duke, can't watch Panthers v Falcons (CBS) or Cardinals vs Niners (Fox) today. It pisses me off that I pay 80+ month, but I can't get the basic broadcast affiliates that my neighbors with an 25 dollar antenna can get, especially with NFL playoffs coming up.

Need to get some digital "rabbit ears". That is how I get my networks. If they don't work you can always return them to the retailer. I bought mine from home depot.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ALASKACAT wrote:

Need to get some digital "rabbit ears". That is how I get my networks. If they don't work you can always return them to the retailer. I bought mine from home depot.
Sweet Thanks AlaskaCat.

Update: Wife got on the phone and was able to get our bill cut in half for the next two months. And since the CATS bowl game is on ESPN, we're all good.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I complained to Comcast that the Cats looked like shit on the CBS Sports Network. They refunded me $10. But no problems with picture.
Right where I want to be.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

ALASKACAT wrote:

Went through five of those when we moved last summer. None of them got anything.

If you're "in the shadow" no antenna is going to matter.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

only took 3 years.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i have Direct TV!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Don't see any other sources. Don't even find that tweet, although they did misspell Directv.

But:

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/longho ... 2015-01-20

DirecTV-subscribing college sports fans on the West Coast can't watch the Pac-12 Network, but they can watch University of Texas games on the Longhorn Network.

DirecTV (NASDAQ: DTV) confirmed Tuesday that it's set to launch the U of T-focused regional sports network on Wednesday, placing it on channel 677.

Also part of DirecTV's recent broad-reaching program licensing deal with Disney, Latino-focused entertainment channel Fusion will launch on channel 342.

DirecTV and Disney announced their latest agreement in December, highlighting it with the long-anticipated inclusion of Disney TV Everywhere services like WatchESPN on the satellite service.

However, according to Tuesday's announcement, the multiscreen services will not be available to DirecTV customers until "late February or early March."

With the inclusion of the Longhorn Network, DirecTV carries every major college-themed RSN except the Pac-12 Network.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It's only a matter of time until the DirecTV/Dish merger...
Cactuscat

Post by Cactuscat »

About God-damn time....Jesus Christ!!!

The DTV guys Costco have been saying the same thing for a few weeks now
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

gumby wrote:I complained to Comcast that the Cats looked like shit on the CBS Sports Network. They refunded me $10. But no problems with picture.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gumby, you're incorrigible. What a bad example for us(we?) cub reporters on this site. Please continue.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Not worth switching to Dish over the Pac-12 Network to see a couple of games that aren't on ESPN, CBS, Fox, etc.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

midnightx wrote:Not worth switching to Dish over the Pac-12 Network to see a couple of games that aren't on ESPN, CBS, Fox, etc.
Just curious why you would say that? Unless getting every NFL game is a sticking point...why would anyone care who delivered their HD feed...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Was worth it for me. Being without a good 15 basketball and 5 football games a year is enough. It's way more than a couple.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Olsondogg wrote:
midnightx wrote:Not worth switching to Dish over the Pac-12 Network to see a couple of games that aren't on ESPN, CBS, Fox, etc.
Just curious why you would say that? Unless getting every NFL game is a sticking point...why would anyone care who delivered their HD feed...
Yes, the NFL package is superb. Plus, I don't believe Dish offers the complete coverage of the tennis grand slams either; which also matters to me.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

midnightx wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Yes, the NFL package is superb. Plus, I don't believe Dish offers the complete coverage of the tennis grand slams either; which also matters to me.

Gotcha. Even missing one UA game would make me switch. Don't give a rats ass about the NFL, so it was the perfect move for me.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

The app now has chromecast support. I am watching right now and it looks really good. It's streaming 1080p.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

84Cat wrote:The app now has chromecast support. I am watching right now and it looks really good. It's streaming 1080p.
What about Roku?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
84Cat wrote:The app now has chromecast support. I am watching right now and it looks really good. It's streaming 1080p.
What about Roku?
I don't have a roku so I don't know. I updated the app this morning and the only change was chromecast support. Does roku have apps like the sec & b1g?
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Was worth it for me. Being without a good 15 basketball and 5 football games a year is enough. It's way more than a couple.
Yeah, i dumped DirectTV beginning of last season so I could get all the U of A games incl football. Yes, it did take a bit to get everything hammered out with Time Warner Cable and they are a pain in the ass like all these other huge corporations but really no difference.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

dish anywhere app now has chromecast support? really now...