Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Olsondogg »

Nobody knows shit about what will happen. Likely not even the NCAA.

Just look at this thread, College basketball was doomed forever according to all the experts...

It's gonna be a while before anything is resolved for Arizona.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Cooperate with the NCAA to the fullest and still lose a postseason, lol just think that some want to self-sanction here.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

ChooChooCat wrote:Cooperate with the NCAA to the fullest and still lose a postseason, lol just think that some want to self-sanction here.
NCAA shitting on their own messaging here. This is the most severe possible punishment given the circumstances agreed upon by OSU and the NCAA.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

YoDeFoe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Cooperate with the NCAA to the fullest and still lose a postseason, lol just think that some want to self-sanction here.
NCAA shitting on their own messaging here. This is the most severe possible punishment given the circumstances agreed upon by OSU and the NCAA.
3 scholarships per year for 3 years too man, you have to nail your walk ons. The over reach here is staggering.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It’s fucking ridiculous. How does taking away so many opportunities for young people to get an education stop this from happening again?

The NCAA is a fucking dumpster full of pig assholes. Someone should light it on fire. At least there’d be a nice roast pork smell.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Can’t wait to see what they do to Duke. :roll:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Can’t wait to see what they do to Duke. :roll:
The comfy pillow
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:Can’t wait to see what they do to Duke. :roll:
The comfy pillow
Poke him with the soft cushions!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

RondaeShimmy wrote:
That is the most tone-deaf public statement by the NCAA since Paul Dee's public admonishment of Lute Olson in 2007 sanctions.

I honestly don't know how a champion of college football or basketball can legitimately be crowned anymore. Especially if the Dukes, Kansases, North Carolinas and SEC football schools are non-cooperative, avoid punishment yet are always in the Final Four in the end.

Even if there is an upcoming srason, if this is how punishment for a rogue assistant coach is going to be handled, who is to say who cheated to win it and who didn't?

What an irresolvable mess.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Where is Dukie V with the tweeted outrage? Must be fixing the glass in his house and picking up the stones
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

$5000/month rent??? Wow, that is high end. I want to hear from Dukie V today
mofo

Post by mofo »

You know damn well Dick isn't commenting on Duke unless it's to say it's a witch hunt. He's laying low hoping some info comes out on AZ soon to focus on. I'm not on Twitter, but is anyone lighting him up for comment since this was brought up?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

84Cat wrote:$5000/month rent??? Wow, that is high end. I want to hear from Dukie V today
A $5,000/month in Raleigh-Durham is insane. A $950K home in Raleigh-Durham is insane, especially after living in a home worth $150,000 before the move. A nearly $1 million dollar home in Raleigh-Durham is not some modest homestead. That's a mansion. How on earth could his family afford $5k/month rent after paying $850/month. That's laughable.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

zonagrad wrote:
84Cat wrote:$5000/month rent??? Wow, that is high end. I want to hear from Dukie V today
A $5,000/month in Raleigh-Durham is insane. A $950K home in Raleigh-Durham is insane, especially after living in a home worth $150,000 before the move. A nearly $1 million dollar home in Raleigh-Durham is not some modest homestead. That's a mansion. How on earth could his family afford $5k/month rent after paying $850/month. That's laughable.
5k a month in the nice part of San Francisco is insane.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

zonagrad wrote:
Detective DukieV is on the case!

Just kidding. He's making himself a prune juice/vodka cocktail and waiting impatiently for the NCAA to drop the hammer on a program he personally dislikes because they beat Duke once or twice.
prh

Post by prh »

Also, not directly mentioned in tweets, is that the owner of the NC house is a Duke alum
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

Just kidding. He's making himself a prune juice/vodka cocktail and waiting impatiently for the NCAA to drop the hammer on a program he personally dislikes because they beat Duke once or twice.
DukieV is more upset that Miller looks Italian, but isn't, so he obviously falsified some documents to get a big job.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ASUHATER! wrote: 5k a month in the nice part of San Francisco is insane.
yawn - you've obviously dont know jack shit about this either, just spurt off your fucking opinion as fact like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

5k in Atherton, Hillsborough, or Menlo Park not to mention Pacific Heights, Potrero Hills, Presidio Heights, West of Twin Peaks, or Seacliff is NOT insane at all, in fact its on the lower end of the spectrum...but, per usual, you speak to which you have no fucking clue.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Jay Bilas retweeted the article. I guess that's......something.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

azgreg wrote:Jay Bilas retweeted the article. I guess that's......something.
Mark Titus is tweeting about it... seems to be picking up steam, although I don't see anyone doing the obvious: "How did this family go from $1,000 a month rent to $5,000 a month with an Escalade and a G-Wagon? They were getting paid for Zion to play at Duke."
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

97cats wrote:
yawn - you've obviously dont know jack shit about this either, just spurt off your fucking opinion as fact like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

5k in Atherton, Hillsborough, or Menlo Park not to mention Pacific Heights, Potrero Hills, Presidio Heights, West of Twin Peaks, or Seacliff is NOT insane at all, in fact its on the lower end of the spectrum...but, per usual, you speak to which you have no fucking clue.
Literally a 30 second Zillow search proved me right so uhh.

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Chicat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

Five times. Arizona beat Duke & Coach K five times. 5-3 record lifetime. :lol:
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Jay is an attorney. He is fully aware that there is legitimacy to this lawsuit. He is a Duke homer first and foremost, but he also knows that college basketball is dirty, and he has to know deep down that Coach K successfully competing for one-and-dones comes with with a price.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Mark Titus is tweeting about it... seems to be picking up steam, although I don't see anyone doing the obvious: "How did this family go from $1,000 a month rent to $5,000 a month with an Escalade and a G-Wagon? They were getting paid for Zion to play at Duke."
A new G-wagon goes for $125K. An new Escalade goes for $75K.

And everyone is raising a fit because Book Richardson pocketed $15K and never paid a player.

This is so damn comical.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

zonagrad wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:

And everyone is raising a fit because Book Richardson pocketed $15K and never paid a player.

This is so damn comical.
Like, explain to me how someone goes from $1k a month in rent to $5k/mo in rent and $2k/mo in car payments when the only thing that changed in their life is their son committed to Duke. It is comical - to the point of being absurd.

This is the Reggie Bush deal all over again - but worse! Instead of just accepting money from agents, this is a gift from a booster, presuming that they didn't actually pay the rent on that house.
mofo

Post by mofo »

zonagrad wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:

This is so damn comical.
I'm not sure what our players are driving now, but they had some pretty nice rides when I was in school ('96-'00). Of course, they could have all come from affluent families... Bibby had the worst one of the bunch though!
Last edited by mofo on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:

Literally a 30 second Zillow search proved me right so uhh.
And a quick zillow search by myself proved you wrong and 97 correct, unless you are looking for less than 3 bedrooms. Numbers are cool.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Seeing as how I am in the Bay Area and can attest personally to the high cost of rent in this area, ASUHATER you are wrong. Especially if the picture of the house they rented is accurate.

In Danville/Alamo/Pleasanton/Lafayette/orinda a 4bedroom 2000 sf SFH will run $4,200 - $4,800 depending on location and/or appointments. Anything approaching 2500-3000 sf is well over $5,000. The other area's mentioned by 97 are very likley higher as homes on the peninsula tend to be about 30-40% higher PSF. San Francisco proper would be hard to compare as you would be comparing a 1000 sf 2 bedroom apartment to what looks like a 2500-3000sf SFH.

Anyway, go back to being you Asuhater.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

baycat93 wrote:Seeing as how I am in the Bay Area and can attest personally to the high cost of rent in this area, ASUHATER you are wrong. Especially if the picture of the house they rented is accurate.

In Danville/Alamo/Pleasanton/Lafayette/orinda a 4bedroom 2000 sf SFH will run $4,200 - $4,800 depending on location and/or appointments. Anything approaching 2500-3000 sf is well over $5,000. The other area's mentioned by 97 are very likley higher as homes on the peninsula tend to be about 30-40% higher PSF. San Francisco proper would be hard to compare as you would be comparing a 1000 sf 2 bedroom apartment to what looks like a 2500-3000sf SFH.

30 second Zillow search. I'm not being anything. It's like arguing with people that insist the sun sets in the east.

prh

Post by prh »

What are the criteria on this 30 second search?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

ASUHATER! wrote:
baycat93 wrote:Seeing as how I am in the Bay Area and can attest personally to the high cost of rent in this area, ASUHATER you are wrong. Especially if the picture of the house they rented is accurate.

30 second Zillow search. I'm not being anything. It's like arguing with people that insist the sun sets in the east.
LOL your argument is the equivalent of saying Porsche's are cheaper than Hyundai's because the cheapest model Porsche offers costs less than the most expensive model Hyundai offers. You are likely looking at rents for 1 bedroom apartments or studio's just to make an argument, but you are right its other people...
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

A quick 30 second zillow search shows very few homes or townhomes available for rent under 5k a month in the City of San Francisco.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
eoe

Post by eoe »

No one gives a damn guys, jesus

Acting like barbarians over housing costs :roll:

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/zion ... duke-nike/" target="_blank
Does Anyone Actually Care If/What Duke or Nike Paid Zion Williamson’s Family?

Umm, considering numerous programs are being raked over the coals with significantly less evidence, yes many people care. Millions are at stake for multiple athletic departments and schools.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

eoe wrote:https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/zion ... duke-nike/
Does Anyone Actually Care If/What Duke or Nike Paid Zion Williamson’s Family?

Umm, considering numerous programs are being raked over the coals with significantly less evidence, yes many people care. Millions are at stake for multiple athletic departments and schools.
So shady people getting bribes to help steer kids to agents is the end of college basketball as we know it, but no one should care if Zion got paid to attend Duke? Really?? That's the angle here?

This is mind boggling to me. One story is about an unfair competitive advantage skewing the results on the floor while the other is about stupid people trying to make dirty money off of other stupid people. I get why you should care about the latter, but if you're going to pretend these kids are amateurs, you should care way more about the former.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

prh wrote:What are the criteria on this 30 second search?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is that the Unabomber's shack?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Is that the Unabomber's shack?
It's a quaint $3,500 a month bay area bungalow. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is much bigger inside. Think of Dr Who's TARDIS.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Whenever I send news of Coach K's dirty dealings to my anti-Miller AZ alum friends, the normal response is, "Yeah, but K has won a bunch of national titles." So the logic runs thus: sure other programs cheat, but they win titles so it's ok.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote:
prh wrote:What are the criteria on this 30 second search?
and you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Marky Mark at it too if anyone dares to click. Currently the 2nd link on the right on the NCAAM page. Should be buried by tomorrow

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ments-duke" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat wrote:and you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
Some of the classic shotgun architecture is pretty cool.

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I used to see PJC in a little Toyota.
Ayton had a hover board.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Whenever I send news of Coach K's dirty dealings to my anti-Miller AZ alum friends, the normal response is, "Yeah, but K has won a bunch of national titles." So the logic runs thus: sure other programs cheat, but they win titles so it's ok.
I'm not sure that it makes everything ok. It just a lot easier to defend a program when you are winning and like it or not, Coach K has won a lot. Miller has had some good teams, but recently our teams have underachieved in the tournament.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:Is that the Unabomber's shack?
It's a quaint $3,500 a month bay area bungalow. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is much bigger inside. Think of Dr Who's TARDIS.
ill take the over
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The Japanese can take a San Francisco Victorian house and turn it into a watch.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Thank you, Mr. White.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

All I want to say is that it is too bad my grandparents house in Marin (Corte Madera) was sold in 1993 and not today. It is a standard 3 br 2 ba 1960s ranch house that even completely gutted and remodeled in Tucson would sell for 400k or so max. It currently is worth 1.3 million. That neighborhood was solidly middle class in the 60s and 70s and my grandma didn't work and my grandpa worked in traveling tool and part sales.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Anyone with a little time who wants a good laugh should go through DickieV's Twitter thread on the Duke/Zion situation