Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

KaibabKat

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Post by KaibabKat »

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... n-hopefuls

Hollis-Jefferson leads list of small forward All-American hopefuls

1. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Arizona | 6-foot-7, 215 pounds | Sophomore | 9.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg

If Hollis-Jefferson had established himself as a reliable shooter, he would not be on top of this list. He’d be on the NBA early entry list, waiting for his name to be called in the draft. He’s got the rest of the package: athletic, competitive, energetic, selfless, tough, aggressive. He excels at attacking the rim and the offensive glass; few players his size are better at finishing near the basket. He is not only a willing defender, he is terrific.

And he performs under pressure: In the NCAA Tournament, Hollis-Jefferson averaged 14 points on fewer than seven shots per game. Arizona lost a lot when Aaron Gordon chose to enter the draft, as expected, after an excellent freshman year. But Hollis-Jefferson gained an opportunity, and he will take great advantage.
Olsondogg

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Post by Olsondogg »

Excited for RHJ this year.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Olsondogg wrote:Excited for RHJ this year.
F*ck off, Poser! I mean Poseur!
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

KaibabKat wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... n-hopefuls

Hollis-Jefferson leads list of small forward All-American hopefuls

1. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Arizona | 6-foot-7, 215 pounds | Sophomore | 9.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg

If Hollis-Jefferson had established himself as a reliable shooter, he would not be on top of this list. He’d be on the NBA early entry list, waiting for his name to be called in the draft. He’s got the rest of the package: athletic, competitive, energetic, selfless, tough, aggressive. He excels at attacking the rim and the offensive glass; few players his size are better at finishing near the basket. He is not only a willing defender, he is terrific.

And he performs under pressure: In the NCAA Tournament, Hollis-Jefferson averaged 14 points on fewer than seven shots per game. Arizona lost a lot when Aaron Gordon chose to enter the draft, as expected, after an excellent freshman year. But Hollis-Jefferson gained an opportunity, and he will take great advantage.

That's a very impressive list that Rondae tops. Hope the hype doesn't distract him from developing an outside shot and becoming the complete player he is capable of being.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Rondae was better offensively than I expected. He should really excel this year.
Right where I want to be.
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

I didn't think I could like this year's team as much as last year's group but I am getting really pumped(like Hans and Franz) and think this could be the team I remember for a long time, like the 2003 team or, quiet now, the 2005 team.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Or? Come on .... say it.
Right where I want to be.
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

Ok, 1997. I thought that went without saying though.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Starting to feel more and more he is gonna have a crazy good season.