Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:40 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:39 am
DrWildcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 am I don't believe the NCAA kicks anyone off your team, but I think if you take a guy and then lose a scholarship you would then need 2 guys to leave for you to add 1 the following year. So maybe it limits your options for the following year?

In the end, if you can't get someone who you think will contribute then I don't see the benefit of just adding another guy anyway.
I'm not sure it's ever an issue. Aiken and Kier are for sure gone next year. Mathurin and Tubelis probably are gone. If Tubelis goes, you'd expect his brother to go as well.

So we could sign a 5 man class without changing our scholarship #. That doesn't even factor in transfers, and transferring is easier than it's ever been.

So, I'm somewhat of the mind you never really worry too much about having spots. That works itself out. Leaving a spot open because we didn't find someone we like...is a double edged sword. Yes, it can be better than someone who isn't a fit. But, it is also on the coach to find fits, and lord knows, there were enough people in the portal.
Aiken has two years of eligibility remaining.
Interesting. My fault, I based it off seeing him having played 3 full seasons at EWU on basketball reference.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

DrWildcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 am I don't believe the NCAA kicks anyone off your team, but I think if you take a guy and then lose a scholarship you would then need 2 guys to leave for you to add 1 the following year. So maybe it limits your options for the following year?

In the end, if you can't get someone who you think will contribute then I don't see the benefit of just adding another guy anyway.
I'm not sure it's ever an issue. Aiken and Kier are for sure gone next year. Mathurin and Tubelis probably are gone. If Tubelis goes, you'd expect his brother to go as well.

So we could sign a 5 man class without changing our scholarship #. That doesn't even factor in transfers, and transferring is easier than it's ever been.

So, I'm somewhat of the mind you never really worry too much about having spots. That works itself out. Leaving a spot open because we didn't find someone we like...is a double edged sword. Yes, it can be better than someone who isn't a fit. But, it is also on the coach to find fits, and lord knows, there were enough people in the portal.
I know it usually works itself out in the end, but I'm just saying that this could be the rational for not taking someone. It seems like our roster is pretty set next year in terms of playing time and I don't believe there are any immediate impact transfers out there at the moment that we are on. So that leaves us with taking a multi-year project type transfer or a mediocre HS recruit? I don't see how that is helpful, necessary or worth the time when they will ultimately transfer because they didn't play.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Tommy sitting on his hands during this years transfer portalpalooza I think is going to end up biting him in the butt. Chris Beard added 5 or 6 guys who could probably start for Arizona in his new job. I realize he has a much longer track record, but the point remains. There was a TON out there and from the outside it appeared Tommy gave little, to no effort on some real game changers.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

DrWildcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:01 am

I know it usually works itself out in the end, but I'm just saying that this could be the rational for not taking someone. It seems like our roster is pretty set next year in terms of playing time and I don't believe there are any immediate impact transfers out there at the moment that we are on. So that leaves us with taking a multi-year project type transfer or a mediocre HS recruit? I don't see how that is helpful, necessary or worth the time when they will ultimately transfer because they didn't play.
Yeah, I mean I get the rationale...just that you'd think in a historically unprecedented year for player in the portal, it's a little disappointing Lloyd wasn't in on someone who'd change that narrative.

On the multi-year project...that's why I continue to not understand Lloyd going in on Ballo immediately. Koloko is a multiyear true C who needs development. Snatching Ballo (at a point we still had Jordan Brown) was always odd to me. Ballo is a project with no positional flexibility. He seems like the type of player you speak of settling for.

And for clarity, I post that about Ballo a lot, but I'm not trying to hate. My main thing is how closely he duplicates Koloko in being a C with no positional flexibility needing seasoning. I have no issue with either Ballo or Koloko, and both are additions. I just don't really get having two developmental guys who can't play anything but C on the same roster.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:53 pm
Postmaster wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:28 pm The rube on 1490 just espoused a theory that AZ will leave one scholly open in case the ncaa imposes a reduction this year.
Justin Spears?
Yes

Well, it could have been Ali.
Last edited by Postmaster on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Also, wouldn’t you want to give a walk on a scholarship?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:51 am Also, wouldn’t you want to give a walk on a scholarship?
Do scholarships mean much anymore? Couldn't we sign the top player in the land and not offer a scholarship and let them get a sponsor to pay for their likeliness, thus they pay for their own tuition, room, and board? Just wondering...
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MountainCat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:58 am
Postmaster wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:51 am Also, wouldn’t you want to give a walk on a scholarship?
Do scholarships mean much anymore? Couldn't we sign the top player in the land and not offer a scholarship and let them get a sponsor to pay for their likeliness, thus they pay for their own tuition, room, and board? Just wondering...
Well, with NLI, we could give them a scholarship, then they get 500k endorsements on top of that.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

As long as we get to present our own evidence and argument, this should help us.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So the so-called “independent” investigatory body is not going to actually investigate but just accept whatever the NCAA found?

Not sure how that’s good for us at all. Am I reading that wrong?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:20 am So the so-called “independent” investigatory body is not going to actually investigate but just accept whatever the NCAA found?

They're not going to conduct investigation beyond what the NCAA did. The good part is that means, no new info or allegations. It's whether they agree with the NCAA's findings or not, but they aren't going to be developing any evidence the NCAA didn't already have.

Our argument was always the NCAA went too far on some allegations. It does not seem like this curtails our ability to argue shortcomings in the NCAA's quantum of evidence or present information of our own. That's why I like it.

Basically, the max they could find is the NCAA's allegations, but we can argue for less. This eliminates any chance the IARP could find new violations or better evidence of NCAA alleged violations.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:37 am
Chicat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:20 am So the so-called “independent” investigatory body is not going to actually investigate but just accept whatever the NCAA found?

They're not going to conduct investigation beyond what the NCAA did. The good part is that means, no new info or allegations. It's whether they agree with the NCAA's findings or not, but they aren't going to be developing any evidence the NCAA didn't already have.

Our argument was always the NCAA went too far on some allegations. It does not seem like this curtails our ability to argue shortcomings in the NCAA's quantum of evidence or present information of our own. That's why I like it.

Basically, the max they could find is the NCAA's allegations, but we can argue for less. This eliminates any chance the IARP could find new violations or better evidence of NCAA alleged violations.
Good stuff Spiff.

I guess it was always too much to ask for the IARP to find evidence that the NCAA is a corrupt organization filled with assholes who don’t give a flying fuck about ruining programs and people’s lives over a few rumors and criminally irresponsible outside reporting.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The quicker this shit gets behind the program the better.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:18 am
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:37 am

Good stuff Spiff.

I guess it was always too much to ask for the IARP to find evidence that the NCAA is a corrupt organization filled with assholes who don’t give a flying fuck about ruining programs and people’s lives over a few rumors and criminally irresponsible outside reporting.
I mean, it may not be a benefit because we still have to argue over the NCAA's findings. It does mean the IARP's findings and evidence can't be worse or broader than the NOA. So either the NCAA proves the NOA or we can convince the IARP some of the NOA charges lack merit.

The positive is we don't have to worry the IARP could find evidence or a violation the NCAA missed. The NCAA isn't super competent, so I'd always worried a little about that potential.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

My fear is that our athletic department just allows some allegations to be accepted to prove the coaching change was necessary. Will Sean Miller be able to have his own lawyer argue the merits of any charge against him?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TheCat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:28 am My fear is that our athletic department just allows some allegations to be accepted to prove the coaching change was necessary. Will Sean Miller be able to have his own lawyer argue the merits of any charge against him?
I mean, it would be disaster because the penalties would all be assessed vs the program. Maybe Miller gets a show cause, but if he goes NBA, so what?

Inviting sanctions on the program would ultimately be idiotic and short sighted because they hamper Lloyd more than they help anything.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

TheCat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:28 am My fear is that our athletic department just allows some allegations to be accepted to prove the coaching change was necessary. Will Sean Miller be able to have his own lawyer argue the merits of any charge against him?
The worst allegations are the academic allegations against Book and Phelps, which both seem meritless (given the FBI provided no evidence or allegations regarding the supposed bribery of a high school official by Book, and given the pushback by Phelps and his subsequent non-firing, respectively). But they could be substantiated by evidence we haven’t heard of or seen. Would surprise me, obviously, and like Spiff said: they can’t go digging up new evidence.

While those allegations aren’t directed at Miller, in a way those allegations make him look bad (his guys, lack of control) - so sure, maybe the school doesn’t care to defend any of the coaches here. But the IARP is going to make a decision based on the evidence supporting those allegations more so than our arguments against them.

And I guess lastly, the school isn’t going to want any of the allegations to be true - to keep its own record and media narrative clean(er), as well as to not hang a millstone on their newly hired head coach.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Idiotic and short-sighted?

Sounds like just the job for Booby Bobbins and Reek Heeke.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:13 am
The worst allegations are the academic allegations against Book and Phelps, which both seem meritless (given the FBI provided no evidence or allegations regarding the supposed bribery of a high school official by Book, and given the pushback by Phelps and his subsequent non-firing, respectively). But they could be substantiated by evidence we haven’t heard of or seen. Would surprise me, obviously, and like Spiff said: they can’t go digging up new evidence.

While those allegations aren’t directed at Miller, in a way those allegations make him look bad (his guys, lack of control) - so sure, maybe the school doesn’t care to defend any of the coaches here. But the IARP is going to make a decision based on the evidence supporting those allegations more so than our arguments against them.

And I guess lastly, the school isn’t going to want any of the allegations to be true - to keep its own record and media narrative clean(er), as well as to not hang a millstone on their newly hired head coach.
The bolded is the big part. Those are the most damning violations that could separate us from a slap on the wrist (i.e., not even a postseason ban) like some other programs got.

Does the NCAA have evidence? Is it good evidence? Can Arizona counter that evidence? Those are the questions I think will ultimately dictate our punishment with the IARP board.

We will obviously get something. Right now, we could get a one year tourney ban without a future impact due to the self-sanction. Probation is nothing except a time in which you need to not get caught again. A scholarship or two would not be unexpected or crippling. If it winds up being that, it should be reasonable.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Three of the four allegations against the Basketball Program are minor, and we took action to correct and self-punish. The $500 Pinder took was repaid, and he sat out games. The academic issues resulted in Phelps being fired and we still don't know exactly what happened. And one player in question, Shareef O'Neal, was eligible from day one at UCLA, and is now enrolled at LSU. O'Neal only redshirted because of a medical issue, and let's hope he's 100% healthy now and can play.

That leaves the Book bribery money. Which is serious, but again, the program self-punished with a one-year postseason ban, and let Book and Miller go. With no ability to do any more research, and the UArizona with the opportunity to present our side, it's hard to see the IARP give us any additional penalties beyond a reduction of a scholarship or two. The NCAA will complain about Arizona now being forthcoming with the report we received from the independent law firm, but we'll come back with attorney-client privilege. And with a couple of lawyers on the IARP, that should suffice.

I wished we had retained Miller, and if he is penalized, I doubt it's more than a year or two. And Miller will be OK, as I'm sure there are NBA staffs who would love Miller has an assistant. Not a bad way to serve any penalty, and then after any show cause is over, there will be plenty of teams willing to take Miller on as a high reward kind of coach.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Serious question: is it possible we'll be punished for things now permissible under NIL rules?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I'm not sure there is anything in the complaint that is now ok under the nil?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:58 pm Serious question: is it possible we'll be punished for things now permissible under NIL rules?
Most of our stuff isn't. There's still probably a prohibition on coaches, so the $500 to Pinder doesn't help.

The academic stuff, the needle does not move. That's what most of it is. Book taking a bribe, also not much of anything.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

We were not charged with paying players so I don’t see NIL being a factor.
I don’t see the Pinder issue as paying player.

Can the school claim attorney client privilege?
The client can release any info they want, it’s the attorney that can’t. Right?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:57 am
DrWildcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:01 am

Yeah, I mean I get the rationale...just that you'd think in a historically unprecedented year for player in the portal, it's a little disappointing Lloyd wasn't in on someone who'd change that narrative.

On the multi-year project...that's why I continue to not understand Lloyd going in on Ballo immediately. Koloko is a multiyear true C who needs development. Snatching Ballo (at a point we still had Jordan Brown) was always odd to me. Ballo is a project with no positional flexibility. He seems like the type of player you speak of settling for.

And for clarity, I post that about Ballo a lot, but I'm not trying to hate. My main thing is how closely he duplicates Koloko in being a C with no positional flexibility needing seasoning. I have no issue with either Ballo or Koloko, and both are additions. I just don't really get having two developmental guys who can't play anything but C on the same roster.
The Ballo thing reminds me of Miller bringing Kyryl in when he took the job.
mofo

Post by mofo »

I guess I was under the impression that even if the IARP dug up additional and/or more severe violations, they couldn't be added to the NOA at this point anyway, sorta like double jeopardy, so my first reaction was like Chi's. Not sure if I heard that somewhere or imagined that. Granted, even if this was the case they could use that info as reason not to back down on any current allegations in the NOA and use the most severe penalty. I was kinda hoping they'd dig up some fraud or at minimum find the NCAA was reaching in their NOA, but I agree at this point the sooner it's over the better and if that meant it drug on for 2 more years then that just hurts us.

Also, does anyone feel the IARP has any incentive to side with AZ rather than the NCAA even if some of the allegations are unsubstantiated? Who pays for the IARP and how "independent" are they really? This will be interesting to see how things shake out, but my sense is the IARP is going to allow the NCAA to waive a big middle finger to everyone and say "We told you so". I hope I'm wrong.

Side note - why do I get the feeling Miller will end up in the ACC or SEC at some point and ESPN is going to slobber all over him...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

mofo wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:28 am I guess I was under the impression that even if the IARP dug up additional and/or more severe violations, they couldn't be added to the NOA at this point anyway, sorta like double jeopardy, so my first reaction was like Chi's. Not sure if I heard that somewhere or imagined that. Granted, even if this was the case they could use that info as reason not to back down on any current allegations in the NOA and use the most severe penalty. I was kinda hoping they'd dig up some fraud or at minimum find the NCAA was reaching in their NOA, but I agree at this point the sooner it's over the better and if that meant it drug on for 2 more years then that just hurts us.

Also, does anyone feel the IARP has any incentive to side with AZ rather than the NCAA even if some of the allegations are unsubstantiated? Who pays for the IARP and how "independent" are they really? This will be interesting to see how things shake out, but my sense is the IARP is going to allow the NCAA to waive a big middle finger to everyone and say "We told you so". I hope I'm wrong.

Side note - why do I get the feeling Miller will end up in the ACC or SEC at some point and ESPN is going to slobber all over him...
So this is all theoretical. The IARP investigation is going away because it has never actually resulted in finding anything.

They did, bare minimum, have the chance to gather more evidence to prove the NCAA's allegations. I'm not sure they could have added allegations based on uncovering new violations, but I don't think that matters.

NCAA punishment has a matrix with a range of punitive consequences. The reason it sucks in part is because the ranges are ridiculously broad. You can be in the same range and get a wrist slap to program crippling sanctions.

So, if the IARP found new violations, even if they didn't formally add them, they could simply punish us at the top end of the range and it would be the same effect.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

https://www.si.com/college/usc/basketba ... -sanctions

We can only hope (and maybe pray) that our sanctions are as minor. Unfortunately, Book shot his mouth off on tape about forging HS transcripts (Alkins)
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dmjcat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:57 pm https://www.si.com/college/usc/basketba ... -sanctions

We can only hope (and maybe pray) that our sanctions are as minor. Unfortunately, Book shot his mouth off on tape about forging HS transcripts (Alkins)
Good news for us. That is the sort of precedent the IARP says they will use and we already self-sanctioned worse than SC got.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

dmjcat wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:57 pm https://www.si.com/college/usc/basketba ... -sanctions

This is from April - we've known that USC got off extremely light this time around. They got the lower end of the punishment bc of their "compliance" which has to be the most dogshit of mitigating circumstances in that it's entirely subjective. OSU and GaTech were equally compliant and got the book thrown at them (GaTech went on to win an appeal, after some damage done, and OSU is still in appeals).

Really wild that they had two players lose amateur eligibility due to coaches actions, have a sanctioned history of the same within the last 20 years, and just got off with probation. Their coach (Bland) was as bad an actor as Book, same "take a bribe meant to pay kids to use the inexperienced financial advisor." Somehow Bland came out without jail time and USC gets off with probation.

Book (and Miller) deserved a better defense.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Was Enfield the coach at the time of violations?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Postmaster wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:48 pm Was Enfield the coach at the time of violations?
SURE WAS, POST

No stories on him being a dirtbag? No firing or discipline by the admin? WEIRD - almost like this isn't USC's first rodeo and they know how to control the narrative on this stuff.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I thought I would put this here. Looks like Dukie Vitale is retiring after this year.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:03 am I thought I would put this here. Looks like Dukie Vitale is retiring after this year.
He's going to spend the rest of his life following around Coach K, shooting facebook live videos with his thumb covering half the phone's camera
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

He's retiring and officially becoming Coach K's pool boy.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Irish27 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:03 am I thought I would put this here. Looks like Dukie Vitale is retiring after this year.
20 years too late.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

azgreg wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:48 am
20 years too late.
:lol:

Dirtbag Dickie :P
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

He will retire, take out his fake eyeball and have Coach K face-fuck him.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Oh my gosh, I thought the coach k farewell tour was gonna be unbearable, now we have to listen people gush over Dickie v too?

In my head I hear in the Tate Frazier smarmy coach k voice...

"What are you doing Dick, you were supposed to leading my ESPN parade of 31 games at Cameron indoor this year, now you're going to be taking part of the stage for your own tour!!!!"

"Hey baby!!! Don't worry there'll be lots of time for me to talk about you, now that Sean Miller is gone and Arizona is gonna be irrelevant, I'll have at least 20 more minutes a game to talk about how great you are and how clean your program is!!! I'll even bring Bilas along to legally anallify all my ridiculous claims. It's a match made in heaven baby!!!!!! "

Nick Saban in the background...

"Thank God these two dolts are almost gone and then we can focus on a real sport in a real region of the country that matters. Now I just have to figure out how we can expand the playoffs to 24 teams and have the top 2 teams get 4 byes and then football season can last until that sham of a tournament with that round ball is half over.
Who's ever heard of a round ball, what is that? No real sport plays with a round ball, it defies the laws of nature!!!!"
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/220 ... llegations
10/1/21 - NCAA accuses Louisville, Mack of additional allegations

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The NCAA has amended its Notice of Allegations against Louisville, adding additional violations committed by the men’s basketball program that include impermissible activities and accusations coach Chris Mack did not promote an atmosphere for compliance.

Already under review by the Independent Resolution Panel (IRP) for violations related to a college basketball corruption case detailed in a May 2020 NOA, the school received the amendment on Thursday from the governing body’s Complex Case Unit.

The NCAA alleges Louisville:

— Allowed graduate assistants, managers and noncoaching staffers to conduct impermissible activities with current players;

— Produced, showed and personalized recruiting videos to prospects including their names and likenesses;

— Presumed Mack responsible for both allegations. The amendment adds that Mack did not rebut presumption of responsibility.

Louisville said in a statement that it will respond to the amendment after a thorough review.

The latest development for a school that has endured a series of recent scandals comes after Louisville suspended Mack six games on Aug. 27 for failing to follow procedures handling an extortion attempt by former assistant Dino Gaudio after his dismissal last spring. That same day the ex-assistant received probation and a $10,000 fine following his guilty plea this summer to a federal charge of attempted extortion.

During a March 17 meeting with team personnel, Gaudio said he would expose alleged violations by the team “in its production of recruiting videos for prospective student-athletes and in the use of its graduate assistants in practices,” a federal charging document stated.

Gaudio had been told his contract would not be renewed and he threatened to go public with the allegations “unless he was paid a significant sum of money,” the document said. Authorities said Gaudio demanded 17 months’ salary or a lump sum payment.

Though the school acknowledged Mack was the victim of an extortion attempt, athletic director Vince Tyra said the fourth-year coach “failed to follow university guidelines, policies and procedures in handling the matter.”

Mack accepted the suspension and said he “could have handled matters differently.”
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So isn't that like 3 sets of violations in the last 5 years for them?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

He learned from the best.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

It appears that the UA is going to get an updated timeline from the IARP next monday

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/oct/ ... -case-now/

IARP spokesperson Amy Hanna told the Journal-World on Thursday that updates to the timelines for all six cases currently being reviewed by the IARP now will be published on Oct. 11.

On Thursday, Hanna said the new, slightly later date was chosen “in response to requests from NCAA member institutions for additional time to review their respective case timelines and prepare anticipated responses to inquiries.”
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

So the update is that we have a timeline for when the timelines will be provided. Cool.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

dmjcat wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:31 pm It appears that the UA is going to get an updated timeline from the IARP next monday

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/oct/ ... -case-now/

IARP spokesperson Amy Hanna told the Journal-World on Thursday that updates to the timelines for all six cases currently being reviewed by the IARP now will be published on Oct. 11.

On Thursday, Hanna said the new, slightly later date was chosen “in response to requests from NCAA member institutions for additional time to review their respective case timelines and prepare anticipated responses to inquiries.”
It'll be interesting to see if they provide decisions in the order that schools submitted into the IARP - where NC State and Kansas are well ahead of Arizona on that schedule. Both of those schools should get torn to pieces here, I mean they're dead to rights with substantial public evidence tying not only the assistant coach but the head coach to malfeasance, along with what looks like a culture of rule breaking and coverups within the program.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

The updated IARP timeline is out..........and it isn't particularly informative. The last entry states that they have submitted an amended notice of allegations.

https://iarpcc.org/referred-cases/unive ... f-arizona/
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

dmjcat wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:36 am The updated IARP timeline is out..........and it isn't particularly informative. The last entry states that they have submitted an amended notice of allegations.

https://iarpcc.org/referred-cases/unive ... f-arizona/
This is going to take for-fucking-ever still. NC State was the first to enter the IARP process, they received their revised notice of allegations on 2/01/21 (more than 8 months ago)... which we just received. And they do not yet have a resolution.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Seriously, I'm kind of happy they are taking as long as they are.

I would hate for them to roll out a verdict on like October 31 with a two year post season ban and have half the team enter the transfer portal immediately because it will affect this year's team.

That would just be gut wrenching. I'm not sure when the latest it is that their ruling could affect this year but I was thinking I had heard that if the punishment is not handed out pre season that this years team is safe.
-Norlander.