Tommy Lloyd

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Tommy Lloyd

Post by Merkin »

YoDeFoe wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:54 pm
TheCat wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:49 am Where I think this style and success is going to really benefit us is in the portal next year. Some D1 sharpshooter is saying "the way those guys play I could easily get 20 a game from deep". They celebrate success and are serious about development and winning.
I think it's likely we take one from the portal and I think the above is likely as well - Tommy should get the pick of the litter with his style of play, how this team is performing, and how "together" this young group already feels.
When is the portal going away? Is this the last season for free transfers?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:34 pm Pending on what goes down with Boswell, don’t be surprised to see Bal fill the Kier role next year.
Yeah that's my biggest offseason question mark - does Bal elevate his game and mature to where he can be productive next season?

I know the staff and some analysts have gushed over his potential... but of course we haven't seen a whole lot on the court from him this season. And yeah, he's obviously in a difficult spot to come in with good rhythm and make an impact as a non-rotation player.

If he's able to step up... well I still would want a combo guard or a shooter on the wing.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Merkin wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:48 pm
TheCat wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:49 am Where I think this style and success is going to really benefit us is in the portal next year. Some D1 sharpshooter is saying "the way those guys play I could easily get 20 a game from deep". They celebrate success and are serious about development and winning.
I think it's likely we take one from the portal and I think the above is likely as well - Tommy should get the pick of the litter with his style of play, how this team is performing, and how "together" this young group already feels.
When is the portal going away? Is this the last season for free transfers?
It's here to stay dude. Wild times.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

YoDeFoe wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:51 pm
ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:34 pm Pending on what goes down with Boswell, don’t be surprised to see Bal fill the Kier role next year.
Yeah that's my biggest offseason question mark - does Bal elevate his game and mature to where he can be productive next season?

I know the staff and some analysts have gushed over his potential... but of course we haven't seen a whole lot on the court from him this season. And yeah, he's obviously in a difficult spot to come in with good rhythm and make an impact as a non-rotation player.

If he's able to step up... well I still would want a combo guard or a shooter on the wing.
This is a developmental staff. Bal is going to play plenty next year, count on it. Nowell I’m not sure of though.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

so i learned he cant walk on water - toe stub might of been timed exactly perfect for Lloyd
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

How the hell did Robbins stumble on to the fucking perfect hire?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:32 pm How the hell did Robbins stumble on to the fucking perfect hire?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Fuck Robbins and the ABOR he rode in on. Tommy Lloyd would be the first to say he owes a little something to some badass motherfuckers.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

YoDeFoe wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:08 pm
goslingswagg wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:30 pm
feels most likely to be a wing right? unless we don't land the euro big
Certainly not a big unless Zu leaves for some crazy reason. Even if we lose Koloko (which I think we ought to, given he has a chance to go in the first this draft and will likely be seen as too old in the following at 23)... even if we lose Koloko, there's still Ballo and Anderson and the Euro.

On the wing we'd still have Pelle and Terry plus Bal and Nowell if they can step up next season.

I'd say a combo guard would be most important - a guy who can play the one or the two and can shoot and create for others. We're for sure losing Kier to graduation and we have no backup PG coming in right now to replace those minutes. I don't see enough out of the Bal/Nowell combo to slot them in there. Maybe we get a reclass of Boswell to take those minutes but that's a lot to ask of a 17 year old even if he does. So I'd like to see a back-up PG. I think Pelle and Terry and Kerr and Zu and one of Koloko or Ballo or Euro are clear starters so grabbing a guy who wants to start is probably not the answer. So yeah: back-up combo guard / PG would be my pick.
yeah true, I was running with the assumption Boswell reclasses (which seems likely at this point?). If that happens, and he is ready to play 10-15 mins per game in something similar to the Kier role, there’s really not much we need. But I do think a wing to backfill some of Pelle’s minutes (who presumably will move to a starter-esque role with Mathurin gone) would be the only remaining need, unless we feel very confident that Bal can take that on.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:20 pm

This is a developmental staff. Bal is going to play plenty next year, count on it. Nowell I’m not sure of though.
if we’re big believers in Bal, it’s pretty hard to see Nowell having much of a role at all next year barring an unexpected mass exodus (e.g., Terry, Tubelis, Koloko go pro, in addition to Mathurin, and we’re left with not many returning minutes).
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

100% on both of those
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:32 pm How the hell did Robbins stumble on to the fucking perfect hire?
A good as CTL has done I think I’m more surprised that the football team appears to be all in on CJF.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

97cats wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:19 pm so i learned he cant walk on water
Are you talking about the loss or his potty mouth
97cats

Post by 97cats »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:11 am
97cats wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:19 pm so i learned he cant walk on water
Are you talking about the loss or his potty mouth
if he won out i was going to have to consider some alternate explanation
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Given the strong skepticism, not to mention outright disrespect, on these boards over the choice to replace CTM with CTL (and, even worse for FB coach hire), at the time, I believe that one must allow for reconsideration of both Robbins' and Heeke's performances there. Some actual credit is due - they took risks, were questioned, and have prevailed.

Now, I cannot say or add one single thing about Robbins' overall performance as president, and do pay attention to faculty/staff opinions shared here.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

pc in NM wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:38 am Given the strong skepticism, not to mention outright disrespect, on these boards over the choice to replace CTM with CTL (and, even worse for FB coach hire), at the time, I believe that one must allow for reconsideration of both Robbins' and Heeke's performances there. Some actual credit is due - they took risks, were questioned, and have prevailed.

Now, I cannot say or add one single thing about Robbins' overall performance as president, and do pay attention to faculty/staff opinions shared here.
Too soon to tell on Fisch. Obviously a great recruiter, has to translate to between the lines.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:38 am Given the strong skepticism, not to mention outright disrespect, on these boards over the choice to replace CTM with CTL (and, even worse for FB coach hire), at the time, I believe that one must allow for reconsideration of both Robbins' and Heeke's performances there. Some actual credit is due - they took risks, were questioned, and have prevailed.
Counterpoint: No
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

Chicat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:56 am
Counterpoint: No
Wholeheartedly agree. Like Spiff has said in previous posts, the way the administration went about the hire was about as low and unprofessional as anyone could imagine. As I recall, they were scrambling for personnel to fill the position after their initial game plan blew up in their face. CTL was available and ready for the next jump, and it turned out well (so far). There was no master level strategy or gamesmanship behind this move, they were just incredibly fortunate that Lloyd happened to be the right guy. Hey, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Fisch might be the biggest get in terms of level of expectation versus his actual performance. Resurrecting a moribund program ain't easy, and they have us on pace to get us in the upper tier of the Pac 12. ASU has Herm Edwards, Brian Billick and Marvin Lewis, all former NFL coaches while Fisch was a longtime assistant coach. And yet, he is recruiting circles around them. If he does indeed turn out to be the guy we need, it will be because they rolled the dice and it worked out, not because they have any inside knowledge or experience that merited the hire in the first place.

When Lloyd was hired I said the only way he could impress me is if we beat Oregon, swept one of the LA schools and split the other and sweep ASU. He has done that and has done it in convincing fashion. He also has a good image and can coach, things we desperately needed. We were lucky when Lute came here and decided to finish his career here, lets hope for more of the same from Lloyd.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Don't forget the phrase "and then the UofA President got involved" came out of Bobby almost blowing the deal with CTL.

And they let Eric Musselman play them for a raise.

So thinking back, zero credit. Dumb luck.
-JB
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

goslingswagg wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:20 pm

if we’re big believers in Bal, it’s pretty hard to see Nowell having much of a role at all next year barring an unexpected mass exodus (e.g., Terry, Tubelis, Koloko go pro, in addition to Mathurin, and we’re left with not many returning minutes).
Bal really hasn't looked comfortable dribbling or moving with the basketball at all in the little time he's been out there.

This is concerning as he was supposed to be a big combo guard. Maybe it's just the garbage time play.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Certainly I am very glad about CTL. If the two bozos want a pat on the back then so be it. This program rolls on though. Much credit for CJF though. That one No one saw coming.

I kind of feel slimey though basking in our success while a guy who I think gave us his soul was done dirty and casted aside. I know he will emerge and do great things but I cringe every time a negative thing is said about him or if he is slighted In not receiving credit for much of this roster
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:28 ambut I cringe every time a negative thing is said about him or if he is slighted In not receiving credit for much of this roster
First, a lot of is what is perceived as saying a negative thing about Miller is just repeating what the players themselves are saying. Idk how people can get worked up about that.

Second, if they Miller him up they'll inevitably also bring up the FBI thing, they're married at the hip at this point fairly or unfairly.

It's a pick your poison thing, either he's not mentioned at all or the FBI case is brought up. I'm just glad when our games on on TV its all about basketball.

And lastly, if they bring up how they brought up how he put together this team it'll inevitably bring up his coaching ability/ability to coach up talent, again going back to the first point about the players saying all you need to hear.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Other than Koloko saying he likes more positive reinforcement, I guess I have missed some of the comments about CSM from the current players that can be construed as negative?

Those guys, other than Koloko were all freshman and their jump this year would be predictive due to maturity. Sure the scheme helps and that is credit to CTL. But these guys play with effort on both ends and part of that is CSM
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:26 am
goslingswagg wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:20 pm

Bal really hasn't looked comfortable dribbling or moving with the basketball at all in the little time he's been out there.

This is concerning as he was supposed to be a big combo guard. Maybe it's just the garbage time play.
I agree. Obviously Lloyd knows best, but relying on Bal to play real rotational minutes next year feels risky - he still will be the age of a typical freshman, and he hasn't given me the warm and fuzzies in his minutes so far that make me think he can backfill the majority of Larsson's 6th man minutes next year. Wouldn't mind a GT in that role to give Bal one more year of development.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

What have the players said that’s negative about Miller?

We have some actual quotes or is this a reporter describing how someone else described how a player might be feeling?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

C-Lo seemed to fond of CSM.

RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am Other than Koloko saying he likes more positive reinforcement, I guess I have missed some of the comments about CSM from the current players that can be construed as negative?
I wasn't even talking about that, but the players get asked constantly about the difference with Lloyd, and they all say similar things to what Benn says here in the first couple of secs
Usually broadcasters have similar convos with the players off air and then repeat what they were told on air, which people get mad at because they think it's a dig at Miller.

Maybe I should been more clear about that.
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:49 am
azcat49 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:28 ambut I cringe every time a negative thing is said about him or if he is slighted In not receiving credit for much of this roster
First, a lot of is what is perceived as saying a negative thing about Miller is just repeating what the players themselves are saying. Idk how people can get worked up about that.

Second, if they Miller him up they'll inevitably also bring up the FBI thing, they're married at the hip at this point fairly or unfairly.

It's a pick your poison thing, either he's not mentioned at all or the FBI case is brought up. I'm just glad when our games on on TV its all about basketball.

And lastly, if they bring up how they brought up how he put together this team it'll inevitably bring up his coaching ability/ability to coach up talent, again going back to the first point about the players saying all you need to hear.
You're way off on this dude, even though I like your Bear Down handle. Miller is quite good and efficient at coaching up players, albeit in a different manner than how CTL does it. I mean, before last season CSM had 5 Pac 12 FOY in 11 seasons. That's RIDICULOUS. Lute had the same amount in 20+ seasons.

You cant recruit and get guys that so called better coaches (like Few, Self, Roy, Scott Drew) can't get without being an incredible leader and communicator. People forget how monumental it was to get Nnaji. Everybody was negatively recruiting against us, and all of the blue bloods wanted him, and yet we got him. And he developed quickly under Miller and became a one and done. Nnaji still speaks fondly of UofA and his experience, so much so that his 5 star sister is a player next year as well. That doesn't happen if players secretly don't like you.

He was done wrong but likely will rebound when the time is right. But you can't say that he isn't a great culture builder and recruiter/developer.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

goslingswagg wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:01 am I agree. Obviously Lloyd knows best, but relying on Bal to play real rotational minutes next year feels risky - he still will be the age of a typical freshman, and he hasn't given me the warm and fuzzies in his minutes so far that make me think he can backfill the majority of Larsson's 6th man minutes next year. Wouldn't mind a GT in that role to give Bal one more year of development.
I can't see him having a ton of rotational minutes at guard or wing tbh, especially if Boswell reclassifies.

Larsson is going to play 2/3. Same as Terry if he returns. Kerr and Boswell (if) would get sole PG mins and combo guard mins.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

At the risk of repetition: Heeke does what Robbins directs him to do. At the expense of the players, Robbins and Heeke did a self-ban on the tourney last year to ensure Miller couldn't succeed, and then fired Miller without cause. Tommy Lloyd rightly credits Miller with this roster of "badass motherfuckers." And CTL has been awesome in re-recruiting, bringing in and developing Ballo, recruiting Kier and others, coaching up the team, leading the program to one of its best seasons ever, and now recruiting incoming freshmen. I'm not giving Robbins and Heeke one iota of credit for any of that. There was every reason to doubt this university president's involvement with one of the greatest basketball programs in the country and the hiring of a new coach. The success we're enjoying now is due to the value of the program, CSM's recruiting, the awesomeness of CTL, and a special group of badass motherfuckers.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

RawleArenas wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:17 am He was done wrong but likely will rebound when the time is right. But you can't say that he isn't a great culture builder and recruiter/developer.
Good thing I never said that

I think you're post is a good example of what I was saying above. You don't like when something is said about Miller that you perceive as a shot at him if it isn't overwhelming praise.
What I think you're mostly responding to is this. Look, these players skills and talents are maximized this year and that is very clear to see even for the basketball novice. It's very clear both collectively as a team and individually as players.

If someone notices that and points that out, well pointing that out isn't inherently a dig or swipe at Miller. Comparing play styles and systems isn't either. If a player says he's having more fun this year, or like playing with more freedom or not getting yelled at a ton, it also doesn't necessarily mean negative thing is said about him.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:15 am
azcat49 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am Other than Koloko saying he likes more positive reinforcement, I guess I have missed some of the comments about CSM from the current players that can be construed as negative?
I wasn't even talking about that, but the players get asked constantly about the difference with Lloyd, and they all say similar things to what Benn says here in the first couple of secs
Usually broadcasters have similar convos with the players off air and then repeat what they were told on air, which people get mad at because they think it's a dig at Miller.

Mathurin wasn’t asked what the difference is between playing for Lloyd and Miller in that clip. For all you know last year he might have said the same about Miller.

I honestly think you’re hearing what you want to hear there.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Chicat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:47 am Mathurin wasn’t asked what the difference is between playing for Lloyd and Miller in that clip. For all you know last year he might have said the same about Miller.

That's what I'm saying your guys are doing lol

If Bilas had repeated what Mathurin told him there on the air, you guys would've been mad like you all got mad when he repeated what Koloko had told him about getting yelled at.

Everyone got mad because they thought he was taking another shot at Miller, but he wasn't! I re-watched that several times and he was just repeating something Koloko had said off air.

Not everything said is an overarching dig at Miller. Just like that Koloko thing wasn't either.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

For the record when Koloko was asked about what this coaching staff does that is helping him he said something like "They just love me"

What he did not say

"unlike the previous staff"
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:41 am
RawleArenas wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:17 am He was done wrong but likely will rebound when the time is right. But you can't say that he isn't a great culture builder and recruiter/developer.
Good thing I never said that

I think you're post is a good example of what I was saying above. You don't like when something is said about Miller that you perceive as a shot at him if it isn't overwhelming praise.
What I think you're mostly responding to is this. Look, these players skills and talents are maximized this year and that is very clear to see even for the basketball novice. It's very clear both collectively as a team and individually as players.

If someone notices that and points that out, well pointing that out isn't inherently a dig or swipe at Miller. Comparing play styles and systems isn't either. If a player says he's having more fun this year, or like playing with more freedom or not getting yelled at a ton, it also doesn't necessarily mean negative thing is said about him.
I don't mind someone taking a shot at CSM, but it has to be fair and accurate. There are many things you can criticize him for, just not the lazy (not you, everyone else) ESPN laced diatribes you hear from everyone else.

When you talk about CTL and CSM you're really splitting hairs. When comparing the two, its not a matter of good or bad just better.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

RawleArenas wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:02 am I don't mind someone taking a shot at CSM, but it has to be fair and accurate. There are many things you can criticize him for, just not the lazy (not you, everyone else) ESPN laced diatribes you hear from everyone else.

When you talk about CTL and CSM you're really splitting hairs. When comparing the two, its not a matter of good or bad just better.
This, 100%.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:56 am
Chicat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:47 am Mathurin wasn’t asked what the difference is between playing for Lloyd and Miller in that clip. For all you know last year he might have said the same about Miller.

That's what I'm saying your guys are doing lol

If Bilas had repeated what Mathurin told him there on the air, you guys would've been mad like you all got mad when he repeated what Koloko had told him about getting yelled at.

Everyone got mad because they thought he was taking another shot at Miller, but he wasn't! I re-watched that several times and he was just repeating something Koloko had said off air.

Not everything said is an overarching dig at Miller. Just like that Koloko thing wasn't either.
Ok, then I misunderstood your initial post. My bad.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

CSM was the 3rd fastest to 400 wins. Better than Wooden behind Hec and Lute. Tommy has been great but let's see how he does over time. Let's also not pretend that CTL was left with the rebuilding job CSM was. Two different animals. CSM was dealt a bad hand by this admin.. All I know now is I enjoy the style of play and I think it will be a bonus in recruiting High School or portal players. That is big to me. But I can't say what our record would be with CSM and Akingo, Brown, Simpson ect. because they are not here. Would CSM have as good a record? Better?
.While I love what Fisch has done recruiting I also know he won 1 game against a covid limited team. He lost to NAU. If you are going to look at the hires this AD has made you need to throw in Soccer also which is at a decade low point. I think they just added an assistant VBall coach that looks promising. Lowe is much to early to tell and this year just lost her only experienced pitcher so all bets are off.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:24 am
goslingswagg wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:01 am I agree. Obviously Lloyd knows best, but relying on Bal to play real rotational minutes next year feels risky - he still will be the age of a typical freshman, and he hasn't given me the warm and fuzzies in his minutes so far that make me think he can backfill the majority of Larsson's 6th man minutes next year. Wouldn't mind a GT in that role to give Bal one more year of development.
I can't see him having a ton of rotational minutes at guard or wing tbh, especially if Boswell reclassifies.

Larsson is going to play 2/3. Same as Terry if he returns. Kerr and Boswell (if) would get sole PG mins and combo guard mins.
Boswell could replace Kier's minutes, Larsson can replace Benn's minutes, but then who replaces Larsson's 6th man minutes? That's where Choo is saying we would see Bal (in the mix with filling in those Kier minutes potentially).

I'm a big believer in the benefits of a season under a player's belt, a solid offseason of focused work, and a defined role... all combining to create a very nice sophomore bump that turns a player who, like Bal, looks lost in year one into a contributor in year two.

Still... hard not to feel like there'd be a drop off in replacing Benn/Kier/Larsson with Larsson/17y.o. Boswell/18y.o. Bal.

That's why I think we still hunt for a combo guard or a wing in the portal. Would love to be wrong and see the guys we have blossom though.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

YoDeFoe wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:05 pm
RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:24 am

Boswell could replace Kier's minutes, Larsson can replace Benn's minutes, but then who replaces Larsson's 6th man minutes? That's where Choo is saying we would see Bal (in the mix with filling in those Kier minutes potentially).

I'm a big believer in the benefits of a season under a player's belt, a solid offseason of focused work, and a defined role... all combining to create a very nice sophomore bump that turns a player who, like Bal, looks lost in year one into a contributor in year two.

Still... hard not to feel like there'd be a drop off in replacing Benn/Kier/Larsson with Larsson/17y.o. Boswell/18y.o. Bal.

That's why I think we still hunt for a combo guard or a wing in the portal. Would love to be wrong and see the guys we have blossom though.
With the way we've seen Larsson, Terry and Ballo improve in-season, it might be better to go through some early season pains so we can get the growth that benefits the team much more in the long run and not stunting their growth by getting a grad transfer.

I mean if we kept Aiken all season, who's growth do we not see? Ballo? Larsson? Even Kier's mins have gone down some, he didn't even play 10 mins vs Oregon. Bal has looked extremely iffy during his small time playing but if the staff believes in him just play him. If they think he's really good, don't go the transfer route unless it's a top tier impact transfer.

Kerr
Larsson
Terry
Tubelis
Koloko

Boswell
Ballo
Bal

-------

Anderson
Nowell
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:15 am

When I first heard this, I figured it was Bilas getting in a dig at miller by baiting Benn with a positive uplifting question that leads the audience to immediately compare the current situation to the previous situation, and it fit the "ESPN Hates Sean Miller" trend so, I figured that's probably what it was.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

YoDeFoe wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:05 pm
The transfer portal has a LOT of good players who fit this description. Here are a few:

Blake Hinson, Iowa St.
Zeb Jackson, Michigan
James Graham, Maryland
Ike Nweke, Columbia
Jalen Gabiddon, Yale
Sean Durugordon, Mizzou
Marko Lukic, Little Rock
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Guys are already in the portal before the season is over?
-JB
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:00 am
Baylor lost their three best players, had a lot of turnover - but they only added three players to their rotation, one of whom of course being former Big East FOY, former Pac-12 1st teamer James Akinjo who they fortuitously plugged in at the one.

So congrats to Drew but he's maintaining success with his guys plus the top transfer PG.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:42 pm Ike Nweke, Columbia
Just picking this one at random since Lloyd excels at foreign players, his offer list isn't the best.

https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 183669736/

"The schools that have been contacting me the most are ETSU, Loyola Chicago and I just talked to Robert Morris today actually," he added.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Wow, just wow…..I have to admit I’m a CSM Loyalist (especially since he’s been screwed over by ESPiN, Hecke & Robbins) BUT I’m so grateful for CTL now! He’s hit the ground running and has over-achieved tremendously so far.

BTFD Coach and keep the hits a comin’ please. Amazing year so far.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Just thought it was a good time to bump an old post of mine during our coaching search from the off-season:
Alieberman wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:15 pm Whoever is our next coach is not going to be our long term answer... it’s the following coach
I'm wicked smart