Fishclamps

Re: Official Bracketology Thread

Post by Fishclamps »

Maybe it's newport's burner account
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ProfessorFate wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:35 pm
dmjcat wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:38 pm I think we need to get past the asu/stanford winner before anyone makes reservations. Losing to a NET 95 ranked team will not help us hang onto a 1 seed.

I'll be in Las Vegas next week and San Diego the week after.

Hoping for either the South/West for our seed. Either San Francisco or San Antonio (especially San Antonio) would be great.

As for Chicago (Midwest), forget it. I'll pass on the murder capital of the Midwest. Large parts of the town are nothing more than an open sewer. Over 800 murders and 1800 carjackings in 2021. I have a large number of relatives in the Champaign area (and just north of there). They have been avoiding Chicago completely......they head to Indianapolis for anything they can't get locally.
Wow...you really are a tool. If you're not careful, you're gonna overtake RiversideIsNowhereNearTheFuckingBeachcat as worst poster.
Nope, sure isn't. But San Diego sure af is, where I've been over a decade. I've never completely understood the Riverside joke, but apparently some here feel very, very strongly about it.

Looking forward to 1st/2nd round games in SD!
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Beachcat97 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:22 pm
ProfessorFate wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:35 pm
dmjcat wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:38 pm I think we need to get past the asu/stanford winner before anyone makes reservations. Losing to a NET 95 ranked team will not help us hang onto a 1 seed.

Hoping for either the South/West for our seed. Either San Francisco or San Antonio (especially San Antonio) would be great.

As for Chicago (Midwest), forget it. I'll pass on the murder capital of the Midwest. Large parts of the town are nothing more than an open sewer. Over 800 murders and 1800 carjackings in 2021. I have a large number of relatives in the Champaign area (and just north of there). They have been avoiding Chicago completely......they head to Indianapolis for anything they can't get locally.
Wow...you really are a tool. If you're not careful, you're gonna overtake RiversideIsNowhereNearTheFuckingBeachcat as worst poster.
Nope, sure isn't. But San Diego sure af is, where I've been over a decade. I've never completely understood the Riverside joke, but apparently some here feel very, very strongly about it.

Looking forward to 1st/2nd round games in SD!
Way to keep it classy. Some people on here just live their lives with a bitter agenda towards others for no logical reason. Ignore them and enjoy life. That shuts them down every time. I love this team and hope the season ends like I think it can. We shall see. Bear Down!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:00 pm I love this team and hope the season ends like I think it can.
One week ago…
Captain Obvious wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:44 pm … as much as I love this team I get the feeling they won't get far in the NCAA tournament. Turnovers and lack of tournament experience are two reasons. Also the lack of a true PG. Still IMHO we have the right type of players and talent to possibly make a deep run but as a U of A fan I've grown used to the March letdowns and I'm sort of expecting the same this year.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Champaign is closer to Indianapolis than Chicago, so congrats. Also, I think you could still get Fox News in your Chicago hotel.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Personally, I like Chicago more and more every time I go there - which is NOT what I expected the first time I visited.

Conversely, I dislike New York more and more every time I go there, and oddly, that is EXACTLY what I expected the first time I visited.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

So how much weight does beating the Big Ten Co-Champ on the road carry toward seeding? I'm sure the pundits will find some way to downplay that too.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

g32knights wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:14 pm So how much weight does beating the Big Ten Co-Champ on the road carry toward seeding? I'm sure the pundits will find some way to downplay that too.
AZ is locked in now as a #1 seed - the results anywhere (positive or negative) from any team including themselves will not impact their seed.
prh

Post by prh »

Best non-con road wins this year? Kentucky @ Kansas. Us @ Illinois. What else? Bama in Seattle vs Gonzaga almost counts
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You know what sucks? Chocolate! I have a bunch of relatives who work in a Nestle factory and they gorged so much on it, they all gained 300 pounds and died. Kind of like the Cats' tourney dreams will die against ASU in Las Vegas! I'll be there to show all of my support (I love this team!) and watch their season go die in fire!
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

SabinoDrifter wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:42 pm

Champaign is closer to Indianapolis than Chicago, so congrats. Also, I think you could still get Fox News in your Chicago hotel.
I think Russian assets are getting de-platformed everywhere. There may not be much time left for Fox anything.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Lunardi's latest bracket (3/7)

Midwest Region (Chicago)

1. Arizona

8. North Carolina
9. Iowa St

5. Texas
4. Providence

--

3. Purdue
2. Auburn
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

According to noted Chicago expert dmjcat, no one makes it out of that city alive so RIP to the players, coaches, and fans who will be killed in a carjacking gang war.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm pretty sure you can go on most of the sports betting sites and wager if teams even make it off the plane once they land at O'Hare
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

How many of you have gone to Chicago this morning and made it back home alive?

I rest my case.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:13 am According to noted Chicago expert dmjcat, no one makes it out of that city alive so RIP to the players, coaches, and fans who will be killed in a carjacking gang war.
My bad, it was actually 1900 carjackings in ChiTown last year
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Move this dumb discussion to a different thread.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Like I said, please don’t come to Chicago. Only REAL Wildcat fans would brave this hellhole of Michelin star rated restaurants, world-renowned museums, incredible architecture, phenomenal nightlife, and society-changing culture… and we know that doesn’t describe you.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:13 am According to noted Chicago expert dmjcat, no one makes it out of that city alive so RIP to the players, coaches, and fans who will be killed in a carjacking gang war.
Sure, but think of all the great food they get to eat first.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Man, that's my type of town.

Can't wait to have a modern day Pops McKale "tell the team to bear down" moment after I get gunned down.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Oh, and my last meal there will definitely be the best steakhouse in town. Haven't been to Chicago in a while so hoping the Notorious Biggie Chi will help me out...

:roll:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I keep visiting Chicago and every time I am left without being mugged, shot or hijacked.

Can I speak to the manager?
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

bri

Post by bri »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:57 pm
Chicat wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:48 pm

:lol:

Please don’t come. Wouldn’t want you to soil yourself.
What part of my post was inaccurate??

The 800 murders or the 1800 carjackings?? :lol:
Murder rate (per capa) is higher in Indy than Chicago, I guess you could start with that.
prh

Post by prh »

Can we just ban this clown ass already?
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:27 am Oh, and my last meal there will definitely be the best steakhouse in town. Haven't been to Chicago in a while so hoping the Notorious Biggie Chi will help me out...

Chicago Cut for sure! Atmosphere, steak, and corn are amazing! And the drinks are strong- nice kicker.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

#3 most accurate bracket maker over a 5 year average on bracket matrix

Latest bracket (3/7)

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

IndianaZonaFan wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:41 am
EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:27 am Oh, and my last meal there will definitely be the best steakhouse in town. Haven't been to Chicago in a while so hoping the Notorious Biggie Chi will help me out...

Chicago Cut for sure! Atmosphere, steak, and corn are amazing! And the drinks are strong- nice kicker.
Can’t go wrong at Chicago Cut! I know 97cats wants to go to Gibson’s though so it might just have to be steak every night.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Gibson's - i will handle the arrangements
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:05 am

Can’t go wrong at Chicago Cut! I know 97cats wants to go to Gibson’s though so it might just have to be steak every night.
that was a fantastic night my man!!
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i have never been to Chicago Cut so i am down with any of them just please tell me so i can get on those accommodations!!!

apologize for the energy, i dont mess around :lol:
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

The committee better not screw up this road trip that's being formulated here. That's all I have to say.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Selection Sunday - March 13 - 6 p.m. ET on CBS

First Four - March 15 and 16 - Dayton, Ohio - UD Arena

First/Second (March 17 and 19) Buffalo, New York - KeyBank Center
First/Second (March 17 and 19) Indianapolis, Indiana - Gainbridge Fieldhouse
First/Second (March 17 and 19) Fort Worth, Texas - Dickies Arena
First/Second (March 17 and 19) Portland, Oregon - Moda Center
First/Second (March 18 and 20) Greenville, South Carolina - Bon Secours Wellness Arena
First/Second (March 18 and 20_ Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Fiserv Forum
First/Second (March 18 and 20) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -PPG Paints Arena
First/Second (March 18 and 20) San Diego, California - Viejas Arena

Sweet 16/Elite Eight (March 24 and 26)San Antonio, Texas - AT&T Center
Sweet 16/Elite Eight (March 24 and 26) San Francisco, California - Chase Center
Sweet 16/Elite Eight (March 25 and 27) Chicago, Illinois - United Center
Sweet 16/Elite Eight (March 25 and 27) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wells Fargo Center

Final Four (April 2 and 4) New Orleans - Caesars Superdome
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Baylor has overtaken Gonzaga as #1 overall on bracket matrix

------
LOCKED: Gonzaga and Arizona (PAC 12) will be N°1 seeds regardless of their conference tournament results
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Fully expect Baylor to lose in the Big 12 tourney.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

FWIW, Arizona is ranked #2 in both polls: AP - 6 first place votes; Coaches - 2 first place votes

Baylor is #3 in both: AP 3 first place votes; Coaches 2 first place votes
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Is this AZ vs. Baylor business going to impact regional placement? I mean, obviously they want to be in the South, right? With the regional final in San Antonio. I'm guessing we'd prefer to avoid the Midwest region because it's almost certain that Illinois will be placed there and would have an insane home court advantage in the regional final.
Sid

Post by Sid »

This bracket stuff is fascinating. Now back to Chicago…

The ass in Chicago is fucking amazing!
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Gibson's for six people @ 7:30pm (3/26) on rush street i will be hosting - just doing my part putting this in the universe....
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

97cats wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:55 pm Gibson's for six people @ 7:30pm (3/26) on rush street i will be hosting - just doing my part putting this in the universe....
I'm in.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:56 pm
97cats wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:55 pm Gibson's for six people @ 7:30pm (3/26) on rush street i will be hosting - just doing my part putting this in the universe....
I'm in.
In!

Hilariously I have reservations for the next night at Gibson’s too. It’s my wedding anniversary.

Hoping I have to cancel because the Cats are playing that night down the street.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:59 pm
I'm in.
In!

Hilariously I have reservations for the next night at Gibson’s too. It’s my wedding anniversary.

Hoping I have to cancel because the Cats are playing that night down the street.
shall i get CUT instead my man? i just love Gibsons and it was the birthplace of the 97cats love fest for all things Justin...hell, you met my son at Gibsons :lol:

EDIT: i also went ahead and made a reservation for six at Chicago CUT at 8pm on the 26th - 300 N LaSalle Dr, Chicago, IL 60654

choices, Boys - choices
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Ha! Downstaters being frightened of all of Chicago because of certain pockets of high criminal activity. Is it 1975? Most people I grew up with would go to St. Louis, but not Chicago because of their sweeping generalizations. Which, is funny if you think about it logically.

Last time I was in Rantoul, I about got ran off the road by a coal burner bearing Stars and Bars. Now, that doesn’t mean I won’t return to the area because of that, I just don’t see any reason to go there again.

Went to Chicago last November. The main problem was the weather.

By the way, pro tip. Go to Hugo’s Frog bar. Same steaks as Gibson’s (including Chicago cut). with some kick ass seafood as well.

Now, can we get back to brakitz (sic) please.

PS: Oh, and one more thing, fuck ASU.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm in.
In!

Wait...wait...wait... Chi.... you got married at the end of MARCH?

What the hell were you thinking?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If I can change my birthday from June to January, you can change your wedding anniversary from March to September.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:04 pm
I'm in.
In!

shall i get CUT instead my man? i just love Gibsons and it was the birthplace of the 97cats love fest for all things Justin...hell, you met my son at Gibsons :lol:

EDIT: i also went ahead and made a reservation for six at Chicago CUT at 8pm on the 26th - 300 N LaSalle Dr, Chicago, IL 60654

choices, Boys - choices
As Siempre Verde noted, you can order off the Hugo’s menu at Gibson’s and the Gibson’s menu at Hugo’s, so I am perfectly fine with going to the same place two nights in a row. It’s basically two different AMAZING restaurants in one.

And yes, I did get married at the end of March. You think I had a choice in that?? :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:40 pm If I can change my birthday from June to January
Since your family made up your last name out of literal thin air, this is unsurprising.
Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:40 pm you can change your wedding anniversary from March to September.
Look, I get it. And I’m down. But I’m going to need you to explain that to my wife.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Late March in Tucson would be awesome, in the Midwest, not so much. Which was it Chi?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I had a rehearsal dinner I had to go to during the Arizona UConn Elite 8 game. I spent a good chunk of that night at the restaurant bar. I lost a friend over that

My biggest regret is Horne missing that shot