That Was Fun

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

That Was Fun

Post by gumby »

Let's count the ways

1. Fast start. Eight of nine field goals.
2. Tarc playing BIG.
3. Stanimal says, "Hello, America." Must be the shoes.
4. Professional announcers calling a game in a big-time setting.
5. Fast second-half start.
6. York slashing and scoring and hitting threes. Oh and nice lob.
7. Game over before Rondae or TJ scored.
8. Nice post moves from Tarc, Bash, Ristic.
9. Didn't need all those points we left at the line.
10. Bilas ripping the flop.
11. Defense that took away Michigan's plan.
12. Over the head pass by TJ.
13. Calm, cool, collected Jackson-Cartwright.
14. A day off from whining about the offense.
15. The streaks continue.
Right where I want to be.
Pop McKale

Re: That Was Fun

Post by Pop McKale »

Pretty well sums it up.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

arizona def climbed kaibabcat's fun index in leaps & bounds today :lol:
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

16. Slow finish
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

17. RichRod halftime speech in front of a bunch of Michigan fans.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

AZCatGirl wrote:17. RichRod halftime speech in front of a bunch of Michigan fans.
What he say? Encouraging fans to attend bowl game??
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

It was mostly thanking the fans and honoring the seniors and Scooby. There was some talk about wanting a lot of fans at the Fiesta Bowl at the end. I recorded it with my phone but I haven't looked how it turned out.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

Fitting that we were playing Michigan.

He opened and ended remarks with Bear Down!
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Katzenfreund wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:I recorded it with my phone but I haven't looked how it turned out.
Lemme guess: girl + phone = vertical video
I really don't get why people do that. Just... why?

Anyway, the official Arizona YouTube page put the speech up.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

AZCatGirl wrote:17. RichRod halftime speech in front of a bunch of Michigan fans.
Pretty classy of RR not to say anything.

18. Pitts drives and makes a layup.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

77HoyaCat4Ever wrote:Fitting that we were playing Michigan.

He opened and ended remarks with Bear Down!
RR also made an impromptu appearance in the locker room before the game to cheer the guys on to victory. heh
gumby

Post by gumby »

Did he pop and lock?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

hahaha, best gif ever

i think CSM needs to locker room twerk if arizona makes it to the FF this year
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

dirtbags wrote:hahaha, best gif ever

What gif?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bosy Billups wrote:

What gif?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Catgirl, Thanks for posting the vid of RR

and that gif of RR will live in infamy.
Someone needs to tweet that out!
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I'll
19) The first time that college basketball was the main event on a Saturday this season. Gave national audience first time to see Arizona as the main attraction and Arizona looked like a contender.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Continuing to climb the Fun Index.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Chicat wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

What gif?
That is so not a Michigan Man :lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Now that Arizona clicks on offense and is fun to watch, the doubt now stereotypically turns to questioning Arizona's toughness:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... -utep-unlv

Since Arizona's defense will likely prevent it from falling into a big deficit against UTEP or UNLV, the doubts about toughness as strictly defined by Rothstein can morph into a general soft label going into conference play.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:Now that Arizona clicks on offense and is fun to watch, the doubt now stereotypically turns to questioning Arizona's toughness:

Since Arizona's defense will likely prevent it from falling into a big deficit against UTEP or UNLV, the doubts about toughness as strictly defined by Rothstein can morph into a general soft label going into conference play.

Halfcourt scoring issues my ass!!! So sick of reading this crap, it is spewed from one broadcaster to another without anything to back it up. Opinions are baseless without some foundation in reality.

Ugh, I can't think of anything that pisses me off more than crap like that. Rothstein is better than that.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Now that Arizona clicks on offense and is fun to watch, the doubt now stereotypically turns to questioning Arizona's toughness:

Halfcourt scoring issues my ass!!! So sick of reading this crap, it is spewed from one broadcaster to another without anything to back it up. Opinions are baseless without some foundation in reality.

Ugh, I can't think of anything that pisses me off more than crap like that. Rothstein is better than that.
No, no, you're wrong. It's brilliant. Despite its baselessness, the half court scoring issues thing has been repeated enough to sound real, and can now be used to transition to this new unmeasurable, unconfirmable, and subjective doubt that can be repeated with even less risk for falsehood.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

They are soon forced to write like this:

Arizona misses shots from the filed over 48% of the time, and they miss 3 point shots nearly 63% of the time. They have won games strictly by playing at home where fan's cheer loud.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

And even if it's exposed as a bias, or a narrative, they can spew it as trolling to get hits.

There will always be a justification for not objectively assessing Arizona basketball based on its actual play.

And if Rothstein thinks that either UTEP or UNLV is going to "punch Arizona in the mouth," he's watched too many cop movies.

Look, we get it: 10 p.m. is past your bedtime. Just go to sleep and let the western writers get you up to speed in the morning.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'll buy the "punch in the mouth" line, but to say that Arizona didn't take the Zags best punch, thats ridiculous.

I pointed out to Goodman that Arizona defeated his Nat'l Champ darlings, and the homecourt was used as a defense...and that Arizona barely survived that game. But somehow certain other teams barely beating Columbia at home is attributed to great defense and team play.

Look, I get that we fans see it the way we want to...and disrespect is the angle of choice. All I ask when someone wants to criticize a team is a little evidence in which to form the opinion. Goodman had none, aside from what some NBA dudes told him in an early practice...and the all to common "eye test".

My best guess is that most writer's eye test consists of a glance at a recap and box score.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I think that everyone is underestimating the potency of our defense this year.

Even Kentucky may not find out until it is too late. I don't worry about Duke, do you?

This team is just different. Even from the Gordon team of last year. The "concern about scoring" can be boiled down to two words:

Gabe York.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

First it was "Arizona isn't beating cupcakes by enough" and now it's "Well it's only at home, plus Michigan sucks so they don't count for anything."

Win our next two games and it'll become "Well Arizona hasn't faced a REAL road test yet. UTEP and UNLV aren't even ranked!"
gumby

Post by gumby »

Sucks to be us. So much for the Fun Index.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

gumby wrote:Sucks to be us. So much for the Fun Index.
Never does suck to be us.

Lets remember all the great pub we have gotten and ya this narrative is tired and one of the reasons Bilas disapoints these days. He's become soft.

on another note: start making some Final Fours again and some of this crap stops...well that is if anyone in the in the east coast media begins to actually watch our games.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CBCat wrote:
gumby wrote:Sucks to be us. So much for the Fun Index.
Never does suck to be us.

Lets remember all the great pub we have gotten and ya this narrative is tired and one of the reasons Bilas disapoints these days. He's become soft.

on another note: start making some Final Fours again and some of this crap stops...well that is if anyone in the in the east coast media begins to actually watch our games.
This right here. It was the same way back in the 80's & 90's before we made all those final four's and then the NC. Get to a ff and all these guys will stfu and jump on board. It's a great time to be a Wildcat so enjoy the ride. You never know when things will change.