Dusan Ristic - working hard

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

HiCat

Dusan Ristic - working hard

Post by HiCat »

Work ethic benefiting homebody Ristic

9 hours ago • By Bruce Pascoe

“He’s worked hard every day in the weight room and on the court,” Miller said. “He’s very easy to coach, a pleasure to be around and somebody who everybody in our program pulls for because we all recognize how much he wants it and how hard he works at it.”

The most recent example came when Ristic struggled to be effective Saturday against Gonzaga, playing only four minutes without a rebound or point, and then returning against Utah Valley with his best game of the season.

“We showed him some clips of the Gonzaga game — that was a much different game than (Utah Valley) because of the physicality around the basket, rebounding, setting screens on really tough-minded players,” Miller said. “Those are things he didn’t do as good of a job. But his greatest attribute is his work ethic. He works as hard as anybody in our program, and that’s what’s eventually going to bring out the best in him.

“The coaching staff and all the players help me every day, and I’m just glad to have those people around me,” Ristic said. “I think I improved my defensive game and my body. I wasn’t ready for college basketball, but after four or five months, I’m getting better every day.”

“You look at him shoot free throws, and he’s a really good free-throw shooter. That will eventually play itself out as he gets in the game more. His challenge is the speed of the game defensively and being physical against players like (Gonzaga 7-footer Przemek) Karnowski. But is he better now than a month ago? No question.”

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball/col ... 9cf3d.html
gumby

Re: Dusan Ristic - working hard

Post by gumby »

Excited about this guy. A natural scorer. With strength, he should be formidable.
Right where I want to be.
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

He along with P. Jackson-Cartwright are the two pleasant surprises of this years freshman class.
Dusan looks ready for more floor time and P.J.C.'s play makes the offense appear to flow smoother.

:lol:
I so dumb
Last edited by CatnapTom on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

CatnapTom wrote:He along with J. Parker-Cartwright are the two pleasant surprises of this years freshman class.
Dusan looks ready for more floor time and J.P.C.'s play makes the offense appear to flow smoother.
who?

;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
CatnapTom wrote:He along with J. Parker-Cartwright are the two pleasant surprises of this years freshman class.
Dusan looks ready for more floor time and J.P.C.'s play makes the offense appear to flow smoother.
who?

;)
I see what you did here POM! Could be like Walton and call hime Parker Jefferson-Cartwright!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My son's name is Jackson Parker C. You must be talking about the other guy.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Ristic is going to be a beast in the coming seasons. Can't wait.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

He's everything we assumed Kyryl would be!
CatnapTom

Post by CatnapTom »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
who?

:oops:
HA ! Still love the guy ( just got to get the name order right ).

;)
gumby

Post by gumby »

So were all the first names taken? He had to take three last names?
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

PJC, Trier, Ristic = Offense
gumby

Post by gumby »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Everyone forgets about him. Guy has 3 years of basically starting level experience in the ACC and averaged 13.5 points a game. Regularly put up 15-20 points on top 25 teams.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:My son's name is Jackson Parker C. You must be talking about the other guy.
Jackson Parker Chicat?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Everyone forgets about him. Guy has 3 years of basically starting level experience in the ACC and averaged 13.5 points a game. Regularly put up 15-20 points on top 25 teams.
Yup, totally forgot.

- So Ristic at the 5 (still a possibility Zeus comes back, but for now, count him in going pro)
- 5th year red shirt senior Anderson at the 4
- Victor sophomore at the 4

The chatter from the recruiting experts prior to the season was that Ristic had NBA pro potential, and it's easy to see why at this point. Just curious, where does Rabb or Zimmerman fit in for their one year? No matter how talented they are, as 17-18 year olds, would either of them start over Ristic, Anderson, or Victor who will be a year older, a year stronger, and a year familiar with Miller's system and defense?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:
Chicat wrote:My son's name is Jackson Parker C. You must be talking about the other guy.
Jackson Parker Chicat?
Damn, wish I had thought of that. Instead he got my last name. Oh well...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Bosy Billups wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Yup, totally forgot.

- So Ristic at the 5 (still a possibility Zeus comes back, but for now, count him in going pro)

The chatter from the recruiting experts prior to the season was that Ristic had NBA pro potential, and it's easy to see why at this point. Just curious, where does Rabb or Zimmerman fit in for their one year? No matter how talented they are, as 17-18 year olds, would either of them start over Ristic, Anderson, or Victor who will be a year older, a year stronger, and a year familiar with Miller's system and defense?
Will be tough to figure out when Rabb is playing for Cuonzo and Zimm elsewhere as well
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I now expect Ristic's minutes to fall off a cliff. :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Yup, totally forgot.

Will be tough to figure out when Rabb is playing for Cuonzo and Zimm elsewhere as well
Is this the latest chatter?

Man, what a waste of time and effort for Zabb, and Winslow.

I know that is part of the business, but that probably ate at 100+ hours that Miller & Staff could have been at home.

For Rabb/Zimm, that's more of a good problem since our front court looks like it will be in great hands next year.

Anyway, is this info coming from TOS? Thanks!
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Bosy Billups wrote: Is this the latest chatter?

I know that is part of the business, but that probably ate at 100+ hours that Miller & Staff could have been at home.

For Rabb/Zimm, that's more of a good problem since our front court looks like it will be in great hands next year.

Nah pretty much just what I have gathered from 97. I could be wrong about Rabb, just doesn't feel like we have much of a chance with him. Zimm, I'm pretty sure, has been stated as like a 5% chance for us.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

dcZONAfan wrote:

Nah pretty much just what I have gathered from 97. I could be wrong about Rabb, just doesn't feel like we have much of a chance with him. Zimm, I'm pretty sure, has been stated as like a 5% chance for us.
Can we get a nice update from 97? Anything would be great!
az91

Post by az91 »

dcZONAfan wrote:

Hmm, I seem to remember that 97cats still feels we have a strong chance at getting Rabb.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Such a nice touch. Could be special.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

gumby wrote:Such a nice touch. Could be special.
Definitely could be. I am a bit concerned about Poeltl being a freshman and all and being dang good already. This guy might be one of those big men we have to worry about for several years.

I paid attention to Tarc's defense during the game and it was superb. He just knows how to play.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

It's weird when I hear announcers calling him a freshman. A true 7'0 freshman.

He looks like a junior who has been on our team since the beginning.

Will be an imposing starting C next year, can't wait.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Even though he and Zeus are both listed at 7'0", he looks taller to me. Definitely has a bigger wingspan.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

gumby wrote:So were all the first names taken? He had to take three last names?
I blame Craig Victor.
gumby

Post by gumby »

He provides balance.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

mrqsjhnsnsux wrote:
gumby wrote:So were all the first names taken? He had to take three last names?
I blame Craig Victor.
Kadeem Allen didn't help either.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
WildcatRx

Post by WildcatRx »

UAEebs86 wrote:Even though he and Zeus are both listed at 7'0", he looks taller to me. Definitely has a bigger wingspan.

I blame the neck
"I do not like Miller"-- Machina
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

gumby wrote:Such a nice touch. Could be special.
Agree. I wasn't on board after watching the highlight video but after seeing him in games, I'm sold on his present and future. What an advantage off the bench.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:PJC, Trier, Ristic = Offense

In the words of another poster,
Filthy
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Play of the night was Ristic leading the break with the one-handed bounce pass to MK for the throw down. Dusan brings incredible talent (soon as he got the ball in the post I said to my wife, "He will now score", and 1 second later he put a right handed jump hook through the rim.). Korcheck brings immense energy. I don't think there is more than a handful of front lines in the country that could stop Dusan on the block, and even if they did be able to stop Matt on the offensive glass.

Those two on the floor at the same time could give a lot of teams headaches on the block on both ends of the court. Hope Miller keeps it going. We will see teams completely worn out by the end of most games if he does.

Go Cats!!
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Ristic also has a nice 3 point shot too.

The guy keeps looking better and better. Natural scorer on the low block and his defense will come around. I was skeptical about a Euro big man, but I think he will be a great player for us.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Release the Dus!
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

coach sean miller dropped a dus on the oregon ducks
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So...to continue in the recent vein of comments...when Dus hit's a three...is he upper decking the opposition?

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Catstatic wrote:Play of the night was Ristic leading the break with the one-handed bounce pass to MK for the throw down. Dusan brings incredible talent (soon as he got the ball in the post I said to my wife, "He will now score", and 1 second later he put a right handed jump hook through the rim.). Korcheck brings immense energy. I don't think there is more than a handful of front lines in the country that could stop Dusan on the block, and even if they did be able to stop Matt on the offensive glass.

Those two on the floor at the same time could give a lot of teams headaches on the block on both ends of the court. Hope Miller keeps it going. We will see teams completely worn out by the end of most games if he does.

Go Cats!!

This may be the first and only time we see Dusan Ristic and Matt Korcheck being referred to as one of the most feared frontcourts in the nation...

Maybe, maybe, just a little overenthusiastic in your assessment, Catstatic.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:So...to continue in the recent vein of comments...when Dus hit's a three...is he upper decking the opposition?
Dus Ristic: Male Triptych
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Catstatic wrote:Play of the night was Ristic leading the break with the one-handed bounce pass to MK for the throw down. Dusan brings incredible talent (soon as he got the ball in the post I said to my wife, "He will now score", and 1 second later he put a right handed jump hook through the rim.). Korcheck brings immense energy. I don't think there is more than a handful of front lines in the country that could stop Dusan on the block, and even if they did be able to stop Matt on the offensive glass.

Go Cats!!
Ristic has incredible skill. Not sure how talented he is. He's not super fast or big. He's an average leaper. But he does understand the game and is well rounded in all skills on offense, typical for a quality European player. His skill development, on the defensive end, has shown much improvement since the beginning of the season. I am glad he decided to play here. He may turn out to be the best center UA has ever had.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Catintheheat wrote:

Go Cats!!
Ristic has incredible skill. Not sure how talented he is. He's not super fast or big. He's an average leaper. But he does understand the game and is well rounded in all skills on offense, typical for a quality European player. His skill development, on the defensive end, has shown much improvement since the beginning of the season. I am glad he decided to play here. He may turn out to be the best center UA has ever had.
He is taller than Zues and has some years to tone up like Zies
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

With Dusan's improvement and the fact there's enough season remaining to briefly experiment a time or two on certain lineups, I'd like to see what I brought up quite earlier in the season put into play for a moment a time or two to see how it looks. There have been, and will be, occasions where UA will face a team who's overall length is greater than UA's or at least enough to increase the difficulty of the game .. (UNLV might be when I thought of this?). Well a good tall lineup for UA with good floor spacing skills all around would be TJ, SJ at 2, BA at 3, Dusan at the 4 and Zeus at the 5. ... *(Tried to underline the word "overall")
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Tarc's stone hands were contagious tonight though, but a couple of nice hustle plays by Ristic.

He better watch his head though according to Walton.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Merkin wrote:Tarc's stone hands were contagious tonight though, but a couple of nice hustle plays by Ristic.

He better watch his head though according to Walton.
Yeah, those two sweet passes from TJ should have ended up in easy buckets for Dusan....disappointing as I had thought his hands were better than this....hooe he improves in the second half!
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Hit the freshman wall tonight. Maybe not playing with his mate PJC had an affect??
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

CBCat wrote:Hit the freshman wall tonight. Maybe not playing with his mate PJC had an affect??
'Effect'.....don't know but was sorely disappointed in him tonight.....I really like him and this was obviously a bad game for him. Did he play at all in the 2nd half?

Only 8 minutes, one rebound and those 2 TOs.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
CBCat wrote:Hit the freshman wall tonight. Maybe not playing with his mate PJC had an affect??
'Effect'.....don't know but was sorely disappointed in him tonight.....I really like him and this was obviously a bad game for him. Did he play at all in the 2nd half?

Every single player fumbled it away. Weird juju out there tonight. Ristic hasn't logged enough minutes to hit a wall.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Or maybe when playing OrSU and their zone defense our bigs aren't going to have good numbers?

::::

I mean combined with just having a night where he didn't look as good as he has recently. The two in combination = what happened last night.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

Every single player fumbled it away. Weird juju out there tonight. Ristic hasn't logged enough minutes to hit a wall.
OSU managers snuck in and deflated the balls.

Everyone had fumblitis.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »