Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Great Week To Be A Wildcat

Post by gumby »

Jason Terry

LA sweep

Game Day

Alone in first place!

You may resume your regularly scheduled grumbling.
Right where I want to be.
UAEebs86

Re: Great Week To Be A Wildcat

Post by UAEebs86 »

Homer ;)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

If we played Utah this weekend we would have lost 58-57.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

This thread needs more uninformed kvetching.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I just feel like Arizona would be in first place if Tony Bennett were coaching the team with a cathedral ceiling or even a pitched roof.
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

If Dusan had more minutes we'd be in FIRST place instead of just first place. Fact.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:I just feel like Arizona would be in first place if Tony Bennett were coaching the team with a cathedral ceiling or even a pitched roof.
What a great, great, great idea.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

The joy is off the charts. Calm down, people.

Arizona tops in the conference in: Scoring margin, rebounding margin (lead in defensive and offensive rebounding percentage) and turnover margin. Just think if we were well-coached and played the right guys. Might be in first place ....
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm somewhat puzzled that more isn't being made of our #1 national defensive rebounding margin ranking being proved to not be a fluke. Looney and Parker are elite offensive rebounders and we totally shut down that aspect of their game.

Massive...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:I'm somewhat puzzled that more isn't being made of our #1 national defensive rebounding margin ranking being proved to not be a fluke. Looney and Parker are elite offensive rebounders and we totally shut down that aspect of their game.

Massive...
It's because our rebounders are right there in the lane and not 18" out.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:I'm somewhat puzzled that more isn't being made of our #1 national defensive rebounding margin ranking being proved to not be a fluke. Looney and Parker are elite offensive rebounders and we totally shut down that aspect of their game.

Massive...
Part it with Parker is that it's hard to rebound when you're sitting on the bench.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:It's because our rebounders are right there in the lane and not 18" out.
:lol:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Part it with Parker is that it's hard to rebound when you're sitting on the bench.
True, but it's not as if he got any in the 16 minutes he did play. Although being in foul trouble probably contributed mightily.

I do have to wonder whether the Pac-12 refs penchant for calling any effort on the offensive glass a foul has an effect on our numbers. If Pac coaches are telling their kids to just forget about rebounding and get back on defense because they want to avoid foul trouble, that could be a big factor.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
azgreg wrote:It's because our rebounders are right there in the lane and not 18" out.
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Part it with Parker is that it's hard to rebound when you're sitting on the bench.
True, but it's not as if he got any in the 16 minutes he did play. Although being in foul trouble probably contributed mightily.

I do have to wonder whether the Pac-12 refs penchant for calling any effort on the offensive glass a foul has an effect on our numbers. If Pac coaches are telling their kids to just forget about rebounding and get back on defense because they want to avoid foul trouble, that could be a big factor.
I was more making a joke, but Parker barely got started. I doubt he ever got any rhythm, period, but you're right that he didn't do much even when he was out there.

With the refs, you never know what the standards for a foul are possession to possession. I'd just tell my guys to stay cool regardless and let me handle the refs if I was a coach. Just one more reffing thing: the Pac has the most blatant makeup calls I've ever seen.
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I was more making a joke, but Parker barely got started. I doubt he ever got any rhythm, period, but you're right that he didn't do much even when he was out there.

With the refs, you never know what the standards for a foul are possession to possession. I'd just tell my guys to stay cool regardless and let me handle the refs if I was a coach. Just one more reffing thing: the Pac has the most blatant makeup calls I've ever seen.
I think you're on to something, Chi. Miller himself has said, in frustration, why send guys to the glass when over-the-back fouls are so readily whistled (contact optional)? Plus coaches now seem more freaked about surrendering fast breaks, so they send fewer guys to the glass.

Hope we stay aggressive. Will pay off in the NCAA tournament.