3 bid conference this year.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BigSkyCatinMT

Re: 3 bid conference this year.

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Every time it looks like I was full of shiit when I started this thread, someone gags a big one.

UCLA bites it in Tempe. 16-11. Just lost momentum, and beating Arizona is now a MUST!

UCLA and Stanford choking. Will Oregon be the 3rd team? At Utah next. Manageable last 3 games for UO.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Yep. UCLA needed that one, and now they have to beat us or win the Pac 12 tournament (or maybe beat a giant in the tournament and make it to the title game).
gumby

Post by gumby »

Huge game in Eugene this weekend.
Right where I want to be.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Arizona, Utah, Oregon? Said from day one that I didn't trust Dawkins. Knew UW would fold. Don't think UCLA has much to gain outside of a great conference tourney run.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:Arizona, Utah, Oregon? Said from day one that I didn't trust Dawkins. Knew UW would fold. Don't think UCLA has much to gain outside of a great conference tourney run.
UW folded in part because of injuries and dismissals, which isn't that foreseeable.

Lunardi still has UCLA and Stanford on the bubble, & within striking distance of the NCAAs based on how they close out. Wouldn't surprise me if one of them sneaks in, especially if one of them can get to the other side of the Pac-12 bracket away from UA and win 2-3 games before getting to the Final. Stanford has the taller order IMO due to their play of late and, while it's a real opportunity also, having to play UA in Tucson likely adds another loss.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Reydituto wrote:
BigSkyCatinMT wrote:Arizona, Utah, Oregon? Said from day one that I didn't trust Dawkins. Knew UW would fold. Don't think UCLA has much to gain outside of a great conference tourney run.
UW folded in part because of injuries and dismissals, which isn't that foreseeable.

Lunardi still has UCLA and Stanford on the bubble, & within striking distance of the NCAAs based on how they close out. Wouldn't surprise me if one of them sneaks in, especially if one of them can get to the other side of the Pac-12 bracket away from UA and win 2-3 games before getting to the Final. Stanford has the taller order IMO due to their play of late and, while it's a real opportunity also, having to play UA in Tucson likely adds another loss.
I think Oregon is in without a collapse. Stanford out without an unlikely great run, UCLA likely in if they take care of business and make the conference semis - depending on other tourney upsets. Very few 'one-bid' leagues this year have a second team making it in case of an upset, which is to UCLA's favor.

UCLA fans will have to sweat it out on selection day.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

On the upside, I think some of the young coaches in the league have their teams moving in the right direction. Then there is Sendek and Dawkins who is no Montgomery. Krystko and Tinkle both played for Monty.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Outside of a 4-0/5-0 finish and winning the tourney, yes ucla will either be one of the last 1-2 teams in or out.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

UCLA is hard for me to judge, mostly because of the volume of losses, and the disparity in losses to Kentucky, UNC and Utah. Their best wins are Utah @ home, Oregon @ home, then @ Stanford, and have lost to basically every other good team they've played. Losing @ Cal and @ ASU really hurt their momentum as well.

EDIT: To add, from what I can tell UCLA is locked into UA's side of the bracket, as either the 4 or 5, so they'll likely have to beat UA in the Pac-12 semis to get into the NCAAs.
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Reydituto wrote:UCLA is hard for me to judge, mostly because of the volume of losses, and the disparity in losses to Kentucky, UNC and Utah. Their best wins are Utah @ home, Oregon @ home, then @ Stanford, and have lost to basically every other good team they've played. Losing @ Cal and @ ASU really hurt their momentum as well.

EDIT: To add, from what I can tell UCLA is locked into UA's side of the bracket, as either the 4 or 5, so they'll likely have to beat UA in the Pac-12 semis to get into the NCAAs.
Play in game, or 1st 4 out for UCLA without playing in the finals. Stanford won't sweep an Arizona road trip. Oregon at OSU...Like the way Oregon is playing, especially against us.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The ucla/Stanford quarterfinal game is an ncaa elimination game. Both need that win to keep any hope alive.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Oregon gets to semis they are a lock. 1 more win and they are in.

A ucla trip to semis and non-curb stomping by us should be enough, but it'll be close. Stanford on the other hand will probably have to beat us once, whether its on Senior Day (zero chance), or in the semis. Just beating USC , asu, and ucla wont be enough
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Oregon is in. uCla will likely lose their first game to Furd. Done.

3 bid conference. I concur,
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Olsondogg wrote:Oregon is in. uCla will likely lose their first game to Furd. Done.

3 bid conference. I concur,
The only thing I would say is these guys are in the business of making money and will want to keep the LA audience engaged, so I could imagine UCLA "barely squeaking in" and being slotted for a Friday afternoon or evening game (so as to keep the LA audience as engaged for as long as possible before UCLA's sure loss).