California Golden Bears

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

California Golden Bears

Post by gumby »

Last game.

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball/col ... 3921c.html

Have some decent individuals: Wallace, Matthews, Bird, Kravish. Should be better, but not gelling as a unit. Doesn't defend well. Be a good lineup next year, if they get Rabb. Still, need to show a commitment to defense, boards and team ball.

Last game 73-50. This one ...?
Right where I want to be.
Alieberman

Re: California Golden Bears

Post by Alieberman »

I expect Hazzard and Mellon to have solid games
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

They should be focused on ASSU and getting a split
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

Need a sweep!
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Wake me up when the tournament begins.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I want a total beatdown of these chumps if for no other reason than their delusions about landing Ivan Rabb! For so called 'intellectuals', they think a main selling point to IR is the superior quality of their educational institution over us.

Hey Berkeley morons, put down the joints and try to comprehend that IRs one year of education that he cares about most is, and will be, the basketball education by Professor Sean Miller and company. Advantage Arizona.

Bear Down on those Berkeley Bears!!!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Wrong place, wrong time
Bangkok Wildcat

OMG, you've got to read some of these desperate pleas from Shocky on their board.....calling CSM a slick Saleman with no integrity/sincerity: http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthrea ... ss/page366

Pathetic.....can't wait to crush them and then watch them cry about losing IR!!!
Bosy Billups

Re: California Golden Showers

Post by Bosy Billups »

Shoot, thought I read "California Golden Showers"

Danae and the Golden Shower, c.1750

Very Berkley
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

No letdowns. Bears have talent and are playing better ball. Bring it, fellas. AND FANS.
gumby

Post by gumby »

They're terrible. No defense. Can't rebound. Martin has a long way to go with that team.
Bangkok Wildcat

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I want a total beatdown of these chumps if for no other reason than their delusions about landing Ivan Rabb! For so called 'intellectuals', they think a main selling point to IR is the superior quality of their educational institution over us.

Hey Berkeley morons, put down the joints and try to comprehend that IRs one year of education that he cares about most is, and will be, the basketball education by Professor Sean Miller and company. Advantage Arizona.

Bear Down on those Berkeley Bears!!!
Thank you vary much Wildcats!!!! Congrats on another P12 Championship! Next up Stanford.....
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

and you graduated from an academically mediocre university that has prepared you well to write long sentences with big words & work at the chipotle on speedway

sorry, in today's fiercely competitive global economy that places an emphasis upon highly educated minds, it doesn't really pay to be a dumb azz...do you realize that i can make more $ in 10 minutes that you can make in an entire year as a result of our differing levels of education?

but you're right, ivan will decide if tucson or berkeley is the right place for him
Make more in 10 minutes than I make in a year?

Dude must smoke some fantastic pole to pull in that kind of scratch.
I'll stick to working at the Chipotle on speedway.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I ran circles around Cal grads in Med School.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

To second that point, I find it hilarious that people think in today's economy that "most" undergrads benefit purely on what state funded public university they graduate from. It more about the individualization of experience, the quality of work your produce, and the connections you make with mentors who are willing to help you get ahead that is the true barometer of post-college education success.

They may have a point if we are talking graduate and professional schools, but I doubt that was the intention of some loser, postbeat down binging on Telegraph st Falafel.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My pool guy is a Cal grad.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Cal is bad. I like how Martin seemingly blamed Kravish's foul trouble for the loss. They started 5-7 from the floor, and I remember looking up some time later and they made 8 of their next 33. We missed 4 or 5 bunnies and shot like crap from the line. Easily could have put up 110-115 last night.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Education smack talk, especially from those still in school, is some of the best smack talk ever.

I have a buddy who always goes with the education smack talk when we hammer them. We are 38 years old...I laugh at him and go "really? I have about a third of the student loans you have".

I really like using the Good Will Hunting quote too..."You dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!"
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That's the way you euthanize a lame bear. On to the next one.

In fairness to Cal, I talk education smack about ASU all the time.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:That's the way you euthanize a lame bear. On to the next one.

That's different. You don't do that after an atheletic beatdown, because it's your only option... that's the difference.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

rgdeuce wrote:Cal is bad. I like how Martin seemingly blamed Kravish's foul trouble for the loss. They started 5-7 from the floor, and I remember looking up some time later and they made 8 of their next 33. We missed 4 or 5 bunnies and shot like crap from the line. Easily could have put up 110-115 last night.
David Kravish was missing open jumpers in the first and second halves. WTF is Cuonzo talking about--was he going to break Ashley's foot again?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:That's the way you euthanize a lame bear. On to the next one.

That's different. You don't do that after an atheletic beatdown, because it's your only option... that's the difference.
You're correct. I talk **** about ASU any time the chance presents itself.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I fired a Cal grad a few months ago
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I also like the focus on how Tucson sucks in most of the arguments. "Your town sucks" arguments are always terrific as well.

Look I love the Bay Area, I really do. But I also like my detached single family home that was affordable here in PHX, rather than my buddy's shared wall condo that's 4 times as expensive...

To each their own.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Not to mention if you venture about a mile in any direction from cal's campus and it's all bad neighborhoods.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:I also like the focus on how Tucson sucks in most of the arguments. "Your town sucks" arguments are always terrific as well.

Look I love the Bay Area, I really do. But I also like my detached single family home that was affordable here in PHX, rather than my buddy's shared wall condo that's 4 times as expensive...

To each their own.
I just glanced at that thread. That's hilarious. The bay is nice, but the majority of things a college student, particularly an athlete, care about is quite different. Tucson has tons attractive coeds, a town centered around Arizona basketball and a coach with an ever expanding list of players in the NBA. Cal lacks all of those.

That one dude sure finds a lot of time to post on a message board about how awesome he is despite having a lot of time tied up in golf dates with dignitaries. Nothing says "I'm a high class, educated gent" like blowing yourself in a message board thread to feel better about how your team got violated last night.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Gato Salvaje wrote:
and you graduated from an academically mediocre university that has prepared you well to write long sentences with big words & work at the chipotle on speedway

sorry, in today's fiercely competitive global economy that places an emphasis upon highly educated minds, it doesn't really pay to be a dumb azz...do you realize that i can make more $ in 10 minutes that you can make in an entire year as a result of our differing levels of education?

but you're right, ivan will decide if tucson or berkeley is the right place for him
Make more in 10 minutes than I make in a year?

Dude must smoke some fantastic pole to pull in that kind of scratch.
I'll stick to working at the Chipotle on speedway.
Whoa. You on a break?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Katzenfreund wrote:About that Cal Berkeley education...

Their unfounded arrogance on the other hand...

If this doesn't bring Taylor back nothing will. Hey, I thought they were supposed to be commies at Cal!
Bangkok Wildcat

gumby wrote:
Katzenfreund wrote:About that Cal Berkeley education...

Their unfounded arrogance on the other hand...

If this doesn't bring Taylor back nothing will. Hey, I thought they were supposed to be commies at Cal!
I know Taylor from the U of A. Will ping him as to why he isn't on this board. Bear Down.