POY, COY, etc.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Main Event

Re: POY, COY, etc.

Post by Main Event »

lol...
Last edited by Main Event on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:Joseph Young won POY.

Fuck this conference.
Wow.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

What a joke.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

This conference is a joke. Fuck the coaches. Bunch of jealous motherfuckers who didn't like getting their asses handed to them by Arizona.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

well...he's a chucker who shoots good on free throws. scores a lot of points. i'm sure Altman will be COY now
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

I'm pissed. TJ et al should be too. Time to take it out on the rest of them at the tournament! Let there be pain.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Stanley Johnson is FOY according to Scheer.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Easy, Chi.

Has Self won COY every year in the Big 12? Has KU's best player won POY every year? And they've won how many B-12 titles in a row?

The respect is great, but do you really think Miller and TJ care very much about this? No. They care about winning a national title.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I'm speechless, total bs on every level!!!
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Rondae, SJ and TJ are first team Pac12 according to Scheer.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Can't wait for the bloodbath that will be coming in Vegas.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

What a load of bullshit. I was prepared for Altman to undeservedly win COY, but TJ and Rondae get screwed out of POY and DPOY? We should be lucky Stanley won FOY I guess.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:This conference is a joke. Fuck the coaches. Bunch of jealous motherfuckers who didn't like getting their asses handed to them by Arizona.

It is fueling a fire. I cannot wait for Vegas now.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Easy, Chi.

Has Self won COY every year in the Big 12? Has KU's best player won POY every year? And they've won how many B-12 titles in a row?

The respect is great, but do you really think Miller and TJ care very much about this? No. They care about winning a national title.
Sean Miller absolutely cares that his man TJ McConnell just got denied conference player of the year. You think he doesn't? Ha!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

TJ & RHJ on all defensive team also.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:

Sean Miller absolutely cares that his man TJ McConnell just got denied conference player of the year. You think he doesn't? Ha!
Maybe. But again, a Pac title means more than these awards. And a FF/national championship are all Miller and TJ are focused on right now.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

More crazy
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

BS, but...the coaches didn't want to give AZ every single award, even though we all know our coaches and players were very deserving.

Let's go 9-0 here on out and put the world on notice of this great basketball team.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Maybe. But again, a Pac title means more than these awards. And a FF/national championship are all Miller and TJ are focused on right now.
You can say that, but you don't know. I'm guessing that right now both Sean and TJ are using this as motivation, especially in a tourney where Arizona has been outright cheated by this bullshit conference in the past. Let's see how far Joseph Young takes Oregon and how far TJ takes Arizona.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Last edited by 84Cat on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

84Cat wrote:
This is actually more surprising to me than any of the other snubs.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Wright shot 52.2% and Young shot 44%, it isn't even close.

I was prepared for TJ to not with the award to Wright, who has been incredible but there is zero reason Young should have won.

Insanity.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Amazing Zeus didn't get any votes. I don't think there is another center in the league I would take over him.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

You can say that, but you don't know. I'm guessing that right now both Sean and TJ are using this as motivation, especially in a tourney where Arizona has been outright cheated by this bullshit conference in the past. Let's see how far Joseph Young takes Oregon and how far TJ takes Arizona.
I hope so, bro. I think our guys deserved these awards, just like you do. But the sweetest glory is still out there for the taking. Let's win three games this week.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:Can't wait for the bloodbath that will be coming in Vegas.
I hope we lay a 100 burger on everybody.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Several things are wrong with the votes, but the foremost is rewarding a coach whom a year ago kept quiet about 3 rapists on his team (oh and Young slept with the woman too before his teammates gang raped her) just to receive a bonus and the ability to play the sport in the NCAA's. That is disgusting.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Let's not forget that last year Aaron Gordon didn't make the all-defensive team. So it's not like this kind of dumbfuckery is unprecedented.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Can't wait for the bloodbath that will be coming in Vegas.
I hope we lay a 100 burger on everybody.
The unwritten rule about not scoring again when time is winding down? You know, when UA is up huge and we don't want to embarrass anyone?

Yeah that rule doesn't travel to Vegas.
'ZONA97

Post by 'ZONA97 »

I'm sure Sean Miller doesn't give a shit about COY, so I don't really either. But denying TJ POY keeps him out of the Ring of Honor, and that pisses me off.

Only hope for him now is the Cousy (which I think would make him eligible for jersey retirement), but I don't think he wins it unfortunately.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I love it!

Vegas will be a bloodbath!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

'ZONA97 wrote:I'm sure Sean Miller doesn't give a shit about COY, so I don't really either. But denying TJ POY keeps him out of the Ring of Honor, and that pisses me off.

Only hope for him now is the Cousey (which I think would make him eligible for jersey retirement), but I don't think he wins it unfortunately.
Well then change the "ring of honor" rules. TJ will get an award at some point, I guarantee it.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Daryl Zero wrote:Amazing Zeus didn't get any votes. I don't think there is another center in the league I would take over him.
Definitely not.

Position by position, if I was able to choose a team from the P12 I'd probably take our starting five!! This team is gelling very well right now, especially with York playing confidently off the bench (esp in road games). I don't give a fuck who we play, we're getting to the Final 4 this year. I'm as confident as last year pre-Ashley injury.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Tarc not getting a vote is astonishing, especially for Defensive Team. Must be a case of not wanting three Cats on the team. Things like this don't bother the WCC. Zags swept the awards.

Can't believe a guy who plays in a zone gets DPOY.
Right where I want to be.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

84Cat wrote:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:Let's not forget that last year Aaron Gordon didn't make the all-defensive team. So it's not like this kind of dumbfuckery is unprecedented.
Wow. Forgot about this. Well, if respect won't be given, it has to be taken.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Good job, J.B.
Right where I want to be.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
'ZONA97

Post by 'ZONA97 »

And not to say there wasn't anyone else deserving other than TJ. Delon Wright is fantastic and I was fully prepared for him to win POY over TJ, which would have sucked but been totally reasonable IMO.

Joseph Young is a chucker who performed his worst against the best teams in the conference. How he wins POY is beyond me.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:Let's not forget that last year Aaron Gordon didn't make the all-defensive team. So it's not like this kind of dumbfuckery is unprecedented.
Wow. Forgot about this. Well, if respect won't be given, it has to be taken.
Yep. 9 more wins and we'll be wagging our dicks in any direction we choose.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

'ZONA97 wrote:And not to say there wasn't anyone else deserving other than TJ. Delon Wright is fantastic and I was fully prepared for him to win POY over TJ, which would have sucked but been totally reasonable IMO.

Joseph Young is a chucker who performed his worst against the best teams in the conference. How he wins POY is beyond me.
Maybe Phil Knight took the awards voters to Hawaii?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

'ZONA97 wrote:And not to say there wasn't anyone else deserving other than TJ. Delon Wright is fantastic and I was fully prepared for him to win POY over TJ, which would have sucked but been totally reasonable IMO.

Same thoughts here. Unreal that actual coaches voted for this chucker. Must be why the rest of the p12 sucks so much.
'ZONA97

Post by 'ZONA97 »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
This needs to be repeated ad infinitum.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »