Pac-12 Tournament 2015

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

FightWildcatsFight

Re: Pac-12 Tournament 2015

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Doesn't matter how much motivation we have, refs wont allow anything resembling a bloodbath.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:Doesn't matter how much motivation we have, refs wont allow anything resembling a bloodbath.

The refs cannot stop what is coming. Hell they tried in Maples, didn't work. Tried in Tah, didn't work...even ran up the fouls this weekend. Didn't work.

Being better than the officials is what Miller has coached to. There is no stopping what is coming this year, officials be damned.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Chicat wrote:Prepare your anus Pac12.
This.

I want every game to be a humiliating destruction of the opponent's will.
I want to see their cheerleaders cry.
I want to see the few opposing fans that show up leave for the craps table at halftime. I want them to avert their eyes in shame when passing us in the halls of MGM.

Analogies that come to mind for what I want these 3 games to be:
-Sherman's March to the Sea
-France 1940
-The Battle of Hoth
-The Battle of Blackwater Bay (h/t to SHB in the other thread)
-Dueling "to the pain" (http://youtu.be/I_keWS1i3RA) - can't get the embed to work. "It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."

Anything less would be a bit of a disappointment.
Last edited by azthrillhouse on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:Doesn't matter how much motivation we have, refs wont allow anything resembling a bloodbath.
CU and Utah games were bloodbaths last year.
Right where I want to be.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azthrillhouse wrote:
Chicat wrote:Prepare your anus Pac12.
This.

I want every game to be a humiliating destruction of the opponent's will.
I want to see their cheerleaders cry.
I want to see the few opposing fans that show up leave for the craps table at halftime. I want them to avert their eyes in shame when passing us in the halls of MGM.

Analogies that come to mind for what I want these 3 games to be:
-Sherman's March to the Sea
-France 1940
-The Battle of Hoth
-Dueling "to the pain" (http://youtu.be/I_keWS1i3RA) - can't get the embed to work. "It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."

Anything less would be a bit of a disappointment.
The collective rage will be tantamount to opening the Ark of the Covenant...

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Chicat wrote:
The collective rage will be tantamount to opening the Ark of the Covenant...

Yep I'm smiling happily thinking of Larry's face melting off.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Hey azcat49, Chi and everyone else who's met me in person--

Ever wonder why I always seem to have that serious, focused look on my face? Times like these are why. It is "Battle on the Ice" from Alexander F*cking Nevsky time now.

ODogg, what say you to $75 for a championship-game ticket?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

catgrad97 wrote:Hey azcat49, Chi and everyone else who's met me in person--

Ever wonder why I always seem to have that serious, focused look on my face? Times like these are why. It is "Battle on the Ice" from Alexander F*cking Nevsky time now.

I'll make you a deal: I'll leave them on Stubhub for now, but if gametime is approaching I'll take them down and sell them to you. Are you in Vegas on Friday?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I have never felt so confident about anything in my life regarding sports that Arizona will dominate in Vegas this weekend.

I have no idea how we do in the tournament but there is no way now we lose the tournament after TJ got straight robbed, so did Miller and so did RHJ

BLOODBATH
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Olsondogg wrote:

I'll make you a deal: I'll leave them on Stubhub for now, but if gametime is approaching I'll take them down and sell them to you. Are you in Vegas on Friday?
Planning on it. Just PM me if they don't get sold by Thursday. Cool?
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Olsondogg wrote:

My buddy still needs a thurs and fri ticket if you still have those. Let me know if price comes down.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Dosia wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

My buddy still needs a thurs and fri ticket if you still have those. Let me know if price comes down.
Thursday's sold...we still have 2 tix for Friday, but we are amongst the lowest on that site so they should move soon.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Was just wandering around the MGM a little while ago and was able to throw out my first Bear Down's of the week to a couple guys in U of A hats. And got a high five in return.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Pac-12 log5

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog ... c_12_log52
One of the things that has come out of doing preseason ratings is that a team can survive a lot of attrition is they return a high-usage player. Oregon’s roster was gutted in the offseason for a variety of reasons, but they still had Joseph Young. They were preseason 34th and enter the Pac-12 tournament the 2-seed. (Though, their overall ranking is 49th.)

I’m sure Dana Altman has done a good job this season—actually I’m, not because it’s really difficult to evaluate coaching ability.—but because he had an extremely efficient, high-usage player coming back, there was a bigger margin for error in filling out the rest of the team. At least, that’s my theory.

Arizona won the league by three games, and to this point is the second-biggest favorite to win its tourney (Gonzaga was at 66.6%). Thus, the all-kenpom.com team is dominated by Wildcats. I’m pretty sure the Ducks are the least likely two-seed champ in all the land. They made up a three-game deficit on Utah with five to play to force a tie that was decided by Oregon’s win over the Utes, which was conveniently played in Eugene.

Utah’s rating is so much better due to its complete annihilation of the opponents in its wins. The Utes had just one single-digit win in Pac-12 play (at Washington State) and three all season (Wichita State and at BYU).

The top three seeds are locks for the NCAA tournament, with UCLA and Stanford looking to play their way in with a couple of wins.
Pac-12
All-kenpom.com: Stanley Johnson, Arizona (kPOY); Delon Wright, Utah; Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Arizona; T.J. McConnell, Arizona; Brandon Ashley, Arizona.

March 11-14 at Las Vegas.

Code: Select all

Qtrs Semis Final Champ
 1 Arizona      100  95.8  85.6  64.9
 3 Utah         100  78.5  63.1  24.3
 2 Oregon       100  68.5  19.8   3.6
 4 UCLA         100  60.8   8.7   2.9
 6 Stanford    74.8  18.9  11.1   2.2
 5 Arizona St. 73.3  33.1   4.1   1.2
10 Colorado    53.6  17.6   3.0   0.3
 7 Oregon St.  46.4  13.9   2.1   0.2
 8 California  61.1   3.0   0.9   0.2
11 Washington  25.2   2.6   0.8   0.08
12 USC         26.7   6.1   0.3   0.05
 9 Wash. St.   38.9   1.2   0.3   0.03
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

call me a bad fan, but i've generally been pretty ambivalent about the conf tourneys. granted, it's always fun to get together and watch our guys play, but the pac-12 tournament usually ends being more of a drawback for us than a benefit; and playing a team for possibly the third time in a season doesn't quite have the frisson of tipping-off against fresh blood during the big dance. remember how dismissive Lute was when the pac-10 tournament returned?

that being said, the chip on our guys' shoulders are really gonna make our games this week fun to watch. guess we won't have to worry about the team's motivation. nastiness? required!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

dirtbags wrote:call me a bad fan, but i've generally been pretty ambivalent about the conf tourneys. granted, it's always fun to get together and watch our guys play, but the pac-12 tournament usually ends being more of a drawback for us than a benefit; and playing a team for possibly the third time in a season doesn't quite have the frisson of tipping-off against fresh blood during the big dance. remember how dismissive Lute was when the pac-10 tournament returned?

that being said, the chip on our guys' shoulders are really gonna make our games this week fun to watch. guess we won't have to worry about the team's motivation. nastiness? required!

I understood this take, I really did.

Then I went to Vegas.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So who you all got?

Wed

Wazzu/Cal Wazzu
USC/ASSU ASSU
CU/OSU OSU
UDub/Furd Furd

Thursday

AZ/Wazzu AZ
ASSU/UCLA UCLA
Oregon/OSU OSU springs the upset
Utah/Furd Furd springs an upset

Friday

AZ/UCLA AZ (but this one will be close as it always is with rivals)
OSU/Furd Furd

Saturday

AZ/Furd AZ Another physical bloodbath as Furd fights for its tourney life but we finally prevail and get to boo Larry Scott
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I like ASU over uCla, no joke.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

I'm predicting that the Wildcats will win three games this week in Las Vegas...

... and come in third.
Oilfield Cat

Post by Oilfield Cat »

Chalk in the Weds games...

Then Tempe Normal upset UCLA

I think Utah comes from the other side.

Utah and Az in the Saturday game.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Am I the only one to notice that Florida State replaced WSU as the 9 seed in Andy Katz's Pac-12 bracket?
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

May actually stay for the UCLA ASSU just to poke fun at both, specifically assu
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Who would have thought...

1) Oregon takes the 2 seed from Utah?
2) ASU takes the 5 from Stanford?
3) Ernie Kent outcoaches Romar in his 1st year without players...from Pullman?
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

[quote="azcat49"]So who you all got?

Wed

Wazzu/Cal WAZZU
USC/ASSU ASSU
CU/OSU OSU
UDub/Furd Furd

Thursday

AZ/Wazzu AZ
ASSU/UCLA UCLA
Oregon/OSU Oregon
Utah/Furd Utah

Friday

AZ/UCLA AZ
Oregon/Utah Oregon

Saturday

AZ/Oregon AZ
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Wed

WSU/Cal
USC/ASSu
CU/OSU
WASH/FURD

Thursday

AZ/CAL
UCLA/ASSu
OREGON/OSU
UTAH/FURD

Friday

AZ/UCLA
OREGON/FURD

Saturday

AZ/OREGON
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Opening Round:
8) California vs. 9) Washington State
- Cal is beat, Washington State by 9
5) Arizona State vs. 12) Southern California
- Arizona State craps the bed late, Southern Cal wins by 5 in OT.
7)Oregon State vs. 10) Colorado
-Oregon State can't score. Colorado is the better ball club and wins by 15.
6)Stanford vs. 11) Washington
-Stanford is better all over the court. Stanford is playing for their life, and the three seniors are dangerous. Stanford by 19.

Quarterfinals:
1) Arizona vs. 9) Washington State
-Arizona is gonna be angry. You won't like them when they're angry. Arizona by 27.
5) UCLA vs. 12) Southern California
-SC comes out hot but they don't have the horses to make it two in a row at this juncture. UCLA pulls away in the final 10 to win by 19.
2)Oregon vs. 10) Colorado
-Colorado pulls off the real first "upset"in this tournament. Though I think the margin between 2 and 11 is just about nothing. Colorado ends winning by 3 because Askia Booker hits one from deep, at the buzzer.
3) Utah vs. 6) Stanford
-Utah is not the same team after we took their happy place. Those Stanford seniors are still very dangerous. Win this game late at the free throw line by 6.

Semi-Finals:
1) Arizona vs. 5) UCLA
-Arizona is on a mission, and is flat out better than UCLA. This game is gonna be talked about as being a close one. BTD doesn't see it. Miller and Co, know what's required this time of year. Arizona by 22.
6) Stanford vs. 10) Colorado
-Stanford is playing some serious ball at this point. Josh Scott is balling as well for Colorado. Stanford realizes again, that it's completely mediocre because Chasson Randle is such a freaking chucker. Askia Booker, one of the conference's greatest chuckers ever stays warm for another W. Scott stops Nastic, and Xavier Johnson does enough for Colorado to pull out the 4 point win.

Championship Game:
1) Arizona vs. 10) Colorado
- Arizona is better, Arizona is on a mission. They get their regular season/tournament championship double. On Sunday they get their number 1 seed out West. Arizona wins the title game in dominant fashion, Colorado sticks around for about 10-15 minutes but gets blitzed in the final 30-35 minutes, and wins by 33.

Pac-12 In the NCAA Tournament-
Arizona 1 Seed
Utah 5 Seed
Oregon 11 Seed

Headed to the NIT-
Stanford
Washington
Oregon State
Arizona State
UCLA

Headed to the CBI/CIT-
Colorado
California
Washington State (Might have to agree to travel).
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What a bunch of fucktards.
ZONACAT

Post by ZONACAT »

Who is that?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ZONACAT wrote:Who is that?
The Golden Shower fan base.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Katzenfreund wrote:I like your predictions, my friend. Although I'd love to see the 'Cats fist Cal for a third time in a row, elbow-deep. Just to stick it to their fanbase of Napoleon complex-ridden sociopaths.

Their message board is an embarrassment to human decency...
Cal blowhard wrote:

check out the down on his luck unemployed former arizona basketball player photobombing to the right of las chicas bonitas

big sauce & young ivee, that could be you in a few years if you decide to go to an academically mediocre school in tuscon

if you go to arizona & get injured, you are ******
Nothing says 'intellectual supremacy' quite like misspelling “Tucson“. Image
Damn it Katz, I think I love you :-). Thanks for making me spit up my morning coffee, you hilarious bastard!!!

I so much want us to destroy Cal again for the same reasons you posted....too bad the frickin' game is at 2am my time.....BTFD and hope we get to give Cal and their arrogant, delusional fanbase 'reality check' #3!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are screwed:

Boivin: This is the year Arizona wins Pac-12 Tournament

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /24717401/

Arizona has long had a conflicted relationship with the Pac-12 Tournament. Lute Olson once called it asinine, and Sean Miller was tagged with a technical during one that led to an investigation of a conference official.

This season? This is the one the Wildcats win.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:We are screwed:

Boivin: This is the year Arizona wins Pac-12 Tournament

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/c ... /24717401/

Arizona has long had a conflicted relationship with the Pac-12 Tournament. Lute Olson once called it asinine, and Sean Miller was tagged with a technical during one that led to an investigation of a conference official.

This season? This is the one the Wildcats win.
No shit. She is so fucking accurate.
Machina

Post by Machina »

She is very nice in person
PerpEph

Post by PerpEph »

Cal fans are easily my least favorite in the Pac-12. They are arrogant, insecure douchebags.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

PerpEph wrote:Cal fans are easily my least favorite in the Pac-12. They are arrogant, insecure douchebags.
see you Thursday -- let's do this!!
PerpEph

Post by PerpEph »

97cats wrote:
PerpEph wrote:Cal fans are easily my least favorite in the Pac-12. They are arrogant, insecure douchebags.
see you Thursday -- let's do this!!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Made it to the MGM and have bumped into several cat fans. No other team fan sightings yet. Of course its late for those teams and fans that have to play tomorrow
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azgreg wrote:
that's funny
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Our Friday night tix have now sold. All we have left is the Saturday championship game. They are listed for $175 apiece on Stubhub....but I am willing to go for $130 for someone on here. $130 is the cheapest in the section.

If you need tix let me know, much rather sell for less to someone on here.
Oilfield Cat

Post by Oilfield Cat »

Keep the beers cold and the tables hot! More of the Arizona army inbound today...I can't get any work done at this office - just thinking about getting on a plane later today and getting to Vegas!

I love walking around there and seeing the sea of RED!

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Actually saw 2 USC fans and have seen several scummy fans wearing their curtain of distraction t-shirts.

Lobby is full of AZ fans checking in. I have not seen many Ute fans which has surprised me
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Phylek

Post by Phylek »

UofA fans everywhere in the MGM. Loving it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Tucson is ready to make Vegas it's bitch.
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Be there in 5 hours. :mrgreen: