Counts as a triple double
catgrad97

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Post by catgrad97 »

Leads the tournament in spg average.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Great chance for Rondae to move up draft boards. Clamping down on an elite NBA prospect at his position in a game like this would speak volumes for his value in the league. Get it done Rondae!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

threenumberones wrote:Great chance for Rondae to move up draft boards. Clamping down on an elite NBA prospect at his position in a game like this would speak volumes for his value in the league. Get it done Rondae!
Yep. He does the job, he can get to late lottery, IMO.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Ive had him ranked in the 15-20 range. Dont put too much stock in tournament games. Regardless, this is a matchup every scout will be watching.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

He wants that ball

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Wish I could figure out how to upload a video (it is saved as a MOV file and this website wont allow it), I have a cute video of my 3-year-old doing the Rondae shimmy.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:Ive had him ranked in the 15-20 range. Dont put too much stock in tournament games. Regardless, this is a matchup every scout will be watching.
That's why I think he can hit late lottery. Lock down Russell and he moves into the 10-15 range in my opinion. I mean, he'll never be the type of defender GP2 from Oregon State is, but he can still be decent.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

One matchup will decide your entire future? Calm down fellas

With the 12th pick in this year's NBA draft: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce wrote:Wish I could figure out how to upload a video (it is saved as a MOV file and this website wont allow it), I have a cute video of my 3-year-old doing the Rondae shimmy.

Upload to youtube, then post on here the embed code.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bosy Billups wrote:One matchup will decide your entire future? Calm down fellas

With the 12th pick in this year's NBA draft: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Truth. Shut down Russell and Rondae will be an NBA All-Star. Russell goes off, Rondae has to spend the rest of his life in the hole prison from The Dark Knight Rises.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

TucsonClip wrote:Ive had him ranked in the 15-20 range. Dont put too much stock in tournament games. Regardless, this is a matchup every scout will be watching.
Tyrus Thomas disagrees...
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
That's why I think he can hit late lottery. Lock down Russell and he moves into the 10-15 range in my opinion. I mean, he'll never be the type of defender GP2 from Oregon State is, but he can still be decent.
Sarcasm?

I think everyone knows what kind of defender he is already. I think he rises regardless of what he does in the tournament, because I think hes too low on most projections.

-Shane Battier
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Harvey Specter wrote:
How'd that work out? Good scouts know one matchup does not make, nor break, a prospects ceiling. Putting too much stock into tournament play is a big no-no. Let the body of work speak for itself and then hope for great individual matchpus in the tournament, because you wont get them during private workouts.

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TucsonClip wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Sarcasm?

I think everyone knows what kind of defender he is already. I think he rises regardless of what he does in the tournament, because I think hes too low on most projections.
Yes, sarcasm.

Getting to see him face off against a top level player is an unusual opportunity. Fair or not, those showcase games do play some role.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote:
He must be a Keith Sweat fan.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

TucsonClip wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
How'd that work out? Good scouts know one matchup does not make, nor break, a prospects ceiling. Putting too much stock into tournament play is a big no-no. Let the body of work speak for itself and then hope for great individual matchpus in the tournament, because you wont get them during private workouts.
What should be does not equate to what is. The degree to which a tournament run can influence a BB players draft status is somewhat foolish, but real. At least it is not as ridiculous as the degree to which NFL combine results impact CFB player draft status. Chris Henry was drafted before Ka'deem.

Pervis Ellison was the first one I remember, there have been plenty since.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

rgdeuce wrote:
And a southpaw to boot! Good stuff...
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azgreg wrote:
When will people learn not to give this bulletin board material. Especially RHJ!!!
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Tomorrow should be fun
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

84Cat wrote:Tomorrow should be fun
God I hope RHJ locks him down!!!
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Excellent player, million dollar contract awaiting, 10-cent head rattling in that brain. At least the part that counts for common sense...

What has he done this year that is so special? All accolades are personal statistic achievements, because God knows his team ain't done shit. Get into him, Rondae. Deep. Ewok style. Make him feel his words...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

3goggles wrote:
84Cat wrote:Tomorrow should be fun
God I hope RHJ locks him down!!!

Yep, but he's needs to stay out of foul trouble in the first half.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Yes. Rather have a Russell hit the first couple (a la Young) than getting two quick fouls. Need him unencumbered in the second half for the wear down
Right where I want to be.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Well then. Meet My Name is Nobody.

I fully expect Rondae to channel Terrence Hill and put an epic bitch slap on that kid.

My Name is Nobody Bar Fight Scene - The Slap Down
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Looks like Russell will need a jersey with a different number on it.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

:lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

#Theshimreaper
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

http://thebiglead.com/2015/03/21/dangel ... ng-clinic/

How did Ashley know this pass was coming?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:http://thebiglead.com/2015/03/21/dangel ... ng-clinic/

How did Ashley know this pass was coming?
Always expect the ball.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Draft Express analyzes RHJ covering Russell:

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Thanks for that Merk, but they failed to mention the excellent D that Nobody played on him.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:Thanks for that Merk, but they failed to mention the excellent D that Nobody played on him.
Maybe TJ is nobody. He also got a piece of Russell, especially in the second half.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Rewatched the game. Rondae made several clutch plays at a time when OSU looked to be in control. During the end-of-half run, he had a steal and three assists. Turned a six-point deficit into a 26-25 halftime lead.

Then he came right out with rebounds and assists during the first five minutes of the second half, where we score 15 in the first five minutes. All the while, Reggie Miller is saying, "I would put Rondae on the baseline and Ashley in the middle of the zone."

As if Rondae weren't already disrupting the zone and setting up easy buckets.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

gumby wrote:Rewatched the game. Rondae made several clutch plays at a time when OSU looked to be in control. During the end-of-half run, he had a steal and three assists. Turned a six-point deficit into a 26-25 halftime lead.

Then he came right out with rebounds and assists during the first five minutes of the second half, where we score 15 in the first five minutes. All the while, Reggie Miller is saying, "I would put Rondae on the baseline and Ashley in the middle of the zone."

I neglected to add Reggie Miller to my list...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:Rewatched the game. Rondae made several clutch plays at a time when OSU looked to be in control. During the end-of-half run, he had a steal and three assists. Turned a six-point deficit into a 26-25 halftime lead.

For Rondae and Stanley being off shooting the ball, they both contributed in other ways. Rondae had a great defensive game, hit the boards and manufactured his points at the line. SJ was strong on the glass and although he didn't have to shoulder the defensive load Rondae did, he was solid there too.

SJ and Rondae have off shooting games, but I don't know a pair of wings that come close to matching them in terms of stuffing the stat sheet.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

For Rondae and Stanley being off shooting the ball, they both contributed in other ways. Rondae had a great defensive game, hit the boards and manufactured his points at the line. SJ was strong on the glass and although he didn't have to shoulder the defensive load Rondae did, he was solid there too.

SJ and Rondae have off shooting games, but I don't know a pair of wings that come close to matching them in terms of stuffing the stat sheet.
You have to be a two way player to get minutes in Miller's system.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Olsondogg wrote:

I neglected to add Reggie Miller to my list...
I thought Reggie did alright. I think you just expect all announcers to know as much about UA hoops as you do yourself. Hard to do when you've got to cover 100+ teams, no?

Regarding Ashley in the high post against the zone: I would have thought the same. Rondae's short jumper isn't reliable enough to make him a threat, although his passing was phenomenal. I still remember watching Parrom execute the high post so well. Tall enough, good passer, threat to drive, threat to hit the little jumper.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

WildcatStunner wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

You have to be a two way player to get minutes in Miller's system.
While I don't disagree, this understates it. Anywhere else, a pair of wings getting double figure rebounds would be big news. With Rondae and Stan, it's common, and making the exceptional common is a big deal.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I too wanted to see Bash at the free throw line in that zone. Rondae picked it up later, but he was turning the ball over/dribbling into traffic/forcing balls to the low block when there was nothing there early. Bash is automatic from that spot with his jumper if the zone doesn't collapse and someone doesn't jump in his face, and I am a little more comfortable with his dribble than Rondae's should he need to use it. And you don't lose much in terms of rebounding, size and finishing around the bucket dropping rondae down to the low block. I love Rondae, but we all know he decides in his head exactly what he is going to do rather than adjusting to the defense or his defender. I was thinking that before Reggie said it and I think his thinking there was not off.
gumby

Post by gumby »

It was the timing of the comment. I can understand it in theory, but I wouldn't say it as Rondae is excelling.

Ashley is better at hitting the mid-range shot, but he has 24 assists in 36 games. Not exactly a distributor, and that's what Rondae was doing to fuel the run.

I don't believe Reggie Miller covers 100+ college teams. He, Chuck, Kenny parachute in for March. Otherwise, they're all about the NBA.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Yea I remember it well...RHJ was struggling in the beginning before we started hitting 3s to spread the zone a lil. Once some space cleared RHJ was tearing the middle of the zone up and literally mid-sentence, Reggie asking for BA in the middle, RHJ was dropping a dime for another score. Reggie even awkwardly slowed down during the sentence, contemplating not even finishing his incorrect thought out loud. But he did, then moved on to something else, never to speak of the incident again.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Rondae and Stan in an article about lottery prospects in the tourney.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ncaa- ... -and-more/
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

pokinmik wrote:Yea I remember it well...RHJ was struggling in the beginning before we started hitting 3s to spread the zone a lil. Once some space cleared RHJ was tearing the middle of the zone up and literally mid-sentence, Reggie asking for BA in the middle, RHJ was dropping a dime for another score. Reggie even awkwardly slowed down during the sentence, contemplating not even finishing his incorrect thought out loud. But he did, then moved on to something else, never to speak of the incident again.
lol, too funny.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Anybody else think the shimreaper has stepped up his intensity this postseason. He looks to be all business out there
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

azcat49 wrote:Anybody else think the shimreaper has stepped up his intensity this postseason. He looks to be all business out there
Don't think he needed it, but it is clear the DPOY snub pissed him off.