Gabriel MF York!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Harvey Specter

Re: Gabriel MF York!

Post by Harvey Specter »

ASUCatFan wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
thenewazcats wrote:York was one of the few players who didn't stall the ball two seasons ago. His assist/TO ratio last year was elite. At one point late in the season, he had yet to turn over the ball more than once in a game. So the knock against his passing is unfounded.
Exactly... Lots of selective memories being utilized to justify previous positions.

I never publicly stated a previous opinion. His numbers may have been good, but he threw at least one lazy long pass per game which resulted in a turnover. Sometimes more. I was giving the kids props for working on that. I think he's been solid for the past month or so in that regard.

I'm related to a D1 Athlete playing a high profile sport and a major conference school. I don't go online and criticize players when they're struggling because I know how that feels as a family member. That said, I stand by my assertion that York was prone to throwing lazy passes and that he has obviously worked hard to fix the problem.
ASUCatfan... That comment was not directed at you - I do not remember all the vocal detractors but there were plenty of people who tore the kid apart. Every UA team has seemed to have its whipping boy(s)... From memory Fogg, Mayes, and York have gotten the worst of it during the Miller era.

I think Fogg was unfairly hammered for a kid with a limited upside who did the most with what he had... I thought Mayes was turrible.... And have always thought York could be a really good player who has taken longer than any of us would like to reach his potential; he also unfairly carrier the "horrible defender" label for longer than it was deserved. I've also liked the way the kid has handled himself since he has been here.

The only 2 Miller players who have ever deserved the hate that the 3 whipping boys have were Josiah and Sidiki - for non BB related reasons.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't remember the hate for Fogg like there was for Mayes. Mayes just absolutely did not live up to the potential he showed as a freshman.
Defense is Arizona's trademark as it showed again Saturday by throwing multiple defenders at D'Angelo Russell and limiting him to a season-worst 3 of 19 shooting night.

According the Russell it wasn't the defense or defenders, since no one can guard him. He just missed open shots.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote: According the Russell it wasn't the defense or defenders, since no one can guard him. He just missed open shots.
Ya know, I don't think he mentioned it in the post game, but wasn't there also a lot of times when he was just standing there wide open and nobody would pass him the ball?

Crappy team mates I guess.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Merkin wrote:I don't remember the hate for Fogg like there was for Mayes. Mayes just absolutely did not live up to the potential he showed as a freshman.
:shock:

Really? 97 used to tear Fogg to shreds on a regular basis. Mayes got a lot of hate as well, but he was also pretty lightly regarded coming out of high school. His problem was that he got a lot of playing time for a program which had been used to players with a higher skill level.

God... Death by Inches... I'm glad we made it out the other side of that period!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Fogg used to piss me off. He wasn't my whipping boy but I remember getting mad at him a lot. For some of his junior year and all of his senior year he ended up as one of my favorite players on those teams. Mayes on the other hand.. That dude pissed me off. I think he, Kyryl and Chris Rodgers were the only Arizona players I was glad to see leave.

I've always liked York a lot. I think I have always had realistic expectations with the kid. The only gripe is his shooting inconsistency and mental lapses on defense, both have which have improved every season, especially this one. He is going to be an important player for us next year and is a guy who will give us several 20 point games.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Merkin wrote: According the Russell it wasn't the defense or defenders, since no one can guard him. He just missed open shots.
Ya know, I don't think he mentioned it in the post game, but wasn't there also a lot of times when he was just standing there wide open and nobody would pass him the ball?

Crappy team mates I guess.
He sure got a lot of shots up for that.

Gabe had a huge game. Hopefully that will boost his confidence going forward in the tourney. A confident Gabe knocking down threes is a big weapon for us.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

Merkin wrote:I don't remember the hate for Fogg like there was for Mayes. Mayes just absolutely did not live up to the potential he showed as a freshman.
I have no idea if it was physical or mental but Mayes was never the same player again after he came back from the broken foot. One never knows, but I would guess his career would of gone different had he never gotten injured.
'ZONA97

Post by 'ZONA97 »

There are always whipping boys. In any era.

"Damnit Stokes!" was a refrain often heard in my home during the early '90s.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

baconus66 wrote:
I have no idea if it was physical or mental but Mayes was never the same player again after he came back from the broken foot. One never knows, but I would guess his career would of gone different had he never gotten injured.
Mayes was just a mental midget that wasn't that talented to begin with. If I recall, he shot in the 30s or 40s from the line his freshman year despite being very solid from three. That's a mental thing. His foot was not a viable excuse, as he seemed to appear to move just fine on defense. And he was a shooter, I can see the foot being an issue for someone who doesn't just stand behind the three point line and continue to jack up wide open misses.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Everyone's too hard on Mayes. He was always a three-star recruit, no better. Just because he didn't overachieve like Kyle Fogg doesn't mean he didn't work hard.

I'd rather recruit a whole team of Jordan Mayeses than another Chris Rodgers, any day, if I were Miller.
'ZONA97 wrote:There are always whipping boys. In any era.

"Damnit Stokes!" was a refrain often heard in my home during the early '90s.
This. Especially with the Stokes example. Tarczewski has great grip on his hands by comparison, and Stokes wasted his height after freshman year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Mayes shot 45% 3 point shots as a freshman. As a soph and junior he hit 30%, then as a senior 20%. Minutes peaked as a sophomore, but trended less after that year.

Shakur was another one who received a lot of criticism since he came out of HS with Chris Paul and rated 1 and 2 at PG, but never could overcome bad basketball IQ and a strange rotation on his shot. However, he did average over 6 assists per game as a senior, which had not been seen since, until TJ this year.

Also remember Shannon/Charmin/Ham Sandwich Frye?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Hope Gabe knocks em down again on Thursday. Pitts, Ashley and TJ too!
gumby

Post by gumby »

rgdeuce wrote:
baconus66 wrote:
Mayes was just a mental midget that wasn't that talented to begin with. If I recall, he shot in the 30s or 40s from the line his freshman year despite being very solid from three. That's a mental thing. His foot was not a viable excuse, as he seemed to appear to move just fine on defense. And he was a shooter, I can see the foot being an issue for someone who doesn't just stand behind the three point line and continue to jack up wide open misses.
Sigh.
Right where I want to be.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I just don't get the need to have "whipping boys" at the college level. These kids are clearly working hard or you would never see them. Some are better than evaluated, others never live up to the hype. The need to destroy a kid for not playing a game up to a hoped-for level speaks more to the issues of that person. It is one thing to criticize the play of an individual, but crossing into personal attacks of a kid playing a game, a kid who would give anything to play better, just, because said fan didn't get the result they wanted for their own bragging rights (wearing that replica jersey is hard work, you know) , is pretty sad
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Mental midget is a personal attack? You guys must have had some really nice coaches growing up.. Sports stop being about holding hands and everyone getting a trophy well before college..

Never said anything negative of a peer, or coworker? Another athlete at a rival school. I cant comment on an ex players mental toughness and make up, which is something that is always used in player evaluations, but everyone else can take Jahii to the woodshed because of the dude's grammar and insecurities.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Mental midget's are pretty easily identified.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

rgdeuce wrote:Mental midget is a personal attack? You guys must have had some really nice coaches growing up.. Sports stop being about holding hands and everyone getting a trophy well before college..

Never said anything negative of a peer, or coworker? Another athlete at a rival school. I cant comment on an ex players mental toughness and make up, which is something that is always used in player evaluations, but everyone else can take Jahii to the woodshed because of the dude's grammar and insecurities.
Most mammals don't eat their own.

But good thing the players have anonymous fans on message boards to keep 'em tough-minded.. Keep leading by example!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Jesus. I apologize for using a shorthand sports expression that is apparently too abrasive to use in the 21st century United States sports world.

Jordin Mayes did not have the mental makeup and toughness to deal with the pressures and demands of playing basketball at a top 10 division 1 program with high expectations of fans. He did not have the ability to forget the last missed shot and in turn, his confidence was shook and he was never the same player again.

Is that better? I preferred the quicker expression, which is commonly heard on a college field/court and most college athletes have the stones to shrug it off because they have heard worse from their own coaches, to people in the stands.

And while we are at it, can we please stop using the term "low basketball IQ." That's just a nicer way of saying the guy is dumb, isn't it?
Last edited by rgdeuce on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Oh, Christ...the "participation ribbon" argument...

Has nothing to do with it. Fans are fans, coaches are coaches. I have never, and will never (and I grew up back when men were men, I guess) understand the point in ripping college players who are showing full effort but fall short of expectations. Be it Mustafa, Kyle Fogg, or Jordin Mayes...if the kid is busting his ass in practice, the coaches have no issue with their effort, and they were simply not as good as believed, I think it is pretty sad for people to attack their character, yeah. Has nothing to do with coaches being tough, or whatever "good ole days" kneejerk response might be offered...grown men who go online and rip the shit out of college kids who bust their ass for failing to win a sport is sad.

As for "low basketball IQ", I agree it is overused, but it has its use...players who were not coached well growing up, or did not grow up around the game (the late sport convert), tend to make mistakes that players who have a better base in the game would not. I don't think it has to do with overall intelligence...some of the smartest people can freeze in sports due to overanalysis. But the phrase is used way too much, in improper context, and has become another phrase to improperly use to convey a message an analyst can't just come out and say like they want to, like "gritty, smart player" vs "athletic specimen"
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Where was I ripping the dude? I explained the reason behind the term I used. When I got gang raped for that, I fully explained what I meant by it. The mental aspect is part of sports, so making a statement about a deficiency in that (and you seem to be somewhat fine w low bball IQ, which is frequently used for guys who have played the game their whole lives and had good coaching), is the same as criticizing any other deficiency such as hustle, heart, defense, athletic ability, shooting, whatever.

I have said far worse about him and other players in my home, and I am not here repeating those things. If i was, I would agree. But no, I'm the " anonymous face on the internet who is too scared to say anything to someones face and never played competetive sports and am a loser for picking on a kid and have a miserable life and never get laid." Did I miss anything? Guess I was raised wrong, that perform or take a seat isn't the thing anymore. Because thats what this is about. You said I could criticize his play, thats fair game. Ok. Dude sucked. Now tell me whats more abrasive?

And please let me know what the line is here for being critical? At what age can we say someone is "not a wildcat" "not arizona good," etc. We have to wait for someone to leave or do something really bad to go to town on them like Josiah Turner, or call them a douche like Pastner (he is)?
gumby

Post by gumby »

"Gang raped." Drama giant.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Andy Katz's player of the week
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

he had a very good six minute stretch, one that Arizona had to have from him if it was going to win on the road in such a tough environment as Gonzaga. it is 100% undebateable that without those eye-popping six minutes that Arizona wins in Spokane.

York deserves props for taking the game by the throat and having the quinonas to take and MAKE those three threes during that stretch mentioned above -- that stretch catapulted AZ into a position to grab a hold of the game.

however, that six minute stretch camouflaged what i thought was an otherwise terrible game otherwise for him outside of the final assist to Anderson to ice the game.

as noted, i cant remove the parts i like and/or dont like and judge a player or their performance without looking at entirety; objectivity needs to look at the complete scope of work, and thus i think of the 35mins he played 8(ish) were of the exceptional quality and the remainder was mediocre to poor.

others have mentioned a givith and takith view of York, or even described it as a love-hate relationship? i would agree to a certain extent, except my perception of York is better described for me as hot-cold, not unlike his game on the floor tends to be, IMO.

at this stage for this team at this time im comfortable with that; my expectation accounts for the peaks and valleys in his game.

for this years team, whether i like it or not, Gabe York is going to be in the middle of both the successes and failures for our CATS, not unlike the other senior leaders and go-to guys that have come before him at Arizona.

it may not bring me the consistency or comfort that search for, but it sure can be exciting or infuriating -- his whole being tends to run the gamete of emotions on the floor.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

97cats wrote:he had a very good six minute stretch, one that Arizona had to have from him if it was going to win on the road in such a tough environment as Gonzaga. it is 100% undebateable that without those eye-popping six minutes that Arizona wins in Spokane.

York deserves props for taking the game by the throat and having the quinonas to take and MAKE those three threes during that stretch mentioned above -- that stretch catapulted AZ into a position to grab a hold of the game.

however, that six minute stretch camouflaged what i thought was an otherwise terrible game otherwise for him outside of the final assist to Anderson to ice the game.

as noted, i cant remove the parts i like and/or dont like and judge a player or their performance without looking at entirety; objectivity needs to look at the complete scope of work, and thus i think of the 35mins he played 8(ish) were of the exceptional quality and the remainder was mediocre to poor.

others have mentioned a givith and takith view of York, or even described it as a love-hate relationship? i would agree to a certain extent, except my perception of York is better described for me as hot-cold, not unlike his game on the floor tends to be, IMO.

at this stage for this team at this time im comfortable with that; my expectation accounts for the peaks and valleys in his game.

for this years team, whether i like it or not, Gabe York is going to be in the middle of both the successes and failures for our CATS, not unlike the other senior leaders and go-to guys that have come before him at Arizona.

it may not bring me the consistency or comfort that search for, but it sure can be exciting or infuriating -- his whole being tends to run the gamete of emotions on the floor.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

97cats wrote:he had a very good six minute stretch, one that Arizona had to have from him if it was going to win on the road in such a tough environment as Gonzaga. it is 100% undebateable that without those eye-popping six minutes that Arizona wins in Spokane.

agreed. And I think, in all reality, that it is his ability to have a stretch like that which is the main thing that actually will give us a chance to upset someone on the way to the Final Four. It's also the thing that could have us losing to a 13 seed in the first round (see Clara, Santa).

But with the team we have this year, won't we take that?! Not many would expect a FF and just the fact that he has the ability to drop in dagger after dagger from long distance gets me excited about the potential to be completely and pleasantly surprised by this team in March. I know there's a chance they will break my heart, but a loss to a 13 seed in the first round won't hurt nearly as much as the last two years and the high of catching lightning in a bottle and reaching the FF with this team could only ever be topped by 97
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Pretty good analysis by 97, and yes dc I think we should be good with taking his streaky nature on this team. He may shoot us out of some games, but he may also shoot us into some.

Without York we pretty much don't have an outside threat. So unless we want to see teams completely shut down RA and KT by packing their defense inside the 3-point line, we're going to need him to keep shooting even if he does miss a bunch in a row.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Chicat wrote:Pretty good analysis by 97, and yes dc I think we should be good with taking his streaky nature on this team. He may shoot us out of some games, but he may also shoot us into some.

Without York we pretty much don't have an outside threat. So unless we want to see teams completely shut down RA and KT by packing their defense inside the 3-point line, we're going to need him to keep shooting even if he does miss a bunch in a row.
True, although I do like Trier to start being more confident taking 3's (he's just too good of a shooter who needs to just stop taking NBA 3's and just take a step in) and, like I said in the Tolly thread, for some reason I think he is going to start hitting his. Also PJC has looked decent from behind the arc when he picks his spots (something he should be able to do as people sag off him quite often)

But it's clear that, at the moment, nobody is scared of anybody else besides York and that does make it tough on spacing for the bigs. Kadeem could certainly benefit from less people in the lane as he has been mostly hesitant to take the ball to the rim so far this year and that's supposed to be his best offensive skill.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I hate to do it but ... really dude? :lol:

gumby

Post by gumby »

In a sense, York will be like Fogg, though with better pieces around him. He will infuriate for not being better than he is. He will excite when he delivers.

And like Fogg, people will say "why is York taking that shot?" When in reality, the other options are worse. He is our threat from distance. Without him, we'd be easier to guard.

It is NOT his fault that Trier, Tollefsen and Pitts are all in a slump from distance. All are capable of shooting it much better.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Jefe, I know a message board where posting that gif is treasonous. Posters would accuse you of attacking York, because you supposedly hate York, and they cry and fall down and stay there until somebody comes and picks them up out of the dirt. Upon which they demand an apology.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:Jefe, I know a message board where posting that gif is treasonous. Posters would accuse you of attacking York, because you supposedly hate York, and they cry and fall down and stay there until somebody comes and picks them up out of the dirt. Upon which they demand an apology.
Thoughts and prayers to those folks.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Defender was in the circle. Not a bad idea to attack the basket. Had he tried to lay it in he likely would have drawn the foul.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:Defender was in the circle. Not a bad idea to attack the basket. Had he tried to lay it in he likely would have drawn the foul.
Yeah. I was not pleased with that play. Or the one where he rushed up the runner. Give and take.

Also Allen needs to know when to pull back on the break, rather than attack the 6-10 dudes.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:
Chicat wrote:Defender was in the circle. Not a bad idea to attack the basket. Had he tried to lay it in he likely would have drawn the foul.
Yeah. I was not pleased with that play. Or the one where he rushed up the runner. Give and take.

Also Allen needs to know when to pull back on the break, rather than attack the 6-10 dudes.
But speaking about Allen, it's pretty funny how in that play in the gif, York cuts hard, takes the pass from Anderson, and as four white shirts collapse on him near the rim, Allen stands unguarded on the weak side showing absolutely no expectation of getting the pass from York.

And speaking about the fast break, I loved York's willingness to pull up and take that three-pointer far behind the arc where the defender couldn't close out on him. I'd much rather see him take that every time instead of holding up and setting up the half-court offense. We all talk about York's strength with the catch-and-shoot, but he's also surefire off the dribble out there as long as his shot isn't contested. The breakaway pull-up from distance evokes memories of Salim in the second half of that road game in Lawrence in January.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Dishing it to Ristic might have been the better choice, no?

Anyhow, from Myron Medcalf at ESPN:
Gabe York is the leader Sean Miller has been searching for: Miller worried about leadership after losing T.J. McConnell. But after Saturday's come-from-behind win AT Gonzaga, this looks like York's team.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:
Except Ristic wasn't truly open until Gabe is in the lane and beginning his jump. To me the bad play is the attempted posterization. Not attacking the basket looking to score.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Agree. That kind of aggressiveness will do him and Trier well against teams without Gonzaga's front line.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:Agree. That kind of aggressiveness will do him and Trier well against teams without Gonzaga's front line.
Yep, especially that early in the game.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

You see a foul prone guy in the restricted area and an open lane. Sabonis is still moving into position, then takes a quick hop before jumping, all after Gabe starts his gather. We don't like the end result and the tomahawk attempt made it look much worse, but he took it up strong and that is going to be whistled as a foul more times than not. Im not mad at it. We get down when Gabe chucks, so I welcome the aggressiveness.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

rgdeuce wrote:You see a foul prone guy in the restricted area and an open lane. Sabonis is still moving into position, then takes a quick hop before jumping, all after Gabe starts his gather. We don't like the end result and the tomahawk attempt made it look much worse, but he took it up strong and that is going to be whistled as a foul more times than not. Im not mad at it. We get down when Gabe chucks, so I welcome the aggressiveness.
Agreed. I like how York took it strong to the basket. Sabonis made a great play to negate. Next time York needs to be aware that unless the defender is arriving a little late, he needs to finish the play differently or feed Ristic who would've had an easy dunk (hindsight).

As for Myron Medcalf, Arizona doesn't need York to be "the guy." He was the guy for one game vs. Gonzaga. That's good. And he's gonna need to hit some big shots in some big games down the road.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat wrote:Except Ristic wasn't truly open until Gabe is in the lane and beginning his jump. To me the bad play is the attempted posterization. Not attacking the basket looking to score.
He could have channeled his inner white chocolate with a little behind the back pass

Andy Katz names Gabe player of the week:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14311466" target="_blank

He is having a hell of a year

gumby

Post by gumby »

Puerco wrote:

Gabe York is the leader Sean Miller has been searching for: Miller worried about leadership after losing T.J. McConnell. But after Saturday's come-from-behind win AT Gonzaga, this looks like York's team.
Overstated, from a guy who hasn't show much knowledge of Cat ball over the years. Captain Anderson is the leader, and this whole "this is so and so's team" is a media construct.

As for the attempted dunk: Watching it live, it never looked like it was going to work.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:
Puerco wrote:

Overstated, from a guy who hasn't show much knowledge of Cat ball over the years. Captain Anderson is the leader, and this whole "this is so and so's team" is a media construct.

As for the attempted dunk: Watching it live, it never looked like it was going to work.
Didn't look like it was going to work on TV either. He had a bunch of "No Gabe!" moments against the Zags. A bunch of them went in the basket though, so it's hard to be too mad.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I can't remember the last time, scratch that...any time I've read something Myron Medcalf has written about Arizona and thought "Yup, he nailed it."
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Throw out Gabe's craptastic game vs Santa Clara, it looks like he is 19-40 from three this year, 47.5%.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

rgdeuce wrote:Throw out Gabe's craptastic game vs Santa Clara, it looks like he is 19-40 from three this year, 47.5%.
Get what you're saying, but the "throw out this and that" game amounts to nothing.

I'm glad that Gabe has a good shot, cause he does. I don't like some of (most of) the shot selections.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

It doesn't. But for a guy who is largely regarded as inconsistent, killing us, and a guy who has been the second biggest whipping boy on this team (behind Tollefsen), one brutal game that drops your 3pt percentage 7.5 points can be viewed as an outlier. If you got a pitcher who has given up 2 earned runs or less in his last 8 outings, outside of one rough outing where he gave up 7 earned in four innings, who are you giving the ball to in a game 7?

If we include that game, he is still shooting 40 percent. And if you can shoot 40 percent, on this team who has absolutely no three point shooting otherwise (thus far), and be called a chucker, then chuck away. And for people who want to bring up the timing of his shots, you have to account for the good and the bad. How many of those threes did he take in the early second half were all of us going, "no Gabe... YES!!"

Gabe isnt our best player, or most important, but absent a continued emergence from Trier, a great Gabe performance is what separates this team from a possible exit in the round of 32 to a final four, and everything in between. If the team is healthy, and you tell me that Gabe is going to drop 20 and be 4-7 from deep, I will take us against almost anyone. We don't entirely live or die by Gabe, but he is very very important.
Last edited by rgdeuce on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

He was also 2-8 from 3 in the other two games in CA.

Look, he's a good shooter...and can hit for a good percentage. But not every shot he takes is a good shot (and he's far from the only one putting up some bad shots).

I like when he hits a 3, when it goes in. But I like more when the second 3 he takes right after that made one, goes in. Cause that's the thing. If Gabe hits, another is going up right after. I think he makes our team better for the most part, I just wish he had some better decision making. That's all.

Oh and I think Tolly has been improving over the past couple of games. I like him off the bench, and Trier starting for the rest of the year.