Brandon Williams

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: Brandon Williams

Post by ChooChooCat »

YoDeFoe wrote:Anyone see that BW is now the 22nd ranked player and a full five star again?

According to 24/7, and look who he's next to...

Good Christ, we should've had these two playing along side each other. Could the FBI be any more worthless?

That's Deron Williams and Dee Brown sharing a backcourt together.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:Anyone see that BW is now the 22nd ranked player and a full five star again?

According to 24/7, and look who he's next to...

Good Christ, we should be had these two playing along side each other. Could the FBI be any more worthless?
I was so happy when we had that in place. Geez, that was a good few months.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Worst part of it is neither is a for sure one and done and likely would have played together for a couple of years
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

NYCat wrote:
What a kid. Will be an instant fan favorite.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Seriously. Everyone else pretty much bailed.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Reef looking as dumb as his Big Dumbass dad.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Already a legend before he set foot on campus. Probably means we will get another final four while he is here. You know, destiny.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Evan Daniels spoke after the game on FS1..
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So we may have 0 commits for 2018. At this rate I don't know if we can field a team next season.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ASUHATER! wrote:So we may have 0 commits for 2018. At this rate I don't know if we can field a team next season.
This is gonna sound crazy, but I'm not worried. The program's stability was restored today, or at least greatly improved. The full extent of the damage done by ESPN may still be unrealized, but hearing from Sean today and hearing the robust endorsement of UofA's president and ABOR has gotten things back on track. No idea what BW will decide. But whatever he decides, the program will weather this storm.

Shareef seemed to be looking for a reason to de-commit. I can't think of another reason why he would jump ship so quickly. So to heck with him. He'll be playing for a weaker coach at a program that has underachieved again and again recently.

I hope BW sticks with AZ. He has a great opportunity to play right away next season and help us rebuild. But if he goes elsewhere, Sean will find players. Don't worry.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Here's the video btw
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

ASUHATER! wrote:So we may have 0 commits for 2018. At this rate I don't know if we can field a team next season.
If none of this year's freshmen transfer or declare (obviously aside from Ayton), next year's squad will still have Randolph, Lee, Alkot, and Jeter as starters with either Barcello or Williams at the point. That is a legitimate starting line-up. If Williams stays committed, then Barcello and Smith come off the bench for a 7 man rotation. Granted, the front-line is thin under that scenario, but one has to assume with a transfer, there could be another big out there that can play bench minutes. So, assuming everyone aside from Ayton stays, next year's squad will be competitive in the Pac-12. Yes, UCLA has a big class on paper, but so did AZ this year, and everyone knows outside of Ayton, the freshman class has been slow to develop (it isn't as if Kentucky's heralded freshman class has done wonders this year either), and that could easily be the case with UCLA next year.

Williams has to assess his options, but he is looking at being part of a good starting line-up next year at a major program, with the possibility of a post-season ban, but the NCAA will not be able to make a move until the FBI investigation is over, and it does not look like the timing will be such that the NCAA can mount an investigation into Arizona where it will impact next year's tournament status. O'Neil was an early commit, he clearly liked Arizona a long time ago. One wonders if second-guesses his quick decision to bail and commit somewhere else so quickly because of the bogus ESPN story. At the same time, from the outside looking in, AZ has seemed unstable going into next year, so maybe he just wanted a safer option. Hopefully Williams still sees this as an opportunity and hopefully Miller can sell him and his family on next year's opportunities.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well Lee, Randolph, Barcello and Akot have all been huge let downs, so either way it's a huge drop off in starting 5 quality for next season.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ASUHATER! wrote:Well Lee, Randolph, Barcello and Akot have all been huge let downs, so either way it's a huge drop off in starting 5 quality for next season.
I think Randolph is going to be the one who takes a huge leap. We've seen flashes of what he is capable of, but it looks like he has lost all confidence in his jumper. The summer will help with that, as well the significant bump in minutes he will get next season. Akot is good for a few off-ball brain farts a game, but I have been more than happy with him in recent weeks. Miller obviously is as well, evidenced by his increased minutes. Lee and Barcello just need more time, still think they are going to do good things for us next year and beyond. Wont be what we are used to at Arizona, but I still think Miller has an ace or two up his sleeve to add to that team.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

midnightx wrote:
If none of this year's freshmen transfer or declare (obviously aside from Ayton), next year's squad will still have Randolph, Lee, Alkot, and Jeter as starters with either Barcello or Williams at the point. That is a legitimate starting line-up. If Williams stays committed, then Barcello and Smith come off the bench for a 7 man rotation. .
Hows about a starting 5 of Jeter, Akot, Randolph, Smith, and Williams?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote:
If none of this year's freshmen transfer or declare (obviously aside from Ayton), next year's squad will still have Randolph, Lee, Alkot, and Jeter as starters with either Barcello or Williams at the point. That is a legitimate starting line-up. If Williams stays committed, then Barcello and Smith come off the bench for a 7 man rotation. .
That's a tournament team.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Totally and with no departure and an uppperclassman team in two years, a contender.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Fwiw I've got the perfect grad transfer PG in mind if Williams does bolt lol.
tucsonsean

Post by tucsonsean »

rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Is Alkins for sure gone? Seems like it may do him some good to spend another year if he can stay healthy.
prh

Post by prh »

tucsonsean wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Is Alkins for sure gone? Seems like it may do him some good to spend another year if he can stay healthy.
Choo didn't you hint at a possible unexpected returnee? I've been thinking Rawle needs to come back for his own good. Would be the unquestioned leader on the team too.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

prh wrote:
tucsonsean wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Choo didn't you hint at a possible unexpected returnee? I've been thinking Rawle needs to come back for his own good. Would be the unquestioned leader on the team too.
I'd be interested to see what Choo or 97 have to say on this for sure. I'm sure he will test out the waters just like last year and get some feedback. Maybe it will be based upon that whether or not he leaves. Also perhaps how we end up doing this year and how things settle down (hopefully) with Miller and the program. I think outside chance (25%???) that he returns.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Considering everything that has gone down this wouldn't be horrible. Likely not a final 4 team....but exciting and young. You also probably need a bigger 4 (grad transfer).
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

NYCat wrote:Evan Daniels spoke after the game on FS1..
BDub and his family can read message boards too, and no doubt does. There were over 200 guests checking out the Sean Miller thread the last couple of days.

If he thinks Miller is going to bail end of season like was mentioned in that thread, I would leave my options open too.

I also imagine Miller and BDub do keep in touch.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

ASUHATER! wrote:Well Lee, Randolph, Barcello and Akot have all been huge let downs, so either way it's a huge drop off in starting 5 quality for next season.
As freshmen. They will be different players next year; highly rated recruits with a year of college basketball under their belts. The talent is there.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ChooChooCat wrote:Fwiw I've got the perfect grad transfer PG in mind if Williams does bolt lol.
You know of any 4s or 5s? Any JUCO guys?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:
NYCat wrote:Evan Daniels spoke after the game on FS1..
BDub and his family can read message boards too, and no doubt does. There were over 200 guests checking out the Sean Miller thread the last couple of days.

If he thinks Miller is going to bail end of season like was mentioned in that thread, I would leave my options open too.

I also imagine Miller and BDub do keep in touch.
Exactly. And it just may be that Miller is now locked in on a long term future with Arizona and recruiting accordingly. Of course, that involves his communications with current commits.

This has been a unique week, and it's no stretch to see how this week might have changed everything.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Doutrieve can handle the ball apparently, nice CG
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

prh wrote:
tucsonsean wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote:
I wouldn't blame him for leaving considering all the BS we have gone through and the reality of serious injury already hitting him. That said, he would have a chance to improve his stock on a team that would be essentially his. He seems a half-step slow on both ends this year (could be the injury), which I'm guessing would cause many teams to pause on taking him when you factor in the inconsistent shooting thus far (could be because of him missing so much time).
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Fwiw I've got the perfect grad transfer PG in mind if Williams does bolt lol.
I listed a few grad transfer options who are 4s and 5s, here's a few:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... jah-minnie" target="_blank
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... on-menzies" target="_blank
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... n-mekowulu" target="_blank

Doesn't mean any of these guys will be grad transfers, but they would qualify to do so.

Here's the PG who could grad transfer:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... jon-elmore" target="_blank

As far as JUCOs go here's a list of a bunch of players. I'm not even going to attempt to begin navigating this stuff though.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Any tj’s?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

You the real MVP Choo
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

Elmore looks like he could be solid player with an improved 3pt % and cuts down on the TO/Game. Bringing the 3pt FG% from 34% to 37-38% and getting the TO down to 2.5/game but keeping assist #'s. Overall solid points/assists/rebounding numbers.
ChooChooCat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
I listed a few grad transfer options who are 4s and 5s, here's a few:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... jah-minnie" target="_blank
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... on-menzies" target="_blank
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... n-mekowulu" target="_blank

Doesn't mean any of these guys will be grad transfers, but they would qualify to do so.

As far as JUCOs go here's a list of a bunch of players. I'm not even going to attempt to begin navigating this stuff though.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Want
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Want
Me too... I am already swooning.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So what is the thought on Coach for next year. I know we are standing behind him through this year and beyond but is the thought now he will stick with us for awhile? Are we just looking at available players not necessarily guys Miller is recruiting? It would seem more likely to me that he would be here next year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

jajoyce wrote:Elmore looks like he could be solid player with an improved 3pt % and cuts down on the TO/Game. Bringing the 3pt FG% from 34% to 37-38% and getting the TO down to 2.5/game but keeping assist #'s. Overall solid points/assists/rebounding numbers.
Keep in mind he shoots as much as he does because he fricken has to. It's Marshall.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

He gone
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

That hurts. Now you start to wonder if we've been in contact with him and what those conversations look like. Because if we can't be upfront and say "Miller is the coach next year," next year could be a little ugly.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Hopefully we get some clarity about the future of Arizona and Miller during / following the tournament and we can assure recruits with that.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

This whole situation has been tumultuous. There would be good reason for Miller to be supportive of recruits in opening up their recruitments. That does happen. It hasn't happened at Arizona since Bayless, but Arizona had been stable for a long time before recently.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

phxcat23 wrote:That hurts. Now you start to wonder if we've been in contact with him and what those conversations look like. Because if we can't be upfront and say "Miller is the coach next year," next year could be a little ugly.
For Williams, it does seem like he explicitly didn't close the door and our future is realistically so touch and go. We're gonna need to re-recruit.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Hoping Brandon Williams doesn't know something we don't know.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Let the season play out. Sheesh.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
killervibe

Post by killervibe »

I was hoping he had the character and fortitude to stand by his commitment and Coach Miller. I guess not.
Disclaimer: Posts may not be suitable for the overly sensitive, feebleminded, or criminally insane. In the event I offend you, please take a big step back and literally GFY.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

So he breaks his leg and we are the only team to not back away and we hit a hard patch and he (very respectively) backs away from us. That’s kinda shity. I do believe he he will recommit to us. Maybe this forces Miller to go back to high 4star kids for 3-4 years and maybe once a year land a top 25 kid. Look it’s working for Virginia and Villanova.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Hoping Brandon Williams doesn't know something we don't know.
I don't know Brandon Williams, but here's my best logic here:

Right now things are looking better, but it's a long way from secure. Even if Miller beat back the wire talk, we're still on the hook for Book.

If I'm Williams, I'd want to see that guys like Randolph, Akot and Lee are sticking it out. He doesn't want to be a PG with no one to pass to.

It all leads to this, he needs a Plan A and Plan B. Are we A or B? I don't balme him for having a Plan B, though. ESPN screwed us hard even if that report is completely debunked.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Hoping Brandon Williams doesn't know something we don't know.

Right now things are looking better, but it's a long way from secure. Even if Miller beat back the wire talk, we're still on the hook for Book.

If I'm Williams, I'd want to see that guys like Randolph, Akot and Lee are sticking it out. He doesn't want to be a PG with no one to pass to.

It all leads to this, he needs a Plan A and Plan B. Are we A or B? I don't balme him for having a Plan B, though. ESPN screwed us hard even if that report is completely debunked.
Is Williams decommittal indicative of Miller not being back next year?
phxcat23

Post by phxcat23 »

Also what if Williams had benefits lined up, and due to all of this stuff coming out, either doesn't want to get caught up, or is informed to back out? Just looking at it in a different way.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Is Williams decommittal indicative of Miller not being back next year?
Without knowing anything about the reason, I would GUESS the decommittal is indicative of the fact that the media (namely ESPN) is constantly putting out the narrative that Miller is guilty. As a player, Williams probably doesn't think it is worth the risk if it turns out they are right.