If Sean Miller is fired, who should replace him?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: If Sean Miller is fired, who should replace him?

Post by PHXCATS »

Nm
Last edited by PHXCATS on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Choo, any grief I gave you in the past. I’m sorry.
Brother I yearn to be back in the days where you and I can argue about AdjD or overall expectations for the team after my overreactions over a week or two of play :lol:. The quicker we can get back to that the better.
I wonder if kenpom’s AdjD algorithm can adjust for a team having to carry the world’s shit on their shoulders. “The raw numbers say Arizona is 289 out of 356 D1 schools, but when you adjust for the Schlabach factor, they are actually trotting out the 13th best defense in the country!”
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Brother I yearn to be back in the days where you and I can argue about AdjD or overall expectations for the team after my overreactions over a week or two of play :lol:. The quicker we can get back to that the better.
I wonder if kenpom’s AdjD algorithm can adjust for a team having to carry the world’s shit on their shoulders. “The raw numbers say Arizona is 289 out of 356 D1 schools, but when you adjust for the Schlabach factor, they are actually trotting out the 13th best defense in the country!”
Great post man.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:The next coach isn’t the big hire. It’s the coach after that.

Like in 4 years.
Yup.

Get our how clean, re oil the well oiled machine, build up the war chest and then get the next up and coming lute.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Truth
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Even though I am certainly OK with Romar when Heeke asks me, I was a student during the Snowden-Lindsey-Olson transition. Could not even give seats away.

Lute righted the ship pretty quickly finding hidden gems like Steve Kerr. It's a different game ow I know with the internet and recruiting services but it can be done

Romar ball was really fun to watch during the Nate Rob years.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Considering we're going to have the NCAA death penalty thanks to Miller and his crooks we need someone that will be cool with only having 7 scholarships and a multi-year postseason ban.

Bruce Fraser if we can pry him from Kerr would bring the GSW aura and we actually might have more than 3 fast breaks per game.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

RiseAndFire wrote:Considering we're going to have the NCAA death penalty thanks to Miller and his crooks we need someone that will be cool with only having 7 scholarships and a multi-year postseason ban.

Bruce Fraser if we can pry him from Kerr would bring the GSW aura and we actually might have more than 3 fast breaks per game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was the best laugh I have had in a week. If Penn State, Baylor, and Louisville didn't get the death penalty, you're an idiot if you think Arizona will.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
He has a luck metric. We should be dead last on the program level.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

btfd16 wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:Considering we're going to have the NCAA death penalty thanks to Miller and his crooks we need someone that will be cool with only having 7 scholarships and a multi-year postseason ban.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was the best laugh I have had in a week. If Penn State, Baylor, and Louisville didn't get the death penalty, you're an idiot if you think Arizona will.
NCAA rules do not allow the death penalty unless you violate while having been on probation within the last 5 years. Book's violations were outside 5 years for the pizza, so unless we catch a violation from before that, we're not even eligible for the death penalty.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

NCAA rules do not allow the death penalty unless you violate while having been on probation within the last 5 years. Book's violations were outside 5 years for the pizza, so unless we catch a violation from before that, we're not even eligible for the death penalty.

Stop with the facts. R&F not interested.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

Stop with the facts. R&F not interested.
Rise and Fire's a troll who can't even use Google correctly.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

No one's mentioned Bobby Hurley?
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

I feel really dirty. Even as a joke I threw up in my mouth a little.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

is that why we have one recruit left , soon to be zero?

"arizona basketball: ALIVE AND WELL" - spaceman spiff
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

You never disappoint in bringing the median IQ on this board down dozens of points.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

zonagrad wrote:

You never disappoint in bringing the median IQ on this board down dozens of points.
says the fool that actually believed miller when he claimed he was innocent after Books arrest! lolol
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

RiseAndFire wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

How did you go from Spiff stating facts about the death penalty and equating it to current recruits?
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Why do people respond to this guy. There's no reasoning.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RiseAndFire wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
btfd16 wrote:

I assume you're not addressing my actual point because you know I'm right and you're wrong. Good for you, that's a solid internet debating tactic.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Phylek wrote:No one's mentioned Bobby Hurley?
We should hire him just to fire him....put a "if you don't last 30 days, no buy out" then fire him for cause...being a little bitch.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

I still think Matt Brase is the perfect hire in this scenario.

I wouldn’t cry over Bryce Drew.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

RiseAndFire wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

says the fool that actually believed miller when he claimed he was innocent after Books arrest! lolol
I don't convict and execute people on rumors and innuendo. You're the Robespierre of this board. And nobody. Nobody. Nobody wants you here or cares what you think. Yet here you are again.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

zonagrad wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:
zonagrad wrote:

I don't convict and execute people on rumors and innuendo. You're the Robespierre of this board. And nobody. Nobody. Nobody wants you here or cares what you think. Yet here you are again.
My top Google history is now:

Robespierre
Arizona NCAA probation
Seis kitchen
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Spiff/zonagrad, you're a few of the guys off in fantasyland where Miller is going to be totally vindicated and bankrupt ESPN with his defamation lawsuit, right? So Im not even sure why youre even in a thread about replacement coaches trying to score a pathetic brownie point on ncaa terminology.

Go back to the ESPN Conspiracy Thread with the other Miller fanboys and keep searching for real killer for us, deal?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RiseAndFire wrote:Spiff/zonagrad, you're a few of the guys off in fantasyland where Miller is going to be totally vindicated and bankrupt ESPN with his defamation lawsuit, right? So Im not even sure why youre even in a thread about replacement coaches trying to score a pathetic brownie point on ncaa terminology.

Go back to the ESPN Conspiracy Thread with the other Miller fanboys and keep searching for real killer for us, deal?
I don't focus on one thread. I lurk in a particular designated zone (the basketball board) and handle my responsibilities within that zone. I'm surprised you don't identify more with that.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:I still think Matt Brase is the perfect hire in this scenario.
Not saying he should get the job, but hes done very, very well with the Rocket's G-League team. He's won a title as coach, he has a few years of experience, plus was the Rockets director of player development for two seasons.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

TucsonClip wrote:
BibbysTowelDude wrote:I still think Matt Brase is the perfect hire in this scenario.
Not saying he should get the job, but hes done very, very well with the Rocket's G-League team. He's won a title as coach, he has a few years of experience, plus was the Rockets director of player development for two seasons.
Woah big fan

Is he really Lute's grandkid?

http://riograndevalley.gleague.nba.com/ ... ead-coach/" target="_blank
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Beachcat97 wrote:Does Jay Wright have any promising assistants? That program is thriving as much as any these days.
Hard pass on Villanova assistants.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
Woah big fan

http://www.themonitor.com/sports/rio_gr ... 8939.html

He seems like he has serious chops. We know he is a Wildcat.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I've worked four of Brase's G League games courtside the last two years. Dude works the refs like crazy.

EDIT: Big Joe Blair's still his assistant, too.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
Woah big fan

Yep. A few of us here went to high school with him and Julie. Shame she got hurt at Arizona.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I guess I will play...

Kerr and Walton team up again and return to their alma-mater. Kerr turns it over to Luke after 2 years.

In all seriousness for me it would be

Walton
Everyone else

Pie in the sky but I can hope.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Kerr has already said he won't coach college ball. Can't imagine any working NBA coach for that matter and have to deal with the NCAA and the endless recruiting.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
Woah big fan

I had to guard Matt Brase a few times in high school. My freshman year he abused me for the 4 or 5 minutes I was on him and I remember thinking something along the lines of, "This isn't fair, Lute taught him everything!"
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

I am very excited for the return of RiseAndFire when the university announces they are backing Miller. The responses are most definitely going to be civil and full of insightful thoughts.