Longhorned

Re: POY, COY, etc.

Post by Longhorned »

I'm just waiting for some good news.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Chicat wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:It is shit like this plus our officiating that make our conference the laughing stock of the power conferences. I just hope we run roughshod through everyone in Vegas and Larry himself has to hand us the trophy.
I'm sure Larry will have some kind of scheduling conflict with the second round of a women's golf tourney and won't be able to make it.
Sounds par for the course.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Enfield is on the list. Most definitely.
right at the top
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

WildcatStunner wrote:
Chicat wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:It is shit like this plus our officiating that make our conference the laughing stock of the power conferences. I just hope we run roughshod through everyone in Vegas and Larry himself has to hand us the trophy.
I'm sure Larry will have some kind of scheduling conflict with the second round of a women's golf tourney and won't be able to make it.
Sounds par for the course.
Oooh, well struck...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Longhorned wrote:I'm just waiting for some good news.
i will be in Vegas -- thats good news
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

1. Who is Joseph young? Lol
2. Gp2?
3. What a joke this conference is.
4. Pac12 should be on notice, arizona is pissed and ready to go.
5. I LOVE this time of year.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

The Pac can't control the NCAA tourney.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The officials better be on their best behavior to avoid any further impression that that isn't the case. Because unfortunately the suspicion isn't unfounded.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The officials better be on their best behavior to avoid any further impression that that isn't the case. Because unfortunately the suspicion isn't unfounded.
I'm hoping we see zero Pac refs in our draw.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I hope that SJ and RHJ don't lose their cool and somehow get T'ed up or ejected, when these refs start screwing us this week. We saw a little preview against Stanford.
Zero

Post by Zero »

They won't get ejected but I expect some chippy play. Our team is full of classless thugs according to Stanford fans.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Zero wrote:They won't get ejected but I expect some chippy play. Our team is full of classless thugs according to Stanford fans.
Well, our path is looking like:

WSU/Cal
UCLA
Utah/Oregon

Very, very remote chance we see Stanford again. It'll be chippy, for sure. But I expect three wins this week, all the more now that they just lit a massive fire under TJ.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Sorry, I misread. I was thinking of Vegas.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

TJ did win NCAA player of the week!

But in true Pac 12 style... he didn't win Pac 12 player of the week!!!!!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote: The Pac can't control the NCAA tourney.
Sorry, I misread. I was thinking of Vegas.
I figured, because we're definitely on the screwing block in Vegas.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Alieberman wrote:TJ did win NCAA player of the week!

:roll: This conference is insane.
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

This is stupid. RHJ and TJ got robbed. Unless MVP is a different award than poy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The next time Bill Walton gives us that "Conference of Champions" bullshit I might just vomit on myself. Maybe back in your day big fella, but today its the conference of idiocy.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

I honestly had to think for a moment what team Joseph Young was on. Oregon right? Holy crap this conference is a joke.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Chicat wrote:

The next time Bill Walton gives us that "Conference of Champions" bullshit I might just vomit on myself. Maybe back in your day big fella, but today its the conference of idiocy.
I have a feeling Bill's main topic this week will be how idiotic the voting was. Should make the tournament extra fun to watch.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:

I've always felt like the "Conference of Champions" thing was Bill's way of indirectly referencing UCLA, who remains the program with the most NCs. He seems to disavow most direct points of affiliation with his alma mater, choosing instead to focus solely on Wooden. The man, not the school. But "Conference of Champions" really only makes sense if you take it to mean the conference with the team who has won the most NCs. Just a theory.

Bill takes a lot of a flak, but I actually think he's amusing as hell. He's so koo-koo a lot of the time that it can make an otherwise boring game quite entertaining.
NETSFAN4HASSAN

Post by NETSFAN4HASSAN »

Not even surprised...

The way Miller and our Cats put a whopping on these bums; it takes a toll on them. You think Martin or Alford will support anything we do? Miller practically chooses who he wants out of that state. Those fuckers and this conference are jealous, bitter, trolls.

We just need to smash them; AGAIN this week. Will make it that much better. Trust me, everyone knows what's going on here.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

NETSFAN4HASSAN

Post by NETSFAN4HASSAN »

Where's that ewok, notifying them, to prepare that body part?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I've always felt like the "Conference of Champions" thing was Bill's way of indirectly referencing UCLA, who remains the program with the most NCs. He seems to disavow most direct points of affiliation with his alma mater, choosing instead to focus solely on Wooden. The man, not the school. But "Conference of Champions" really only makes sense if you take it to mean the conference with the team who has won the most NCs. Just a theory.

Bill takes a lot of a flak, but I actually think he's amusing as hell. He's so koo-koo a lot of the time that it can make an otherwise boring game quite entertaining.
It's straight PR from the conference itself. He didn't invent the term.

http://pac-12.com/content/about-pac-12-conference

Simply a reference to a conference that has won the most NCs in all sports combined (tennis, water polo, softball, etc).
Last edited by gumby on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right where I want to be.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

NETSFAN4HASSAN wrote:Where's that ewok, notifying them, to prepare that body part?
Google search has several versions:

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Most of us expected this. What a joke. Only explained by bitter, jealous and envious coaches. Joseph Young? I could have lived with Delon Wright. And this is two years in a row we have gotten hosed on DPOY. Like someone else said, f*cking Stanley over would have been too obvious as to what is going on here.

Whatever. I wish we had options, I am sick of this cocksucking conference.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It would make sense that BeachCat didn't know that was an official term and he just assumed it was something to do with uCla.

Which, quite frankly, it does have alot to do with...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
NETSFAN4HASSAN

Post by NETSFAN4HASSAN »

84Cat wrote:
NETSFAN4HASSAN wrote:Where's that ewok, notifying them, to prepare that body part?

:lol:
NETSFAN4HASSAN

Post by NETSFAN4HASSAN »

rgdeuce wrote:Most of us expected this. What a joke. Only explained by bitter, jealous and envious coaches. Joseph Young? I could have lived with Delon Wright. And this is two years in a row we have gotten hosed on DPOY. Like someone else said, f*cking Stanley over would have been too obvious as to what is going on here.

Whatever. I wish we had options, I am sick of this cocksucking conference.
+1000

If Wright won; definitely could understand and respect that. But that transfer chucker? Who couldn't do shit against us or Utah?

Conference is trash!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:

If you're not a traditionalist:

gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Anal ramming as the default weapon of choice ... I'm I the only one here who hasn't done time?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Hey, fuegs? Remember all that BS you spouted about Big 12 teams winning the Pac-12?

Arizona may be ready pretty soon to take your bet. Certainly I am, and most likely too is J.B. Long, Pac-12 Network employee that he is.

Elgin Cook, Davonte Lacey and Tyrone Wallace over Brandon Ashley...holy Christ, that's wrong. On paper, using the eye test, by any objective standard.

Josh Hawkinson should not even have sniffed a major conference award. Rondae posterized him in Pullman and it wasn't even one of his top five dunks.

What a popularity contest these awards are becoming. These are participation ribbons masquerading as merit-based honors, guys.

I'll spread some blame away from the refs from the way games are "engineered" in this conference and around--generously, I might add--to our contract-clinging coaches at Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Stanford, USC, UCLA and possibly Oregon or Wazzu.

These guys can't compete on a Top 25 level and have to resort to petty little award-scavenging to justify the jobs they're doing.

If this were truly a conference of basketball champions, Mr. Bill Walton, the current coaches of those above-mentioned schools would've been out on their @$$es years ago.

I am disgusted. Whatever sh*t happens in Vegas now, conference tournament win or no, the fraternity has been broken.

And whatever doubt anyone had in their minds about Arizona having a letdown against its remaining nine opponents is now as burned to ash as those postseason honors should be. You're on notice, Pac-12.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

http://www.hoophallawards.com/vote.php

VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Even though Rondae and TJ were royally boned today, I would like to send some congrats to Stanley Johnson.

Should be joining at least Channing Frye next season in the programs ring of honor, assuming Channing plays next season, his 10th and criteria meeting season in the NBA.

Rondae I believe if he stays healthy should have a 10+ year career and should join them.

I really hope T.J. wins the Cousy Award or maybe even the Final Four MVP :mrgreen: so he can get his!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:Anal ramming as the default weapon of choice ... I'm I the only one here who hasn't done time?

Me in real life:

the worst thing about prison: http://youtu.be/-48OFresMkI
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:Josh Hawkinson should not even have sniffed a major conference award. Rondae posterized him in Pullman and it wasn't even one of his top five dunks.
I thought Hawkinson absolutely deserved his award. From nowhere to 10+ rebounds a game is definitely worthy of recognition.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

What if TJ wins the WAC-12 tourny MVP does that count for the ring of honor?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Josh Hawkinson should not even have sniffed a major conference award. Rondae posterized him in Pullman and it wasn't even one of his top five dunks.
I thought Hawkinson absolutely deserved his award. From nowhere to 10+ rebounds a game is definitely worthy of recognition.
You think it'll be a stepping stone to a bigger basketball career for Hawkinson, though? Me neither.

Kaleb Tarczewski deserved as much consideration, especially considering his draftability.

Kent had class things to say about Miller up there after the loss, but I have no doubt he's adding this award to HIS resume' as we speak--even though I don't think Kent had much to do with it.

Maybe that's nitpicking on my part, but considering how guard- and wing-heavy the lists were, it says something about the coaches that big men weren't in the running--for Hawkinson's and so many other honors.

Brandon Ashley "Honorable Mention"...what a crock.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
You think it'll be a stepping stone to a bigger basketball career for Hawkinson, though? Me neither.

Kaleb Tarczewski deserved as much consideration, especially considering his draftability.

Kent had class things to say about Miller up there after the loss, but I have no doubt he's adding this award to HIS resume' as we speak--even though I don't think Kent had much to do with it.

Maybe that's nitpicking on my part, but considering how guard- and wing-heavy the lists were, it says something about the coaches that big men weren't in the running--for Hawkinson's and so many other honors.

Brandon Ashley "Honorable Mention"...what a crock.
Wait, we are talking about Hawkinson winning Most Improved, right? Not sure how Kaleb could win that one.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
Absolutely. Who else? No-brainer.
gumby

Post by gumby »

3goggles wrote:What if TJ wins the WAC-12 tourny MVP does that count for the ring of honor?
Deserving of Wizard status.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
84Cat wrote:
This is actually more surprising to me than any of the other snubs.
The more I think, the more this rings true. It is nuts that Ashley and Zeus don't make second team at the least. I understand us not sweeping first team with Wright, but Ashley and Zeus are massive omissions.

The whole thing's a joke.
mofo

Post by mofo »

I noticed quite a few times this season (ok maybe every time that I recall) when we're up 20-30 pts with under 4 minutes left and the starters are still in and York is still bombing 3's. CSM usually doesn't pull them until the 2 min mark regardless of how large a lead we have. I wonder if this rubs some of the coaches the wrong way and leads to BS like this when they get their little chance at pay back.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

They gotta spread the love to make everyone else in this cocksucking conference feel adequate.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

mofo wrote:I noticed quite a few times this season (ok maybe every time that I recall) when we're up 20-30 pts with under 4 minutes left and the starters are still in and York is still bombing 3's. CSM usually doesn't pull them until the 2 min mark regardless of how large a lead we have. I wonder if this rubs some of the coaches the wrong way and leads to BS like this when they get their little chance at pay back.
That is the norm though? I havent seen any difference between us and other top programs. I don't remember any difference between how Lute did it and the way it is done now. I have seen several 12-point deficits erased in just over a minute (us vs. Houston at McKale) to know you don't pull everyone with five minutes left, even with a 20 point lead.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

After that game in 2005 that shall not be named, I don't feel secure in pulling out starters until both of these requirements are met:
1.less than 2 minutes on the clock
2.Up by 20+
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Last edited by Main Event on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

ASUHATER! wrote:After that game in 2005 that shall not be named, I don't feel secure in pulling out starters until both of these requirements are met:
1.less than 2 minutes on the clock
2.Up by 20+
I purposefully did not mention that one, lol.