Zeke Nnaji

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: Zeke Nnaji

Post by Beachcat97 »

Bordercat wrote:Isaiah Stewart is overrated.
A lot of the mock drafts agree with you.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Beachcat97 wrote:It's a good FOY race, but I think Stewart is probably leading at this point.
I think Nnaji will end up winning FOY. He will keep improving. I believe Green will as well. Mannion has me scratching my head at this point. Just not impressed at all.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Captain Obvious wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:It's a good FOY race, but I think Stewart is probably leading at this point.
I think Nnaji will end up winning FOY. He will keep improving. I believe Green will as well. Mannion has me scratching my head at this point. Just not impressed at all.
Up to this point, Nico hasn't had the impact many were anticipating. Like, you could put together a highlight reel of his best moments from this season, and he'd look pretty impressive. But it feels like the head-scratching moments outnumber the highlights at the moment. Still time for him to turn it around, though.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:
Up to this point, Nico hasn't had the impact many were anticipating. Like, you could put together a highlight reel of his best moments from this season, and he'd look pretty impressive. But it feels like the head-scratching moments outnumber the highlights at the moment. Still time for him to turn it around, though.
I do agree that Nico can still turn it on. I can admit I'm being too critical. I really like the young man and he's had some great moments. The best is yet to come. Let's hope it lasts well into the NCAA tournament. We're way overdue for some good luck.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Congrats to Zeke for winning PAC-12 Freshman of the Year!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

For play in the key or on the keyboard?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
eoe

Post by eoe »

dovecanyoncat wrote:For play in the key or on the keyboard?
I, for one, would not be upset if we were subjected to hearing about Zeke's piano skills ad nauseam (6 times to be exact) during the NCAA tourney broadcasts :mrgreen:
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:Congrats to Zeke for winning PAC-12 Freshman of the Year!
He is also the MVP of this team, imo.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

just might be the best of the bunch
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Money well earned for the near lock to Kansas.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

enfuego wrote:
Self cheaped out, huh? Takes a lot of money to get kids to play in that festering pimple of a state.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Self cheaped out, huh? Takes a lot of money to get kids to play in that festering pimple of a state.
UA is in Tucson.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
UA is in Tucson.
enfuego is in south Scottsdale.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Chicat wrote:
enfuego wrote:
UA is in Tucson.
enfuego is in south Scottsdale.
Lol. North Scottsdale.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:
Lol. North Scottsdale.
Oh, so sorry. Enjoy that cultural mecca. :lol: Goes nice with a degree from Kansas.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Lol. North Scottsdale.
Oh, so sorry. Enjoy that cultural mecca. :lol: Goes nice with a degree from Kansas.
Anymore the idea that anyone from the Phoenix area somehow thinks they are superior to Tucson is just laughable to its core. The "but you live in Tucson" thing is a like 20 years out of date "slur" that has no basis in the reality of how nice of a place Tucson is to live.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Lol. North Scottsdale.
Anymore the idea that anyone from the Phoenix area somehow thinks they are superior to Tucson is just laughable to its core. The "but you live in Tucson" thing is a like 20 years out of date "slur" that has no basis in the reality of how nice of a place Tucson is to live.
It’s revealingly typical, peoplephobic, white flight shallowness.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Lol. North Scottsdale.
Amid the brown air of that wretched valley. How far north in Scottsdale do you go before your lungs say OK this'll do? Desert Mtn. Phase 3? FFS, people must swallow furnace filters to live in that hell hole.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Lol. North Scottsdale.
Amid the brown air of that wretched valley. How far north in Scottsdale do you go before your lungs say OK this'll do? Desert Mtn. Phase 3? FFS, people must swallow furnace filters to live in that hell hole.
How perfect is it that the unwelcome, socially-maladjusted troll lives in a gated community, and all anyone had to do to get that out of him is hurt his class pride with the suggestion of "south Scottsdale"?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:
Lol. North Scottsdale.

How perfect is it that the unwelcome, socially-maladjusted troll lives in a gated community, and all anyone had to do to get that out of him is hurt his class pride with the suggestion of "south Scottsdale"?
I've always said I am willing to meet up with you for a few beers to catch a game.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol at people thinking north Scottsdale as elite.

It’s the same a yoga pantsed Botox moms thinking Kierland Commons as high end shopping.

:lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Need to start a GoFundMe page to get Nnaji back next year.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

CalStateTempe wrote:Lol at people thinking north Scottsdale as elite.

It’s the same a yoga pantsed Botox moms thinking Kierland Commons as high end shopping.

Who hurt you as a child?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

enfuego wrote:

Who hurt you as a child?
Maybe you. The overlap between internet trolls and molesters is clear. Neither puts their fingers where they belong.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Who hurt you as a child?
Maybe you. The overlap between internet trolls and molesters is clear. Neither puts their fingers where they belong.
You think he types with his finger?

~ Wilhoit's Law
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Good luck, Zeke!

Oh, and can we start recruiting more guys who aspire to have their jersey retired at McKale? And fewer guys who see a second year of college as a waste of time.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The quicker we can get to the old rule of going league from high school the better we and both products will be. I had heardZeke never really wanted to go to school in the first place but had no other choice. He gave us a great year so go get yours kid.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Such a legacy these 3 freshmen are leaving.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

It makes I hard to get excited for next season.

I still like the baseball model
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Pit stop
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Such a legacy these 3 freshmen are leaving.
Not really their fault the season ended the way it did. Had they led us to a Pac-12 tourney championship and a Final Four the same thing could have been said minus the soaked-in sarcasm.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Disappointing but I would probably do the same if I was in his position

I am disappointed because I kept dreaming of a Dwill type sophomore season

Dwill
Frosh 15.7 pts, 57 fg%, 7.1 REB
Soph 19.5 pts, 60 fg%, 8.3 REB (not to mention his vastly improved 3p%)

Nnaji
Frosh 16.1 pts, 57fg%, 8.6 REB
Soph :(
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Frybry02 wrote:Disappointing but I would probably do the same if I was in his position

I am disappointed because I kept dreaming of a Dwill type sophomore season

Dwill
Frosh 15.7 pts, 57 fg%, 7.1 REB
Soph 19.5 pts, 60 fg%, 8.3 REB (not to mention his vastly improved 3p%)

Nnaji
Frosh 16.1 pts, 57fg%, 8.6 REB
Soph :(
D Will also probably made himself an extra $20M by coming back his Sophomore year when he could have been a late first rounder after his Freshman year. But that was a different time...
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

By coming back Dwill played himself right into the second pick of the draft and he still wasn’t ready defensively. Crazy guidance these days
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'd like to see all high school NBA prospects go straight to the G-League if they aren't already Moses Malone/Darryl Dawkins/Kobe/LeBron-style NBA-ready. College basketball needs to be about developing players for individual systems over years of continuity. If any of those players become future NBA players in the process, so be it. This idea that college basketball will have Magic Johnsons and Larry Birds and Michael Jordans and Charles Barkleys and Shaqs is what ruins college basketball.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

gronk4heisman wrote: D Will also probably made himself an extra $20M by coming back his Sophomore year when he could have been a late first rounder after his Freshman year. But that was a different time...
azcat49 wrote:By coming back Dwill played himself right into the second pick of the draft and he still wasn’t ready defensively. Crazy guidance these days
All true. But the reality is it appears Zeke never really wanted to play college basketball; had he been able to go straight to the NBA out of high school, that likely would have been his decision. He clearly is not ready to play NBA basketball, but he is a good prospect. And while he will make some money by going into the draft now, if he were to come back to AZ, he would be the offensive focal point and likely increase his stock, which would make him significantly more money right at the beginning of his NBA journey.

The NBA draft really has been more like the MLB draft over the past 20+ years, where teams often draft prospects, rather than ready-to-play players. Some guys are ready to contribute right away, but most are not.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned wrote:I'd like to see all high school NBA prospects go straight to the G-League if they aren't already Moses Malone/Darryl Dawkins/Kobe/LeBron-style NBA-ready. College basketball needs to be about developing players for individual systems over years of continuity. If any of those players become future NBA players in the process, so be it. This idea that college basketball will have Magic Johnsons and Larry Birds and Michael Jordans and Charles Barkleys and Shaqs is what ruins college basketball.
Would be nice if the NBA and NCAA would work on this now that their seasons are over. With the G-League now, it's no longer the case where a NBA team would take a flyer on a player like Ebi Ndudi in the first round, but who failed miserably in the NBA but had a guaranteed contract for 3 years and just sat on the end of the bench for his career.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

The Athletic NBA draft guy (Sam Vecenie) came out with his updated big board. Nnaji is 28, Mannion 29 and Green 33. So much for three lottery picks in the starting 5!