Tarczewski

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

rgdeuce

Re: Tarczewski

Post by rgdeuce »

gumby wrote:Sure. By the same token, it wasn't Zeus getting beat defensively in those losses. Isolate Stanimal's numbers in losses.

We lead the nation in defensive rebounding percentage. It's like leading the nation against the run, but complaining that a particular lineman has fewer tackles than last year.

Of all the things to sweat, this is a minor one.
Not sweating it that much, was just pointing out how it can seem like a huge deal certain nights and thats why people get pissed off.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

That's awesome
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

Nice job, Katz.
Right where I want to be.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

A.J. Bramlett's thoughts on Zeus. Sounds like AJ thinks Zeus needs a 4th year.
“I went through a lot of the same things at Arizona that Tarczewski is going through,” Bramlett said this week when reached about the jersey retirement of his close friend Jason Terry.

“I also played with a bunch of talent around me and it took a while to be able to break out offensively. The important thing is to do exactly what he has to do for the team. His time will come.”

Bramlett echoed Miller’s words, mentioning Tarczewski does all that is asked of him.

“I’ve been watching Tarczewski and Ashley closely,” Bramlett said. “What I like about Tarczewski is he is a big rock in the middle. He affects a lot of things with his defense.

“He still has a high ceiling in my opinion. I can see that he has the work ethic and desire to get where he needs to be. He’ll get there.”
http://allsportstucson.com/2015/02/20/a ... f-with-ua/
Mr.Zebra

Post by Mr.Zebra »

My impression, after attending the game last night, is that Zeus was a lot more impressive in person than he is on t.v.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Zeus leave.

He's a legit 7 footer, and he's getting better.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Beachcat97 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Zeus leave.

You're an idiot. Like for real.
Beachcat97 wrote:No way Zeus leaves. But Stanley, RHJ, and BA...all gone.

2015-16 starting five:

Tarc
Anderson
Smith
Trier (or York)
PJC (or Simon)

I don't think Rabb is coming.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

dcZONAfan wrote:I think Zeus was far more aggressive the past two games and I like what I saw from him. Sort of surprised nobody commented on this yet (unless of course it was in other threads), but I think he is showing better decisiveness in the post and has been more active (yes, I know he only had 4 boards last game) on the glass as well.

Anyone else notice this/feel a little better about Zeus moving forward?
The next time KT plays an aggressive dominant game like these two in a contest of any significance or a game not against rpi# 125 doormat - will be the first time.

This is 'good Zeus' - fun games vs bottom feeders WSU and USC but the guy tends to be 'bad Zeus' - invisible -in 'big' games or hostile/raucous road games especially

@ Utep 5 pts 5tos fouled out (hostile road game)
Ssdsu 3 pts fouled out
Zags at home decent game 11-7
@unlv 10pts and 3 measly rbs (hostile road game)
@osu 6 pts zero rb (hostile road game)
@stan 5-3 (hostile road game)
@asu. 8-4 ho hum (raucous road game)

Hostile roadies coming up: Colorado and Utah
Raucous games coming up: P12 MGM Finale

Expect to see 'bad Zeus' in the above games
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Same could be said about your posts.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Olsondogg wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Zeus leave.

You're an idiot. Like for real.
Is there poll for understatement of the year? You have my vote.

I seriously find it hard to believe bc97 and Machina are men. The woman scorned and the one who exercises "a woman's prerogative to change her mind" on an hourly basis.

And I respectfully apologize to women everywhere for that unfair comparison... But these 2 personify those characterizations to perfection.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

rgdeuce wrote:I spent the entire morning trying to remember that mistaken nickname Zeus got last year (or the year before that?) from that announcer. The BIG ZOO!!!!!

That needs to come back
After UCLA roadie last year:

[Keith Olbermann] Tarczewski is Loose-ski! [/Keith Olbermann]

Let's not bring that one back.
gumby

Post by gumby »

RiseAndFire wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:I think Zeus was far more aggressive the past two games and I like what I saw from him. Sort of surprised nobody commented on this yet (unless of course it was in other threads), but I think he is showing better decisiveness in the post and has been more active (yes, I know he only had 4 boards last game) on the glass as well.

Anyone else notice this/feel a little better about Zeus moving forward?
The next time KT plays an aggressive dominant game like these two in a contest of any significance or a game not against rpi# 125 doormat - will be the first time.

This is 'good Zeus' - fun games vs bottom feeders WSU and USC but the guy tends to be 'bad Zeus' - invisible -in 'big' games or hostile/raucous road games especially

@ Utep 5 pts 5tos fouled out (hostile road game)
Ssdsu 3 pts fouled out
Zags at home decent game 11-7
@unlv 10pts and 3 measly rbs (hostile road game)
@osu 6 pts zero rb (hostile road game)
@stan 5-3 (hostile road game)
@asu. 8-4 ho hum (raucous road game)

Hostile roadies coming up: Colorado and Utah
Raucous games coming up: P12 MGM Finale

Expect to see 'bad Zeus' in the above games
Well, it is a week for socks. Who is this one?
Right where I want to be.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

man, tarc is killing it in this big game!!

by tarc I mean Ristic
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Katzenfreund wrote:Pole... 2-3 FG | 1-2 FT | 9 REB | 1 BLK | 2 TO | 4 PF | 5 PTS
Serb... 4-4 FG | 4-4 FT | 3 REB | 1 BLK | 0 TO | 0 PF | 12 PTS

Ristić clearly was the inferior performer tonight and rightfully rode the pine throughout the second half.
Do you the minutes per player?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I always trust Miller, but I am scratching my head tonight. Ristic (and york) saved this game. Ristic was easy buckets in a night where we couldnt hit water if we fell out of a boat. He was VERY active on the defensive end too. Maybe one or two lapses all game, but not enough to warrant him out of the game, or for a quick lesson at most. Best defensive game for him all year and the effort was clearly there.

I'm not on team panic and start tarc, but i dont know how tonight ristic isnt on the floor til he is puking
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I love that Zeus gets trashed for his lack of rebounds but collects a team high 9 boards tonight in a game where no starter played well, save TJs last few minutes.

True Dusan played well and could have had more time, but playing Zeus and growing his confidence for the stretch run is far more important than giving dusan a few extra mins.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Not about Tarc individually. Was about what Ristic was doing on a night where no one else was. 11 minutes for the best player on the floor tonight is a head scratcher no mayter how u slice it
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Olsondogg wrote:I love that Zeus gets trashed for his lack of rebounds but collects a team high 9 boards tonight in a game where no starter played well, save TJs last few minutes.

True Dusan played well and could have had more time, but playing Zeus and growing his confidence for the stretch run is far more important than giving dusan a few extra mins.
We need to "grow the confidence" of a three year starter? I'm over it. If you're playing well, you get minutes. If you're not, tough shit.
One could just as easily argue that growing Ristic into a legit 25 minute a game threat is more important than Zeus' confidence at this point.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

Post-game buzz walking out of McKale was why Dusan didn't play in the second half. That and the refs, of course. Bench points in the first half: 24. York had the audacity to claim all 3 in the second half. We played like crap, but this was not a good night for Miller, either.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

legallykenny wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I love that Zeus gets trashed for his lack of rebounds but collects a team high 9 boards tonight in a game where no starter played well, save TJs last few minutes.

We need to "grow the confidence" of a three year starter? I'm over it. If you're playing well, you get minutes. If you're not, tough shit.
One could just as easily argue that growing Ristic into a legit 25 minute a game threat is more important than Zeus' confidence at this point.
I have to say I'm in your corner and scratching my head as well....but what do I know.
I guess it's Final Four or bust with Tarc this year and I'll have to live with it but I see the 5 spot now as the final piece of the puzzle for Miller. Hope it's this year but if not...next...
NETSFAN4HASSAN

Post by NETSFAN4HASSAN »

The thing is UCLA has great length and they were clogging the lane tonight. So Tarc was swallowed up down there. He did some good things tonight.

Regardless, Ristic needed more PT. Thank God for him in the first half. That guy has serious talent.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

legallykenny wrote:

So again, people like you bitch about Zeus all year and his inability to grab a board. He does so tonight, and you still bitch.

I get it now.

Miller spoke all week prior about Zeus's confidence coming back, why not play him when he was boarding like you've wanted him to all year.

Oh and news flash, Zeus wasn't the only one having problems on offense.

Miller said that the way Looney was scoring in the second half made playing Dusan on him very unfavorable for Dusan, they put RHJ on him and kept Zeus in the game. That's his answer. His team won. Move the fuck on.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

One more thing. UCLA is a really good offensive rebounding team. They had ONE offensive rebound.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Olsondogg wrote:
legallykenny wrote:

So again, people like you bitch about Zeus all year and his inability to grab a board. He does so tonight, and you still bitch.

I get it now. You're a bitch, and there are several like you.

Miller spoke all week prior about Zeus's confidence coming back, why not play him when he was boarding like you've wanted him to all year.

Oh and news flash, Zeus wasn't the only one having problems on offense.

Miller said that the way Looney was scoring in the second half made playing Dusan on him very unfavorable for Dusan, they put RHJ on him and kept Zeus in the game. That's his answer. His team won. Move the fuck on.
I think Zeus sucks for many reasons. His poor rebounding average is but one of them. His awful hands, non-existent shot blocking and total lack of an offensive game are among the others.

And lay off the lazy personal attacks of people who disagree with your reactionary takes. We get it, Miller and this crop of starters can do no wrong in your eyes and everyone who dares to disagree with your simple minded takes is a horrible human being. Your constantly posting that adds nothing to the discussion.
Last edited by legallykenny on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

NETSFAN4HASSAN wrote:The thing is UCLA has great length and they were clogging the lane tonight. So Tarc was swallowed up down there. He did some good things tonight.

Regardless, Ristic needed more PT. Thank God for him in the first half. That guy has serious talent.
Funny how that same length didn't swallow up Ristic. Apparently having actual offensive skills helps.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Tarc got called for about 3 phantom fouls. 2 in which he didn't touch the shooter (BA) and one where he just got great position.
He rebounded. He cut off driving Bruins. Yeah, he got beat on a couple of plays but so did everyone else.
The Cats did a great defensive job and held the team whose specialty is offensive rebounding to 1 total offense board.
Arizona killed the Bruins on the glass. They were still chalking the outlines as I left the arena.
I have no idea what all this complaining is about.
The Cats had a tough shooting night. Well, great. They still won by 10. They didn't give up on defense.
That's a good thing.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Form your own conclusions, but that kind of a second half will not win the conference nor the conference tournament and will lead to the most embarrassing first-round upset in the history of March Madness.

It's really not a performance a team this talented can afford to have this late in the season, but prepare for more of the same at Colorado. And if so, goodbye conference title--and good luck.
eoe

Post by eoe »

catgrad97 wrote:Form your own conclusions, but that kind of a second half will not win the conference nor the conference tournament and will lead to the most embarrassing first-round upset in the history of March Madness.

It's really not a performance a team this talented can afford to have this late in the season, but prepare for more of the same at Colorado. And if so, goodbye conference title--and good luck.
First year watching college basketball? It's an up and down ride, over-the-top reactions are part of every fan bases repertoire, so I'll reserve the full lecture for another time. Simply put, on a night where Arizona struggled mightily offensively, they dominated a great offensive rebounding team at their game and won vs. a team filled with future pros by double-digits. It's understandable that the typical fan is frustrated Arizona couldn't make them look and feel good about their team in front of the rest of the country with a pretty display of scoring, but no team outside Kentucky hasn't had a bad game and lost a few. That's what makes CBB so much fun.

The "if we play like this " caveat is the most pathetic excuse of a post that could possibly be submitted on a message board. You're not the first, you won't be the last. If we took every teams poor games and said the same thing, no one could win a championship. If we took every teams better game and said they could win a championship, then we would be watching a participation award league.

Just relax, sit back, and accept that your favorite team isn't invincible just like any other team and hope they play their best when it counts. The same as every other observer out there.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Hear me out...

I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure for Zeus to enter the NBA draft with the "Arizona will lose all five starters" has screwed with his mindset from day 1. Not that he's thinking about it every day or every week, but somewhere in the back of his head, it's there.

Think about it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Not sure why anyone is surprised at this point when Miller chooses defense over offense. Coming down the stretch he goes with "getting stops" over "getting baskets" 10 times out of 10.
catgrad97 wrote:Form your own conclusions, but that kind of a second half will not win the conference nor the conference tournament and will lead to the most embarrassing first-round upset in the history of March Madness.

G, I know you weren't drinking when you made this post but I did wonder for a sec if you didn't take a couple of healthy belts of schnapps and then fire up the computer...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Hilarious when people say Miller had a bad game or whatever. Starters can't make a fuckin layup and it's Miller's fault somehow. No coach is pulling their loaded starting 5 at the drop of a hat. You've gotta give them a chance to come out of it, we just had two insanely bad stretches on offense and in hindsight it is way easier to analyze. Again, these are young men playing basketball...some days they might shoot well, some not. There is no explanation for it. That we won while playing as shitty as can be on offense is a positive IMO.

At the minimum, our defense clearly fuels our offense and we can win 90% of our games that way. When our O is clicking with the D then we are almost unbeatable. And when our D doesn't show up at all we seem to lose or squeak by. I'd put my eggs in the defense basket too.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pokinmik wrote:Hilarious when people say Miller had a bad game or whatever. Starters can't make a fuckin layup and it's Miller's fault somehow. No coach is pulling their loaded starting 5 at the drop of a hat. You've gotta give them a chance to come out of it, we just had two insanely bad stretches on offense and in hindsight it is way easier to analyze. Again, these are young men playing basketball...some days they might shoot well, some not. There is no explanation for it. That we won while playing as shitty as can be on offense is a positive IMO.

At the minimum, our defense clearly fuels our offense and we can win 90% of our games that way. When our O is clicking with the D then we are almost unbeatable. And when our D doesn't show up at all we seem to lose or squeak by. I'd put my eggs in the defense basket too.
We just had a stretch of four games scoring 75 points plus and then the starters have a bad shooting night and all of a sudden Miller can't coach and we are going to lose to a 15 seed in the tourney. :roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

All those layups that were missed and the jump shots that went in and out were Miller's fault too.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Leaving your hot hand on the bench is Miller's fault though.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:Leaving your hot hand on the bench is Miller's fault though.
Yes, it's Miller's fault we won by 10 instead of by 16.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
Merkin wrote:Leaving your hot hand on the bench is Miller's fault though.
Yes, it's Miller's fault we won by 10 instead of by 16.

Point spread was 14/15, so I imagine some bettors were very pleased, or very upset about the bench rotations.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Arizona fans are myopic. Hopefully that comment doesn't hurt Kenny's feelings any more than I already have.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Lord please help us if Miller ever starts coaching to make bettors happy.
ButtonSalmon

Post by ButtonSalmon »

eoe wrote:

First year watching college basketball? It's an up and down ride, over-the-top reactions are part of every fan bases repertoire, so I'll reserve the full lecture for another time. Simply put, on a night where Arizona struggled mightily offensively, they dominated a great offensive rebounding team at their game and won vs. a team filled with future pros by double-digits. It's understandable that the typical fan is frustrated Arizona couldn't make them look and feel good about their team in front of the rest of the country with a pretty display of scoring, but no team outside Kentucky hasn't had a bad game and lost a few. That's what makes CBB so much fun.

The "if we play like this " caveat is the most pathetic excuse of a post that could possibly be submitted on a message board. You're not the first, you won't be the last. If we took every teams poor games and said the same thing, no one could win a championship. If we took every teams better game and said they could win a championship, then we would be watching a participation award league.

Just relax, sit back, and accept that your favorite team isn't invincible just like any other team and hope they play their best when it counts. The same as every other observer out there.
THIS is an excellent post sir, kudos. You have really been bringing it with your comments and analysis. I am more a reader than a poster and I have enjoyed what you bring to the table and with this post you have hit a crescendo. It is good to see a few well informed fans around these parts. Everyone freaking out all the time gets really tiring and boring. The Cats are just fine, they had an off night, it happens but we played lock down defense and UCLA had exactly ONE (1) offensive rebound the entire night and they are a team known to usually get a bunch of those. Beardown.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I wouldn't call Ristic a hot-hand Merk, and I think that's where all the overreactions are coming from. He made a few good plays and not to take anything away from those because they were huge...but one was kind of a lucky layup he just threw up and swished, the other was when he ripped the rebound from UCLAs big white guy. People on this board are acting like Ristic is some deadly instant scoring threat off the bench. We should simply be happy he made the plays he did and that he's coming along with his development. And happy that we won of course.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Oh I agree Pok, not saying Ristic should get 10+ minutes in the second half, but thought he might come in at the first TV timeout after the Cats failed to score again to start the 2nd half when he and York spurred the team after the starters went 0-13 the first half.

Just surprised that he only was in for a minute, maybe 2. Ristic seems more like a a 5-6 minute guy per half.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

ButtonSalmon wrote:
eoe wrote:

THIS is an excellent post sir, kudos. You have really been bringing it with your comments and analysis. I am more a reader than a poster and I have enjoyed what you bring to the table and with this post you have hit a crescendo. It is good to see a few well informed fans around these parts. Everyone freaking out all the time gets really tiring and boring. The Cats are just fine, they had an off night, it happens but we played lock down defense and UCLA had exactly ONE (1) offensive rebound the entire night and they are a team known to usually get a bunch of those. Beardown.
Hey, look, two more Arizona fans who can't handle it when other, older fans aren't cutting the starters slack for every crap performance.

Cats scored 25 points in the second half. 25. Not just a season-low, but has got to be one of the lowest latter-period outputs in the Miller era.

Didn't the team already "get it out of their system" in Vegas? In Corvallis? In Tempe? This is part of a cyclical lack of focus on the part of our starters that we all better hope doesn't resurface Saturday.

If any of you think last night was the last time we'll ever see a performance like that this season, you apparently like feeling the same kind of disappointment.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

catgrad97 wrote:
ButtonSalmon wrote:
eoe wrote:

Hey, look, two more Arizona fans who can't handle it when other, older fans aren't cutting the starters slack for every crap performance.

Cats scored 25 points in the second half. 25. Not just a season-low, but has got to be one of the lowest latter-period outputs in the Miller era.

Didn't the team already "get it out of their system" in Vegas? In Corvallis? In Tempe? This is part of a cyclical lack of focus on the part of our starters that we all better hope doesn't resurface Saturday.

If any of you think last night was the last time we'll ever see a performance like that this season, you apparently like feeling the same kind of disappointment.
lol

You better get killed for this because if I said it I know I would.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Katzenfreund wrote:I also agree, scoring 12 points and grabbing 3 rebounds in 11 minutes is cold, ice cold to be exact. All of Ristić's baskets happened by accident, even though his opposing player was just some unathletic pasty white guy. Anyone cold score in bunches against someone like that. Ristić's 4-4 free throws only went in because he was fortunate enough not to miss. He might be the world's luckiest player, other than that he sucks donkey balls. I hope Tarczewski returns and that worthless Serb transfers.
That's nowhere near what I said but keep rambling if that's what your heart desires.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

If Kentucky had a second half like Arizona did last night, we'd all be rubbing our hands in anticipation of how "beatable" the Wildcats would be.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

catgrad97 wrote:If Kentucky had a second half like Arizona did last night, we'd all be rubbing our hands in anticipation of how "beatable" the Wildcats would be.

Does first half count?

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/12/10/3586 ... tball.html

23 points. Losing to an Ivy. Just checking.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion