2016-17 new uniforms

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: 2016-17 new uniforms

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:You know, I just realized something frightening. We still haven't seen black and pink.
I guess at ASU? We're not planning on anything other than the standard clown outfits for the tourney, are we?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

The black and pink were designed, but not made. We won't see them this season. Next season though probably.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

We're wearing all these uniforms again next year?
gumby

Post by gumby »

As punishment if we don't go to the Final Four.

That red roadie with the red leggings ... yikes! Fiddled with my TV settings the whole first half. Then I realized they looked like that on purpose.
Right where I want to be.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:We're wearing all these uniforms again next year?
For the duration of our Nike contract of course.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I doubt it. We'll probably get new uniforms every 2 years or so
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Could we try for 1 and done for this current set?

If we roll out the McDonalds kit for the red out, I'm thinking UCLA beats us by 20+.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
lol I was just kidding.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
lol I was just kidding.
Thanks.....I just stepped back from the ledge of my hi-rise condo here :-).

Seriously, I would love to see a poll of UA Fans on how they view these unis....or any similar type of data. Also, does the UA have any control over this? Who approved these (almost all of them) horrible uniforms?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I hope recruits love them. I really hate them, so if we have to wear these butt ugly uniforms, they had better be really popular with the kids.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I'd bet if you surveyed all Arizona fans and alumni.. the under 25/30 crowd would overwhelmingly love the unis. And recruits too. And in the world we live in marketing wise, it's smartest to cater to the 15-30 year old demographic.

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ASUHATER! wrote:I'd bet if you surveyed all Arizona fans and alumni.. the under 25/30 crowd would overwhelmingly love the unis. And recruits too. And in the world we live in marketing wise, it's smartest to cater to the 15-30 year old demographic.
Thanks...Ok then, if that's true I will just suck it up and keep quiet.....if the recruits love them then I'm cool.....EXCEPT for the ASSU looking copper POS uni.....I do stand by that the unis must be our colors and in no way resemble that POS so called 'university' in Tempe.....ughhhh.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

My son is 20 and a huge UofA fan and he thinks the current uniforms are garbage.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UAEebs86 wrote:My son is 20 and a huge UofA fan and he thinks the current uniforms are garbage.
You should tell him that rainbows help us to believe even harder.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:My son is 20 and a huge UofA fan and he thinks the current uniforms are garbage.
I haven't met your son, but what I know of him, I like.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Old soul. Bless him.
Right where I want to be.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I like that hater is still putting up the good fight on this topic. He has such passion for the uni's.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:I like that hater is still putting up the good fight on this topic. He has such passion for the uni's.
lol. i don't like the uniforms myself. i just don't think they are as bad as the hand wringing and childish crying that has been happening on here. the uniforms were designed by a lot of people smarter than us when it comes to uniform design and with the input of the team and entire athletic department. they were not designed to please 40 year old message board posters. they were made to impress recruits and 20 year old college players and the 15-35 demographic that would buy them at the team shop. i still like the uniforms we wore a good 10-15 years ago the best...but continue being a dick if it pleases you.

baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

While I've heard a few people in the Zoo who like them, I think the general consensus amongst the students is they are awful
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

What pleases me is this, the passion:
ASUHATER! wrote:I don't see anything wrong with them.
ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:I like the white ones. The rest are ...... whatever. Just win in them.
yup. that's what matters. people freak out about uniforms like it actually deeply hurts them on a personal level. like the AD did it on purpose to insult just them.
ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:1. End the gradient obsession
2. End the Copper obsession

Two things nobody asked for, yet keep getting rammed down our throats.
What you want or need has absolutey 0 impact or bearing on anything uniform related. You don't wear the uniforms...the team does. Jeebus...the idiocy in your post is just...lord.
ASUHATER! wrote:still don't see the issue
ASUHATER! wrote:Uniforms look perfectly fine on tv to me. Time to put away the sleeping pills and razor blades I guess...
ASUHATER! wrote:
azgreg wrote:HATER has spoken, it's time to move on.
i'm loving the double standard. you're allowed to hate the uniforms and have your opinion, but when i tell people i disagree with their opinions and that they're whining over the silliest thing ever, everyone else has spoken and no further discussion is allowed.
ASUHATER! wrote:Unis were the only thing that weren't a problem.
ASUHATER! wrote:these ones are the only ones that are bad
ASUHATER! wrote:I'd bet if you surveyed all Arizona fans and alumni.. the under 25/30 crowd would overwhelmingly love the unis. And recruits too. And in the world we live in marketing wise, it's smartest to cater to the 15-30 year old demographic.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

....and?

nothing there makes any kind of point that you're trying to make....?

uni's aren't good. aren't great. nothing overtly wrong with them (outside of the one or two weirdly colored ones that i criticized).

but continue with the obsession if you like. i'm flattered, really.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Passionate...absolutely beautiful. You found your calling.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:Passionate...absolutely beautiful. You found your calling.
so have you with your trolling obsession. it's almost admirable.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I like that hater is still putting up the good fight on this topic. He has such passion for the uni's.
lol. i don't like the uniforms myself. i just don't think they are as bad as the hand wringing and childish crying that has been happening on here. the uniforms were designed by a lot of people smarter than us when it comes to uniform design and with the input of the team and entire athletic department. they were not designed to please 40 year old message board posters. they were made to impress recruits and 20 year old college players and the 15-35 demographic that would buy them at the team shop. i still like the uniforms we wore a good 10-15 years ago the best...but continue being a dick if it pleases you.
I will be part of the 15-35 demographic for 6 more months, and I think they look like ass.

I'm not going to stop rooting for Arizona over it, but I don't see a need to ignore what I think just because uniform designers designed them. I think they suck and I have no interest in buying one and heck, I bought the silver shoulder jerseys. I buy almost any Arizona basketball gear, but I have not considered these jerseys, because they look bad.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
I will be part of the 15-35 demographic for 6 more months, and I think they look like ass.

I'm not going to stop rooting for Arizona over it, but I don't see a need to ignore what I think just because uniform designers designed them. I think they suck and I have no interest in buying one and heck, I bought the silver shoulder jerseys. I buy almost any Arizona basketball gear, but I have not considered these jerseys, because they look bad.
same here, i don't really like them at all, aside from the white ones being ok. but we just gotta remember that they weren't designed with anyone our age or older in mind.

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

B...
Last edited by NYCat on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

same here, i don't really like them at all, aside from the white ones being ok. but we just gotta remember that they weren't designed with anyone our age or older in mind.
Don't go calling me old. I have 6 more months in the 35 and under demo and I plan to max that out.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Don't go calling me old. I have 6 more months in the 35 and under demo and I plan to max that out.
haha good plan. i just turned 31 so i'm trying to keep it alive

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Olsondogg wrote:What pleases me is this, the passion:
hahaha

or don't, we really don't care
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If we make the Final Four, I'll buy one of these, as ugly as they are. Hopefully, that provides some extra motivation for the team.