F*ck Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: F*ck Larry Scott

Post by Longhorned »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I've heard we're huge on the PAC-12 Network.
Definitely true for the 12 people that get it! But hey, at least you're here in AZ now and can get it. When I move to Wisconsin I guess I'll need to keep sling in case I actually want to watch us look awful at 1 am.
You know what? F*ck Larry Scott.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2019/ ... teams.html" target="_blank

Found the Scott article
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Was doing cardio at the club and watching the first half of the Oregon Auburn game when the bit showing Knight, Allen, and Larry Scott went by. Dude on the machine next to me must be a leftie because we bumped elbows in a perfectly synchronized duet of flipping off Larry Scott.

I have a new friend.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Now’s your chance, Pac 12. Fire him.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Was doing cardio at the club and watching the first half of the Oregon Auburn game when the bit showing Knight, Allen, and Larry Scott went by. Dude on the machine next to me must be a leftie because we bumped elbows in a perfectly synchronized duet of flipping off Larry Scott.

I have a new friend.
:!:
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Just a quick reminder: FUCK LARRY SCOTT.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

So fucking Larry Scott, who gets to stay in the executive suite in Vegas and pays exorbitant rent for Pac12 HG in San Francisco because of the money pouring in from college sports players thinks they should be able to make money from their name and likeness but only if they leave college...

Once again FUCK LARRY SCOTT...

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... y-play-act" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The slow diseased demise of the PAC-12 Network continues unabated.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Can someone officially step up and please call this guy an abject fucking failure. I mean, on the record. Let’s dispense withe niceties. It’s not as though Scott is some humble, underpaid and under qualified individual. He’s an arrogant Ivy League douche who has done permanent harm to a once great conference.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:Can someone officially step up and please call this guy an abject fucking failure. I mean, on the record. Let’s dispense withe niceties. It’s not as though Scott is some humble, underpaid and under qualified individual. He’s an arrogant Ivy League douche who has done permanent harm to a once great conference.
Who are you looking to say this? Many national writers have said this and worse
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

zonagrad wrote:Can someone officially step up and please call this guy an abject fucking failure. I mean, on the record. Let’s dispense withe niceties. It’s not as though Scott is some humble, underpaid and under qualified individual. He’s an arrogant Ivy League douche who has done permanent harm to a once great conference.
The true abject failures are the university presidents who have watched this guy flounder and fuck up and haven’t held him accountable in any way whatsoever.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
StickItInTheyFace

Post by StickItInTheyFace »

When is the breaking point? Like is there ever gonna be a point where they look at the status of the Pac, look at Scott's contributions and failures and decide to cut ties? How low could their expectations possibly be to constantly keep him around?

I say this while our University has an actual moron as an Athletic Director. But Scott's firing is beyond overdue.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
The true abject failures are the university presidents who have watched this guy flounder and fuck up and haven’t held him accountable in any way whatsoever.
The one most guilty of this is ASU's president.

ESPN offered an olive branch to fix our network and actually get it carried every where. We said no. Unreal ineptitude.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Chicat wrote:
Scott’s big accomplishment was moving the conference tournament to Vegas. Anyone could’ve made that decision based on the failure of holding it in LA all those years. Hell, the ACC could hold their conference tourney in Vegas and it would be a success.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

zonagrad wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Scott’s big accomplishment was moving the conference tournament to Vegas. Anyone could’ve made that decision based on the failure of holding it in LA all those years. Hell, the ACC could hold their conference tourney in Vegas and it would be a success.
And you have to take into account the decision to have the football championship in Santa Clara. To me, that decision removes any good will he might get from the Vegas b-ball tourney.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Chicat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
Chicat wrote:
And you have to take into account the decision to have the football championship in Santa Clara. To me, that decision removes any good will he might get from the Vegas b-ball tourney.
As bad as Scott has been, I think the people who’ve enabled him this long are the real problem and deserve blame.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
zonagrad wrote:
Chicat wrote:
He had a perfectly solid situation in place with having the #1 seed hosting the conference championship. The only reason to move it to somewhere neutral was when Las Vegas became an actual option. He should've easily learned this lesson from the basketball tournament, but his hairplugs were obviously impacting his brain cells in that decision. Such a colossal schmuck.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

None of the other power 5 conferences have the conference title game on campus. That is weak sauce. The issue is that Scott chose to do it in Santa Clara every game. That is beyond stupid with it being so far from Oakland and San Francisco especially on Friday nights. Should have had it rotate Seattle Glendale Denver and Santa Clara until Vegas and LA were built
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So the SEC just distributed 641M between its 14 members and after they negotiate their next deal it will be significantly higher. Any news on our distribution LOL. We are at a competitive disadvantage that is especially seen in the assistants pool
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:So the SEC just distributed 641M between its 14 members and after they negotiate their next deal it will be significantly higher. Any news on our distribution LOL. We are at a competitive disadvantage that is especially seen in the assistants pool
Which is why ticket sales revenue for each school is all that much more important
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:
azcat49 wrote:So the SEC just distributed 641M between its 14 members and after they negotiate their next deal it will be significantly higher. Any news on our distribution LOL. We are at a competitive disadvantage that is especially seen in the assistants pool
Which is why ticket sales revenue for each school is all that much more important
:lol:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I swear I work with a dullard just like machina that is unbearable to be on projects with.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
I swear I work with a dullard just like machina that is unbearable to be on projects with.
Your obsession knows no limits or bounds
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I apologize if it's been discussed here, but have you guys seen the PAC 12 promotion commercial they play during PAC games? It basically states that our student athletes don't play for big, excited crowds and because of that, we are the "Conference of Champions".

Say what? This message is supposed to promote our athletics?

Just outrageous.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Once again I nor should any fan have to make up for poor decisions that the leadership makes. I guess I should be buying the stock of poorly led companies?

Just have to wonder how long our presidents of each university will allow this to go on for. At what point do they step in and demand better management and accountability?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Carcassdragger wrote:I apologize if it's been discussed here, but have you guys seen the PAC 12 promotion commercial they play during PAC games? It basically states that our student athletes don't play for big, excited crowds and because of that, we are the "Conference of Champions".

Say what? This message is supposed to promote our athletics?

Just outrageous.

The worst part about that commercial is not the commercial itself, but that the network cannot find enough advertisers who want to put their marketing dollars into airtime on the network so the PAC-12 has to run those shitty things.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:Once again I nor should any fan have to make up for poor decisions that the leadership makes. I guess I should be buying the stock of poorly led companies?

Just have to wonder how long our presidents of each university will allow this to go on for. At what point do they step in and demand better management and accountability?
My guess is one more year. He is under contract until 6/30/2022 but I bet he is given the boot around June 2021
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Advertisers don't want to waste money on a network hardly anyone gets? Who would've known?

At least Larry sucking is one thing we can all agree on. That SEC number is depressing.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

The conference’s poor TV revenue was no where more evident than in how Michigan St swooped in snd took Tucker from CU. They doubled his salary, doubled the assistant pool of money and bought out his 3m buyout of his contract.

If the school presidents can’t see the advantage other P5 conferences have and how we are operating at a steep disadvantage then we are really in trouble. Makes you wonder if CU wishes they had never left the Big 12
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:The conference’s poor TV revenue was no where more evident than in how Michigan St swooped in snd took Tucker from CU. They doubled his salary, doubled the assistant pool of money and bought out his 3m buyout of his contract.

If the school presidents can’t see the advantage other P5 conferences have and how we are operating at a steep disadvantage then we are really in trouble. Makes you wonder if CU wishes they had never left the Big 12
PAC12 does not draw in ratings so there is not much you can do unless you go way outside the box
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not sure if this is good news or bad news, if he takes over the UC chancellorship. I seem to recall the Cal president is very anti-Larry Scott, not sure about the UCLA president.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Maybe the first domino?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Crow gonna be UC chancellor?

Fuck me.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

CalStateTempe wrote:Crow gonna be UC chancellor?

Fuck me.
He should be president of the CSU system. He would do wonders for it, but would never accept the job.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

legallykenny wrote:

Fuck me.
He should be president of the CSU system. He would do wonders for it, but would never accept the job.
That would be a big step down for Crow. The CSU has a completely different mandate than the UC system and for the most part does not offer very many degrees beyond a masters, along with very little research by comparison.

Although Cal Poly SLO competes for the same students the UC system does. SDSU also has a very good sports program.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Merkin wrote:
legallykenny wrote:

Fuck me.
That would be a big step down for Crow. The CSU has a completely different mandate than the UC system and for the most part does not offer very many degrees beyond a masters, along with very little research by comparison.

Although Cal Poly SLO competes for the same students the UC system does. SDSU also has a very good sports program.
Exactly. His big thing is expanding access and increasing student enrollment through innovative delivery of services, so he'd be perfect for the CSU mandate. Not so much for the UC mandate, though he's actually done wonders for ASU on the research and advance degree front as well.

But we can certainly both agree that he would never accept the job.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Report on ESPN said USC is looking to potentially go independent. Not sure this was just ESPN radio going ESPIN but that wouldn’t surprise me that they could look at it to drive greater revenue
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:Report on ESPN said USC is looking to potentially go independent. Not sure this was just ESPN radio going ESPIN but that wouldn’t surprise me that they could look at it to drive greater revenue

Using that as leverage to get rid of LS I suspect.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

legallykenny wrote:

Fuck me.
Yup. He already has experience with its flagship. See my name....
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Shit can his ass.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

So, our beloved Commish is gonna work hard to get refunds to everybody who paid up to get the shitty network packages, right?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dumbass scott better hope nobody comes down with the virus from their 1 day of running the tournament.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/pac-12-bi ... c-big-ten/" target="_blank

Watch out Larry, someone might be coming
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

“I don’t know how Stanford and cal get left out, or how Washington or Oregon would leave their in state brethren.”

You left out: I can’t figure out why anyone in the PAC would want to be associated in any way with about 90% of the Big 12.

But yeah, other than 1) no interest and 2) completely insurmountable problems, it (isn’t) an interesting idea.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

He makes $441,667 per month. That's obscene. He generates ZERO revenue. ZERO!!!!!

Coaches and players make the money. They drive the revenue. The fact that an administrator is siphoning that kind of money tells me these school presidents don't have a clue about economics and the REAL value of the athletic departments involved. Disgraceful.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

zonagrad wrote:He makes $441,667 per month. That's obscene. He generates ZERO revenue. ZERO!!!!!

Coaches and players make the money. They drive the revenue. The fact that an administrator is siphoning that kind of money tells me these school presidents don't have a clue about economics and the REAL value of the athletic departments involved. Disgraceful.
...just $14,722 per day. Damn - I need another stimulus check.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

zonagrad wrote:He makes $441,667 per month. That's obscene. He generates ZERO revenue. ZERO!!!!!

Basically is a. Indictment against any CEO really. Most generate zero revenue and do zero work
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

The cost of the downtown SF office is the most insane expense on our books. I've harped on this for years.

It makes not a single lick of sense that we would office in the middle of San Francisco - the second most expensive office market in the United States. I say that especially in light of our abject failure to leverage the digital media talent in SF to transform the Pac-12 Network into an online streaming platform.

Sublease the majority of the office in San Francisco, open a new headquarters in Las Vegas, and use the remaining SF space as a satellite office specifically tasked with developing our online platform, content, and engagement.

Wildly obvious and yet Larry Scott makes half a million A MONTH based on a TV deal that he signed years ago. COOOOOOOOL