Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by ChooChooCat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:When he's cleared, there'll probably be an official release from AZ Athletics, and it'll happen shortly before one of our tip-offs.

Seriously doubt that. I think one night he'll be in uniform and play and there will still be no comment.
There will be a release of some sort when he does return.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:When he's cleared, there'll probably be an official release from AZ Athletics, and it'll happen shortly before one of our tip-offs.

Seriously doubt that. I think one night he'll be in uniform and play and there will still be no comment.
There will be a release of some sort when he does return.
You still thinking when?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Because there's zero transparency on this, one has to assume that it's a sensitive issue, perhaps PEDs, grades, other NCAA infraction, or a criminal allegation. If it's something more innocent, I can't see why there's such secrecy. With other players in this situation, there was usually some indication as to the nature of the eligibility question.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Is this the part where I stop worrying?
Right where I want to be.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Yes but this won't happen until the NCAA and ESPN get approval from Coach K. Of course he is in surgery today and not available for a few weeks. Even Allen had to wait for almost two weeks for his clearance. We must be patient.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Yeah, there is nothing to gain from an announcement.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Is there any precedent here? :lol: I have never in my life seen something like this in college sports. The Pitts situation is the closest thing.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:Is there any precedent here? :lol: I have never in my life seen something like this in college sports. The Pitts situation is the closest thing.
There is zero precedent that I've ever heard of, very unique situation that is in no way similar to the Pitts situation.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Is there any precedent here? :lol: I have never in my life seen something like this in college sports. The Pitts situation is the closest thing.
I think all the precedents involve a year suspension. In a way, we're already better off than most.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's unpresidented.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'm gonna seriously worry if this drags out past the games following the start of the semester

Hope to see him make and play in the LA trip.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I mean in terms of complete silence, nothin from the NCAA or the school, for this long. The PED stuff got out there, but not officially. Thats where i got the semi comparison to Pitts situation, we knew he was not dressing for a reason but were otherwise in the dark completely for a long time
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Longhorned wrote:It's unpresidented.
I wish our country could be unpresidented (not in a violent way) after Jan 20th.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Daryl Zero wrote:
I wish our country could be unpresidented (not in a violent way) after Jan 20th.
Same here. Bear down!
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Vegas is suggesting he is still out...makes me wonder where they get their info...hmmmm....

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/" target="_blank
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Maybe he comes back on Thursday against asu due to the spring semester beginning on Wednesday.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

How is XJ for them probable? Thought he was out?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azcat49 wrote:How is XJ for them probable? Thought he was out?

He didn't get ejected for fighting so he can play.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

When are UofA's fall semester grades posted? If his ineligibility is academic, perhaps a strong fall term gets him cleared?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Seriously? Wow, he threw a punch?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Daryl Zero wrote:
Same here. Bear down!
And 1!
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Schnebly wrote:Image
YES!!!!
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I sure hope today is the day!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Mmmmmmm........
-JB
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

:D
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

It's real hard to not get excited at this picture. We need some things to happen to our athletic program for sure!!!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Don't get too excited guys.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

1560s Guy

Post by 1560s Guy »

Get excited.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What kind of shoes had he been shooting with prior to earlier games he didn't play in?

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Irish27 wrote:
Well shit
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Get excited anyway.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

As many have stated in this thread
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

84Cat wrote:As many have stated in this thread
I said long ago it's up to biology at this point.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah, but what does the Bible say about biology?

"For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him." (Colossians 1:16)

Perhaps it isn't up to biology, but instead up to God.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

az91

Post by az91 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
84Cat wrote:As many have stated in this thread
I said long ago it's up to biology at this point.
Hmm, between Trier and Pitts, we have seen two of the oddest, most secretive suspensions in NCAA history. I'm surprised Trier didn't turn pro and just put this whole mess behind him. He should have left after last year.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Seriously. Arizona suspensions are the most secret and we'll guarded in sports history. Doesn't make any sense.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I'd say with the certainty of people's reaction that he is getting close, and Miller's sudden willingness to talk, the biology thing makes sense. You can see the number coming down if it is a piss/blood test, and based on how quickly it is disappearing from detection, you can math your way into when he will return.

My guess is he ingested something against NCAA rules, but deemed medically necessary (after a car crash maybe). The NCAA suspended him for the year. He appealed based upon the medical necessity/reasonableness of his taking the med in his situation. The NCAA approved his appeal on the blind review, but shit bricks at the loophole this could present (Dr Feelgood's prescribing banned substances. Though not the case here, they have a reason for concern). So the NCAA, to cover this loophole, says "OK...a medical necessity led to this. But in this case, while we can overturn the penalty, we will not allow you to play until this banned substance is no longer detectable by our panel test." So he is passing his way back onto the court.

Am I close?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You guys noticed that Jill Savage (PAC 12 Network floor reporter working this game) reported that Miller told her he expects Trier back this season? That's called commenting on the situation.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:I'd say with the certainty of people's reaction that he is getting close, and Miller's sudden willingness to talk, the biology thing makes sense. You can see the number coming down if it is a piss/blood test, and based on how quickly it is disappearing from detection, you can math your way into when he will return.

My guess is he ingested something against NCAA rules, but deemed medically necessary (after a car crash maybe). The NCAA suspended him for the year. He appealed based upon the medical necessity/reasonableness of his taking the med in his situation. The NCAA approved his appeal on the blind review, but shit bricks at the loophole this could present (Dr Feelgood's prescribing banned substances. Though not the case here, they have a reason for concern). So the NCAA, to cover this loophole, says "OK...a medical necessity led to this. But in this case, while we can overturn the penalty, we will not allow you to play until this banned substance is no longer detectable by our panel test." So he is passing his way back onto the court.

Am I close?
You're certainly in the ballpark my man.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
gumby wrote:Am I the only one worried now?

You guys are cool!
IF in the case of PED's (big if in an unknown world) Trier won some kind of appeal, (the speculation is it is most likely that he was unaware that he ingested a banned substance) there is a process where the appeal is granted and he is given a reduced penalty, which in this case is 50% of his eligible season.

In this case, Miller would play it safe and not even consider playing him until at minimum 50% of season was played...we jut hit that benchmark last night.

Now then Trier would need to be "RE-instated" which is a paperwork process (that includes a clean drug test) proving he had met all penalty requirements...THEN the NCAA reinstates him...

Soooooo....either it gets done today or sometime next week (because it's Friday and the NCAA is mostly made up of Lawyers who like to golf) there is a chance he is not cleared to play until next week...

This is all based on speculation of why he is suspended...if it is NOT some sort of PED anomaly that he won an appeal, then he ain't coming back this season, no matter how positive he reacts on the bench.
This is what I think it is. I drive Uber around the U of A to pick up some extra $$ Let me just say the scenery ain't half bad...if you know what I mean.

About a month and a half ago I picked up a guy who said he worked with the basketball team as part of the managing staff. I asked him what was going on with the Trier situation and he told me that a trainer had accidentally given Trier a banned substance unknowingly. I think he implicated that it was during the healing of the wrist (but that part he wasn't very clear on). That it was completely the trainer's fault and that Trier was suffering the consequences. And that the trainer got in a ass load of trouble.

Is that a PED? Dunno. But this is the story from a guy I picked up driving Uber who said he was with the team.

Again, this was told to me a month and a half ago. I didn't mention anything here because I thought this mess would be sorted out by now. But I haven't read anything of anyone flat out denying PED or banned substance. Especially from those in the know.

Side Note:

About a week after I was told this by the "manager" I nearly splatted Trier in a crosswalk while driving Uber at the corner of 6th and Cambpell. I stopped in the right hand lane heading west on 6th and looked both ways, about to make a right on a red and Trier and another player sprinted into the crosswalk heading South on Campbell trying to catch the green light. I had already started my right hand turn and had to clamp the brakes.

For the record, I would've felt like a complete asshole. I care that much about this team.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

DiehardDave37 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Daryl Zero wrote:
Same here. Bear down!
And 1!
And another 1. Maybe he can just be declared ineligible.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

One note is the people seemingly in the know keep saying there is no half year or end semester type benchmarks in play here, just "biology". Sounds every bit like the NCAA is closing the "needed med that is banned' loophole by requiring the med undetectable in a piss/blood test. This is close. But 2nd semester or half.season are not considerations
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

EVCat wrote:One note is the people seemingly in the know keep saying there is no half year or end semester type benchmarks in play here, just "biology". Sounds every bit like the NCAA is closing the "needed med that is banned' loophole by requiring the med undetectable in a piss/blood test. This is close. But 2nd semester or half.season are not considerations
I think to be consistent the NCAA would probably wait until half of the eligible season to reinstate him, but would require a CLEAN drug test, so it could be both 50% and biology...

"Please note, for all NCAA drug tests administered on or after August 1, 2016, it is not required that the eligibility of a student-athlete be restored by the Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee after he or she has fulfilled a drug-testing penalty and has tested negative in accordance with the testing methods authorized by the NCAA Board of Governors."

So lets suppose he won his appeal, according to this they would not need to reinstate him it would simply be a matter of a clean test...now this is where it gets dicey...some of these PED's/banned substances can stay in your system for months, because they are not natural they metabolize in the liver and urine and so they are detectable much longer than simply in the blood..certain kinds of steroids can be in your system up to 11 months...

I did see a pic he posted saying he only drinks water right now...sounds like he's trying to get a clean test...
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:You guys noticed that Jill Savage (PAC 12 Network floor reporter working this game) reported that Miller told her he expects Trier back this season? That's called commenting on the situation.
Oh, so you have be a pretty girl to get him to talk. Typical.
Right where I want to be.