Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Longhorned »

Schlabach literally has reported nothing in his recent pieces. No outlet besides ESPN has touched anything he's written. Dick Vitale's tweets are taken seriously by maybe four to six people, none of whom have a following.

This is why none of this matters.

The only report that ever mattered was the report that sources identified Sean Miller on a wiretap offering 100K for Ayton. But since that phone conversation never happened, that report only continues to matter for ESPN.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I can't imagine the level of anger and hate Sean Miller has toward Vitale, Schlabach, ESPN, et al...

When the dust settles and the lid is closed on this -- I'm hoping for Miller to absolutely go off on those who tried to railroad him.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

This is a fucking embarrassment from ESPN.

Why are they doubling-down?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

SabinoDrifter wrote:This is a fucking embarrassment from ESPN.

Why are they doubling-down?
Every story needs its bad guy. ESPN has chosen that guy to be Sean Miller.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I'm still trying to figure out why that fucking one-eyed idiot has such a hard on for CSM? I can't recall him ever going after coaches directly.

"I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!"
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Dick Vitale trying desperately to hang on. The fog of fear of aging becoming irrelevant. DV's slick using espn soap box as a pretext for his road rage. All the while knowing Miller won't respond.

Time to stfu schmuck.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

I have changed my mind

I am taking a massive dump on Vitale's grave after he dies
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Irish27 wrote:
Ok, fine, I'll buy that middle finger ESPN cactus shirt Jefe's going to sell.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
DookieV doesn't remember who coined the term "DookieV" does he?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So the ABOR are meeting again to discuss AZ mens basketball on supposedly new information on paying players. I assume this is the Rawle information and of course my ASSU colleagues are running around saying CSM will be terminated. Any info on what this meeting might bring?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

Jefe - I will absolutely do a dri-fit version of that shirt.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:So the ABOR are meeting again to discuss AZ mens basketball on supposedly new information on paying players. I assume this is the Rawle information and of course my ASSU colleagues are running around saying CSM will be terminated. Any info on what this meeting might bring?
This has nothing to do with Rawle. This was a planned meeting before to discuss many issues and the ongoing trials. This is a huge nothing burger of substance. ABOR is just doing what they were always planning on doing. It is part of their normal talks in normal course of business.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

prh wrote:Yeah let's fucking go RJ
Bramlett
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Ok, fine, I'll buy that middle finger ESPN cactus shirt Jefe's going to sell.
Got so many compliments at tailgating haha. PM'd you!
goslingswagg wrote:Jefe - I will absolutely do a dri-fit version of that shirt.
PM'd you!

If either of you want an XL I have it now. Damn, forgot to take a pic of it again.
Last edited by Jefe on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azcat49 wrote:So the ABOR are meeting again to discuss AZ mens basketball on supposedly new information on paying players. I assume this is the Rawle information and of course my ASSU colleagues are running around saying CSM will be terminated. Any info on what this meeting might bring?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

From what I have heard Jack shit, literally its a worthless meeting as no new information has come out

Miller talked with Dawkins about Bruce Bowen and no money changed hands obviously since Bruce did not end up here

if Rawle took money from an agent that is no different then Michael Wright or Jason Terry taking money from agents while in school. Had nothing to do with Sean Miller

There is still ZERO proof Miller or Dawkins ever discussed $100,000 to pay Deandre Ayton to come to Arizona

The FBI have listened to all the wire taps and have never charged Sean Miller with anything. Given the high profile of this case they would probably be salivating at taking down a big time coach

ESPN and people like Dick Vitale are trying to distract people from problems at schools like Duke and Kansas to take down Arizona

Fuck ESPN
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

the wording "special board meeting" doesn't have the sound of a regularly scheduled meeting. Agreed none of this information seems to be new but it sure is being portrayed that way in the press
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:the wording "special board meeting" doesn't have the sound of a regularly scheduled meeting. Agreed none of this information seems to be new but it sure is being portrayed that way in the press
Absolutely nothing to worry about. It is deemed "special" because it is outside the normal scope of business for the ABOR. Only reason
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Newportcat wrote:Miller talked with Dawkins about Bruce Bowen and no money changed hands obviously since Bruce did not end up here
He wasn't Arizona good

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

:lol:
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

As I said yesterday
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Jefe wrote:
Newportcat wrote:Miller talked with Dawkins about Bruce Bowen and no money changed hands obviously since Bruce did not end up here
He wasn't Arizona good

Sorry Brian Bowen

And Bruce Bowen is worth $100K
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
I guess he forgot that Jason Terry took $15k while he was at Ariz and we paid back the tournament revenue and lost our consec streak. This was under Lute. The staff nor anyone else knew this happened. Terry repaid the University.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Irish27 wrote:
Tell Dick the trial is over and his butt buddy Mark is the only one writing about it. Please tell me where the 100K for Ayton is. The only thing that came out was them paying a 15K to a friend to c onvince him to go to KANSAS.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Jefe wrote:
He wasn't Arizona good
FYI

Sydney Kings Sign NBL Next Star
Nineteen year-old American Brian Bowen II will become the first player in the NBL’s Next Stars program when he lines up for the Sydney Kings in 2018-19.

The Next Stars program contracts NBA draft eligible players and develops them in Australia with a view to fast tracking their readiness for the NBA.

The initiative follows the drafting of Terrance Ferguson by NBA team Oklahoma City Thunder after he elected not to go to college in the US, instead spending the 2016/17 NBL season with the Adelaide 36ers straight out of high school.
Sydney Season Statistics

Code: Select all

Bowen, Brian  (starting SF) 4games; 20.5min; 42.9%fgm; 71.4%3pm; 83.3%ftm; 3.8rpg; 0.5apg; 10.5ppg  
Sydney is 2-2 on the year so far.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Ha! Guarantee he gets into some brawls over there.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Anyone thik that the 15 calls have been what was previously testified too?

"In a text-message exchange between Dawkins and Brian Bowen Sr. on April 12, 2017, Dawkins texts, "Trier is returning," to which Brian Bowen Sr. replies, "U call Shawn (sic) back if so what he say?" And in a message later Dawkins replies, "He's trying to sell saying trier can be played with and it's a good situation."

A phone number belonging to Miller called Dawkins' phone on May 8, 2017, and the call lasted 18 minutes, according to the records. There were 11 more calls involving Miller's number before Bowen II picked the Cardinals, including a 14-minute call on May 19, 12 minutes on May 20 and 13 minutes on May 21."

Sean's job is to recruit players and especially convince player and their families that they will be able to get minutes regardless of who's on the team.
Last edited by TheCat on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

One of Oregon's assistants had 30 calls with Dawkins during the same time period.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:One of Oregon's assistants had 30 calls with Dawkins during the same time period.
I wonder how many Self had with Addidas? None of that will be reported. I'm starting to get pissed. Tell Vitale he better not head to Tucson..... :twisted: :o :oops:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

TheCat wrote:Anyone thik that the 15 calls have been what was previously testified too?

"In a text-message exchange between Dawkins and Brian Bowen Sr. on April 12, 2017, Dawkins texts, "Trier is returning," to which Brian Bowen Sr. replies, "U call Shawn (sic) back if so what he say?" And in a message later Dawkins replies, "He's trying to sell saying trier can be played with and it's a good situation."

A phone number belonging to Miller called Dawkins' phone on May 8, 2017, and the call lasted 18 minutes, according to the records. There were 11 more calls involving Miller's number before Bowen II picked the Cardinals, including a 14-minute call on May 19, 12 minutes on May 20 and 13 minutes on May 21."

Sean's job is to recruit players and especially convince player and their families that they will be able to get minutes regardless of who's on the team.
Rawle took longer than Trier to return. The calls could have been discussing Rawle's status. We were clearly still alive for Bowen until Rawle returned.

It doesn't really matter, though. ESPN will throw us front and center and more reasonable people will reserve judgment. Still no wiretap about 100k for Ayton, BTW. We're 9 months and ticking on no corroboration there.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I really just wanna know what Schlabach has against AZ. He's a senior writer over there. He's got power, which means he can turn the spotlight wherever he wants. Why is he doggedly shining it at AZ while clearly there are other programs with dirty hands, if not dirtier?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:I really just wanna know what Schlabach has against AZ. He's a senior writer over there. He's got power, which means he can turn the spotlight wherever he wants. Why is he doggedly shining it at AZ while clearly there are other programs with dirty hands, if not dirtier?
He is a football writer. Think about it logically and you will see it
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:I really just wanna know what Schlabach has against AZ. He's a senior writer over there. He's got power, which means he can turn the spotlight wherever he wants. Why is he doggedly shining it at AZ while clearly there are other programs with dirty hands, if not dirtier?
Sorry, PHX, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Pardon me for missing something that's obvious to you and others.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Sorry, PHX, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Pardon me for missing something that's obvious to you and others.
Schlabach is being used. He isn't necessarily against Arizona. But he is being used as someone with credibility (well used to before this) in college sports but no sources in the college basketball game
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Schlabach is being used. He isn't necessarily against Arizona. But he is being used as someone with credibility (well used to before this) in college sports but no sources in the college basketball game
Schlabach wasn't against anything when this all started, but believe me now he is absolutely against Miller and he needs him to be fired to be validated.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

What is this quote even supposed to mean?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:What is this quote even supposed to mean?
They will recommend firing Miller if facts that warrant it pop up. Until then nothing to worry about. Just talk to act tough to the general public of Arizona
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:
They will recommend firing Miller if facts that warrant it pop up. Until then nothing to worry about. Just talk to act tough to the general public of Arizona
Oh I'm aware they obtain zero power. It just appears they're virtue signaling to ASU fans at this point. I suppose that is their market though.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Does Schlabach actually have significant credibility in college sports? If he does, this is the first I've heard of it. Most of those ESPN "senior writers" are second-rate journalists, imo. I realize they get a lot of eyeballs, but that says more to me about ESPN's popularity than it does about the actual quality/respectability of content posted on that site. There are no Jim Murrays or David Hablerstams over there. Simmons is alright, and MacMullan too (not sure she's still there). But let's face it: ESPN.com has never really been a showcase for the finest sports journalism.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Does Schlabach actually have significant credibility in college sports? If he does, this is the first I've heard of it. Most of those ESPN "senior writers" are second-rate journalists, imo. I realize they get a lot of eyeballs, but that says more to me about ESPN's popularity than it does about the actual quality/respectability of content posted on that site. There are no Jim Murrays or David Hablerstams over there. Simmons is alright, and MacMullan too (not sure she's still there). But let's face it: ESPN.com has never really been a showcase for the finest sports journalism.
College Football yes. He was a good one but as Choo said, he is fucked beyond belief if Miller is not fired
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

We're on top of things, regardless of what thise things are.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

You can be sure that Schlabach is going to use that Tweet as proof that Miller will be fired any day now.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ESPN is mobilizing.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

ChooChooCat wrote: ESPN is mobilizing.
. . . its bowels.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote: ESPN is mobilizing.
That F ESPN shirt can't come fast enough. Those asshats think the BOR is going to be releasing safety updates?

ABOR should insititute a Miller job safety color coding system like W's terror alerts so ESPN can run a story a day. "STILL SAFETY LEVEL BLUE DESPITE CALL RECORDS."
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

In truth, it sure as hell would've been nice if the ABOR just came out and unambiguously reaffirmed their commitment to Coach Miller today. They gave Schlabach an inch, and he's gonna take a parsec.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

NYCat wrote:Mark Schlabach wrote this story the same Schlabach who said this about Auburn

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-footba ... /72795897/" target="_blank

Bump

Schlabach is taking the same stance as he did with Auburn. Surprised you guys haven't seen it since the start, it has been painfully obvious that is what he's doing. He's going to continue on this path because he's not NPR. He knows he screwed up with the Miller story and probably doesn't care if he's wrong or misrepresents things, Miller getting fired or stepping down would alleviate his situation.

Also btw, Schlabach's byline parter in a lot of these latest stories has been Paula Lavigne. Ask Sparty fans how they feel about her misrepresenting things

https://247sports.com/college/michigan- ... 115295936/" target="_blank
Last edited by NYCat on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Wow. Schlabach is an even bigger POS than I realized.

F him, F espn, and F anyone who's retweeting this garbage.
prh

Post by prh »

"following orders" is for fuck sure (open the Scheer tweet for full picture)

fuck espn