The Shitshow & remainder of regular season...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PHXCATS

Re: The Shitshow & remainder of regular season...

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat34 wrote:This was the call that got m thinking something was up:
Foul was on 15 who was past Trier already when he went up. I saw 15 fouls on the ground. Not sure the exact continuation rules but I think that would have counted as an And One in the association.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

The one wrong assumption that fans, and apparently quite a few referees make is, it can only be a shooting foul in College, High School, AAU, etc., if you are actually shooting/dunking. That is incorrect. If you are driving like Trier did there, GATHER THE BALL, and are moving toward the basket for a layup or dunk, and boom, they foul, that is considered being in the act of shooting. That should be a shooting foul and if you make the basket, it is an and one. Just like like being on the perimeter, gathering, and raising the ball up to your shooting slot before actually getting the shot off and you are hit on the wrist or forearm and dont physically get the shot off. Without looking at a rule book, I believe it is called continuous motion and the two examples I gave above should fall under that definition. This is why Miller freaks out every time this happens, a lot this season and in the past, because they are calling fouls on the floor. Refs miss a lot of these calls and I have no idea why. I can see some being judgment calls and being bang bang, but most of the time it is a blatant misunderstanding.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Stay healthy...that's all I want. Give me a 6 seed, and play on...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:Fucking tired of it. Someday Miller will be too, and that UNC job will be open.
This would absolutely kill me.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Just read this thread...Those who think that CSM isn't in the lead dog position for the UNC job are seriously out to lunch.

Source: Friends-boosters with ties to UNC AD.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Just read this thread...Those who think that CSM isn't in the lead dog position for the UNC job are seriously out to lunch.

Stop it CST, you're going to give me an ulcer ;-)......seriously though, this is why I keep preaching about how fortunate we are to have him......God forbid he leaves us for UNC or a few other bigger time programs....we will miss him terribly and doubt our next HC will be as good as him.

I remember how much I took Lute for granted until he was gone....not going to make the same mistake twice. As for UNC though, shouldn't they be getting slapped down by the NCAA by now? Geez, how long is that investigation going to take???
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Just read this thread...Those who think that CSM isn't in the lead dog position for the UNC job are seriously out to lunch.

Stop it CST, you're going to give me an ulcer ;-)......seriously though, this is why I keep preaching about how fortunate we are to have him......God forbid he leaves us for UNC or a few other bigger time programs....we will miss him terribly and doubt our next HC will be as good as him.

I remember how much I took Lute for granted until he was gone....not going to make the same mistake twice. As for UNC though, shouldn't they be getting slapped down by the NCAA by now? Geez, how long is that investigation going to take???
In my view the longer it takes the better. I think Roy still has 3-5 years in him and I am hoping that the sanctions that they will eventually bring on UNC will be very large (thus it will continue to take a while for them to be brought). If that's true I'd rather it be right when Roy leaves. If they were to bring sanctions today, I don't think Roy would just immediately bolt and there's a chance those sanctions would be done right in time for Miller to slide in as Roy boy's replacement. If Miller sees there are sanctions there's no way he bolts to face that, at least I hope not
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

good points @dc, though CSM did take the Arizona job while we were being investigated by the NCAA (and later hit with sanctions that put a limp in our recruiting). the unc hc spot will always be highly coveted but perhaps some really stiff and prolonged, death penalty-like sanctions will make the carolina job a lot less attractive for someone like Miller who hopefully feels as though he's already setup like royalty and sitting near the apex of college basketball. i hate the constant FF talk / pressure around CSM but must admit that kind of postseason success will only help cement his tenure here -- emotionally and in terms of accomplishment and legacy. definitely agree that the more runway the ncaa / unc / roy provides for CSM to do so, the better.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Especially with K in his twilight years UNC could be top dog by itself.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Merkin wrote:Especially with K in his twilight years UNC could be top dog by itself.
icwydt. i'm convinced that coach k is a vampire and will never ever leave. and even if someone with a clove of garlic gets too close, the dukies will preserve him like lenin (or maybe one of the jarry heads from futurama) and keep him in the coaches box perma-scowling forever. :cry:

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Lmao Dirtbags......funny but also believable ;-)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I got what I asked for. Thursday night I'll get what I am asking for again, and then again on Saturday...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Olsondogg wrote:I got what I asked for. Thursday night I'll get what I am asking for again, and then again on Saturday...
You sure ask for a lot of stuff.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I got what I asked for. Thursday night I'll get what I am asking for again, and then again on Saturday...
You sure ask for a lot of stuff.
I don't believe in religion, but I do in the basketball gods...