Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: Rawle Alkins

Post by CalStateTempe »

and how do we do that?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:and how do we do that?
Probably by following him on Twitter (OK) and tweeting @ him (technically a recruiting violation).
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Ferguson has some Mudiay like transcripts
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

UAEebs86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:and how do we do that?
Probably by following him on Twitter (OK) and tweeting @ him (technically a recruiting violation).
Yeah, I wouldn't follow a recruit's profile until he commits to your program.

Probably shouldn't until he's signed his LOI.

Tough to say.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Is subtweeting a violation?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Simmons tweeted the same about a week ago.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons are teenagers. You can see why they'd think and say that. But don't be Kansas fan and tweet Ferguson. It's more than a question of recruiting violations. Grown men with jobs and families simply shouldn't be embarrassing themselves on twitter. If a recruit needs grown men to tweet at him, that's where you should draw the line.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I wonder how likely it is that we get TF and JJ.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons are teenagers. You can see why they'd think and say that. But don't be Kansas fan and tweet Ferguson. It's more than a question of recruiting violations. Grown men with jobs and families simply shouldn't be embarrassing themselves on twitter. If a recruit needs grown men to tweet at him, that's where you should draw the line.
What if I use the alias Carlos Danger?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Ron Mexico
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

@Gymboylover
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:@Gymboylover
You can't spell NAMBLA without NBA. Is that the logic, because I'm not sure I'm ok with that one.
az91

Post by az91 »

No LOI from Alkins yet. Hope it arrives soon.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

az91 wrote:No LOI from Alkins yet. Hope it arrives soon.

Az91
Discussion on RA LOI
(Let's talk '16)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1512&start=2350" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Not that it's necessary.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

HiCat wrote:New Arizona commit Rawle Alkins making a play for five-star Terrance Ferguson

USA TODAY High School Sports March 12, 2016

Rawle Alkins has been committed to the University of Arizona for only a few days after his midweek announcement, but the No. 17 ranked player in the Class of 2016 is already working 0n another high-profile recruit.

Saturday via Twitter, Alkins urged Arizona fans to show more love to Terrance Ferguson, a shooting guard from Advanced Prep (Dallas) who is ranked as the No. 13 player in the class.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/new-arizona ... e-ferguson" target="_blank
A reminder for any of those concerned about TF impact....

Thanks you stud HiCat! Damn, these days I'm paranoid as crap with recruits....and Pascoe got me thinking....but in the back of my head something didn't seem right. RA is going to be an Arizona Wildcat folks....enjoy the ride and BTFD :-)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Not that it's necessary.
The sky is not falling yet.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

wtf?
then theres this:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Who the hell is Ryan McCumber and why should I give two shits what his opinion is?

I also don't understand Scheer's tweet at all. Alkins isn't in the same scenario as Maker.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Apparently he played 8 varsity games as an 8th grader haha. Would that affect his eligibility here?

Phenomenal athlete. He appears to be ambidextrous as well

Latest issue of SLAM Magazine:

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

once again kids that just really don't want the college experience yet the NBA forces them to do so. The 1 year rule is dumb. As been stated many times, let them go or stay 3 years. Their choice

And didn't Maker get the go ahead to put his name in the draft?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

So Google isn't helping. Anyone have insight into why Gabriel, Isaac and Alkins need lawyers?

It's easy to find the stuff about Rawle needing to take a prep year because he played high school ball in ith grade, but that can't be an NCAA issue, right?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Man, Rawle's going to add some New York toughness to Arizona. Got that beast mode freakin attitude going to the hoop. Almost scary.
We're in for some great basketball boys! 8-)
Last edited by HiCat on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So he may be ineligible?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: It's easy to find the stuff about Rawle needing to take a prep year because he played high school ball in ith grade, but that can't be an NCAA issue, right?
It could be. The concern is if the NCAA rules that Rawle spent 5 years in high school, but didn't graduate in 4 years that would make him a partial qualifier and ineligible to play his first year in college. It's such a ridiculous rule. I don't understand why it would matter if a guy graduated in 4 years or 5 or 12, as long as the school he wants to attend accepts him then why prevent him from playing?

Either way someone or some jurisdiction considers him a 5th year high school player otherwise he would've made the McDonald's AA game.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Wow. This is actually big news. Not sure why everyone's so carefree. Sounds like he may never play a game for AZ.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

Thon Maker just got cleared to enter the NBA draft. I'm not sure what this means for situations like Rawle though.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote: It's easy to find the stuff about Rawle needing to take a prep year because he played high school ball in ith grade, but that can't be an NCAA issue, right?
It could be. The concern is if the NCAA rules that Rawle spent 5 years in high school, but didn't graduate in 4 years that would make him a partial qualifier and ineligible to play his first year in college. It's such a ridiculous rule. I don't understand why it would matter if a guy graduated in 4 years or 5 or 12, as long as the school he wants to attend accepts him then why prevent him from playing?

Either way someone or some jurisdiction considers him a 5th year high school player otherwise he would've made the McDonald's AA game.
Well, I can see the McD's idea because he actually played HS ball over 5 years. What I don't get is blending that with his academic progress. Unless the articles I read are really leaving something out, he played ball in parts of 5 years but spent 4 years in school.

I can't see how it makes sense to punish him for that. That worries me, because that phrase usually means the NCAA will punish someone for it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Airizona wrote:Thon Maker just got cleared to enter the NBA draft. I'm not sure what this means for situations like Rawle though.
About college eligibility, nothing. The draft entry rule is a NBA creation.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Airizona wrote:Thon Maker just got cleared to enter the NBA draft. I'm not sure what this means for situations like Rawle though.
I don't mean about college eligibility. Would Rawle be able to enter the NBA draft?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Airizona wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I don't mean about college eligibility. Would Rawle be able to enter the NBA draft?
I'm shocked Maker got in. The NBA has to deem you a member of the '15 class that took a prep year afterwards. Since Rawle is just graduating now, I can't see how the NBA could see him as a year removed from HS, which is the rule.

Maker has a weird situation where he was maybe reclassifying to come out after '15 that Rawle never did, so I really doubt Rawle could get into the draft.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Airizona wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I'm shocked Maker got in. The NBA has to deem you a member of the '15 class that took a prep year afterwards. Since Rawle is just graduating now, I can't see how the NBA could see him as a year removed from HS, which is the rule.

Maker has a weird situation where he was maybe reclassifying to come out after '15 that Rawle never did, so I really doubt Rawle could get into the draft.
I was surprised too. Thanks for the insight.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Well, I can see the McD's idea because he actually played HS ball over 5 years. What I don't get is blending that with his academic progress. Unless the articles I read are really leaving something out, he played ball in parts of 5 years but spent 4 years in school.

I can't see how it makes sense to punish him for that. That worries me, because that phrase usually means the NCAA will punish someone for it.
It's completely up for debate honestly. Alkins claim of course is he only played some varsity ball in Florida and didn't take HS courses. How the NCAA sees it I have no idea. You can't count on these schmucks to do anything right. It doesn't make sense to you or I, but that's the NCAA rule for whatever reason. My guess is it'll be similar to a Cheik Diallo situation, at least that's all I hope it ends up being if anything at all.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Wow. This is actually big news. Not sure why everyone's so carefree. Sounds like he may never play a game for AZ.
You're never not panicking man lol.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

It's completely up for debate honestly. Alkins claim of course is he only played some varsity ball in Florida and didn't take HS courses. How the NCAA sees it I have no idea. You can't count on these schmucks to do anything right. It doesn't make sense to you or I, but that's the NCAA rule for whatever reason. My guess is it'll be similar to a Cheik Diallo situation, at least that's all I hope it ends up being if anything at all.
Yeah, I don't get the idea of heavily weighting what he did in Florida. If he goes from that to do 4 years of normal HS that would have him eligible, I don't understand why the extra pre-HS would or should invalidate 4 years of legit work.

It seems sensible that if he is willing to give up anything he did in Florida in qualifying, why not? When do NCAA rules make sense though? That's all assuming he did HS courses in FLA. If he just played ball, this is just completely asinine.
Jwsisliving

Post by Jwsisliving »

Beachcat97 wrote:Wow. This is actually big news. Not sure why everyone's so carefree. Sounds like he may never play a game for AZ.
You've got to be the most negative and worst fake-fan I've ever seen. Go away.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Jwsisliving wrote:
You've got to be the most negative and worst fake-fan I've ever seen. Go away.
Just let me know when he's cleared.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Beach, for someone who lives so close to the beach in a state with beautiful weather and lax medical marijuana laws, you stress too damn much bud
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

BC97's blood pressure just went down 40 points.
-JB
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UAEebs86 wrote:BC97's blood pressure just went down 40 points.
BUT WHAT ABOUT HIS ELIGIBILITY.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Exactly!!!! AHHHHHHHH!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Exactly!!!! AHHHHHHHH!

-JB
Dave

Post by Dave »

Rawle is going to bring a edge to our team that we have been missing for a long time. Can't wait!
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:

Cool updates. Keep em coming. Notice how things always work out after firing up a doobie Merk. hehe :lol:
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Alkins' LOI and the '16-17 lineup

April 14, 2016 5:24 pm • Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star

Day two of the spring signing period has just about passed and the Wildcats have still not announced a letter of intent from Rawle Alkins. UA has been posting an official welcome on its Twitter site once a letter is received.

It’s unclear if that means anything, but nothing is ever certain in recruiting until the LOIs are in (and even then they still aren't always certain). In any case, UA does typically prefer to get LOIs lined up together if possible so it can announce them at the same time, early in the signing period, though sometimes you'll hear of a recruit who can't sign right away because of some extenuating circumstance.

I’ve been told by multiple people that Alkins will return to his home in New York from North Carolina this weekend. My text message to Alkins was not returned, though one of his former coaches said he believed Alkins would sign.

Alkins has until May 18 to sign an LOI and technically doesn’t have to ever, as long as he signs non-binding scholarship papers before arriving and coaches are willing to wait.

UA also has not posted confirmation that it has an LOI from Ferguson, either, though the Dallas wing made his plans pretty clear during his announcement Wednesday that he would play for the Wildcats.

If all the LOIs do arrive, Arizona will have seven well-regarded talents between the point guard, shooting guard and small forward spots.

Analysts Josh Gershon of Scout and Jerry Meyer of 24/7 Sports both said that poses a challenge for UA coach Sean Miller, but that the Wildcats can go with a smaller lineup that shifts Ray Smith or even Alkins at power forward.

But there are differences in each player's game. Here's how Meyer broke down the expected perimeter freshmen: Kobi Simmons, Alkins and Ferguson.

“Kobi’s very athletic, sort of a high-risk, high-reward style of player who likes to make the big play, and can play the one or two,” Meyer said. “Terrance Ferguson can play the two or three. He’s very athletic in transition and not the strongest guy, so in traffic he doesn’t have as much of an impact.”

“And Rawle’s just a bully, a really physical perimeter player. He has point-guard ballhandling skills but doesn’t have point guard speed.”

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/a ... cd47d.html" target="_blank
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Rumor is that Alkins will be signing today
az91

Post by az91 »

3goggles wrote:Rumor is that Alkins will be signing today
LOL, this could become a daily post.