2016-17 new uniforms

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Macho Grande

Re: 2016-17 new uniforms

Post by Macho Grande »

A local high school team here in San Antonio with the same same colors as UofA started using the gradients on their football jersey's this year. Couldn't help but laugh a little when I noticed it.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:1. End the gradient obsession
2. End the Copper obsession

Two things nobody asked for, yet keep getting rammed down our throats.
What you want or need has absolutey 0 impact or bearing on anything uniform related. You don't wear the uniforms...the team does. Jeebus...the idiocy in your post is just...lord.
You just never learn, do you?

Better hop on over to those other sites where the writers are criticizing the new look. They need to know how little impact their opinions have.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... alternates

http://zonazealots.com/2016/10/10/arizo ... -uniforms/
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The student council used to be involved in any matters about uniforms, and the students in turn used to consult with alumni representatives. The first time the athletics ignored us was when they hired a design firm to change the "A". We were furious. Now, every D1 fan in America just accepts that the shoe companies can do whatever they want to our teams' uniforms.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

What you want or need has absolutey 0 impact or bearing on anything uniform related. You don't wear the uniforms...the team does. Jeebus...the idiocy in your post is just...lord.

Better hop on over to those other sites where the writers are criticizing the new look. They need to know how little impact their opinions have.

Those are writers, not a random fan. Jeebus...the idiocy in your post...you just never learn do you?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
SCCats wrote:

I'd end the black uniform obsession too.

I mean, it can't be that bad to have classically good looking uniforms in your actual schools colors, can it?
Our black uniform is just a good way for the pink to stick out for the Yow breast cancer awareness stuff. That jersey is totally acceptable as a one off and makes a lot more sense than the copper obsession we have. We'll probably only wear those for the two ASU games if I had to guess.

I thought the gray/silver jerseys we had were pretty great. I'm sad to see those go and in place get two Copper uniforms. Either way my biggest beef is the gradients. It's fine for the blue jerseys to be blue with red trim and the red jerseys to be red with blue trim, but I digress.
Not only are the gradients there, they went from an accent on the FB sleeves to the central feature of the uniform. Jeez.

And this will really be a "get off my lawn" statement, but we're acting like a program with no tradition. It would be one thing if we had no history to reflect in our unis and were just trying to create one (i.e., Oregon football). We have a history and a classic look that just got wiped out of the design.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Preach spiff.

You don't see UK, UNC, or Duke BB pulling this shit.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Those are writers, not a random fan. Jeebus...the idiocy in your post...you just never learn do you?
Tell me then Hater, what are any of us doing here? Last time I checked, which was never, I"m pretty sure Sean Miller doesn't care what anyone here thinks the starting rotation should be, nor does RichRod care whether we think Tate, Dawkins or Anu should start the next game. Yet here we are with tens of thousands of posts and hundreds of threads going on for pages and pages on multiple websites with just such opinions and discussions going on and on and on. Those guys are "writers" not random fans? WTF? I'm just a random fan and I can write circles around anyone of those hacks on anyone of those garbage websites. I've no doubt about that, and my opinions are no more or less relevant than any of theirs. Some people like to talk about uniforms. I suspect it's because it's one of the ways in which they identify with their favorite team. Some people don't like them. What the fuck do you care? Why do you take it so personally? Did you, as a random fan, have anything to do with their design? I didn't think so. So, where do you get the authority to shut everyone down on a conversation they want to have? Frankly, I'm surprised you aren't ignorantly railing about the fact that several of the unis aren't even in the the University's Officially Authorized Copyrighted, Patented and Trademarked colors given your expertise in such matters from your tenure as the Master Stockboy at the Bookstore back in the day. Ironically, nobody cares what you think either. Yet here you are . . .
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm pretty sure Sean Miller cares about me. Just in the last few months, I'd given him the following advice:

-Undershirts are for sissies.
-That Ayton kid is good. You should see if he wants to come here.

Hopefully he listens about the gradients.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Macho Grande wrote:A local high school team here in San Antonio with the same same colors as UofA started using the gradients on their football jersey's this year. Couldn't help but laugh a little when I noticed it.

Where they belong.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Greg Byrne emails me. Right to my personal address. So I know he cares.

As does Sears, Best Buy ...
Good For You

Post by Good For You »

Those uniforms are so dope. So fire. Can't wait for the Sunset-Twilight game!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

hmmm
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good For You wrote:Those uniforms are so dope. So fire. Can't wait for the Sunset-Twilight game!
:lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Rawle

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Rawle looks like a bodybuilder.
Zero

Post by Zero »

He really put in some work. I remember him saying after he committed they gave him a workout plan.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

:lol:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

What sucks is that we are going to win a National Championship in those uni's so they will automatically become "classics."
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Not something I'd wear

But if the kids we recruit want them and like them, I like them and want them. I can't muster much opinion...I am not a fan of grown men wearing jerseys...
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UALoco wrote:What sucks is that we are going to win a National Championship in those uni's so they will automatically become "classics."
This is about the only way I could look fondly at these uniforms.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Those are total junk
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

still don't see the issue

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:still don't see the issue
They're really ugly and take a huge, steaming, runny dump on our tradition.

Other than that, I agree with you.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

These are the worst basketball uni's Arizona has ever had. Including the god damn "Zona" unis.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

The thing I don,t get is how in the year 2016 we can not have the "rainbow" at least blend in together instead of using stripes of distinctly different colors. It appears the HS uniforms earlier in this thread where even able to blend the color change in.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

gronk4heisman wrote:The thing I don,t get is how in the year 2016 we can not have the "rainbow" at least blend in together instead of using stripes of distinctly different colors. It appears the HS uniforms earlier in this thread where even able to blend the color change in.
i seriously seriously doubt it is because nike doesn't have the technology. be serious. it is a part of the design.

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Wow

I thought the gradient on the white uni shorts looked very bad in the initial pictures

In those pictures they actually look even significantly worse than the very bad I thought they were going to look

I didn't really expect downside surprise on super low expectations, but there it is
gumby

Post by gumby »

I think it's part of the process, and I honor the process.

Miler is saying, "You start with these uniforms. If you defend like college players, instead of high school ones, we'll graduate to the traditionally nice ones."

Like a reward.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

BearDown89 wrote:
Tell me then Hater, what are any of us doing here? Last time I checked, which was never, I"m pretty sure Sean Miller doesn't care what anyone here thinks the starting rotation should be, nor does RichRod care whether we think Tate, Dawkins or Anu should start the next game. Yet here we are with tens of thousands of posts and hundreds of threads going on for pages and pages on multiple websites with just such opinions and discussions going on and on and on. Those guys are "writers" not random fans? WTF? I'm just a random fan and I can write circles around anyone of those hacks on anyone of those garbage websites. I've no doubt about that, and my opinions are no more or less relevant than any of theirs. Some people like to talk about uniforms. I suspect it's because it's one of the ways in which they identify with their favorite team. Some people don't like them. What the fuck do you care? Why do you take it so personally? Did you, as a random fan, have anything to do with their design? I didn't think so. So, where do you get the authority to shut everyone down on a conversation they want to have? Frankly, I'm surprised you aren't ignorantly railing about the fact that several of the unis aren't even in the the University's Officially Authorized Copyrighted, Patented and Trademarked colors given your expertise in such matters from your tenure as the Master Stockboy at the Bookstore back in the day. Ironically, nobody cares what you think either. Yet here you are . . .
post of the decade
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

97cats wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
post of the decade
that post was a rambling mess of nonsense. may god have mercy on your soul.

but in all seriousness, it really makes no sense. you guys get so goddamn offended if the AD absolutely DARES challenge your authority on uniforms. it's childish, immature and makes no damn sense. you can talk about it if you want, but it doesn't make the whining any less childish, immature or nonsensical. if you hate the uniforms (they're just uniforms for crying out loud!!!) so much, then stop being a fan of the team. your argument above is just a giant sh*tstain on this forum for how idiotic it is. good god.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So wait...as a fan I can't state that those uniforms fucking suck?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:still don't see the issue
They're really ugly and take a huge, steaming, runny dump on our tradition.

Other than that, I agree with you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Olsondogg wrote:So wait...as a fan I can't state that those uniforms fucking suck?
Nope, you keep your opinions to yourself! Recruits love them and that's all that matters! Your opinion and place in this world is null and void.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So wait...as a fan can I state that ASUHATER is a fucking douche?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So I guess asu hater is cool that we'll look like a DIII shit sandwich.

Again, teams that have been there before don't do this. Telling...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
post of the decade
that post was a rambling mess of nonsense. may god have mercy on your soul.

but in all seriousness, it really makes no sense. you guys get so goddamn offended if the AD absolutely DARES challenge your authority on uniforms. it's childish, immature and makes no damn sense. you can talk about it if you want, but it doesn't make the whining any less childish, immature or nonsensical. if you hate the uniforms (they're just uniforms for crying out loud!!!) so much, then stop being a fan of the team. your argument above is just a giant sh*tstain on this forum for how idiotic it is. good god.
I just ordered this and it will be delivered tomorrow.

http://shop.uabookstore.arizona.edu/mai ... Basketball" target="_blank

Opinions are like buttholes. I have a butthole, you have a butthole, and the new uniforms look like a bag of smashed buttholes.

Look, this is America, and Rocky Balboa got brain damage protecting our freedom to express our opinions on the suckiness of the new uniforms. You know who would agree with you? Ivan Drago, because he took steroids, murdered Carl Weathers and ruined a James Brown performance in the name of a slavish devotion to his superiors. Even Drago realized by the end that his superiors weren't always right, though.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Rawle looks like a bodybuilder.
Shhhhhhh!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Opinions are like buttholes. I have a butthole, you have a butthole, and the new uniforms look like a bag of smashed buttholes.

Look, this is America, and Rocky Balboa got brain damage protecting our freedom to express our opinions on the suckiness of the new uniforms. You know who would agree with you? Ivan Drago, because he took steroids, murdered Carl Weathers and ruined a James Brown performance in the name of a slavish devotion to his superiors. Even Drago realized by the end that his superiors weren't always right, though.
That was amazing. Whatever Spaceman hits, he destroys.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Don't be such a sh*tstain
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Opinions are like buttholes. I have a butthole, you have a butthole, and the new uniforms look like a bag of smashed buttholes.

That was amazing. Whatever Spaceman hits, he destroys.
If he dies, he dies.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Thought I could live w the whites until the latest pics. They are all awful
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Good God the new unis look so frickin' ugly and so out of whack with our school colors! How in hell did these get approved? Smh....

I seem to recall from Marketing 101 something about the perils of screwing with your brand too much....
Last edited by Bangkok Wildcat on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

97cats wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
post of the decade
This is why I have ASUHATER on ignore....he's so damned negative and likes to attack UA fans on a personal level if they don't conform to his way of thinking....I used to post here more often thinking this was a safe place where as a diehard UA fan, I could post my support of the UA in a safe environment and not be attacked for it by another UA fan (polite / respectful disagreements are very welcome of course).....used to be fun but real haters like ASUHATER have made it less fun......
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote: that post was a rambling mess of nonsense. may god have mercy on your soul.

Please tell me this was your half-assed attempt at quoting Billy Madison. 'Cuz that's fucking pathetic, dude. You should be just as ashamed about that as you are about the vast majority of your posts on this website.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

97cats wrote:post of the decade
Why, thank you 97! Bear Down.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

While watching the wide shot ... in low definition ... the uniforms are still pretty bad.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:While watching the wide shot ... in low definition ... the uniforms are still pretty bad.
Yeah. This is the first time I can remember that I've had zero desire to buy Arizona gear. I'm already resigned fo hoping the next version is better.