Tarczewski

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Frybry02

Re: Tarczewski

Post by Frybry02 »

Maybe something about sitting on the bench and missing all those games had an affect mentally on Zeus.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I was in 1st grade in 1988 :(
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Dude, your :( should be :)
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ehhh, Lute blamed Lofton for flopping on Hunt. Play through the bad calls or no calls.

Brian Williams was an incredible talent, but as part of the Tucson Skyline played more PF than center, but could have been the best UA big ever. He was incredible when he wanted to be.

Come to find out later he never even liked basketball, just played it since he was good at it.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Puerco wrote:Dude, your :( should be :)
LOL. More because I have very limited memories of that era and had little understanding of basketball or how great that team really was at the time. I remember Sean Elliot scoring, Anthony Cook dunking, Steve Kerr never missing from deep, Kenny Lofton having video game speed, etc., but I couldn't tell you when any of those things happened specifically. I dont remember how that UNLV game ended, I just remember losing at the end
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Think this OH SHIT from York is from a Zeus jam.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Glad to seehim dominating. Reminds me of Channing Frye in the second half of the 2005 season
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
On the replay that shows the bench, you can clearly see Gabe York scream "OH S**T!"
For Merkin's recent post. The two clips were back to back live. Oh **** indeed.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Zero wrote:Kaleb is playing like a monster. The Kadeem crossover to pass was filthy.
Yes! Love that play, and Tarc's play in general.
Right where I want to be.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Not sure if the camera caught it, or if anyone else noticed, but after that play and with Zeus going to the free throw line, he flexed his muscles. It was awesome. Not something you see out of him.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Merkin wrote:Think this OH SHIT from York is from a Zeus jam.

He said it a few times. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

hahaha, i love how tolly is selling it there
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

So when the mock guys gonna take notice and rightfully have him climbing up/into these mocks? Wheres enfuego been by the way
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

KU lost, so enfuego will be away for the week.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Merkin wrote:Think this OH SHIT from York is from a Zeus jam.

He said it a few times. :lol:
Always love watching the radio interview and Ryno interview of one player post game. Thanks Catgirl for the post
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

I'm waiting for Enfuego to say how bad Zeus is.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Career high 14 boards
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Beast.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Had some big boy rebounds down the stretch
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

I will say this about Tarc, I have NEVER seen a 7 footer that wasn't a complete stiff with worse hands than him.

He literally does EVERYTHING else well for a 7 footer except stretch the floor (and dirks and Porzingis don't grow on trees).

If he had hands like Dusan he'd be a top 7 pick.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Finishing his career strong and pushing to be the winningest player in Arizona history. Funny how he didn't fold up crying and quit after getting yelled at vs Oregon.

Check out the stat increase across the board.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... ski-1.html" target="_blank

He's basically getting 50% more rebounds in the same amount of mpg.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

PennZona20 wrote:I will say this about Tarc, I have NEVER seen a 7 footer that wasn't a complete stiff with worse hands than him.

He literally does EVERYTHING else well for a 7 footer except stretch the floor (and dirks and Porzingis don't grow on trees).

Stiff? Really? I strongly disagree. That is not what I've seen in the second half of the season. IMO he has blossomed. It took him almost 4 years but Zeus is playing, by far, his best basketball. I want to see the ball in his hands. Zeus, Ristic, and Anderson may be the best front court in the conference. That block by Zeus was epic.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

* porzingii
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

We don't win shit without Zuess
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

This team will look completely different without Zeus in the middle next year.
Last edited by Frybry02 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Big boy game tonight for Zeus. Outside of Tollefsen, seniors nutted up that second half and willed that win
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

For those that couldn't watch on TV Lute came down and shook hands with Zeus and congratulated him after the game.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

People calling Zeus a stiff obviously don't remember when we had 7 seasons of Kirk Walters, Alex Jacobsen, Bret Brielmeier and Kyryl Natyzkho playing center.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

He has been everything you want from a senior. He's dealt with the emergence of Dusan, stepped his own game up and been a rock for an evolving team.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Zeus is leading us to a final four. Fuck it. Calling it.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Catintheheat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:I will say this about Tarc, I have NEVER seen a 7 footer that wasn't a complete stiff with worse hands than him.

Stiff? Really? I strongly disagree. That is not what I've seen in the second half of the season. IMO he has blossomed. It took him almost 4 years but Zeus is playing, by far, his best basketball. I want to see the ball in his hands. Zeus, Ristic, and Anderson may be the best front court in the conference. That block by Zeus was epic.

U misread my quote , a little confusing admittedly ...... I was saying the only big men I've seen w worse hands were guys that were absolute stiffs (Krlyl, Jacobsen, etc). I've never in my life seen an athletic big man like Zeus w hands anywhere near as bad as his. It's ridiculous how he can't hold onto the ball. It looks like it must be all lubed up when he tries to grab it.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Guys don't misunderstand. I LOVE ZEUS. I will take an Arizona center like him for the rest of my life watching college hoops. He is the most dominant 9ppg Center I can remember.

He affects the game in so many ways. Runs the floor like a 7 foot gazelle. Boxes out virtually every possession. Has been annihilating the boards on both ends lately too. I'm just saying as athletic and natural hoops player he is, it's incredible just how bad his hands are. I'm talking guy who turns it over all the time in the Y 40+ league bad.

I am fully aware that Centers like Okafor don't come around but once every few years. But what I am saying is Zeus is a pair of good hands away from being that type of player.

Having said that this team would be a bubble team without him and I am thrilled he was a 4 year player for us. Also what a great human being to represent UA, much like TJ and RHJ and others.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

On the bright side his terrible hands have kept him here for 4 years instead of 2ish. So there's that.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Why you so focused on his hands? Really dont think they have been that much of a problem this year
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I've made statements about his bad hands in the past, but that was in regards to his inability to corral rebounds that were within his grasp. He's gotten stronger and corrected that in a big way this year.

Now when you see him turn it over its more often than not because the entry pass ended up somewhere down near his ankles.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
They don't make highlight reels of rebounds but if they did two of those in the end of the game would be worthy of any highlight reel.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PennZona20 wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:

U misread my quote , a little confusing admittedly ...... I was saying the only big men I've seen w worse hands were guys that were absolute stiffs (Krlyl, Jacobsen, etc). I've never in my life seen an athletic big man like Zeus w hands anywhere near as bad as his. It's ridiculous how he can't hold onto the ball. It looks like it must be all lubed up when he tries to grab it.

Stiffs = Kirk Walters, Alex Jacobsen.

That's how I read it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Man, he's showing some bursts of jumping, blocking and boarding I hadn't seen before. He's going to cost Ryan Anderson some rebounds. Also, much more skilled with the tip-ins.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

However he did lose the opening tip for the first time I can remember so he needs to work at that
gumby

Post by gumby »

Been a rash of people struggling to say what they REALLY mean.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:However he did lose the opening tip for the first time I can remember so he needs to work at that
New strategy to immediately get possession arrow.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Merkin wrote:However he did lose the opening tip for the first time I can remember so he needs to work at that
New strategy to immediately get possession arrow.
No one gets mad when football teams defer the kickoff.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

So pretty much every knock on Zeus has been erased this season, and especially as of late. He's rebounding at a high level, showing he ISN'T soft and actually has a bit of mean to him, showing some spring in his legs, blocking shots.... And the hands haven't really been an issue either. I just don't see how he isn't drafted after this season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Like Miles said last night, coming back for his senior year really is going to help his draft stock. He may never be a star, but every team likes someone who can run the floor and play defense well.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

“He looks like an NBA center playing college.” “There aren’t a lot of players who are going to get 15 rebounds in 25 minutes."

Sean Miller
97cats

Post by 97cats »

66 rebounds in the last six games
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

You can see the maturity in his game this year. He was always a big, strong guy, but this year he's able to use that size and strength more effectively to grab rebounds without fouling. He doesn't reach, he goes up straight without fouling, he has patience on offense and doesn't try to make plays that aren't there.

For 97's point about his recent work on the glass, funny how that coincided with the throwdown between him and Miller. It's almost like Zeus and Miller have a relationship where they can get mad and not go to pieces, but instead have it turn into a winning streak and improved play.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

97cats wrote:66 rebounds in the last six games
He only had 90 in 18 Pac 12 games last year....Quite the turnaround on the glass.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

gronk4heisman wrote:
He only had 90 in 18 Pac 12 games last year....Quite the turnaround on the glass.
wow that's a telling stat, thank you -- albeit, some of that is due to the players around him on last yrs team, IMO, and some of that is due to what I think every one here and elsewhere sees which is Tarc finally reaching his full potential having his best yr as a fourth year senior starter which history shows is generally the case.