Official Bracketology Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bangkok Wildcat

Re: Official Bracketology Thread

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Called it last night...........if we had lost we would be a 5 seed. The Committee was never going to do any favors for University 4.

My next fear is that the NCAA is going to ship 3 zebras from the Ed Rush school of officiating for our game with Buffalo.

BTW, BankokWildCat I am 34,000 feet over the pacific on my way to Shanghai........have you figured out how to stream the
ncaa tourney outside the US??
Nope, think I had issues last year and missed the first and second round games but I did see the Xavier game....it varies year to year with the changing tech and geo blocking....the CBS app was so unreliable last year. Who knows this year but keep in touch via PM for strategies if you wish.

Have a good flight and be careful of all the Air pollution over there and here :-(
FirstRowSports always worked for me. Their pop up nonsense that you have to get through is very intricate and frustrating . . . but once you figure it out it’s not a big problem.
Thanks ByJove! ....but I’ve had my iOS butt kicked every time (>30 Times) I’ve tried it. So far Grandma Streams has been a godsend for me and he’s plugging that he will find a way to stream via YouTube, his site and some backups as well. Best case I get to watch on my Big tv...worst case on the iPad....or other avenues...always a crapshoot over here.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

All the teams on the fbi hit list got screwed. It’s likr the NCAA doesn’t want to wait 2-3 year before getting its chance to fuck over some programs.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote:All the teams on the fbi hit list got screwed. It’s likr the NCAA doesn’t want to wait 2-3 year before getting its chance to fuck over some programs.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... li=BBnb7Kz" target="_blank
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:All the teams on the fbi hit list got screwed. It’s likr the NCAA doesn’t want to wait 2-3 year before getting its chance to fuck over some programs.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... li=BBnb7Kz" target="_blank

Sure, this day you’re guilty until proven innocent....’trial by social media witch hunt’ as well as ‘click bait journalism’.....At the end, we may have some liability for Book’s alleged actions but it’s sad to see due process thrown out the window in this age of ADD Society and Media. Smh.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

BBQ wildcat wrote:They were just looking for a way to screw Arizona and Miller.

#fuckthenCAA
#fuck BSPN
#fuckBilas
#fuck PAC-12
#fucklarryscott
#fuckgreghansen

Did I miss anyone?

BTFD, Wildcats and show those east coast-biased motherfuckers!

OK, I'm done.
Don't forget to congratulate ASU!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I am convinced that five random people from any local sports bar could have come up with a better tournament bracket than the overpaid idiots employed by the NCAA.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I don''t have a lot of sympathy for USC. Yes, they had injuries and suspensions during the non conference. But they had two swipes at UCLA and two swipes at us. And couldn't beat ASU in Tempe. The most impressive thing they did was sweep the Oregon schools and Mountain schools on the road. Plus, their coach is an ass and gives us no respect. So.....the hell with them.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

zonagrad wrote:I am convinced that five random people from any local sports bar could have come up with a better tournament bracket than the overpaid idiots employed by the NCAA.
I agree, but it's sort of like:

"What's the difference between a cheap haircut and an expensive haircut? About 3 days."

And as for a bad tourney bracket v. a good tourney bracket, not even 3 days. It will be pure insanity regardless.

My biggest regret is that I always like the bracket to reveal what an idiot Joe Lunardi is, yet again. But this time, Joe Lunardi looks smarter than the committee. And that, my friends, is worse than dinner at Arby's.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:
zonagrad wrote:I am convinced that five random people from any local sports bar could have come up with a better tournament bracket than the overpaid idiots employed by the NCAA.

"What's the difference between a cheap haircut and an expensive haircut? About 3 days."

And as for a bad tourney bracket v. a good tourney bracket, not even 3 days. It will be pure insanity regardless.

My biggest regret is that I always like the bracket to reveal what an idiot Joe Lunardi is, yet again. But this time, Joe Lunardi looks smarter than the committee. And that, my friends, is worse than dinner at Arby's.
Don't you dare talk bad about a beef n cheddar/curly fries/jamocha shake dinner.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Longhorned wrote:

No - Lunardi is the problem. He has the inside with the committee and won't admit it. He already knows what they are going to do and then passes it off as his science. The guy couldn't put a bike together for his kid's birthday party without asking for help. He does have kids doesn't he?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azgreg wrote: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... edictions/" target="_blank
So Nate gives us a 1% chance of cutting down the nets? 6% for getting to a ff. Can't wait to make some noise and prove these guys wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:
azgreg wrote: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... edictions/" target="_blank
So Nate gives us a 1% chance of cutting down the nets? 6% for getting to a ff. Can't wait to make some noise and prove these guys wrong
So you're telling me there's a chance?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Given how 529 and Nate had it in the bag for Hillary; I’ll take his 1 and 6%.

It’s like the anti-SI jinx. We’re all good guys!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Given how 529 and Nate had it in the bag for Hillary; I’ll take his 1 and 6%.

It’s like the anti-SI jinx. We’re all good guys!
Was gonna make the exact same comment. Pretty sure he gave baby king a minuscule chance at winning, and here we are.

Sorry, no more politics.

We're getting to the FF.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

84Cat wrote:
It's math. You know what math can't help with? NCAA tourney projections. Because math is rational.

One year I used Nate Silver's projections for an experimental bracket. Just horrible.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Everyone is grading Arizona over the course of the year...defense, offense, etc...

This is a mistake...

It is a mistake to do this for ANY TEAM...

Look at the last 4-6 games and especially conference tournaments because THOSE are the teams playing in the NCAA championship...

It's this way every year...people want to cling to some out-dated record or expectation...

Based on this...Rawle and Trier have stepped back a little...PJC and Dusan have stepped FORWARD HUGE amounts...

So basically our offense is slipping a bit but our defense has taken a HUGE leap forward...they figured it out.

Most dangerous Miller team ever.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Most dangerous Miller team ever.
It's funny: I've been saying the same thing since November, even after the Bahamas. Even when the sub patterns felt off and our offense struggled, you could see that once we got some things figured out, it would be scary.

We start two 7 footers. One is as good of a low-post player as anyone in the country. The other is the #1 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft.

We've got one wing who can get into the lane and draw a foul almost whenever he wants, and another who is scrappier and gets lots of points on second shots and athletic moves in the paint.

And we've got a senior PG who's playing the best ball of his life.

The pieces are there, guys. We just need a little luck. Need to get that '11 mojo going.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The results are in.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That’s about rigth, reviewing the brackets I figured we should have been playing Clemson.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It just hit me. All the oddities of the selection committee's bracket point to one explanation: All of their decisions are to ju$tify getting Trae Young into the tourney.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

azgreg wrote:The results are in.

Yeah looks like the general consensus was:

Arizona - low 3 or high 4
UCLA - 10 (no play in)
USC - 10 (no play in)
ASU - 11 (play in)

Pac got sandbagged.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

YoDeFoe wrote:
azgreg wrote:The results are in.

Yeah looks like the general consensus was:

Arizona - low 3 or high 4
UCLA - 10 (no play in)
USC - 10 (no play in)
ASU - 11 (play in)

Pac got sandbagged.
The saying "screwed with our pants on" comes to mind.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Greenberg is still on TV jammering on about Arizona having to vacate the NC if they win it.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Greenberg still makes people call him coach. Fuck him.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Longhorned wrote:Greenberg is still on TV jammering on about Arizona having to vacate the NC if they win it.
Sounds good to me. Let's do it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Longhorned wrote:Greenberg is still on TV jammering on about Arizona having to vacate the NC if they win it.
What a fucking loser. I'll never entirely understand the "smear Miller!" campaign.

It's fine to admit you were wrong, Seth. Others have dialed down their confidence in Schlabach's piece, considering that it's entirely baseless and mainly speculative.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

HAVE THEY FOUND MARK??

IS ANYONE LOOKING FOR MARK
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

YoDeFoe wrote:HAVE THEY FOUND MARK??

I am not a twitter person, however, I have thought more seriously about it just to find schlabotch. It is one of the most intriguing aspects of this whole debacle. Are we sure there is even a real person? Was this account activated, used for years, credibility established just to be discarded after slandering public enemy no. 1? I mean it's been weeks now. You'd think we would have heard something. Right?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:HAVE THEY FOUND MARK??

I am not a twitter person, however, I have thought more seriously about it just to find schlabotch. It is one of the most intriguing aspects of this whole debacle. Are we sure there is even a real person? Was this account activated, used for years, credibility established just to be discarded after slandering public enemy no. 1? I mean it's been weeks now. You'd think we would have heard something. Right?
This is a very important metric no one is talking about...(well maybe me and sheer and few others on twitter, I bring it up every other day because FUCK Mark Schlabach and espn he rode in on)...

Mark WAS very active on twitter, he's a known journalist and has gone dead quiet...the story has gone dead quiet as well...my best guess is one fo two things happened...

1. ESPN told him almost immediately, "You've left us exposed, confirm this or find another job" and then gave him a set amount of time to work in...

THAT COULD BE 2 weeks...and being the dickmouth he is he MIGHT be waiting to drop his new infor/source right before we play again...he's a bit of an attention whore like that...IF espn agreed to his reporting...there might be something new this week...or weekend right before we play Kentucky.

2. He was quietly told to find another job, and make no scene...

I am leaning into theory #2 because the damage has been done and they would keep hammering it home if they had any evidence or reputable sources that had been vetted by higher ups...

He's gone.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

UAEebs86 wrote:

Lol fuck schlabach.

Being super active on twitter and then straight ghosting is the most obvious tell in history that something is amiss.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

For those if you that listen to podcasts, check out the latest from "The Sports Reporters". The old crew that was let go from that network we don't talk about.

Lupica went off on how the committee doesn't want to see Sean Miller or Deandre Ayton anywhere near the Final Four and stuck it to us.

Lupica and Ryan both think Ayton is the best player, although they and Albom think Bagley is right there.

They also went off on how horrible the selection show was.
Good stuff.
-JB
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

We are looking in for 2018-19, http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology" target="_blank
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Irish27 wrote:We are looking in for 2018-19, http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology" target="_blank
We're making the tourney next year.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Irish27 wrote:We are looking in for 2018-19, http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology" target="_blank
We're making the tourney next year.
ASU as a 10 seed lol!!!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

We're in! 10 seed lol. 5 P12 schools

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology" target="_blank
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

At least One Pac 12 team will be higher than a 5 and it won't be ucla. We should finish higher than a 10. Asu needed a miracle noncon to be a play in, not sure they will be better than that. It surprises me that Oregon isn't higher. Usc, they are usually a tougher out than expected, but didn't get much respect last year. It'll be interesting.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

And we're out. 0 seed

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... e-in-2019/" target="_blank
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Jefe wrote:And we're out. 0 seed

Well... no "Miller underperforms" articles this season.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Kinda surprising since most preseason polls have us in the #20-30 range.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Norlander has always been working with half a deck
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

ASUHATER! wrote:

Most polls have us unranked and outside of the "others considered" range. I've seen one, maybe two, that include Arizona.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

YoDeFoe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

Most polls have us unranked and outside of the "others considered" range. I've seen one, maybe two, that include Arizona.
Exactly. Definitely not in the out of the tournament category. Most have us solidly in the top 50 teams in the country.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

YoDeFoe wrote:

Well... no "Miller underperforms" articles this season.
ESPN: Hold my beer.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Lunardi’s First bracket has us out. UCLA and Washington as 5 seeds and Oregon as a 7 seed
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

IndianaZonaFan wrote:Lunardi’s First bracket has us out. UCLA and Washington as 5 seeds and Oregon as a 7 seed
Lunardi needs to watch some exhibition games...both Washington and Oregon barely got things going against pretty shallow Div.II teams...I haven't seen any UCLA stuff yet, but what I watch for early is teams that can defend, any team that does not defend against mediocre lower division teams are not going to go very far period...and in that vein the Beavs are actually going to be one of the better teams in the pac this year.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Katz also did a bracket. UW and UCLA 5, Oregon 7, USC playing 1st week to get in. Also has Grand Canyon as a 14 seed

AZ nowhere to found. I love it