Official Bracketology Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

KaibabKat

Re: Official Bracketology Thread

Post by KaibabKat »

Salt Lake City is nice - altitude should have less impact on us than Long Beach AND there are far fewer opportunities to party hardy the night before games.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

The committee loves their stories.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Wow! The legendary Winger is back?? Great!

Captain Obvious, dude it really isn't hypocritical to note your constant dickishness. Don't try to act like you don't revel in it.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CTL is asked about the Bozwell photo and he confirm's it and says it has been addressed

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Kind of a weak answer but not sure what I expected as it is an internal issue.

Hopefully it’s done and Boz learns from it and plays very well the next 6 games
Last edited by azcat49 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm Love the time. Too late in the day and we'll be nervous all day. This way I have a chance of being productive after as long as we win.
Same here. By 1130 I’ll be sneaking down the street to the sports bar for an extended lunch that should see me through the rest of our game.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:45 pm I'm deciding how much I want to put down on Long Beach State. I regret not doing the same last year with Princeton. Could have really cleaned up. Take my winnings and buy more Bitcoin. Or wait for a market crash and buy the dip.
:lol: Guys I dont know how to say this, because I know a lot of you take the Captain seriously, but he makes me laugh more than anyone else on the board! :lol:

Also he provides for us what Buddha recommended so often "No expectation, no problem"
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Katz actually picked Arizona to the FF. A lot of people are saying Arizona got an ideal draw and that's exactly why I believe they'll lose early. Long Beach State is a team on a mission since their coach has already been fired. That's why I think they'll win. They want to push their season out as far as they can for their coach. I think New Mexico will make an elite 8 run. I think Grand Canyon wins at least one game. Oregon makes the deepest run of all the Pac 12 teams. Watch out for McNeese State, Charleston, Drake, Colgate, and James Madison. It's gonna be a wild tournament that UCONN will win.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm Love the time. Too late in the day and we'll be nervous all day. This way I have a chance of being productive after as long as we win.
The women's game was just announced for the same day at 4pm Tucson time, so forget me doing anything but watching basketball all day. I suspect many of you will be the same.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CopaCat

Post by CopaCat »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:41 pm Katz actually picked Arizona to the FF. A lot of people are saying Arizona got an ideal draw and that's exactly why I believe they'll lose early. Long Beach State is a team on a mission since their coach has already been fired. That's why I think they'll win. They want to push their season out as far as they can for their coach. I think New Mexico will make an elite 8 run. I think Grand Canyon wins at least one game. Oregon makes the deepest run of all the Pac 12 teams. Watch out for McNeese State, Charleston, Drake, Colgate, and James Madison. It's gonna be a wild tournament that UCONN will win.
Welp at least I know who not to pick now. Thanks Captain for narrowing my brackets. Poor UCONN never knew who jinxed them.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Listening to Brad Evan’s, a sports handicapper and he said Kansas will be the first round upset and that AZ will be the first two out losing to Nevada
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:36 am Listening to Brad Evan’s, a sports handicapper and he said Kansas will be the first round upset and that AZ will be the first two out losing to Nevada
I can definitely see us losing to Nevada. This team has lost to worse teams this year.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

g32knights wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:49 am
azcat49 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:36 am Listening to Brad Evan’s, a sports handicapper and he said Kansas will be the first round upset and that AZ will be the first two out losing to Nevada
I can definitely see us losing to Nevada. This team has lost to worse teams this year.
And have beaten better teams.

It just depends on which Arizona team shows up. The one that played aggressive and unafraid against Duke, Michigan State, Wisky, etc…Or the perplexing and tentative one we saw down the home stretch and against Oregon.

Caleb, Keyshad and Bradley were brought here to step up specifically in this Tourney. Let’s see if that happens.
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:58 am
g32knights wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:49 am
And have beaten better teams.

It just depends on which Arizona team shows up. The one that played aggressive and unafraid against Duke, Michigan State, Wisky, etc…Or the perplexing and tentative one we saw down the home stretch and against Oregon.

Caleb, Keyshad and Bradley were brought here to step up specifically in this Tourney. Let’s see if that happens.
Exactly, it all depends on if this team comes out caring or not. Obviously with it being the NCAA Tournament you'd think they'd care.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Max is a less expensive way to watch NCAA games live. You can watch TBS, TNT, and TruTV games live. However, there will be no replay.

Also, a new app was created to be able to watch the games in multi-view on a march madness app. It says video-on-demand. I am not sure if it will work with Max.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... ns-dynamic

Here is some better information about watching march madness. YouTube TV is definitely the way to go. You get a 10-day free trial. Plus, you get a 4k 30 day free-trial. If you have had YouTube TV before, just use a different gmail account.

https://www.tomsguide.com/entertainment ... ch-madness
Dave

Post by Dave »

I hope the team and the fans are laser focused on Long Beach State and nothing else.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Dave wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 am I hope the team and the fans are laser focused on Long Beach State and nothing else.
BTFD, and Be Here Now!!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

This is the year. No excuses. It’s set up perfectly for Arizona, anything less than a Final 4 is unacceptable IMO.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Olsondogg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:08 am This is the year. No excuses. It’s set up perfectly for Arizona, anything less than a Final 4 is unacceptable IMO.
Welcome back Od!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Captain Obvious

On this day in 1993 fifteen seed Santa Clara stunned 2 seed Arizona in the first round of the NCAA tournament 64-61. Santa Clara held Arizona to just one field goal for 15 minutes of the second half! It was the Wildcats second straight first round embarrassment having lost a year earlier to East Tennessee State. Santa Clara at the time was only the second #15 seed to defeat a #2 seed. Interestingly Steve Nash played for Santa Clara but wasn't really the star that day. Arizona is no stranger to March choking and that's why they must take Long Beach State seriously. This game has the same vibes as that Santa Clara loss IMHO. LBSU is a team on mission with Monson's coaching career coming to an end with the 49ers after the tournament. They have five players that score in double digits and play zone defense. Arizona could be in for a big surprise but a loss will be anything but surprising for most Arizona fans.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

These are a lot of fun. If you are in SLC, I would check it out
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChatGPT has predicted the winner of the 2024 NCAA tournament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cMvxX_BK1c
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

dmjcat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:06 pm ChatGPT has predicted the winner of the 2024 NCAA tournament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cMvxX_BK1c
Now I'm really discouraged!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:06 pm
The women's game was just announced for the same day at 4pm Tucson time, so forget me doing anything but watching basketball all day. I suspect many of you will be the same.
Do you know where the women's game will be televised?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TheCat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:05 pm
ESPN2
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

TheCat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:05 pm
Colette’s?
Captain Obvious

I will say this, the west region isn't as easy as most people think. Most have a UA/NC regional final and that's exactly why I don't think it will happen. Nothing is really predictable this time of year. I think the west is going to end up being a crazy region with lots of upsets. I still see UNC winning it but it's going to be a wild ride IMHO. It's never easy to advance far. I really think New Mexico makes a deep run but they're actually not an underdog as a lower seed. I also think Grand Canyon makes it to the Sweet 16. Still undecided with Arizona. I really do believe LBSU can beat them but does Monsoon save his job by beating Arizona?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oh that Monsoon, he’s a slippery one. Maybe he can team up with Floyd next year at Arizona University.

It’s one thing to be a troll. It’s a different thing to be an ignorant one. :roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I’ve got Arizona, UConn, Kentucky and Purdue in the FF. AZ wins the title.

Just wanted to go on record.
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

Longbeach is a 0.00 on Kenpom for efficiency, kind of interesting.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

FYI, UNM Lobos have NEVER made it to the Sweet 16.

If they get there it, would be a major milestone and wild celebration.

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 am FYI, UNM Lobos have NEVER made it to the Sweet 16.

If they get there it, would be a major milestone and wild celebration.
Jemarl Baker will be very pleased to get there before he turns 30 I’m sure.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I thought he was 30 when he was at AZ?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:57 pm I thought he was 30 when he was at AZ?
I'm gobsmacked that this guy is still playing college basketball. Is he a senior yet, or is taking a gap year and then coming back for the 2025-26 season? Maybe he can transfer back to UK to finish where he started.

NCAA careers aren't supposed to last as long as medical school.
Captain Obvious

Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 am I’ve got Arizona, UConn, Kentucky and Purdue in the FF. AZ wins the title.

I can't see Purdue and Arizona in a Final Four together. Two very similar programs with regard to a plethora of NCAA tournament failures. It would be nice for either to finally break through and stop breaking their fans hearts.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 pm
Beachcat97 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 am I’ve got Arizona, UConn, Kentucky and Purdue in the FF. AZ wins the title.

I can't see Purdue and Arizona in a Final Four together. Two very similar programs with regard to a plethora of NCAA tournament failures. It would be nice for either to finally break through and stop breaking their fans hearts.
At least you're starting to get your pronouns right!
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

My child just said enfuego just lost a player.

What is the story on that?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Postmaster wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:36 pm My child just said enfuego just lost a player.

What is the story on that?
Kevin McCullar Jr. wont play because of a reported bone bruise on his knee. Other people were saying he wants to be shut down to protect his draft stock. I can understand the caution in not wanting to risk a more serious injury. Also, Kansas clearly isn't going to go far anyway, so why risk it for nothing?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

You're still here?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Your comments are so funny. Dean Smith coached for 36 years and had the premier program in college basketball and broke his fans heart 34 times in 36 years.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The Carolina way is boring four corner bullshit
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I’ve got Arizona, UConn, Marquette and Tennessee in the FF. AZ wins the title.

Fools rush in.

BTFD!!!!

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

You guys are all sleeping on Illinois
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Fishclamps wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:00 am You guys are all sleeping on Illinois
We are not sleeping on them.

We just hate them for cheating their way to a FF instead of us.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Real solid half from Duquesne.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Official tourney thread for all non AZ games:

https://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewto ... =23&t=7943
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Morehead has Illinois on the ropes.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:24 pm Morehead has Illinois on the ropes.
This didn’t age well.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Nothing I say about basketball does this time of year, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
-Norlander.