Official Bracketology Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

Official Bracketology Thread

Post by Irish27 »

This is Lunardi's first one for next year that was posted two months ago. I thought he was going to do one more before the draft.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
azgreg

Re: Official Bracketology Thread

Post by azgreg »

Stony Brook is tough, we have no chance.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

yeah but will we make it past the e8?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Dosia

Post by Dosia »

PieceOfMeat wrote:yeah but will we make it past the e8?
What do we need to sacrifice to the gods for this to happen?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Las Vegas-Portland-Los Angeles-Indianapolis
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:Las Vegas-Portland-Los Angeles-Indianapolis
No Anaheim is good. I respectfully request that you never attend a UA game in Anaheim ever again.

Maybe you should stay away from LA for good measure too...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote: No Anaheim is good.
dont i frickin know it!
Olsondogg wrote:I respectfully request that you never attend a UA game in Anaheim ever again.
i very well may honor this request -- certainly until the 14yr drought is broken

i've taken my lumps in Anaheim

'98
'03
'11
'14
Olsondogg wrote:Maybe you should stay away from LA for good measure too...
this a another fair request, as i was at the Sweet 16 heart-breaker -- however, i cant guarantee anything specific to this final request; TBD.
Last edited by 97cats on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The drought will be broken this year, no worries--and no superstition involved. It's been two generations; it's time. And it's the right team to break through and kick some behind.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:
Olsondogg wrote: No Anaheim is good.
dont i frickin know it!

'98
'03
'11
'14
Olsondogg wrote:I respectfully request that you never attend a UA game in Anaheim ever again.
i very well may honor this request -- certainly until the 14yr drought is broken
Olsondogg wrote:Maybe you should stay away from LA for good measure too...
this a another fair request, as i was at the Sweet 16 heart-breaker -- however, i cant guarantee anything specific to this final request; TBD.
You know what? Fuck it...go to all the games. We are better than any lame jinxes this year....
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

It definitely feels like basketball season is coming. Also, four and a half more months until Selection Sunday!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

pretty lame that portland and seattle are the only 2 sites west of the rockies.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Memphis as an 8 seed is high larry ass. They ain't dancin.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Can we get away from San Diego State for fucks sake!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Am I missing something on Oregon? They seem to be getting some love from the media and I don't get it. I watched their exhibition game and although you can't take much from it, not sure they have the quality depth or size to compete for a tourney bid. Joseph Young is a gamer though..
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Oregon is gonna suck.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

cats101 wrote:Am I missing something on Oregon? They seem to be getting some love from the media and I don't get it. I watched their exhibition game and although you can't take much from it, not sure they have the quality depth or size to compete for a tourney bid. Joseph Young is a gamer though..
Hey but the SCORE the shit out of the ball though. NYCAT should be in love with them!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

3goggles wrote:Can we get away from San Diego State for fucks sake!
Where we go, they go. Right this very minute San Diego State is hiding behind your sofa.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

They're probably thinking the same thing about us.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Longhorned wrote:
Where we go, they go. Right this very minute San Diego State is hiding behind your sofa.
The San Diego State Peeping Toms
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Chicat wrote:
They're probably thinking the same thing about us.
I'm sure they are saying that. I am sure alot of teams are saying that about us.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What does Joe Lunardi think of this image of him, toupee and all?
Attachments
Lunardi.png
Lunardi.png (83.69 KiB) Viewed 148024 times
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I really hope CBB doesn't go the way of CFB and release an official bracket every week. Lunaridi and the rest of the "experts" drivel is quite enough.
gumby

Post by gumby »

KO was lobbying for that. Just think: "No way (fill in the team) is a 6 seed" arguments in December. It was a mistake for football to do that. Creates this faux illusion of one team jumping over another, when, in fact, it's just a function of tougher games coming later in the year.

Body of work. Can't judge that until the work is done.
Right where I want to be.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

KO was also lobbying for the gatorade bucket to be filled with fadorade...
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Every week? Nuts. You can get a new bracket every day if you really want.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basket ... acketology

Arizona has a 15.1% chance of making a FF and a 2.3% chance of winning it all. That could change some by midnight.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

I would not shed a tear if SDSU and Gonzaga happened to be shipped to a different region.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

gumby wrote:KO was lobbying for that. Just think: "No way (fill in the team) is a 6 seed" arguments in December. It was a mistake for football to do that. Creates this faux illusion of one team jumping over another, when, in fact, it's just a function of tougher games coming later in the year.

It's for eyeballs and clicks. For some reason, people love this stuff. It's new, interesting, right now.

In reality, there is only so much content to pump out for the casual fan, at least content that is "right now." And the casual ESPN fan probably outnumber the super fans 10 to 1.

You can make the same argument about the polls.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

WildcatStunner wrote:I would not shed a tear if SDSU and Gonzaga happened to be shipped to a different region.
If they have a great season, that would be unfair, and mean we can be shipped off to a different region with a great season too.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Bracketology does not mean much for this team, unless Miller and Co take a huge dump this season, they will be #1 seed in the West playing in Portland. I guess the #2 and #3 in the West is semi-interesting to see???
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Bosy Billups wrote:
If they have a great season, that would be unfair, and mean we can be shipped off to a different region with a great season too.
huh?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Bosy Billups wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:I would not shed a tear if SDSU and Gonzaga happened to be shipped to a different region.
Obviously if they ended up getting shipped to a different region they had a good season, but not a great one.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Gonzaga could potentially be vying for #1 seed at end of year.

I would bet these are the #1's

Arizona
Kentucky
Duke
Gonzaga
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gonzaga could still be a 1 seed. Looking at their schedule, they may go undefeated in their next 20+ games
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'd like to think that the committee learned their lesson putting the Zags at #1. Although this is definitely a different Zags team...
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

97cats wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:
huh?
Not this year maybe, but if a west team has a great season and deserves to be in the west, but is shipped out somewhere else, who is to say that couldn't happen to AZ? Just saying the committee needs to be fair even if that means SDSU and Zags again, which would sook.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

A 1 seed based on what?

If they have a shot they should be shipped far away but at that point, you might as well make them a 2 in the West.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Formerly McLurvin
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bosy Billups wrote:
gumby wrote:KO was lobbying for that. Just think: "No way (fill in the team) is a 6 seed" arguments in December. It was a mistake for football to do that. Creates this faux illusion of one team jumping over another, when, in fact, it's just a function of tougher games coming later in the year.

It's for eyeballs and clicks. For some reason, people love this stuff. It's new, interesting, right now.

In reality, there is only so much content to pump out for the casual fan, at least content that is "right now." And the casual ESPN fan probably outnumber the super fans 10 to 1.

There are games on all the time. But not enough to talk about? I would think casual fans would be more interested in games than bracket debates.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If things hold steady, how much you wanna bet we see Wisconsin in our bracket? The committees love rematches. But I think we can take 'em this year. We've got more bigs to throw at Frankenstein.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Beachcat97 wrote:If things hold steady, how much you wanna bet we see Wisconsin in our bracket? The committees love rematches. But I think we can take 'em this year. We've got more bigs to throw at Frankenstein.

wouldn't they get a 2 seed in a bracket closer to them, and gonzaga would get the 2 seed in the west, if current standings held true to the end of the year? (or at least we stayed in the top 4 and wiscy and zags stayed in the top 5-8, i mean.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

cats101

Post by cats101 »

gumby wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

There are games on all the time. But not enough to talk about? I would think casual fans would be more interested in games than bracket debates.
Exactly. Most fans think bracketology is a waste until the last. 2 weeks anyway. Plus the anticipation for the last few 1 seeds and last few teams in is what makes selection Sunday what it is.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Bracketology is a waste of time. Outside of the 1's and 2's seldom does any prognostication get much right in the way of seedings. If you have a team on the fringe of not getting in the tourney, or being on the bubble...then it is doubtful you have a tone of fan support anyway.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Yeah, but ESPN has hours of shows devoted to Fantasy Football, and we'll probably be seeing the same sort of waste become a national pastime in Bracketology before this decade is out.
gumby

Post by gumby »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote: If things hold steady, how much you wanna bet we see Wisconsin in our bracket? The committees love rematches. But I think we can take 'em this year. We've got more bigs to throw at Frankenstein.

wouldn't they get a 2 seed in a bracket closer to them, and gonzaga would get the 2 seed in the west, if current standings held true to the end of the year? (or at least we stayed in the top 4 and wiscy and zags stayed in the top 5-8, i mean.
Wouldn't both be 1 seeds? Too early for March cliches, but "the committee loves" (whatever) is right up there. I don't think people consider all the rematch opportunities they decline to pursue when they say this. In reality, there just aren't that many.
gumby

Post by gumby »

No bracketolgy on ESPN this morning. But they did have, as the lead story, Todd McShay's first mock NFL draft. Only 133 days to go!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Side note, how can people have final 4 picks without a bracket? Just sayin
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »