As far as wins go....

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

As far as wins go....

Post by Longhorned »

... that's the kind of team you want to beat. Big, talented, powerful, smart, and resilient. We played poorly in the first half but came alive in the second, and when we did, Gonzaga bounced back from everything we threw at them until our own resilience started to rattle them in the insanity of overtime. I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe Gonzaga, and none of them are bad. I like that team. They're going to be huge this year.

Arizona just started to grow up, and Ashley as an offensive weapon is a big part of that.
scumdevils86

Re: As far as wins go....

Post by scumdevils86 »

Love it.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

T J played tough down to the end.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Epic. So fun in the end
gumby

Post by gumby »

Gave them 7 points in the final 9 minutes. Forced six turnovers in the final 8. Never seen such a clutch team on the defensive end. Pangos 3 was their only field goal after they went up 58-52.

Huge shots by Ashley. Gutty buckets from TJ. Freaking clampdown defense. Justice on the Wesley airball, as Big Bird would say.

I'll be on the Gonzaga campus Tuesday. Be walking tall.
Right where I want to be.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

- Tj showed up when it mattered....except maybe the missed FTs.

- Refs were very bad tonight. I thought Pitts played great D at the end and got a bad call against him.

- Ashley is our best offensive player right now.

- Didn't understand the call at the end of regulation to go to Johnson so early in the shot clock.

- Never seen a team make so many baskets just throwing the ball up and not looking.

- Sabonis should be on ASU. I just feel hatred looking at him for some reason.

- I love Parker jackson Cartwright coming in to spell TJ. We don't seem to miss a beat. He could be great for us over the next few years.

- Announcers gave me a headache.

- RHJ is an amazing defender.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

A good win for the resume. Nice to see AZ pulling out an ugly win. The offensive struggles are somewhat odd -- a team with this sort of size, skill and athleticism is having a lot of trouble establishing a presence in the interior. Hopefully there is a much improved offensive flow as the weeks progress.

Officiating was terrible.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Our offensive struggles were predictable though. Clog the paint and make us beat you with long jumpers and force Stanley and Rondae to play one on one ball and drive into a clogged paint. Teams have been doubling our bigs on the low block and we dont make them pay.

Gonzaga played really good D and they had a gameplan that they executed. Kudos to them too

It's early and it will get better and despite that, we are still unbeaten so im happy
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

lol Love it!

Great win. Statement win. I thought Gonzaga would score 70+ :lol:
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I'm excited to watch Gonzaga kick UCLA's ass. Should be a great game. :D
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

AZCatGirl wrote:I'm excited to watch Gonzaga kick UCLA's ass. Should be a great game. :D
Ya for real. When is this?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

billk78 wrote:- Tj showed up when it mattered....except maybe the missed FTs.

- Refs were very bad tonight. I thought Pitts played great D at the end and got a bad call against him.

- Didn't understand the call at the end of regulation to go to Johnson so early in the shot clock.

- Never seen a team make so many baskets just throwing the ball up and not looking.

- I love Parker jackson Cartwright coming in to spell TJ. We don't seem to miss a beat. He could be great for us over the next few years.

Yeah, that older announcer was really too much. His love affair with Zags center was criminal. Guy wasn't as prepped on stats, or names etc. Kept screwing up. Lame award candidate.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CBCat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:I'm excited to watch Gonzaga kick UCLA's ass. Should be a great game. :D
Ya for real. When is this?
Next Saturday. Thankfully our game against Michigan will be over before that one starts.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

HiCat wrote:
billk78 wrote:- Tj showed up when it mattered....except maybe the missed FTs.

Yeah, that older announcer was really too much. His love affair with Zags center was criminal. Guy wasn't as prepped on stats, or names etc. Kept screwing up. Lame award candidate.
It was Dan Dakich I believe and I wonder if his jaw is still sore from that 2 1/2 blowjob he gave Karnowski. No matter what Roxy Bernstein said, Dakich would find a way to change the subject. When Bernstien was going down the list of Gonzaga's top scorers, Dakich talked about how Karnowski was still their best player. When Zues made a shot, Dakich called him Karnowski because he couldn't get off Karnowski's dick for even a second. I had to turn off the sound with about four minutes to go and when we tied it up, I turned it back on only to immediately hear Dakich complaining that Karnowski wasn't in the game on that possession.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Like the win and I also like the fact that the Cats have had to play a couple of games that could have gone either way. Because of games like those will make them better so by the time March comes around they will have peaked at the right time. GO CATS!!
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto