Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: Best/Worst analysts/commentators/announcers

Post by EastCoastCat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:52 pm
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If only he hadn’t graduated UA a virgin…
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:46 am If only he hadn’t graduated UA a virgin…
That's pretty hard to do. You got to be a complete and total asshole. Someone like

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Olsondogg wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:59 pm
Most of whom will begin reading up on the college basketball season in the next week or so...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Anyone noticing the amount of Buddy Boeheim apologists there have been in the media? From Bilas, Goodman and many more... all are doing backflips to describe Buddy as the nicest guy you will ever meet... he doesn't deserve a suspension... etc

Such a disgusting good ol boys club
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 am Anyone noticing the amount of Buddy Boeheim apologists there have been in the media? From Bilas, Goodman and many more... all are doing backflips to describe Buddy as the nicest guy you will ever meet... he doesn't deserve a suspension... etc

I remember when Edgerson intentionally elbowed that BYU player and knocked him out. Many were shocked, saying he was really a nice guy who wants to be a kindergarten teacher. That it was out of character. Thinking back, it's crazy that Gene only got a one-game suspension. That BYU player's career was over after that punch.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Irish27 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:21 am
Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:10 am Anyone noticing the amount of Buddy Boeheim apologists there have been in the media? From Bilas, Goodman and many more... all are doing backflips to describe Buddy as the nicest guy you will ever meet... he doesn't deserve a suspension... etc

I remember when Edgerson intentionally elbowed that BYU player and knocked him out. Many were shocked, saying he was really a nice guy who wants to be a kindergarten teacher. That it was out of character. Thinking back, it's crazy that Gene only got a one-game suspension. That BYU player's career was over after that punch.
He actually played a few games after that but chose to retire soon thereafter due to lingering effects from the concussion and a virus infection as well.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Walton is a national treasure. His rant on the little chairs was hilarious, just the best.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Olsondogg wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:32 pm Walton is a national treasure. His rant on the little chairs was hilarious, just the best.
He's had more repair than the Eisenhauer Interstate system. If any of us had gone through 38 orthopedic operations we'd have expired ages ago.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:32 pm Walton is a national treasure. His rant on the little chairs was hilarious, just the best.
That was a monument.

Walton has called some great games but he's been peak Walton recently especially. Tonight was Vin Scullyesque.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

W/out Pasch, Walton is almost tolerable.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:58 pm W/out Pasch, Walton is almost tolerable.
And yet it really isn't Pasch's fault.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

He loves cougars.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 pm
And yet it really isn't Pasch's fault.
In and of himself I don't really care for Pasch. It is his manner of suffering Walton that endears him to me.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Makes me wish Pac 12 would use him more so we could get this Walton all the time. Pasch/Walton is beyond tired.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I can't believe he didn't say "THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN" when Koloko missed that one foot easy lay in.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Anybody read the Tucson.com article on Walton? Pasch and Bernstein and someone else's anecdotes?

Pasch said "My first time announcing a game with Bill was such and such a date for such and a such a tournament. Bill said it never happened."

Yup.

"It's Dave, right?"

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CatFan1399

Post by CatFan1399 »

When FESPN talking heads pick against us, I feel like it is disrespect. When they actually pick Arizona to win, I feel like they are trying to pull a reverse jinx because I’m still bitter and petty and hate them for what they did to this program.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

The issue with Walton/Pasch is that they became a shtick. We feel FESPN forced stupid gimmicks and interviews upon them. They added the split screen for a couple seasons.
Announcers should enhance the game. FESPN made the broadcast about the announcers and the game was just background.
If they would just do the game normally they would be fine.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CatFan1399 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:38 am When FESPN talking heads pick against us, I feel like it is disrespect. When they actually pick Arizona to win, I feel like they are trying to pull a reverse jinx because I’m still bitter and petty and hate them for what they did to this program.
This simply shows that you are a good and normal person.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Just based on Myron Metcalf's write-up of what you need to know about the 68 teams, I'd definitely pick Arizona for an early upset if I hadn't watched this season for myself.

I'd know that Gonzaga's few losses are irreproachable, Kansas is awesome, Baylor may have some disadvantages from injuries, and Sean Miller created a cloud of criminality that Tommy Lloyd is dissipating but Arizona's numbers this year are against minor league competition, end of story.

Continuing to read, by the time I get to UCLA and learn that this team could be headed for the Final Four, I wonder whether I'd make the connection that UCLA, too, only played in a weak league.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:33 am Just based on Myron Metcalf's write-up of what you need to know about the 68 teams, I'd definitely pick Arizona for an early upset if I hadn't watched this season for myself.

I'd know that Gonzaga's few losses are irreproachable, Kansas is awesome, Baylor may have some disadvantages from injuries, and Sean Miller created a cloud of criminality that Tommy Lloyd is dissipating but Arizona's numbers this year are against minor league competition, end of story.
I read a few of these takes, and honestly it seems like writers are more reacting to the CBS talking heads picking Arizona to the Final Four when the brackets were revealed.

But the truth is that NOBODY knows. The best thing about the tourney is that it’s not predictable. Gonzaga’s weak conference was why they’d never break through… until they did. Duke’s blue blood legacy means they go to the Final Four every year… except they don’t. Etc…
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:39 am
Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:33 am Just based on Myron Metcalf's write-up of what you need to know about the 68 teams, I'd definitely pick Arizona for an early upset if I hadn't watched this season for myself.

I read a few of these takes, and honestly it seems like writers are more reacting to the CBS talking heads picking Arizona to the Final Four when the brackets were revealed.

But the truth is that NOBODY knows. The best thing about the tourney is that it’s not predictable. Gonzaga’s weak conference was why they’d never break through… until they did. Duke’s blue blood legacy means they go to the Final Four every year… except they don’t. Etc…
But in the world of trying to predict through reason, two of the four CBS experts are picking Illinois over Arizona in the Sweet 16. Are we perhaps underdogs for that game? Fine.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -anaylsis/
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That’s only because Illinois and Cockburn destroyed us at McKale earlier in the season.

Wait a tick…
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I try not to read too much - other than this board - during this week.

Suggest a lot of you do the same as it will only irritate you.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:45 am
Chicat wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:39 am

But in the world of trying to predict through reason, two of the four CBS experts are picking Illinois over Arizona in the Sweet 16. Are we perhaps underdogs for that game? Fine.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -anaylsis/
I am confident that none of those CBS guys watched the Pac-12 Tourney, and only wish I knew them personally so I could goad them into putting their money where their mouthes are...

... I'm sure they all fully supported Michigan's preseason ranking in the top-5!!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

I'm sure they did too, up until the point we blasted Michigan in Vegas, then u of m were complete frauds because how could little old struggling Arizona with a new coach bludgeon such a great team.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

This Goodman guy is a tool
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Postmaster wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:11 am This Goodman guy is a tool
I wish he’d gone to ASU.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Was that Schla-suck?
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:06 pm Was that Schla-suck?
John Teitel Hoops HD, whatever that is.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What does everybody think of how Reggie Miller is doing? I think he's been pretty good.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Reggie got my order wrong at Wendy’s the other day.
So, not so good.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Candice Parker needs to figure out how to remember her notes so she can look at camera instead of looking down at desk.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:38 am What does everybody think of how Reggie Miller is doing? I think he's been pretty good.
I still remember all of McKale chanting "Reggie sucks!" so I am incapable of saying anything nice about him.

Though I will admit I did like the choke sign at Spike Lee.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-JB
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I’m all for women behind the mic but they need to step up their game.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:04 pm I’m all for women behind the mic but they need to step up their game.
Most qualified/talented SHOULD be the one for the job IMHO….no need to throw people in there just to fill some numbers. SMH.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The crew today was horrendous, from Avery Johnson telling a “joke” that nobody but him laughed at, to the female stating that WSU was attempting to “pull the upset” leading into a commercial as Arizona led by 18.

Just garbage.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Seems like they are throwing women out here to make up for the inequities in the facilities last year.

I also don’t like the three person announce team, whether it’s men, women or mixed.

Is Brunson doing any games? Everyone on the boards loved her this year.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Lol
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Is Rex back on the opioids?
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

God Shammgod was our championship year. They knocked off Duke.

Pete Gillen - “Certainly Duke is Duke, they’re on TV more than Leave it to Beavah reruns”
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i have to say the "bringing the house down" call on the nut dangler was pretty good - super genuine and in the moment and the house was on FIRE.