Since the old forum doesn't exist anymore and I can't bump..

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

RockyRaccoon

Since the old forum doesn't exist anymore and I can't bump..

Post by RockyRaccoon »

I'll just make a new post...

lol Tarczewski

I said it two years ago and EVERYBODY jumped on me.

"STFU Rocky" "You don't know anything about sports or evaluation Rocky" "He is just a freshman Rocky" "Prepare to eat your words Rocky" ETC ETC

Anybody who watches basketball and is not wearing blinders could have seen two years ago that...

He is a 7' foot human being. THAT IS IT. He is not a basketball player or even an athlete and will never be one.

Also Arizona basketball wont be winning any national championships or going to many final fours with Sean Miller. I also said this a few years ago. Either he doesn't understand how to coach offense or he is too stubborn to amend his style.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
scumdevils86

Re: Since the old forum doesn't exist anymore and I can't bu

Post by scumdevils86 »

Oh lord
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

scumdevils86 wrote:Oh lord
You said it.

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
gumby

Post by gumby »

Three points from a FF over two games, but we're never going! Just can't happen! Beyond the realm of possibilities! No way one more shot can drop. No way to get one more stop!

Give up hope ye who enter here!

One imagines Rocky watching the Wisconsin game. Never getting excited. Never thinking we had a chance. So cool to be Rocky.
Right where I want to be.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

gumby wrote:Three points from a FF over two games, but we're never going! Just can't happen! Beyond the realm of possibilities! No way one more shot can drop. No way to get one more stop!

Give up hope ye who enter here!

One imagines Rocky watching the Wisconsin game. Never getting excited. Never thinking we had a chance. So cool to be Rocky.
lol

Please point out when I said they weren't going to go to a final four under Miller?

BREAKING NEWS: There is an enormous gap between going to the final four and winning a national championship. It is not as simply as just winning two games.

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

So you would fire Sean Miller right now Rocky?
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Reydituto wrote:So you would fire Sean Miller right now Rocky?
no.

I just ask for better recruit evaluation and more flexibility when it comes to his scheme.

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Overreact much?

Miller is at least showing some signs of flexibility. He's even talked about employed the pussy defense, er, I mean a zone defense. He's given the bench more minutes this year. Give the guy a break. He's recruiting consensus top five classes (so his evaluation is at least as good as that of all the major scouting services), and he's just now experiencing what it is like to coach a team filled with elite talent. He will grow, and he will learn, and he will adapt.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The old forum might not exist any more, but the inane and over reactionary takes sure do.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I'm always amazed by the persistence of stupidity...

... The Dunning–Kruger Effect is evident once again.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Anyway to delete or lock this thread?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CBCat wrote:Anyway to delete or lock this thread?
Absolutely. I just wanted to see if someone would make it about TRAINS first.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I guess RockyRaccoon should start his own recruiting evaluation service, since he apparently knew more than all of those idiots over on Rivals and Scout who made Tarczewski a five-star center.

I've got my own issues with Zeus, but it is inherently contradictory (not to mention baselessly generalizing) to assert that anybody with a brain could've seen his current limitations then turn around and assert that Miller's never going to win a natty at Arizona.

You're not "asking" for anything Rocky. You're just trolling.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

That is really how you are going to do it? A thread about one player being limited, then a second thread about the program's offensive limitations? Do yourself a favor, don't own any pets.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Another shit thread where Rocky actually forgets the player he was slobbering over at the time:
RockyRaccoon wrote:Actually I think McGary is doing more than just making strides. He is proving how he is the kind of player Tarc could only dream of being. Like I've been saying, McGary is a great basketball player/athlete in a large human being's body while Tarc is just a large human being.

For the record: 3.0 PPG, 4 RPG.

McGary continues to battle inflammation in his left tibia and is without a return timetable. However, he appears to be moving in the right direction. The rookie has appeared in only one game this season and is not likely to be much of a fantasy consideration in 2014-15
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
no.

I just ask for better recruit evaluation and more flexibility when it comes to his scheme.
First of all, Miller is as good at recruit evaluation as anyone this side of Calipari, Pitino or Krzyzewski.

Second, stop whining then. Message board agendas and ego-stroking isn't going to change anything except others' esteem of you.

Third, Miller is what he is. Wanting or expecting him to change to become more like Lute, or more "flexible", is an exercise in futility. He doesn't have to change to win games and win titles, and to project a ceiling because of one bad loss or because of unfavorable past performance is the height of idiocy. People wanted Lute gone for all the 1st round losses, the lack of defense, and said he'd never win a National Championship ... until he won one.
catgrad97 wrote:I guess RockyRaccoon should start his own recruiting evaluation service, since he apparently knew more than all of those idiots over on Rivals and Scout who made Tarczewski a five-star center.

I've got my own issues with Zeus, but it is inherently contradictory (not to mention baselessly generalizing) to assert that anybody with a brain could've seen his current limitations then turn around and assert that Miller's never going to win a natty at Arizona.

Nailed it.
Olsondogg wrote:Another shit thread where Rocky actually forgets the player he was slobbering over at the time:
RockyRaccoon wrote:Actually I think McGary is doing more than just making strides. He is proving how he is the kind of player Tarc could only dream of being. Like I've been saying, McGary is a great basketball player/athlete in a large human being's body while Tarc is just a large human being.

For the record: 3.0 PPG, 4 RPG.

McGary continues to battle inflammation in his left tibia and is without a return timetable. However, he appears to be moving in the right direction. The rookie has appeared in only one game this season and is not likely to be much of a fantasy consideration in 2014-15
Thanks for reminding me that this was the jackhole who was in love with Mitch McGary, a developmentally stunted and equally flawed basketball player - in other words, far from "great".
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

lol

are you guys really suggesting McGary isn't 10 times the basketball player Tarc is?

lolololololololol

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

catgrad97 wrote:I guess RockyRaccoon should start his own recruiting evaluation service, since he apparently knew more than all of those idiots over on Rivals and Scout who made Tarczewski a five-star center.

I really should.

I was maybe the only person in the world who said Derrick Williams was going to be a bust and that Josiah Turner didn't have IT. Once again I was killed for it.

Now instead of just being "negative", let me say this...

ATTENTION SEAN MILLER: GET STEPHEN ZIMMERMAN.

Now that guy can play.

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Reydituto wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
no.

First of all, Miller is as good at recruit evaluation as anyone this side of Calipari, Pitino or Krzyzewski.

Second, stop whining then. Message board agendas and ego-stroking isn't going to change anything except others' esteem of you.

Third, Miller is what he is. Wanting or expecting him to change to become more like Lute, or more "flexible", is an exercise in futility. He doesn't have to change to win games and win titles, and to project a ceiling because of one bad loss or because of unfavorable past performance is the height of idiocy. People wanted Lute gone for all the 1st round losses, the lack of defense, and said he'd never win a National Championship ... until he won one.

Stop Whining??? LOL!! There are a number of people whining in this thread (You for one), Rocky just stated his opinion (which I don't necessarily completely agree with) which is his right. If you don't agree state why you don't agree but lay off the personal attacks (and stop whining).
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dmjcat wrote:
Reydituto wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
no.

Stop Whining??? LOL!! There are a number of people whining in this thread (You for one), Rocky just stated his opinion (which I don't necessarily completely agree with) which is his right. If you don't agree state why you don't agree but lay off the personal attacks (and stop whining).

That's a personal attack by Rey? But this is OK by Rocky?

RockyRaccoon wrote:I have to choke back vomit every time I'm at McKale and the crowd rises to their feet as the silver haired "King" take his place among the plebs before the game starts.

The only connection that man has with royalty is the fact he and Henry VIII were both married about six times each.
You have a more personal attack in your sig than anything Rey said.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

UAEebs86 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Reydituto wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
no.

RockyRaccoon wrote:I have to choke back vomit every time I'm at McKale and the crowd rises to their feet as the silver haired "King" take his place among the plebs before the game starts.

The only connection that man has with royalty is the fact he and Henry VIII were both married about six times each.
You have a more personal attack in your sig than anything Rey said.
lol

I had no clue Luuuuuuuuute was a contributor to this forum. I shall be more careful with my words in the near future.

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I always lol when people bring up 'freedom of speech' on privately run message boards...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Who was racoon at the other site?

Anyways, that line about marriages says a lot about his character.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So much fail in this thread.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Reydituto wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
no.

No, I don't think the Anti-Lute comment is appropriate but he didn't bring it up in this thread so its not really relevant. The bottom line is that he started a thread, stated his opinion, and was promptly attacked by the usual suspects. If folks don't like reading posts they don't agree with or interacting with other posters they don't agree with they are free to:

1) Ignore them
2) Respond in a factual manner
3) Stop posting on message boards
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

4) Not really care what you have to say in regards to board etiquette and post whatever they choose, cause you aren't changing anything.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dmjcat wrote:
No, I don't think the Anti-Lute comment is appropriate but he didn't bring it up in this thread so its not really relevant. The bottom line is that he started a thread, stated his opinion, and was promptly attacked by the usual suspects. If folks don't like reading posts they don't agree with or interacting with other posters they don't agree with they are free to:

1) Ignore them

But did you really think Rey's post was a personal attack, or were you referring to other posts? And why are you all of a sudden bothered by personal attacks, when you have one in your sig?

And if you thought Rocky's post was inappropriate, why didn't you call it out in the other thread like you called out Rey here?
-JB
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

1) Ignore them

But did you really think Rey's post was a personal attack, or were you referring to other posts? And why are you all of a sudden bothered by personal attacks, when you have one in your sig? The "personal attack" you refer to in my sig is actually a quote that DC made about me in another thread........his words

And if you thought Rocky's post was inappropriate, why didn't you call it out in the other thread like you called out Rey here?
I didn't read it!!! I rarely read this entire board.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dmjcat,

Fair enough on Rocky's post. Still want to know - did you think Rey's post was personal, or were you referring to other's posts in the same thread?

As for your sig, if you felt it was a personal attack, you should have reported it to the mods and have them delete it.
By putting it in your sig, you are perpetuating the personal attacks with every single post you make.
-JB
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UAEebs86 wrote:dmjcat,

Fair enough on Rocky's post. Still want to know - did you think Rey's post was personal, or were you referring to other's posts in the same thread? Well, lets see: he called Rockys post "whining", "ego stroking" and then referred to his post as "idiocy"........so HELL yes it was a personal attack, what would you call it???

As for your sig, if you felt it was a personal attack, you should have reported it to the mods and have them delete it.If everyone on this board complained to the mods every time there was a personal attack I suspect the board mods would disconnect their PC and join a monastery.

By putting it in your sig, you are perpetuating the personal attacks with every single post you make.
Last edited by dmjcat on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

There is a difference in calling someone's posts something and calling someone something.

Let me dumb it down, you can be a smart person who writes idiotic things...or you can just be an idiot.

One's a personal attack, and one isn't. And this is coming from someone who relishes personal attacks.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Olsondogg wrote:There is a difference in calling someone's posts something and calling someone something.

Let me dumb it down, you can be a smart person who writes idiotic things...or you can just be an idiot.

One's a personal attack, and one isn't. And this is coming from someone who relishes personal attacks.

That sounds like a personal attack!!! LOL!!!

Pot.......Meet Kettle
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Olsondogg wrote:There is a difference in calling someone's posts something and calling someone something.

One's a personal attack, and one isn't.
Bingo
-JB
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

:)

Good post, young man.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy