Over It Roll Call

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Over It Roll Call

Post by Longhorned »

I'm there. In section 27 with a couple of friends who are also over it. Already at a normative rate of four thoughts about sex per minute.

Who's there?
azcat49

Re: Over It Roll Call

Post by azcat49 »

I'm in. Let's just get to the tourney and start playing. Unleash SJ and let our bigs bang without a whistle all the time.

Hate the fact we will have only played 1 game in two weeks by Fridays tip. So much for continuity
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I'm good.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Yup
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

If it was anyone but ASU or UCLA I'd be over it.

I will be by the next time we take the court.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Whatever happens, happens.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Nope.

It's not supposed to happen.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

It was a bad loss to a bad team. There easily could be one or two more. Just part of the ups and downs of a season. Just need them to go on a run in late-March.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

In the past this would have got to me. But as I get older I find it's just a game. I was pretty much over it at the end of the game. Now if this was a tourney game it would definitely take longer.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

over it.

not happen about it, but I don't care. iso-johnson is grating.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Shouldn't have happened, but I'm over it.
FUCK THE SCUM DEVILS!

I'm over it.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

At the end of the day it was the Larry Scott special to try and give other teams a chance at the ncaa. He is a sad man. Refs allowed that team back. Can't win when refs stop the game.
Still top Rpi and tempe is in the cbit.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Coulda shoulda woulda ... but over and moved on.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I'm over it. We might as well be since nothing will change the outcome. I still think we end up a 2 seed out west all said and done. We can still go deep in the tourney and nobody will give a rat's ass about losing to ASU 6 weeks prior.
NETSFAN4HASSAN

Post by NETSFAN4HASSAN »

Over it!

GO CATS!!!
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Yo!

Longhorned, norm is only four thoughts a minute? Comeon man.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EOCT wrote:Yo!

He works at a university, so 4 is definitely on the low side.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote:
EOCT wrote:Yo!

He works at a university, so 4 is definitely on the low side.
Let's be very clear about this: I work from my sofa with a parrot staring at me.
milbarge

Post by milbarge »

We didn't play well, ASU played the game of their lives, home cooking refs, and we lost by 3 to a top 100 RPI team on the road in a rivalry game. Over it.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Called Forrest Gump for perspective. He said, "Life is like a road game. You never know what you're gonna get."

All better now. I do sympathize with those in attendance. I can report that Spokane is happy.
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote: I can report that Spokane is happy.
Another for the list of why it's a good loss!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Im still not over last season's pre=season loss to St. Marrys
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Over it, but I'm definitely not over the epiphany that Sean Miller's ceiling is limited.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'm over this meaningless game, aside from having to be in attendance and witness to a 45 minute exit from a parking garage while watching asu fans cut off each other over and over to exit

Nothing worse than an asu fan who shows up once a year. Side note, my 67 year old mother was walking her cocker spaniel in her east valley neighborhood while wearing a UA sweatshirt. A large raised truck honked, pulled up next to her and the gent in the driver seat flipped her off with both hands.

I love when the asu fanbase reconfirms my feelings towards them.

Fuck ASU and all that they are.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:over it.

not happen about it, but I don't care. iso-johnson is grating.
Very.

And if this could change even 40-50% we'd be a contender for the title.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Never over losing to such an inferior ASSU.....took me this long to feel like chiming in. Looks like our loss @ OSU isn't nearly as bad as I thought previously but the @ UNLV and to an even larger degree, the @ ASU loss is utterly disgusting.....especially for two years in a row and with their being so pathetic.

However, I do appreciate Longhorned and others attempts to rally the troops and get over it. BTFD Brothers and Sisters!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:I'm over this meaningless game, aside from having to be in attendance and witness to a 45 minute exit from a parking garage while watching asu fans cut off each other over and over to exit

Nothing worse than an asu fan who shows up once a year. Side note, my 67 year old mother was walking her cocker spaniel in her east valley neighborhood while wearing a UA sweatshirt. A large raised truck honked, pulled up next to her and the gent in the driver seat flipped her off with both hands.

Where the hell did you park?

I was at the residence inn lot and out of that dump in 45 minutes. We left at the buzzer, and I can proudly say I didn't witness the scum rush the court.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I'm over this meaningless game, aside from having to be in attendance and witness to a 45 minute exit from a parking garage while watching asu fans cut off each other over and over to exit

I was at the residence inn lot and out of that dump in 45 minutes. We left at the buzzer, and I can proudly say I didn't witness the scum rush the court.
Garage adjacent to their dump arena
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Olsondogg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Im with you on reneging on the McKale North Moniker...I feel "the litter box" is more appropriate.

God that arena sucks something fierce. Have they ever heard of AC?
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

I am over it.

Where are the posts about UW?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Im with you on reneging on the McKale North Moniker...I feel "the litter box" is more appropriate.

God that arena sucks something fierce. Have they ever heard of AC?
Or WiFi...or friggin cell service. My phone couldn't pick up a WiFi signal, and even though it said LTE was available I constantly lost connection. My guess is that at some point Byrne looked at that arena, then looked at Mckale and said something has to change.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Aside from my general disgust about Kaleb Tarczewski's ceiling, I don't think too much can be taken out of the loss. Bo Barnes was hitting shots he couldn't if he was betting his scholarship money on it in practice, and that stupid pivot foot drag on the blocks Holder and Goodman were getting away with would be whistled out of any tournament game.

Even Goodman told the writers, "This validates our season." :lol: You kidding me? Does an attitude towards a basketball scholarship get any more lazy-ass than that?

Which leads me to my next point: There are certain locations in this conference where losses can be engineered. Losses where, frankly, the basketball environment is not, and will never be, consistently competitive on a high level, so they make the year about a rivalry and a couple of marquee games.

For Tempe, last Saturday just happened to be both. Vegas wants it to be like that because more Cat fans are there for a week than Thomas & Mack could ever hope to fill on a consistent basis, while Corvallis is really more of a high-school environment on the level of Pullman.

Arizona needs to be like the classic Lute teams of old and draw fuel from that adversity the road tries to provide.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

It was cute they rolled back the tarps only to have tons of seats wide open. I love this take because it sums up how I felt:

Free Throws and Officiating
Arizona shot 14 free throws (made 8) and had 25 fouls called on them
Arizona State shot 28 free (made 22) throws and had 20 fouls called on them
That’s a 14 point differential for those mathematically challenged people. Don’t you love it when free throws, or lack-thereof decide games?

...Now I am not an expert on off-arm offensive fouls when dribbling and driving, but Tra Holder sure did enjoy using it on his defender (usually McConnell). More to my point is there were 45 fouls called in a college. That’s unbelievable. Arizona averages 18 fouls per game, seven under their Saturday total. Arizona State averages 19, so not much of a differential, and on mark for their home averages. Interestingly, UofA averages nearly four more fouls per game on the road, compared to at home.
http://allsportstucson.com/2015/02/08/a ... ied-again/

Refs know how to make it look like they are being fair (similar foul calls) but really are not (non-shooting versus shooting). It did drop the RPI 3 spots and that hurts but AZ still hasnt been blown out in a game and it took magic to beat them. If an asu fan was to brag, I would use the Colorado line and say "We always beat them by 20 at home). Lets just hope the next meeting is in Vegas!
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

There really should've been a dozen plus travel calls on the scum. Was like they were daring the refs to call them and the refs didn't even call half (like the Seahawks secondary with holding). The one early in the game right in the center of the key was so blatant, the pivot foot was shuffled multiple times...the ref had a perfect view and still missed it. Oh well, refs and the scum are garbage we all know this.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

catgrad97 wrote:Aside from my general disgust about Kaleb Tarczewski's ceiling, I don't think too much can be taken out of the loss. Bo Barnes was hitting shots he couldn't if he was betting his scholarship money on it in practice, and that stupid pivot foot drag on the blocks Holder and Goodman were getting away with would be whistled out of any tournament game.

Even Goodman told the writers, "This validates our season." :lol: You kidding me? Does an attitude towards a basketball scholarship get any more lazy-ass than that?

Which leads me to my next point: There are certain locations in this conference where losses can be engineered. Losses where, frankly, the basketball environment is not, and will never be, consistently competitive on a high level, so they make the year about a rivalry and a couple of marquee games.

For Tempe, last Saturday just happened to be both. Vegas wants it to be like that because more Cat fans are there for a week than Thomas & Mack could ever hope to fill on a consistent basis, while Corvallis is really more of a high-school environment on the level of Pullman.

Arizona needs to be like the classic Lute teams of old and draw fuel from that adversity the road tries to provide.
Yes. As for your final sentence, the encouraging thing is that Damon was the embodiment of that kind of response to the road environment.