Thee Pac2 Network

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

pokinmik

Re: Thee Pac12 Network

Post by pokinmik »

You are a grown ass boy using your daddy's login to save a buck. Everyone does it, it's okay. Unless you live together you are gaming the system. There's literally no disputing this.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

calm down kids
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

pokinmik wrote:You are a grown ass boy using your daddy's login to save a buck. Everyone does it, it's okay. Unless you live together you are gaming the system. There's literally no disputing this.
Since you're doing it too (and it isn't illegal nor immoral BTW) you should probably shut the fuck up. Kay little guy?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

tag team, back again

My Dad uses my P12 and NBA League Pass login, freakin mooch! He just realized the other day that NBA wasn't a part of my Comcast plan...
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I'm just calling him out on his nonsense.

I see your bullshit posts on here day after day and usually stay out of it and I probably should have stuck to that. You make a fool of yourself all on your own. Pretty sad really but funny for many of us.
Last edited by pokinmik on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Well if the games are on fs1 or Pac 12 I don't get them. ..but otherwise I have a roku and a sling t.v. account and watch espn
Install Kodi on your Roku, you will then have Pac-12 Network and be able to watch games on FS1.

You're welcome.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Pac12 network/directv are paying for a significant portion of my season tickets :lol: It sucks to miss 4 or 5 games a year and have to keep refreshing ESPN's live game log, but I dont mind getting to watch any TJ/Stanley/AG/Rondae/ETC game I want for free and get $480 off my bill for a year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Today Cox in Tucson started carrying both the regional and national networks:

1070 PAC-12 Network
1075 PAC-12 Arizona
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:Pac12 network/directv are paying for a significant portion of my season tickets :lol: It sucks to miss 4 or 5 games a year and have to keep refreshing ESPN's live game log, but I dont mind getting to watch any TJ/Stanley/AG/Rondae/ETC game I want for free and get $480 off my bill for a year.
Get Kodi.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

UAEebs86 wrote:Today Cox in Tucson started carrying both the regional and national networks:

1070 PAC-12 Network
1075 PAC-12 Arizona
Not permanent, just a tournament gift to Tucson subscribers since you can't even buy the National feed from them.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

I still have no clue why the change this year to showing games only on the national feed. When the Pac-12 network was launched and I had the Bay Area regional network included with Comcast, I decided to spend 19 bucks or whatever extra month to get the national network (and a few other channels). But it seemed like a waste since almost every game was on the regional network anyway (not to mention that national feed was ...and still is...standard definition). Wonder what drove the change this season? Do they think they will attract more viewers of a replay of a Stanford game than a live tournament game?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CatMG wrote:I still have no clue why the change this year to showing games only on the national feed. When the Pac-12 network was launched and I had the Bay Area regional network included with Comcast, I decided to spend 19 bucks or whatever extra month to get the national network (and a few other channels). But it seemed like a waste since almost every game was on the regional network anyway (not to mention that national feed was ...and still is...standard definition). Wonder what drove the change this season? Do they think they will attract more viewers of a replay of a Stanford game than a live tournament game?
http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/w ... 24b3d.html" target="_blank
The Pac-12’s original vision was to put out seven feeds, one national and six that would each cover the two schools in its geographic area. But because it didn’t have enough content when the networks started up, it often spread out-of-region games to other regional feeds.

Now, it says it does have more than enough content (850 events in all per year) so has to spread them out.
My favorite part of the article:
I asked Pac-12 Networks president Lydia Murphy-Stephans why the league couldn’t filter in high-profile events such as tournament games to all the regional networks anyway, considering the nature of the current problem, but she said it would be contrary to the “integrity” of the regional idea.
Integrity of the regional idea. :lol:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wait so showing a Colorado/WSU tournament game hurts the "integrity" of PAC 12 network-Arizona??? So to the President of the network. It's note important to show a replay of an asu game instead of a live tournament game on the regional network. Just because they think people in Arizona want to watch asu basketball... Instead of the tournament....wow

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Wait so showing a Colorado/WSU tournament game hurts the "integrity" of PAC 12 network-Arizona??? So to the President of the network. It's note important to show a replay of an asu game instead of a live tournament game on the regional network. Just because they think people in Arizona want to watch asu basketball... Instead of the tournament....wow
Surreal.....the definition of stupidity. Simply astounding......id be so pissed if I were a subscriber to the P12 Network. Smh
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Jesus there's no good reason we need to have 850 events aired on this network. Air every men's basketball and football game and pick and choose multiple events from smaller sports and only have one network. The footprint for success was laid out by the Big Ten and now the SEC. God damn morons.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ChooChooCat wrote:Jesus there's no good reason we need to have 850 events aired on this network. Air every men's basketball and football game and pick and choose multiple events from smaller sports and only have one network. The footprint for success was laid out by the Big Ten and now the SEC. God damn morons.
Yep just have the one network and have the option for alternate channels when there are multiple basketball and football games on. Like how the big 10 network does it. Sunday-Monday there's the one channel but at 9 am on football Saturdays there's a couple alternates for all the games to be seen on.

CatMG

Post by CatMG »

ASUHATER! wrote:Wait so showing a Colorado/WSU tournament game hurts the "integrity" of PAC 12 network-Arizona??? So to the President of the network. It's note important to show a replay of an asu game instead of a live tournament game on the regional network. Just because they think people in Arizona want to watch asu basketball... Instead of the tournament....wow
And I guess the conference "bigwigs" haven't figured out that there are a LOT of alumni from different Pac schools scattered around the regional footprints of the Pac-12 (like me). I would love it if they dumped the regional channel for the national feed but I might as well watch on the computer rather than watch in SD (and pay extra to do so). Absolutely pathetic.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CatMG wrote:
And I guess the conference "bigwigs" haven't figured out that there are a LOT of alumni from different Pac schools scattered around the regional footprints of the Pac-12 (like me). I would love it if they dumped the regional channel for the national feed but I might as well watch on the computer rather than watch in SD (and pay extra to do so). Absolutely pathetic.
Yeah seriously. Not all Arizona fans are in Arizona. There are tons of alumni in Seattle, nor Cal, so Cal, Denver, Vegas....

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Interesting how today they keep mentioning for people to contact their provider if they want to see the rest of the tournament. Yeah, totally not the Pac 12's fault you can't watch all the games. :roll:
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I laugh at hearing Calabro and Yam being forced to read that announcement. That's something a network issues the first run of blackouts by a major provider--not three years later.

Like I am going to go to a website to be told how to contact my TV provider. The stupid talking down to the savvy. Laughable.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Streamed on laptop today.

Game started out in HD. Choppiness started late in first half.

HD then disappeared for good. Terrible picture.

Any other experiences?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

At least they put something half decent on with the 2011 AZ/Duke game.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Larry Scott and his network are getting eaten alive on twitter, facebook and newspapers/blogs. People's minds are blown by this fiasco
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Came home today and realized the apartment clubhouse as Pac-12 Bay Area. They were showing Cal vs ASU replay. I missed the last 5 minutes of our game.

So, living in Sacto, where do I have to go tomorrow to watch the game? BJs? Applebees? I'm serious here. I don't want to take a chance on some random sports bar not having it.

I hate Larry Scott

http://www.pacifictakes.com/pac-12-bask ... ine-stream" target="_blank

http://www.cougcenter.com/2016/3/10/111 ... c-director" target="_blank

The more I read, the more I realize what a crock. I'm glad my wife canceled the sports pack in March, wouldn't have been able to watch a fucking Arizona game being played in Vegas, at home in NorCal anyways.

What is this the 1980's with keeping up with sports? Gonna have to box score it in the newspaper tomorrow? Sheesh.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

uofaad@arizona.edu" target="_blank: GB
rosscobb@arizona.edu" target="_blank: Director of AD business affairs.

email sent.
gumby

Post by gumby »

nm
Last edited by gumby on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

CalStateTempe wrote:uofaad@arizona.edu" target="_blank: GB
rosscobb@arizona.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank: Director of AD business affairs.

email sent.
Email sent:

Hi,

I'm in Spokane. I DVRed the "semifinal game" that appeared in our time slot. But I did it on the HD channel (Pac-12 WA, for me). So I got a replay of UW-Oregon.

Because who wouldn't want to watch a replay of a just-completed game rather than a live game! Hey, at least they kept that "regional integrity" intact.

Then to hear Yam and Co. beg people to complain to cable providers. Please. They made the choice, and it was a terrible one.

Hope you're bearing down on this.
Last edited by gumby on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Brutal. I can't imagine the emotions going thru your body after you sat down on your couch, avoiding all news and sports programming all day so not to be spoiled, all prepared to enjoy the AZ game with no commercials, and then you hit play and that crap comes on.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Larry Scott and his network are getting eaten alive on twitter, facebook and newspapers/blogs. People's minds are blown by this fiasco
It is moronic on every level. The decision not to show all games on regional networks is entirely a self inflicted wound.

It completely misunderstands sports fans. I'm probably gonna watch some conference tourney basketball. All this means is that I'll watch ACC or BIG instead.

Finally, the "regional" concept implies I care about ASU, when the truth is that I give zero ****s about them. Yet somehow preserving the integrity of only letting me view 50% stuff I care about and 50% stuff I wouldn't watch in a Clockwork Orange matters more than having people actually watch your conference tournament.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

gumby wrote:
rosscobb@arizona.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank: Director of AD business affairs.

email sent.
Email sent:

Hi,

I'm in Spokane. I DVRed the "semifinal game" that appeared in our time slot. But I did it on the HD channel (Pac-12 WA, for me). So I got a replay of UW-Oregon.

Because who wouldn't want to watch a replay or a just-completed game rather than a live game! Hey, at least they kept that "regional integrity" intact.

Then to hear Yam and Co. beg people to complain to cable providers. Please. They made the choice, and it was a terrible one.

Give 'em hell, guys. At least it'll completely eradicate this belief some non-spinmeisters cling to that Scott is some kind of "innovator" and "very intelligent."

I've never gotten feedback on my few emails/letters to the AD over the years, so where do you think this would do the most good, besides the comments section on an SBNation story?
The regional/national channel fiasco with this conference tournament falls squarely on Larry Scott.

Why is the Pac-12 Network breaking in during games to tell me to go to a Pac-12 website in order for it to tell me how to contact my TV provider?

That’s something providers do as soon as negotiations break down between them and channels. Heck, those instructions are pre-emptively put up on my Dish channel guide!

Yet this is the only response the conference issues through its network. I think DirecTV subscribers would’ve done that, oh, about three years ago, don’t you? How is this supposed to make the slightest bit of difference now?

This conference has gone from being an equally competitive member of the Power 5, after adding Colorado and Utah, to being an investment for people whose true interests lie elsewhere. The only hope is that the conference presidents get angry enough to demand a change, because public perception of this conference has meant as much so far to its commissioner as a down month for one of his 401(k) stocks. Perhaps even less.

But in the meantime, we’re all supposed to just relax and enjoy Bill Walton’s endless plaudits about Scott’s "vision" and "transformation" of this conference. All I can say to that is, consider the source. This is an internal issue the Pac-12 offices need to fix themselves, and as a fan from the beginning of the Tom Hansen days, I am sick and tired of waiting around for another commissioner to make one fix out of the hundreds that need to be addressed with the public perception of the Pac-12.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Sent it anyway G.

I wrote mine at 1230am this morning, and don't expect a response, but I do want them to know that there is an issue.

Send the ad those emails...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Larry Scott and his network are getting eaten alive on twitter, facebook and newspapers/blogs. People's minds are blown by this fiasco
It is moronic on every level. The decision not to show all games on regional networks is entirely a self inflicted wound.

It completely misunderstands sports fans. I'm probably gonna watch some conference tourney basketball. All this means is that I'll watch ACC or BIG instead.

Finally, the "regional" concept implies I care about ASU, when the truth is that I give zero ****s about them. Yet somehow preserving the integrity of only letting me view 50% stuff I care about and 50% stuff I wouldn't watch in a Clockwork Orange matters more than having people actually watch your conference tournament.
"Preserving the integrity" = "We're too lazy, or incompetent, to show all the Pac-12 games on all our channels for one four-day period."

Watch the games all be on just Fox Sports One next year. But hey, you can stream the games that are outside your region! :roll:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

People still use email?

I think twitter might get a better response since it is public. Perhaps with Facebook too.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

catgrad97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

"Preserving the integrity" = "We're too lazy, or incompetent, to show all the Pac-12 games on all our channels for one four-day period."

Watch the games all be on just Fox Sports One next year. But hey, you can stream the games that are outside your region! :roll:
FYI, if you google Larry Scott Integrity, this article is one result.

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles ... d-rush.htm" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Merkin wrote:People still use email?

I think twitter might get a better response since it is public. Perhaps with Facebook too.
I'm rarely on FB, and don't have a twitter account.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote: People still use email?

He sends them to fans, so yeah. It's essential at my job.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So where do I go to watch this game tonight?

BJs brewery? I'm thinking I have to go to someplace corporate and not the corner bar.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Id call around and find a place with DTV and Cox/Comcast/Time Warner
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wow..BJs brewery in sac has DTV, but does not have the subscription for the national channel. This is some serious horseshit.
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby wrote:
rosscobb@arizona.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank: Director of AD business affairs.

email sent.
Email sent:

Hi,

Because who wouldn't want to watch a replay of a just-completed game rather than a live game! Hey, at least they kept that "regional integrity" intact.

Reply:
We are working diligently with the Pac-12 networks on a solution. Thanks for your support of Arizona Athletics.

Bear Down!

GB
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I got the same reply Gumby.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I got nothing.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

CalStateTempe wrote:Came home today and realized the apartment clubhouse as Pac-12 Bay Area. They were showing Cal vs ASU replay. I missed the last 5 minutes of our game.

So, living in Sacto, where do I have to go tomorrow to watch the game? BJs? Applebees? I'm serious here. I don't want to take a chance on some random sports bar not having it.
A bit late for you seeing the Pac 12 tourney, but good to know Sac finally has a gathering spot.

Sactown Cats Viewing of Round 1 this Thursday:

Thursday, March 17, 2016, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
723 56th Street
Sacramento, CA 95819

Hosted by the SactownCats

http://arizonaalumni.com/event/sacramen ... irst-round" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAtrue wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Came home today and realized the apartment clubhouse as Pac-12 Bay Area. They were showing Cal vs ASU replay. I missed the last 5 minutes of our game.

A bit late for you seeing the Pac 12 tourney, but good to know Sac finally has a gathering spot.

723 56th Street
Sacramento, CA 95819

Cool!

Thanks dude! I didn't now SactownCats existed! Bear Down
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

PULLMAN – When the presidents and athletic directors of Pac-12 schools came together to launch the Pac-12 Network, they envisioned a television cash spigot that would flood the athletic budgets of every member school.

Four years into the network’s existence, however, revenues continue to lag far short of expectations. And with other college conference networks distributing more money per school, it appears that the Pac-12 needs a partner to extend its reach into more households to keep pace with its rivals.

The Big Ten Conference and Southeastern Conference (SEC) reach five times as many households, according to some estimates.

Pac-12 executives once thought the Big Ten could be used to model projections. The conference, home to such schools as University of Michigan and Ohio State University, owns 49 percent of its network. The Pac-12, in contrast,owns 100 percent of its network and thus keeps all the profits for its member schools.

“I think conservatively, as we were penciling our stuff out, that we were looking at $5 or $6 million,” WSU athletic director Bill Moos said when asked about the conference’s projections for 2015.

Instead, each member school received $1.4 million. Reports indicate the SEC distributed about $5 million in its first full year of operation. The SEC Network started in 2014. The Big Ten network averaged payouts of $6.6 million per school during its first six years.

The Pac-12 yearly distributes an average of $20.8 million per year to each school thanks to an escalating contract with Fox and ESPN in exchange for the broadcast rights to the most desirable games. However, that figure also falls short of what the Big Ten and SEC are getting.

One remedy the Pac-12 is considering calls for the sale of an equity stake in the Pac-12 Network. This would provide an immediate, one-time influx of cash to each member school and allow their athletic departments to remain competitive while hiring coaches, recruiting student athletes and building sports facilities.

Finding a network partner – such as the SEC’s alliance with ESPN, or the Big Ten Network’s arrangement with Fox – would give the networks more leverage in negotiations.

The Pac-12 has been unable to come to an agreement with DirecTV to distribute its national and regional networks that show games into the roughly 4 million DirecTV homes residing in the conference’s home turf.

“That has been a little bit of a problem, because we haven’t had the hammer on places like DirecTV in regards to, ‘Hey, if you don’t take the networks then you’re not going to get this or that,’ like ESPN and FOX do with the other two conferences,” Moos said.

However, those short-term benefits may not outweigh the long-term advantages to the conference of retaining 100 percent ownership of the network, he said.

“I hold out optimism that ideally, this is just personally my feelings, that we keep the Pac-12 Networks as it is and continue to let it grow,” Moos said. “Because when it does, it’s awfully nice to be getting 100 percent of the profits.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/m ... -of-profi/" target="_blank
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

CalStateTempe wrote:
UAtrue wrote:

723 56th Street
Sacramento, CA 95819

Cool!

Thanks dude! I didn't now SactownCats existed! Bear Down
SactownCats has been around for about three years. I started it when I moved up here from Tucson. The Sacramento region has 1,800+ alumni and some very prominent ones in the region. The game watching parties are typically a younger crowd, but we have done events like wine tasting in the region etc. I wish I knew you were from Sacramento, otherwise I would have had you come out. The Pac-12 Tournament was terrible though as Clubhouse 56 specifically gets the Pac-12 Network for us but the national broadcast was not in HD and the HD channel Pac-12 Bay area had a Cal replay on.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Knock on wood I still have the national and regional channels with Cox
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PHXCATS wrote:Knock on wood I still have the national and regional channels with Cox
I did as of last night.