Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Thee Pac12 Network

Post by Longhorned »

Really? This is AWESOME!!!!!!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Never mind, this isn't going to work on Sling. The site says, "Get additional programming like NFL RedZone, Pac-12 Networks, Spike, NickToons, EPIX, HBO®, and others."

But then it offers no way to get that additional programming. No offer to select. Nothing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:Never mind, this isn't going to work on Sling. The site says, "Get additional programming like NFL RedZone, Pac-12 Networks, Spike, NickToons, EPIX, HBO®, and others."

But then it offers no way to get that additional programming. No offer to select. Nothing.
maybe it hasn't updated yet?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Pac-12 Networks adds all six regional networks to Sling TV
By Pac-12 Networks PR
Sep 8, 2016

PAC-12 NETWORKS ADDS ALL SIX REGIONAL NETWORKS TO SLING TV
Sling TV first to distribute Pac-12 Networks over-the-top
Pac-12 Networks joins “Sports Extra” add-on packs for Blue and Orange customers

SAN FRANCISCO– Pac-12 Networks announced today a new agreement with Sling TV to make all six Pac-12 Networks regional feeds, which collectively offer live coverage of more than 800 sporting events, available to Sling Orange and Sling Blue customers who subscribe to the “Sports Extra” add-on pack as six separate channels. Sling TV is Pac-12 Networks’ first over-the-top provider to offer the network’s content, enabling Sling TV customers to watch Pac-12 games, regardless of their location.

“This is a great way for Pac-12 Networks to kick off the 2016 football season,” said Pac-12 Net

http://pac-12.com/article/2016/09/07/pa ... s-sling-tv" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Game Changer.

We just signed with DISH,but within 30 days so we are going to cut that shit.

So what do I need at this point for live sports and movies?
Roku, Antenna, Sling, and Netflicks/Hulu?

How long does it take for new episodes of shows like walking dead and game of thrones to update? Part of the fun is the shared experience of watching with the rest of the nation.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Any difference between Roku and amazon firestick?
Zero

Post by Zero »

Can you use SLing on a Roku?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

" To watch Sling TV on your television, you'll need to connect a streaming player, like Apple Tv, a Roku 3 or Roku 2, Chromecast, etc."

If you have the right Roku.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

not a game changer, sadly.

Can only use on one device, so while I'm watching games, wife is SOL on the bedroom TV trying to watch bravo or whatever else kinda garbage she likes.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:not a game changer, sadly.

Can only use on one device, so while I'm watching games, wife is SOL on the bedroom TV trying to watch bravo or whatever else kinda garbage she likes.
You can watch 3 separate streams of sling simultaneously if you choose

http://help.sling.com/articles/en_US/FA ... me-time-13" target="_blank

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gonna have to research this a bit more, but will probably stay with Dish for 2 years and reassess at that time when the technology is a bit more advanced and sling/roku/streaming is more widely adopted.

Not saying it isn't already, but for us I don't think its the right time to cut the cord.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I haven't honestly used any cable or satellite service in over 2 years. I really don't miss any of it because I still have netflix and amazon prime and a digital antenna. I have access to Watch ESPN as well. If roku just had access to the big 10 and pac 12 networks I would be complete.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Gonna have to research this a bit more, but will probably stay with Dish for 2 years and reassess at that time when the technology is a bit more advanced and sling/roku/streaming is more widely adopted.

Not saying it isn't already, but for us I don't think its the right time to cut the cord.
It's always the right time. I don't even have access to the Pac 12 network and I'm grateful every day I cut the cord.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Gonna have to research this a bit more, but will probably stay with Dish for 2 years and reassess at that time when the technology is a bit more advanced and sling/roku/streaming is more widely adopted.

It's always the right time. I don't even have access to the Pac 12 network and I'm grateful every day I cut the cord.
God Damn hater, you feel the need to opine on every perspective different than yours?

Good for you, glad it works for you, and so awesome to know that you know about more my families needs, desires, wants, regarding are TV/entertainment watching habits than I do after informing myself the last 4-5 hours researching, weighing, and coming to my above view point.

Enjoy your playstation, I'll stick to being a luddite with Dish for another 2 years.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

God Damn hater, you feel the need to opine on every perspective different than yours?

Good for you, glad it works for you, and so awesome to know that you know about more my families needs, desires, wants, regarding are TV/entertainment watching habits than I do after informing myself the last 4-5 hours researching, weighing, and coming to my above view point.

Enjoy your playstation, I'll stick to being a luddite with Dish for another 2 years.
Whoa calm down. I never said anything that you're saying. Take some deep breaths.

jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

I have to wait until streaming becomes a little more reliable to switch from Dish. I have the MLB.tv subscription and that runs like crap half the time. I don't feel like having to deal with buffering when I am trying to watch an Arizona basketball game. It is already a big enough pain to have to watch the Yankees with buffering.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

jsbowl16 wrote:I have to wait until streaming becomes a little more reliable to switch from Dish. I have the MLB.tv subscription and that runs like crap half the time. I don't feel like having to deal with buffering when I am trying to watch an Arizona basketball game. It is already a big enough pain to have to watch the Yankees with buffering.
i switched from dish about a year and a half ago. first with sling, now on playstation vue. i can count on one hand the times i've had buffering issues or a drop in streaming quality. quality usually seems better than cable or satellite honestly. dish messed up on me at least as often, if not more, than the streaming has. really comes down to what kind of internet you have. if you have crappy 25 dollar a month century link dsl...it may not be so good.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've had annoying problems with Sling. In addition to occasional video problems on all devices, I recently got a black screen on several channels with a message that the televised event was blacked out in my area. A trump speech from Arizona is getting blacked out on CNN in Illinois?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

scumdevils86 wrote:I haven't honestly used any cable or satellite service in over 2 years. I really don't miss any of it because I still have netflix and amazon prime and a digital antenna. I have access to Watch ESPN as well. If roku just had access to the big 10 and pac 12 networks I would be complete.
Out of curiosity, how do you have access to Watch ESPN? I'm going to guess you have someones password but it's worth asking. I might signup for sling, that's sounds like a good deal. Kodi is cool and all but the video really sucks sometimes.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

84Cat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:I haven't honestly used any cable or satellite service in over 2 years. I really don't miss any of it because I still have netflix and amazon prime and a digital antenna. I have access to Watch ESPN as well. If roku just had access to the big 10 and pac 12 networks I would be complete.
Out of curiosity, how do you have access to Watch ESPN? I'm going to guess you have someones password but it's worth asking. I might signup for sling, that's sounds like a good deal. Kodi is cool and all but the video really sucks sometimes.
sling gives you access to watch espn on any device you can use watch espn on (computer, tablet, phone, roku, amazon fire tv, apple tv..)

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

84Cat wrote:
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/26/79048 ... -tv-review" target="_blank

As we've said before, Sling TV's channel lineup is tiny when lined up against your average cable bundle. ESPN is obviously the standout, and it can't be overlooked. If you're someone who rarely watches anything beyond live sports, Sling may give you a way to save some money versus paying Comcast, Time Warner, or Dish for a full channel package. ESPN2 is also available, and there's more good news: when Sling TV launches, subscribers will gain full access to the Watch ESPN mobile app. After CES, it wasn't exactly clear whether that would be part of the $20 subscription fee, and it's good to see that ESPN has included it in the deal.

Sling says a $5 sports add-on pack will add additional ESPN programming sometime in the near future. But some bad always trails behind the good. Licensing deals between the NFL and Verizon mean Sling TV customers will be hit with blackouts when trying to stream games on a smartphone. Watch on a TV or laptop and you'll have no problems.
Zero

Post by Zero »

What will the price be for Sling with Pac12? The highest package looks like 50 a month. I have one more year with Directv. Not gonna pay 50 a month for Sling when I pay 75 a month for all the sports channels (no pac12 sadly) all the movie channels and free nfl ticket with red zone.

Looks like I will be watching on my laptop until next season.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Zero wrote:What will the price be for Sling with Pac12? The highest package looks like 50 a month. I have one more year with Directv. Not gonna pay 50 a month for Sling when I pay 75 a month for all the sports channels (no pac12 sadly) all the movie channels and free nfl ticket with red zone.

you'd only pay 50 bucks if you want all the spanish channels and other random stuff. when i had sling i paid $25 a month for the main package that included all the sports channels i wanted. you'd have to try really hard to pay 50 a month and get a bunch of useless extras.

i really wish playstation vue would add the pac 12 network since it's such a good service and good deal from what i've experienced so far. $35 a month for about 65 channels, a cloud dvr system and every major sports channel (except for the pac 12 network).

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Zero wrote:What will the price be for Sling with Pac12? The highest package looks like 50 a month. I have one more year with Directv. Not gonna pay 50 a month for Sling when I pay 75 a month for all the sports channels (no pac12 sadly) all the movie channels and free nfl ticket with red zone.

you'd only pay 50 bucks if you want all the spanish channels and other random stuff. when i had sling i paid $25 a month for the main package that included all the sports channels i wanted. you'd have to try really hard to pay 50 a month and get a bunch of useless extras.

i really wish playstation vue would add the pac 12 network since it's such a good service and good deal from what i've experienced so far. $35 a month for about 65 channels, a cloud dvr system and every major sports channel (except for the pac 12 network).
What did you do about ESPN? The sling blue pack 25usd doesn't have EAP. But it has all the fox affiliates.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

What did you do about ESPN? The sling blue pack 25usd doesn't have EAP. But it has all the fox affiliates.
the 25 dollar pack i paid for on sling had espn, espn2, espnu, sec network...

PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Really wish the PAC 12 Network had more original programming like the Big Ten does. Would love to see PAC12 treasurer hunters or the eats of the PAc 12 instead of the 17th replay of Oregon vs UC Davis.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Saturday morning, September 10. Hours away from the next Arizona football game. And Sling still hasn't added the PAC-12 network, even though this was announced to start days ago. #no faith in anything related to the PAC-12 network
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Longhorned wrote:Saturday morning, September 10. Hours away from the next Arizona football game. And Sling still hasn't added the PAC-12 network, even though this was announced to start days ago. #no faith in anything related to the PAC-12 network

Hope they get it working soon. Thinking of switching to Sling when it's up/ running
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HiCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Saturday morning, September 10. Hours away from the next Arizona football game. And Sling still hasn't added the PAC-12 network, even though this was announced to start days ago. #no faith in anything related to the PAC-12 network

Hope they get it working soon. Thinking of switching to Sling when it's up/ running
Same here. I only had Dish to watch the Cats since I don't watch regular TV for the most part.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Okay, now on Sling it says in a banner across the top that "the PAC-12 networks are now available with the Sports Extra package for $5 a month." It's just that PAC-12 isn't listed among the offers in the regular part of the website. So after you pay Sling, it will either be there, or it won't.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Longhorned wrote:Okay, now on Sling it says in a banner across the top that "the PAC-12 networks are now available with the Sports Extra package for $5 a month." It's just that PAC-12 isn't listed among the offers in the regular part of the website. So after you pay Sling, it will either be there, or it won't.
Sling probably hasn't updated their offerings on the Sports package yet.

Anybody try it yet?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Longhorned wrote:Okay, now on Sling it says in a banner across the top that "the PAC-12 networks are now available with the Sports Extra package for $5 a month." It's just that PAC-12 isn't listed among the offers in the regular part of the website. So after you pay Sling, it will either be there, or it won't.
Well sounds like all you have to do is sign up for the basic $20 package and add the $5 sports pack to it and you're good to go.

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I'm about ready to cut off Direct TV myself for Playstation Vue. Can't justify the $100 bill: the only time I watch TV is when there is a game on and even then, I've been missing a ton of those; and my wife watches about four hours of Bravo housewives BS in a weekend and that's it. The TV is on Disney Jr or Boomerang daily from 6-830 and off-and-on on weekends, and even then, it's mostly background noise because my boys are busy fighting over toys and running around like maniacs. The only channel any of us would lose that we watch is MLB Network (for me), which I dont even get around to watching much anyhow. Makes sense. Assuming out of the $65 or so I'd save monthly, $10 of that would need to be used to bump up my internet speed to optimize multi-room viewing down the road.

Assuming there is no contract with Sling? Then I could do the above and only use sling during the basketball season to get the away basketball games on the Pac 12 network. $25 a month for essentially just four months of of the year. There is just so much BS on TV these days, so many useless channels that never get watched, and with tablets and smartphones, we get so caught up in doing stuff on those after the kids go to bed that our TV isn't being used during those hours. And if I ever get really bored, I have over 200 blu rays that don't get watched as much as they should.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Does anybody have the MXQ box?

It's a box for Kodi. I've heard good things from one of the boys at work.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat wrote:Does anybody have the MXQ box?

It's a box for Kodi. I've heard good things from one of the boys at work.
I had one, actually still do sitting back in it's box. It worked really well, but it's remote conflicted with the remote on my TV, and never could separate them.

So I bought a Asus Nexus which doesn't have the same problem.

I was able to watch both football games on Kodi. It's not perfect, there is a few second lag, and occasionally it stutters then catches up.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

wyo-cat wrote:

Anybody try it yet?

Any Sling TV users hooked up here with updates on Pac 12 features? What's the verdict on watching games? Is it up and running now? Appreciate any info..thanks.

Ready to switch over to Sling soon. 8-)
gumby

Post by gumby »

Wazzu considering student fee to help plug deficit caused, in part, by revenue from Pac 12 Network missing projections.
Right where I want to be.
wooha

Post by wooha »

HiCat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

Anybody try it yet?

Any Sling TV users hooked up here with updates on Pac 12 features? What's the verdict on watching games? Is it up and running now? Appreciate any info..thanks.

Yup, it's up and running. I added the sports package about 15 minutes before the football game on Saturday and it worked immediately.
And I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but you do get all of the Pac-12 regions, not just Pac-12 AZ (or the region you live in).
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

wooha wrote:
HiCat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:

Anybody try it yet?

Yup, it's up and running. I added the sports package about 15 minutes before the football game on Saturday and it worked immediately.
And I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but you do get all of the Pac-12 regions, not just Pac-12 AZ (or the region you live in).

Thanks a lot for the updates. The next round is on me. Will be switching to Sling (and Pac 12 sports) at the end of my billing cycle. :)
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Ive recently became aware of the Kodi app...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Gilbertcat wrote:Ive recently became aware of the Kodi app...

The Hawaii game came in so good on Kodi that we even forgot we were streaming it. Looked just like satellite.

Both the BYU and GSU games had some stuttering issues, but still both quite watchable on my 55" TV.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
jsbowl16 wrote:I have to wait until streaming becomes a little more reliable to switch from Dish. I have the MLB.tv subscription and that runs like crap half the time. I don't feel like having to deal with buffering when I am trying to watch an Arizona basketball game. It is already a big enough pain to have to watch the Yankees with buffering.
i switched from dish about a year and a half ago. first with sling, now on playstation vue. i can count on one hand the times i've had buffering issues or a drop in streaming quality. quality usually seems better than cable or satellite honestly. dish messed up on me at least as often, if not more, than the streaming has. really comes down to what kind of internet you have. if you have crappy 25 dollar a month century link dsl...it may not be so good.
I actually tested out Playstation Vue this past weekend and made the switch. It runs really well. It saved me about $80 per month making the switch from DISH so I upgraded my internet from 50mbps to 155mbps. I didnt really need it that fast for Vue but it is nice to have for the $10 per month price increase of internet. I am at about $105 now total for Vue and Internet and I get all of the channels I want except for PAC 12 but I will likely just add it for $25 per month during basketball season. It is a bit pricey just for Pac-12 but since I don't get to see many games in person in PA, it is about the cost of going to a game with my family.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

jsbowl16 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
I actually tested out Playstation Vue this past weekend and made the switch. It runs really well. It saved me about $80 per month making the switch from DISH so I upgraded my internet from 50mbps to 155mbps. I didnt really need it that fast for Vue but it is nice to have for the $10 per month price increase of internet. I am at about $105 now total for Vue and Internet and I get all of the channels I want except for PAC 12 but I will likely just add it for $25 per month during basketball season. It is a bit pricey just for Pac-12 but since I don't get to see many games in person in PA, it is about the cost of going to a game with my family.
Just install Kodi on a FireTV or Roku device and watch Pac-12 Network for free.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Isn't Kodi illegal?

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

How do you get the Pac-12 network for free with Roku?
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
jsbowl16 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Just install Kodi on a FireTV or Roku device and watch Pac-12 Network for free.
I have that running now and it is alright but I would much rather watch an hd stream for $25 per month plus I was talking to a tech from my ISP and he said that they are talking about blocking Kodi. I am not sure how they would do it but they are definitely aware that it is an issue so it is probably only a matter of time before they shut it down or start sending out letters warning of taking legal actions.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Was in Seattle over the weekend helping move my son back to college. My hotel had DirecTV, so no game. Had to head out to the 'burbs to watch game at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Son too young for bar, so had to nurse our meals (and my beer) for 3 1/2 hours.

That place sucks. This situation sucks.
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Pretty cool for Dish subscribers.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

That saves me about $15 a month!! Hell yeah!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UofAlum05 wrote:That saves me about $15 a month!! Hell yeah!
What is the new deal? Can I get rid of the multi sport pack? Effective when?!?