Thee Pac2 Network

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catgrad97

Re: Thee Pac12 Network

Post by catgrad97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:LOL. Should have worked out a deal before the merger, Larry. ATT/Directv have you by the balls now.
Should've partnered with FOX from the get go and let them force the hands of cable companies to carry the network like they did with Big Ten Network and like ESPN is doing with the Longhorn Network/SEC Network. Larry has been repeatedly way over his head in this job. He moved the conference championship to Vegas and that's about it as far as things he's done right during his tenure.
I think we need to face facts and come to terms with the fact that it was Larry Scott that couldn't close the deal with Texas and the Oklahoma schools to form the conference the Pac-10 deserved in the first place.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Who wants lowly Texas? If we're going to dip into that state, get a power. :mrgreen:

Scott should've allowed the Longhorn Network? Isn't that what UT wanted?

Why would anyone here struggle to face a bad "fact" about Larry Scott? Seems to be blamed for everything.
Right where I want to be.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Texas, DeLoss Dodds in particular, wanting the Longhorn Network is generally blamed for killing the deal.

On the contrary, I don't think Scott was competent enough to pull off the deal.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

catgrad97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:LOL. Should have worked out a deal before the merger, Larry. ATT/Directv have you by the balls now.
Should've partnered with FOX from the get go and let them force the hands of cable companies to carry the network like they did with Big Ten Network and like ESPN is doing with the Longhorn Network/SEC Network. Larry has been repeatedly way over his head in this job. He moved the conference championship to Vegas and that's about it as far as things he's done right during his tenure.
I think we need to face facts and come to terms with the fact that it was Larry Scott that couldn't close the deal with Texas and the Oklahoma schools to form the conference the Pac-10 deserved in the first place.
Honestly as an Arizona fan you should be thanking your lucky stars we didn't end up getting the Texas and OK schools in this conference. We would've been stuck with a division of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Okie State, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, & ASU. Suicide would've been better for us than that. I'd rather be at the mercy of the California schools than the Texahoma schools.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah we'd be lucky to have one home game every other year against a California scholarship in that situation. May go 5 years at a time without playing a ucla or Usc at home.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

PAC-12 walked away from the deal
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

What a massive failure this network is.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The deal would have been a disaster. All of the existing contracts would have to be reduced.
gumby

Post by gumby »

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegespo ... -collapse/

Would've been a bad business decision. Direct fans are stubborn.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Directv/AT&T isn't stupid. They know that the PAC doesn't get the interest that the SEC and Big-10 do, and therefore not worth the money Larry Scott was asking.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Glad I don't like NFL more than college. Makes it easy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:Glad I don't like NFL more than college. Makes it easy.

Guy on my vanpool last week since "football starts this week!" and I said, "no, it started last week".

Total number of NFL games I have watched the last 2 years: Maybe 4 quarters total in 2 SuperBowls.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lol.

Oh well, I've been getting free Sunday Ticket for the last few years. Directv better be throwing in some NBA league pass too or im gonna have to roll with Dish. I can give two craps about Arizona football and college football in general, I just cant take another year of missing half the bball games
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:Directv/AT&T isn't stupid. They know that the PAC doesn't get the interest that the SEC and Big-10 do, and therefore not worth the money Larry Scott was asking.
All Larry is asking for is 80 cents per subscriber within the Pac-12 footprint and 20 cents or so (likely less) per subscriber outside the Pac-12 footprint. It's not a lot of money and in the end they simply just don't care about carrying the network as they've already lost the vast majority of customers they were already going to lose from not carrying the network. The whole kick in the nuts is ATT has a deal with the Pac-12 Network already and weren't this disingenuous, but now they want to eat some of the carcass?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah it literally means nothing for dtv/AT&T to pick up the network. Basically no real outcry or demand for it outside of probably a few thousand west coast subscribers.

Zero

Post by Zero »

rgdeuce wrote:Lol.

Oh well, I've been getting free Sunday Ticket for the last few years. Directv better be throwing in some NBA league pass too or im gonna have to roll with Dish. I can give two craps about Arizona football and college football in general, I just cant take another year of missing half the bball games
Keep me updated if you get some NBA League for free. I wanna try that as well.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

What are the good dish deals?
gumby

Post by gumby »

MrBug708 wrote:What are the good dish deals?
I like the rosemary chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. -- $8.99.
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:What are the good dish deals?
I like the rosemary chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. -- $8.99.
Don't be like this Gumby. Get Direct TV.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Zero wrote:

My buddy got sunday ticket and $50 off his bill for a year. i'm torn. My wife doesn't want me getting Sunday Ticket; She cant take a fourth straight year of me yelling at the TV every Sunday,,plus U of A basketball season. Probably save most of that $50 a month w a first two years promo w Dish, plus have Pac 12 network.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Too many people like deuce around that there is no need for DTV to give in and they can ask for the moon. Not saying he is a bad person but not enough passion from our fan base and the 11 others in conference.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lmao. Come on dude, not taking what you said as a personal attack, but don't be ridiculous. I was born and raised in Tucson, a U of A graduate, and have been a diehard UA basketball fan my whole life. There is more to life than missing 10-15 basketball games a year, and I'm not the only person in my household who has a say in what cable/satellite provider we give our business to.

Regardless of all that, your point of view assumes that Directv is the bad guy in all of this. By me or anyone else leaving directv for dish, technically, isn't that giving in to Larry Scott and giving him the win? Things were fine and dandy in directv land when I got my games on Fox Sports until Scott came in with his dumbass network and thick skull and took half the season away. Scott is the same c sucker who won't acknowledge our conference titles and has gone after our basketball program to some degree, has he not?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I have Dish, still under contract...but negotiated $30 off my $80 bill a month. So seemingly I have it all, aside from the shitty NFL games that I don't give a rats ass about. If I did, I'd just need to listen to every meathead out there talking about stupid NFL shit endlessly.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

rgdeuce wrote:Lmao. Come on dude, not taking what you said as a personal attack, but don't be ridiculous. I was born and raised in Tucson, a U of A graduate, and have been a diehard UA basketball fan my whole life. There is more to life than missing 10-15 basketball games a year, and I'm not the only person in my household who has a say in what cable/satellite provider we give our business to.

Regardless of all that, your point of view assumes that Directv is the bad guy in all of this. By me or anyone else leaving directv for dish, technically, isn't that giving in to Larry Scott and giving him the win? Things were fine and dandy in directv land when I got my games on Fox Sports until Scott came in with his dumbass network and thick skull and took half the season away. Scott is the same c sucker who won't acknowledge our conference titles and has gone after our basketball program to some degree, has he not?
How can you possibly read from what I wrote amd think that I believe DTV is the bad guy?

You are correct, life is way more than a few games here and there. My comment was about people being bought out by free Sunday Ticket and not caring about football.

This is the first I have heard about Scott not acknowledging our conference titles, unless you mean him not being there for the regular season clincher. He was there and took his lumps in Vegas. Scott oversold everyone the whole time but even then not sure there is enough passion to have DTV on board. Should not have been greedy and had espn or fox as a partner from day 1 but heinsight is always 20/20
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Larry Scott should not be defended. Neither should DirecTV.

Your mistake maybe that you think the rich actually care about anything other than their richness. It's an argument about who gets to keep more of their money.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

You dont know anyone that gets PAC12? Just get their login and buy a chromecast
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Jefe wrote:

Chromecast blows.

Get an Amazon FireTV or Firestick and put Kodi on it. Problem solved.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:

Chromecast blows.

I watched the Nevada game on Kodi and the quality was shit. Any tips on good channels or is it just hit and miss?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ChooChooCat wrote:Chromecast blows.
All it does is mirror your computer/phone. My Dad uses one for every single game and its HD. Maybe your internet blows...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Jefe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Chromecast blows.
All it does is mirror your computer/phone. My Dad uses one for every single game and its HD. Maybe your internet blows...
Yes, they have cords for that, you don't need an overpriced stick. Get an Amazon box or stick, because it actually does something worthwhile.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

84Cat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:

Chromecast blows.

I watched the Nevada game on Kodi and the quality was shit. Any tips on good channels or is it just hit and miss?
If you have the Phoenix app on Kodi you can get Pac-12 Network in HD. The Pac-12 Network app is shit.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:

Chromecast blows.

If you have the Phoenix app on Kodi you can get Pac-12 Network in HD. The Pac-12 Network app is shit.
Thanks man!!! Just installed it and the picture looks great(1080hd). For all the people looking for an alternative, this is it. Just search on YouTube about Kodi and then search again for installing the Phoenix app. Bam, you have P12 network on your computer, xbox, or a few other devices. There is even an app for your phone which I am still looking into.
gumby

Post by gumby »

PHXCATS wrote:Too many people like deuce around that there is no need for DTV to give in and they can ask for the moon. Not saying he is a bad person but not enough passion from our fan base and the 11 others in conference.
This is the crux of the matter. Western fans just aren't as crazed overall. This is also a positive sign of mental health.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Too many people like deuce around that there is no need for DTV to give in and they can ask for the moon. Not saying he is a bad person but not enough passion from our fan base and the 11 others in conference.
This is the crux of the matter. Western fans just aren't as crazed overall. This is also a positive sign of mental health.
Weather is so much nicer out here among other things. When I grew up in MI watched a lot of football in fall and winter.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

ChooChooCat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:

Chromecast blows.

VDub is another solid App for sports, then you can also watch any show or movie ever made on Genesis.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Zero wrote:

I got NBA League Pass, a replacement remote (Seahawks loss), and $40 off my bill for a year. Was probably going to switch to Dish, but I got basketball season tickets now so that lessens the sting a lot.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Had my first weekend without dish and post cord cutting last weekend. Was fine. Between the antenna and sling tv I still got dozens of games. High quality hd on the stream with little to no hiccups. All for $25 a month as opposed to $130+

Coffeebean

Post by Coffeebean »

It looks like the ACC has a portal on my Apple TV. Any chance the Pac-12 could negotiate that option and offer subscripton service?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

ASUHATER! wrote:Had my first weekend without dish and post cord cutting last weekend. Was fine. Between the antenna and sling tv I still got dozens of games. High quality hd on the stream with little to no hiccups. All for $25 a month as opposed to $130+
What devise do you use to stream the games?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well if the games are on fs1 or Pac 12 I don't get them. ..but otherwise I have a roku and a sling t.v. account and watch espn

Zero

Post by Zero »

rgdeuce wrote:
Zero wrote:

I got NBA League Pass, a replacement remote (Seahawks loss), and $40 off my bill for a year. Was probably going to switch to Dish, but I got basketball season tickets now so that lessens the sting a lot.
Damn! What did you say for NBA league pass? I would much rather have that over Sunday Ticket.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I flat out told the lady, I'm cancelling and going with Dish if you dont give me what my buddy got. She asked, and i told her he got Sunday Ticket and $50 off his bill for a year, but I dont want Sunday Ticket I want league pass. She asked me to hold, came back later with yes to League Pass and $40 off. I said I want $50 off and she wouldn't budge. I know my bills only $105 and my buddy probably has the most expensive package, so I was content w the $40.

League Pass I believe is 50 or 60 cheaper than Sunday Ticket, though I dont know if they take more of a hit on one or the other
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Just got League Pass as well thru Comcast. $190 in full or 4 payments of $49. Just missed early bird pricing but they knocked my next bill down $20. May try later for another $20.

Gonna need some more DVR storage...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I'll say it again...I'm so happy that I cut the cord. Paying $25 a month for this playing and having a Roku where I can use my sling login to watch watchESPN is amazing. Quality almost seems better than satellite or cable and I'm using my dads dish login to watch PAC 12 games and other games I don't get on my computer or tablet. All at 1/5 the price I was paying before

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:I'll say it again...I'm so happy that I cut the cord. Paying $25 a month for this playing and having a Roku where I can use my sling login to watch watchESPN is amazing. Quality almost seems better than satellite or cable and I'm using my dads dish login to watch PAC 12 games and other games I don't get on my computer or tablet. All at 1/5 the price I was paying before
Good for you, but you do recognize that you are using a family members login to get access to things you wouldn't be able to otherwise.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Argued with Dish, now that I'm not under contract. Got the 250 channel package for $43/month, plus 6 months of pay channels (HBO, Show, Max) for free.

I used the fact that they took NBC off and we missed SNL, as my threat to leave.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:I'll say it again...I'm so happy that I cut the cord. Paying $25 a month for this playing and having a Roku where I can use my sling login to watch watchESPN is amazing. Quality almost seems better than satellite or cable and I'm using my dads dish login to watch PAC 12 games and other games I don't get on my computer or tablet. All at 1/5 the price I was paying before
Good for you, but you do recognize that you are using a family members login to get access to things you wouldn't be able to otherwise.
Yup. Couldn't be happier. Exact same as my dad watching it on my computer at my house too. He just happen to not be there most of the time. Dish is getting the money they deserve and the mobile app is being used exactly how it was intended by dish. Win win for all parties

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

ASUHATER! wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
Yup. Couldn't be happier. Exact same as my dad watching it on my computer at my house too. He just happen to not be there most of the time. Dish is getting the money they deserve and the mobile app is being used exactly how it was intended by dish. Win win for all parties
Replying to this old ass post...you are such a tool who never admits wrongdoing. I give out my hbogo and xfinity passwords to family too but don't act like you're not gaming the system haha.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

pokinmik wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
Replying to this old ass post...you are such a tool who never admits wrongdoing. I give out my hbogo and xfinity passwords to family too but don't act like you're not gaming the system haha.
Can't admit wrongdoing when it doesn't happen. Thanks, tool.