You didn't hear it from me

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

salim'sheadband

You didn't hear it from me

Post by salim'sheadband »

Oh wait, yes you did: the Jalen Reynolds "incident" was him punching a girl.
Zero

Re: You didn't hear it from me

Post by Zero »

What a POS.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Saw someone say GF at an apt. Jeez.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i expect it to be brought up and addressed tomorrow during Media Day -- not good
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

97cats wrote:i expect it to be brought up and addressed tomorrow during Media Day -- not good
I mean, the investigation could take FOUR or FIVE WEEKS. That's a long time. We shouldn't be too hasty now.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

they already said the timeline was a month -- i meant a "not good" incident .......but Xavier Basketball will be asked point blank about it tomorrow.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If they wiggle out of this, it will be because of small town midmajor politics.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's definitely a distraction.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He is traveling and will play according to Mack
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Mack doing his best Alford and Altman, I see.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm all for waiting for the investigation before punishing someone, but this kid has a history.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... efinitely/
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

What the incident is and what Xavier does, that we can't control.

We should win so they can devote more focus to investigation. Like how OJ was able to search for the true killers after he got the trial out of the way.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Kind of makes you want to pull for the little guy.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Mack doing his best Alford and Altman, I see.
Any coach in this situation is in a tough spot.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Wow. Wonder how they'll spin this.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I am all for due process but yikes....

And show me any other assault/dv situation that isn't something along the lines of a murder that takes a 4-5 week investigation. Lmfao. This is clearly getting pushed and extended for the basketball program. Unless their investigation requires a conviction or guilty plea before they say he did it
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

salim'sheadband wrote:Oh wait, yes you did: the Jalen Reynolds "incident" was him punching a girl.
I really don't see how that makes a difference. If he punched someone and the evidence is clear or he admits doing it, he shouldn't be playing. Don't care if it's a girl or a guy.

this 4-5 week investigation allowing him to play is obvious for what it is and doesn't fool anyone.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Were there police involved? If not, then it's not surprising that the university will take a while to investigate. I'm sure the campus police department for a 5000 student private school is not terribly well staffed or funded.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
gumby

Post by gumby »

CalStateTempe wrote:If they wiggle out of this, it will be because of small town midmajor politics.
Cincinnati. Big East. What's the power conference team template? Florida State? Oregon? Arizona?

Khalid Reeves never missed a game. Ended up being exonerated. Jordan Hill? I would counsel caution at such an early stage.
Right where I want to be.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

The wheels of justice move slowly. ;)
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Without knowing the context of that report, there is just no way to pass judgement at this stage.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Hmmmmm...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

A student filed the complaint against Reynolds with the school's police department overnight Monday. Mack said it will take several weeks to investigate. The university said it can't disclose the nature of the complaint because of student privacy laws.

"I will tell you that Jalen will be traveling with team, Jalen will be playing just like every other player on our team," Mack said.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basket ... ona-032415
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Going the Altman route
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Are there photos?

I lot of healing can take place in 4-5 weeks, let alone a weekend. If there is photographic evidence of assault, he should not be playing IMNSHO.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

What if the girl was 6'5 and weighed 275 lbs.? And what if she had a wiener?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I think the only real defense for that is self defense and he just struck her. In that case, probably not too likely a female victim is going to get hit by a man defending himself and file a complaint.

The details are going to leak before the game
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

gumby wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:If they wiggle out of this, it will be because of small town midmajor politics.
Cincinnati. Big East. What's the power conference team template? Florida State? Oregon? Arizona?

Khalid Reeves never missed a game. Ended up being exonerated. Jordan Hill? I would counsel caution at such an early stage.
Jesse Perry says hi, too. Fortunately his episode occurred after the season was over.

Ka'deem... yes, he was suspended, but many were irate that he was. After the facts actually came out, it did not sound as disturbing as it did when first reported. How long did that take to determine?

When Fabbians Ebbele was charged with the same thing, very few on the boards I followed believed it was a legit story. IIRC, their skepticism proved to be warranted.

If he is charged and found guilty, and there are not serious repercussions - then I'll join in. Until then - Chicat and Gumby got it right. Miller thinks very highly of Mack. I'll go with that until more is learned.

On the positive side, it is great to see such chivalry on display. when one of our own is accused of such heinous actions the reaction trends toward misogyny.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Citing "student privacy laws" is a bullshit excuse. It just is.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Olsondogg wrote:Citing "student privacy laws" is a bullshit excuse. It just is.
Yup. It's CREAM. But cash (almost) always wins over morals, so it can't be much of a surprise.

I imagine this action will have a small damaging effect for the team and possibly a large damaging effect for the individual player, so they will pay in that way.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Harvey Specter wrote:
gumby wrote:

Jesse Perry says hi, too. Fortunately his episode occurred after the season was over.

Ka'deem... yes, he was suspended, but many were irate that he was. After the facts actually came out, it did not sound as disturbing as it did when first reported. How long did that take to determine?

When Fabbians Ebbele was charged with the same thing, very few on the boards I followed believed it was a legit story. IIRC, their skepticism proved to be warranted.

If he is charged and found guilty, and there are not serious repercussions - then I'll join in. Until then - Chicat and Gumby got it right. Miller thinks very highly of Mack. I'll go with that until more is learned.

On the positive side, it is great to see such chivalry on display. when one of our own is accused of such heinous actions the reaction trends toward misogyny.
I actually meant Jesse Perry, though Jordan Hill had issues in Houston after he left Tucson. IIRC, posters were attacking the girl, not Perry.

I loathe hitting women, but at this point it's an allegation (unless I'm missing something). It is unrealistic to think this should be wrapped up by now. XU is our next opponent. If it were UNC, academic fraud would be the concern.

And it still can be! Go Tar Heels!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Miles Simon disagrees.

http://wc.arizona.edu/papers/93/59/01_3_m.html

Had a lot of message board support.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

gumby wrote:
Miles Simon disagrees.

Assault, whether it be to a woman or a man, should not be tolerated by any university. To hide behind student privacy laws when a police investigation is taking place is a joke. The timing of this is absolutely comical.

If someone wants to defend that somehow, especially in regards to a player that has been suspended indefinitely by the university before, then go for it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

FERPA law is pretty clear, can only release the final results:

https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpc ... dents.html

to any third party the final results of a disciplinary proceeding related to a crime of violence or non-forcible sex offense if the student who is the alleged perpetrator is found to have violated the school's rules or policies. The disclosure of the final results only includes: the name of the alleged perpetrator, the violation committed, and any sanction imposed against the alleged perpetrator. The disclosure must not include the name of any other student, including a victim or witness, without the written consent of that other student.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin wrote:FERPA law is pretty clear, can only release the final results:

https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpc ... dents.html

to any third party the final results of a disciplinary proceeding related to a crime of violence or non-forcible sex offense if the student who is the alleged perpetrator is found to have violated the school's rules or policies. The disclosure of the final results only includes: the name of the alleged perpetrator, the violation committed, and any sanction imposed against the alleged perpetrator. The disclosure must not include the name of any other student, including a victim or witness, without the written consent of that other student.

That's all well and good. But you really think the coach didn't ask the player "what did you do?" and the player said "nothing man".

Puhleeze. Altman hid behind the same thing saying he had no idea what happened. It's bullshit. The staff of any decent program knows what's going on with their players.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

Never been a big fan of Mack's ever since the Cincy/Xavier brawl and how he handled it.

So this isn't surprising to me.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:
gumby wrote:
Miles Simon disagrees.

Assault, whether it be to a woman or a man, should not be tolerated by any university. To hide behind student privacy laws when a police investigation is taking place is a joke. The timing of this is absolutely comical.

If someone wants to defend that somehow, especially in regards to a player that has been suspended indefinitely by the university before, then go for it.
Nothing unusual about this. The university hasn't tolerated anything yet. They're not "hiding behind," they're abiding by. They expose themselves legally if they don't.

If the police want to release information about a criminal matter, that's a different story. But if they don't, it doesn't mean abuse is being tolerated. Punishment is still in play.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

Apparently he's playing, and that's all that really matters at this point.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I predict interest will wane considerably after we win.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Macho Grande wrote:Apparently he's playing, and that's all that really matters at this point.
Public outcry would be the only reason he didn't, and this isn't going to reach that point. Once they committed to the investigation angle, any chance of a suspension basically went out the window.

Good thing Arizona has good players.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Salim's Headband really bringing it on twitter:

https://twitter.com/SalimsHeadband
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Macho Grande wrote:Apparently he's playing, and that's all that really matters at this point.
Maybe he'll feel subtle remorse at the choices he made in life and that will affect his play

:| :| :| :|
Reydituto

Post by Reydituto »

Merkin wrote:Salim's Headband really bringing it on twitter:

Apparently Ben Winoker likes to beat women ...
But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up!
Tonight he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle!
Sweet Sassy Molassey, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Reydituto wrote:
Merkin wrote:Salim's Headband really bringing it on twitter:

Apparently Ben Winoker likes to beat women ...
In self defense. Only in self defense. He has his defense all planned out. PTSD from the last Ronda Rousey fight.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Sat by a couple Xavier fans for the S16 game. They swore up and down he didn't hit a chick but it was more of a shouting match at a party. Then Reynolds karate chopped TJ on a dead ball play and no flagrant was called.

Both left the game with plenty of time left. Was nice not hearing, "Lets go X" for the 50th time