Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Longhorned »

You call her a pretty girl?

I wouldn't even give her my recipe for leftover Halloween candy in a bowl. I'd just look at my shoes.
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

Longhorned wrote:It's unpresidented.
That response Trumps all others . . .
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

(Cat In one MIl) "So lets suppose he won his appeal, according to this they would not need to reinstate him it would simply be a matter of a clean test...now this is where it gets dicey...some of these PED's/banned substances can stay in your system for months, because they are not natural they metabolize in the liver and urine and so they are detectable much longer than simply in the blood..certain kinds of steroids can be in your system up to 11 months..."

Thank you, Cat!

And duh. If a substance remains in the liver for a long period, it would be easy to guess the potential effect on performance could diminish to nearly nothing. And if so, why wouldn't the NCAA accept an argument that at some metric level, performance enhancement could be so small as to be clearly inconsequential?

A situation like this shouldn't logically call for "zero tolerance" application. Or should it?

It would be very interesting if we knew the substance and understood the dilution of its effect in "time line" graph fashion. Anyone out there able to discuss?
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What an indispensable article!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:
What an indispensable article!

"It’s time to face the facts: Allonzo Trier probably isn’t going to be returning to Arizona’s lineup anytime soon."

Will be hilarious if he plays this week.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

So Choo ...... is it still this coming week or bust and start to panic??

I will guess that means his "counts" or whatever for said substance (if that is indeed the situation) are already 0.00001% or whatever and if he's still not testing negative this coming week, then "start to worry" means it may be stuck in his liver for months???

That's my best guess based on everything said in this thread.

I know we want him back soon , because there will be a month before he's vibing w this squad at 100%. So we need him back before February.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:You call her a pretty girl?

I wouldn't even give her my recipe for leftover Halloween candy in a bowl. I'd just look at my shoes.
I'd tell her all my secrets . . . and all of yours too.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

gumby wrote:
Longhorned wrote:You guys noticed that Jill Savage (PAC 12 Network floor reporter working this game) reported that Miller told her he expects Trier back this season? That's called commenting on the situation.
Oh, so you have be a pretty girl to get him to talk. Typical.
So Miller thinks he will stay for his junior year.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I think their is a .000004% chance he doesn't see the floor this season
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If you'd told me in early November that Trier would miss the first half of the season (if not more), I wouldn't have expected us to start 15-2. CSM and the team deserve a ton of credit.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:

Not the one about the lawn chair, whipped cream, enema, and firecrackers.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:

That's first on the list. That thing you do with rotten zucchini is last (shudder).
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Huh? Your firecracker enemas are world-famous, Longhorned. I mean, you're out there in your front yard, licking whipped cream off your own nipples, sitting in a lawn chair, doing a firecracker enema.

People are gonna notice...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

People better not be taking shit about Jill Savage
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

You have a recipe for leftover Halloween candy in a bowl? What is it? Now, please.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Daryl Zero wrote:

You have a recipe for leftover Halloween candy in a bowl? What is it? Now, please.
I found it years ago in a Dave Barry column:

In a medium-sized room, take three miniature candy bars from a bowl, unwrap, and eat.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Hot or Not Syndrome. Get help.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

azcat49 wrote:I think their is a .000004% chance he doesn't see the floor this season
Show your work!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Maybe someone here can chime in. I did a little bit of internet research, and I kept seeing the beta-2 agonists salbutamol, salmeterol, clenbuterol, and formoterol do not stay in your blood that long. It's been three months, and I kept seeing ranges between 24 and 48 hours. That would rule out an inhaler, or at least waiting for a negative on a blood test before coming back as the reason why he is still not out there. I wish I saved some links, I found one example though.

Clenbuterol - 48 hours in blood

https://examine.com/supplements/clenbuterol/" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Rumor had it that he was given something by a doctor in the ER after his car accident.

Not sure if that has been debunked or not.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Maybe someone here can chime in. I did a little bit of internet research, and I kept seeing the beta-2 agonists salbutamol, salmeterol, clenbuterol, and formoterol do not stay in your blood that long. It's been three months, and I kept seeing ranges between 24 and 48 hours. That would rule out an inhaler, or at least waiting for a negative on a blood test before coming back as the reason why he is still not out there. I wish I saved some links, I found one example though.

If it is a PED, one of the questions is whether they're counting metabolites. The half-life of the substance is one thing, but if the NCAA is looking for a metabolite to clear the bloodstream, that can change things.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Maybe someone here can chime in. I did a little bit of internet research, and I kept seeing the beta-2 agonists salbutamol, salmeterol, clenbuterol, and formoterol do not stay in your blood that long. It's been three months, and I kept seeing ranges between 24 and 48 hours. That would rule out an inhaler, or at least waiting for a negative on a blood test before coming back as the reason why he is still not out there. I wish I saved some links, I found one example though.

If it is a PED, one of the questions is whether they're counting metabolites. The half-life of the substance is one thing, but if the NCAA is looking for a metabolite to clear the bloodstream, that can change things.
I'm not sure if it's the metabolite they're looking for or not, but you're absolutely correct that it goes well beyond the half-life of the substance.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Merkin wrote:Rumor had it that he was given something by a doctor in the ER after his car accident.

Not sure if that has been debunked or not.
That is almost exactly what I have heard.

I would imagine they pretty much know when it will be clear just based on watching it like a hawk for the last 3 months, and being able to do basic math. Things metabolize in bodies at a pretty even rate. Maybe it isn't fully clear that is required because that cannot happen, or maybe it is and they know when he will reach that..
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote: Hot or Not Syndrome. Get help.
I will as soon as I stop looking at the floor and can talk again.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

So, say the cutoff for a positive in a urinalysis is 50 ng/ml, they are now testing for and tracking under the 50 ng/ml until it gets to 0? Is that what you mean by that?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the metabolite they're looking for or not, but you're absolutely correct that it goes well beyond the half-life of the substance.
I'm no doctor, but metabolites can be pretty dose dependent as well. Re: the posts about a defined elimination date, that can be an issue. While the elimination rate is somewhat constant, the initial dose matters a lot.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

So, say the cutoff for a positive in a urinalysis is 50 ng/ml, they are now testing for and tracking under the 50 ng/ml until it gets to 0? Is that what you mean by that?
Dunno. The NCAA doesn't mandate elimination tracking to begin with, so I assume they set their own standard and cutoff if they are in this case. If they are tracking metabolites to zero, that could easily be a few months, depending on the substance.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I just figure the doctors have a good idea of when the threshold, whatever it is, will be met.

Thus Miller talking openly about Trier returning and people with some knowledge talking about an imminent return.

I only have some knowledge of what happened, not the ongoing saga...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Dunno. The NCAA doesn't mandate elimination tracking to begin with, so I assume they set their own standard and cutoff if they are in this case. If they are tracking metabolites to zero, that could easily be a few months, depending on the substance.
Especially when they are tracking it down to decimal points.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EVCat wrote:I just figure the doctors have a good idea of when the threshold, whatever it is, will be met.

Thus Miller talking openly about Trier returning and people with some knowledge talking about an imminent return.

I only have some knowledge of what happened, not the ongoing saga...
With the "I'm not a doctor" idea, I assume if they have been constantly tracking, they have a good idea about elimination rate by now and can offer a rough estimate. The threshold that RG talks about is a big deal in terms of that.
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

If the ER story after a car accident is true, wouldn't the hospital records showing him getting a drug in the ER clear him? Even the NCAA would have to see that in the kids favor....wait, its the NCAA, never mind.

Seems to me though that the student manager story makes more sense.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

TFCATFAN wrote:If the ER story after a car accident is true, wouldn't the hospital records showing him getting a drug in the ER clear him? Even the NCAA would have to see that in the kids favor....wait, its the NCAA, never mind.

Seems to me though that the student manager story makes more sense.
The whole deal is the NCAA sees it as a potential loophole, that even if, in this case, the student-athlete was innocently taking the substance, or reasonably, in the future, if they completely cleared him, players would just get doctors to prescribe. So they clear him, but then require the banned substance be out of the body to some threshold that is clearly beyond enhancement or benefit just to "send a message".

I can see some of the reasonableness of the concern...of players just finding Dr Feelgoods to prescribe. But if that clearly isn't what happened here, they are really jacking this kid up for some future concern, when I am sure they could just clearly amend their guidelines to prevent the loophole action.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Sup guys...just haven't been here in a while...see many of you on the twatters but I miss you. So....HI
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Merkin wrote:
"I Hope?"

Not a very promising statement aye!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Longhorned wrote:
Hot or Not: Floor Edition

I prefer a sassy blonde marble.

"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

mytwocents wrote:Sup guys...just haven't been here in a while...see many of you on the twatters but I miss you. So....HI
Could have used your RTs during football season! :D
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Merkin wrote:
mytwocents wrote:Sup guys...just haven't been here in a while...see many of you on the twatters but I miss you. So....HI
Pretty sure no amount of RTs was gonna help tbqh
gumby

Post by gumby »

TucsonClip wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Hot or Not: Floor Edition

I prefer a sassy blonde marble.

No. Too reflective, especially when shamed.

I'm all about the parquet.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Can you help us out? Jill Savage -- hot or not?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

this is dumb, but i am really really hoping to see 'zo return for the asu game. yeah, the team will be just fine vs. asu either way, and we need him more for the socal trip next week, but i kind of want his first game back to be at home so trier gets the welcome back he rightfully deserves. fans will blow the lid off of McK when his name is announced. hurley will probably have a stroke.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Unless Jill Svage is growing Kuato, I'm pretty sure I know how this one plays out in the end.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

mytwocents wrote:
Merkin wrote:
For crying out loud, they're RTs, not miracle squirters. They have to be used wisely, judiciously and with care.

Hey, Lauren.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

gumby wrote:
I think she is pretty, yes.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

Daryl Zero wrote:
mytwocents wrote:
Merkin wrote:
For crying out loud, they're RTs, not miracle squirters. They have to be used wisely, judiciously and with care.

Hey, Lauren.
Dats what I'm sayin....
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

All boobs are miracle squirters under the right circumstances.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Chicat wrote:All boobs are miracle squirters under the right circumstances.
They may be able to nurse and nurture a human baby or make most fellas and some gals happy, but they can't fix a broken football program.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

dirtbags wrote:this is dumb, but i am really really hoping to see 'zo return for the asu game. yeah, the team will be just fine vs. asu either way, and we need him more for the socal trip next week, but i kind of want his first game back to be at home so trier gets the welcome back he rightfully deserves. fans will blow the lid off of McK when his name is announced. hurley will probably have a stroke.

Trier ain't coming back...