Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Beachcat97

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Beachcat97 »

NYCat wrote:If Miller is hopeful it can be resolved by tommorow I am too.
Exactly. Feeling hopeful.

Nite fellas. Good win tonight. Rawle was huge.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

NYCat wrote:

“Recently, a trace amount of the same drug was found in his system and that minuscule amount is why he missed those games last year. One of the top Drug and Toxicologist Doctors in the U.S. stated that the amount detected in Allonzo’s urine is the equivalent of six grains of salt in 10 Olympic Sized swimming pools, and had zero effect on his performance.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... izona-ncaa" target="_blank
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Between Parkland and Trier this week, every national administrative organization that starts with N and ends in A is dead to me.

The NCAA is becoming as corrupt as Trump, and I don't give a damn if Machina or whoever else reports the "politics" in this post. Timing dude.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

HiCat wrote:
NYCat wrote:

“Recently, a trace amount of the same drug was found in his system and that minuscule amount is why he missed those games last year. One of the top Drug and Toxicologist Doctors in the U.S. stated that the amount detected in Allonzo’s urine is the equivalent of six grains of salt in 10 Olympic Sized swimming pools, and had zero effect on his performance.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... izona-ncaa" target="_blank
By the NCAA's ass backwards rules, they'll find a way to sit him the rest of the season.

Everyone knows PED's don't directly enhance performance for months, and he had to sit that long last year. We shoud go UNC and say a class on taking PED's are offered as core curriculum at Arizona to all students. It's just an institutional decision.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

PHXCATS wrote:
splitsecond wrote:the NCAA is a joke.
How so, there is measurable amounts of a banned substance in a test.

The NCAA did us a huge favor before. Hopefully they can continue to test often again.
This is your last post actively rooting for the NCAA to maliciously punish a dedicated Wildcat. Last one. Push it. I’m sick of your shit. I will follow you around like a puppy and smack your nose whenever you do something wrong until you learn.

Grow the fuck up or get the fuck out.

The above post is embarrassing.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Tell em jmark!
prh

Post by prh »

BOOM!!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

SteveKerrsStroke

Post by SteveKerrsStroke »

Just watched Outside the Lines on ESPN and for their "Villain of the Week" segment Adnan Virk went with Trier.

Joked about how somebody manages to fail two drug tests in two years and the rest of the crew piled on.

Morons
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SteveKerrsStroke wrote:Just watched Outside the Lines on ESPN and for their "Villain of the Week" segment Adnan Virk went with Trier.

Joked about how somebody manages to fail two drug tests in two years and the rest of the crew piled on.

Morons
It has to be very easy to tell from the test results this is residual from the 2016 ingestion or a second one. I really doubt Arizona would appeal a second ingestion. That leaves the residual, which isn't Trier's fault.

Sad to see uneducated people get after him.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
SteveKerrsStroke wrote:Just watched Outside the Lines on ESPN and for their "Villain of the Week" segment Adnan Virk went with Trier.

Morons
It has to be very easy to tell from the test results this is residual from the 2016 ingestion or a second one. I really doubt Arizona would appeal a second ingestion. That leaves the residual, which isn't Trier's fault.

Yeah, seems very unlikely that it would be a new ingestion if the amount reported is true considering how long it takes to get out of your body.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

DrWildcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Morons

Yeah, seems very unlikely that it would be a new ingestion if the amount reported is true considering how long it takes to get out of your body.

It's another example of poor journalism at its finest. The ESPN special
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

DrWildcat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Morons

And considering that they also have several clean tests in between. Wouldn't they have a test at some point that would show a higher amount indicative of recent usage?
To go from zero to 6 grains of salt in 10 Olympic sized swimming pools should prove that this is a remnant from 2016 and not new ingestion.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

the amount is less than the last test when he was eventually cleared - it’s maddening

dare I say someone or somebodies are fishing

sad sad sad
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

97cats wrote:the amount is less than the last test when he was eventually cleared - it’s maddening

sad sad sad
This. Allonzo was cleared, as agreed, when his numbers reached below a specified level. This test completely renegs. It isn't a matter of "rules are rules." It's pure ill-will, and an aggressive bending of facts to disqualify a player.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

97cats wrote:the amount is less than the last test when he was eventually cleared - it’s maddening

sad sad sad
That's pathetic but sadly inline with what the NCAA does. They don't actually care about the student athletes at all and it shows repeatedly.
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

sad sad sad
I'm not a lawyer, but at somepoint (i.e. today) I think you would sue to get an emergency injunction on this if the NCAA does not make a decision by 5:00pm EST.
Last edited by jajoyce on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If he hasn’t, its time for trier to lawyer up.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

He's going to be cleared. Just seems inevitable.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

according to Trier's attorney Steve Thompson
http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 46e8e.html" target="_blank

He is ready to go already
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

jajoyce wrote:

sad sad sad
I'm not a lawyer, but at somepoint (i.e. today) I think you would sue to get an emergency injunction on this if the NCAA does not make a decision by 5:00pm EST.
If it's true they cleared him with a trace amount, then suspended him for a trace amount that was left over from the first run, I'd think that is a legit strategy.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
jajoyce wrote:

sad sad sad
If it's true they cleared him with a trace amount, then suspended him for a trace amount that was left over from the first run, I'd think that is a legit strategy.
Exactly, the issue with with the NCAA and their data free policies and not Trier
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
jajoyce wrote:

sad sad sad
It's capricious and makes the student-athlete and object of slander and jeopardizes his future. This is some pretty aggressive shit.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:He's going to be cleared. Just seems inevitable.

Probably, but when.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Morons
Hot Take Television!

Fuck him and ESPN
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I swear I’ll rage if he isn’t cleared.
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

Is anyone else bothered by the failure to simplify? 3 grains of salt in 5 Olympic sized swimming pools dammit!
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

DrWildcat wrote:

sad sad sad
That's pathetic but sadly inline with what the NCAA does. They don't actually care about the student athletes at all and it shows repeatedly.
If the amount in the test was less than the threshold given to clear him last year, fuck that shit. Heeke, Arizona and Trier's team should sue the living fucking shit out of the NCAA
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAEebs86 wrote:

Morons
Hot Take Television!

Fuck him and ESPN
Yep, ESPN is trash, fuck that shit
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I’d tack on defamation of character to the lawsuit.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:I’d tack on defamation of character to the lawsuit.
Yep, plus double jeopardy and violation of contract.

Throw in Larry Scott and the PAC-12 just to drag them through the mud and to speed the process along.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
jajoyce wrote:

sad sad sad
It's capricious and makes the student-athlete and object of slander and jeopardizes his future. This is some pretty aggressive shit.
The biggest hook is the extent to which the NCAA is internally inconsistent with their decisionmaking. Selective enforcement to target and individual is always a concern.

If he actually had a lower level than the one at which he was previously cleared and it is just failure to eliminate it, the NCAA's process for him has been differently enforced.

If nothing else, Trier's lawyer likely wants to drive the narrative and place the NCAA in the limelight. I would be surprised if the NCAA wants to dig in on this particular issue.

The biggest danger is that no one cares. The NCAA is very PR sensitive, and if this gets lost, Trier's college career could die in silence.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

sad sad sad
Wait wait wait...

So he was cleared last year by the NCAA when the amount in his system reached a certain level. And now he he was suspended for an amount less than that certain level he was cleared at? Am I understanding that correctly??
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Frybry02 wrote:

sad sad sad
Wait wait wait...

So he was cleared last year by the NCAA when the amount in his system reached a certain level. And now he he was suspended for an amount less than that certain level he was cleared at? Am I understanding that correctly??
Yes.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
jajoyce wrote:

sad sad sad
The biggest hook is the extent to which the NCAA is internally inconsistent with their decisionmaking. Selective enforcement to target and individual is always a concern.

If he actually had a lower level than the one at which he was previously cleared and it is just failure to eliminate it, the NCAA's process for him has been differently enforced.

If nothing else, Trier's lawyer likely wants to drive the narrative and place the NCAA in the limelight. I would be surprised if the NCAA wants to dig in on this particular issue.

The biggest danger is that no one cares. The NCAA is very PR sensitive, and if this gets lost, Trier's college career could die in silence.
Lots of high profile people are caring right now, have to keep that being the case
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Longhorned wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

sad sad sad
Wait wait wait...

Yes.
Am I missing something? Has the definition of logic changed?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If don’t hear anything by 5p eastern do we head to the panic room?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote:If don’t hear anything by 5p eastern do we head to the panic room?
Trier was cleared on a Saturday last year.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

It was a Friday and it was leaked Friday night. Miller wasnt happy. If he is, it would have happened now since its 5pm est. If so, awesome but still mad. But its a lesson learned that if he is, it will be super secret to throw Oregon off.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Frybry02 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:

sad sad sad
Wait wait wait...

Yes.
Am I missing something? Has the definition of logic changed?
The logic is that the January 2018 testing revealed a trace of the banned substance, so they're treating it as a new occurrence, since it was found in a test subsequent to his post-appeal clearance in January 2017. Instead of relying on medical science and human reasoning, they're going by the book, where the rules say this is a banned substance -- and look! -- here it is in the player's body. Therefore, this circumstance is new and doesn't pertain to last season's appeal. Because the NCAA officials are in charge and they can do whatever the fuck they want. There are reasons why people involved in college sports hate the NCAA.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

catgrad97 wrote:Between Parkland and Trier this week, every national administrative organization that starts with N and ends in A is dead to me.

The NCAA is becoming as corrupt as Trump, and I don't give a damn if Machina or whoever else reports the "politics" in this post. Timing dude.
keep your political commentary to the political rage board
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

JMarkJohns wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
splitsecond wrote:the NCAA is a joke.
How so, there is measurable amounts of a banned substance in a test.

The NCAA did us a huge favor before. Hopefully they can continue to test often again.
This is your last post actively rooting for the NCAA to maliciously punish a dedicated Wildcat. Last one. Push it. I’m sick of your shit. I will follow you around like a puppy and smack your nose whenever you do something wrong until you learn.

Grow the fuck up or get the fuck out.

The above post is embarrassing.
:applause:
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

mrqsjhnsnsux wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the failure to simplify? 3 grains of salt in 5 Olympic sized swimming pools dammit!
Seriously. It kills me that this is all over what amounts to .75 grains of salt in 1.25 Olympic sized swimming pools.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

sad sad sad
After reading ESPN's list of schools and players implicated by the ASM docs that Yahoo News got ahold of my current conspiracy is someone is mad Arizona didn't make the kill list.

Guys we need to get to the foothils and give Sean Miller hugs. The man needs hugs!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
jajoyce wrote:

sad sad sad

Phoenix radio is even bashing the NCAA for this. People care - the NCAA is a fucking joke right now. I believe they are trying to pre-save face by going overboard on what little they have any attention to right now.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Longhorned wrote:
The logic is that the January 2018 testing revealed a trace of the banned substance, so they're treating it as a new occurrence, since it was found in a test subsequent to his post-appeal clearance in January 2017. Instead of relying on medical science and human reasoning, they're going by the book, where the rules say this is a banned substance -- and look! -- here it is in the player's body. Therefore, this circumstance is new and doesn't pertain to last season's appeal. Because the NCAA officials are in charge and they can do whatever the fuck they want. There are reasons why people involved in college sports hate the NCAA.
pretty much, thank you

fuck ASU
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hopefully the publicity only gets louder. That's the only thing the NCAA actually might really care about.

For the record, I'm explicitly stating fairness to the student-athlete is not part of the NCAA equation.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

azgreg wrote:Image

Exactly. So bummed by all of this news. #freezo
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Russ Smith talking mad shit on sone other boards...he'll probably show up here soon...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of