Dish Network

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Zero

Dish Network

Post by Zero »

Looks like we won't be getting the game with Dish. It is being played on pac12 Arizona.
pc in NM

Re: Dish Network

Post by pc in NM »

DISH always has, and will likely continue to be second rate....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Dish had every pac 12 network game last season. Don't know why that would change
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Dish had every pac 12 network game last season. Don't know why that would change
It's due to the special Friday night flood of games. It's available online, and is probably the only time this season.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Seriously Fuck dish this is bullshit
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Guys just get Kodi, watched the game in glorious HD, and none of my money went to Dish or any other cable provider to do so.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Anybody else having "Not Authorized for This Content" issues in the Pac-12 Now app using a DISH login?

Figured I would test it out in advance of P12 tourney .....frickin LARRY :evil:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azthrillhouse wrote:Anybody else having "Not Authorized for This Content" issues in the Pac-12 Now app using a DISH login?

Same here.

Your DISH TV package doesn’t include this content. Please contact DISH to request access.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Merkin wrote:
azthrillhouse wrote:Anybody else having "Not Authorized for This Content" issues in the Pac-12 Now app using a DISH login?

Same here.

Your DISH TV package doesn’t include this content. Please contact DISH to request access.

Yup, that's the same message I got. I contacted DISH and the rep opened a ticket but didn't have any immediate resolution.

Wouldn't take much to push me over the edge to ditch DISH, this might be it
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Hope Larry gets herpes
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Might be related to this:

http://support.pac-12.com/hc/en-us/arti ... -fix-this-" target="_blank

So, I should be angry at DISH according to the Pac-12, yet Larry has positioned things in such a way that I do not have realistic alternative options.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Just use Dish Anywhere. I use it on two amazon tablets, an android tablet, my android phone and my laptop with very few issues.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

jsbowl16 wrote:Just use Dish Anywhere. I use it on two amazon tablets, an android tablet, my android phone and my laptop with very few issues.
Yeah, I use Dish anywhere sometimes but it's unreliable.

The more I am looking at this, the more it does appear that it has to do with the "mapping" described on the Pac-12 support site. Anything that is on the national channel is OK, anything on the regional channels is blocked. Dish is telling me that I have to upgrade to the multi-sports tier to get it (but hey, offering 50% off, only $6.50 a month instead of $13!) Dish Anywhere won't do me any good as it doesn't have the Pac-12 regional channels.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

azthrillhouse wrote:
jsbowl16 wrote:Just use Dish Anywhere. I use it on two amazon tablets, an android tablet, my android phone and my laptop with very few issues.

The more I am looking at this, the more it does appear that it has to do with the "mapping" described on the Pac-12 support site. Anything that is on the national channel is OK, anything on the regional channels is blocked. Dish is telling me that I have to upgrade to the multi-sports tier to get it (but hey, offering 50% off, only $6.50 a month instead of $13!) Dish Anywhere won't do me any good as it doesn't have the Pac-12 regional channels.
Dish Anywhere has five Pac 12 channels once you add the sports package and I haven't missed a game since I switched to Dish a few years ago. Every game of the tournament should be on one of those five channels. I have been paying $6.50 a month for the sports package for at least the last year and a half. Every time it runs out, I go onto the website uncheck it to remove it from my package and then they give me a new offer for $6.50 a month for six more months. You cannot be late on any payments or they will stop giving you that offer.

If Dish Anywhere is unreliable then it is probably because you need faster Internet at home. It streams it from your house so if your upload speed is slow or your ISP is unreliable then you will have issues. I have 10Mbps up which isn't the fastest but it works every time I use it.
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

jsbowl16 wrote:
azthrillhouse wrote:

Dish Anywhere has five Pac 12 channels once you add the sports package and I haven't missed a game since I switched to Dish a few years ago. Every game of the tournament should be on one of those five channels. I have been paying $6.50 a month for the sports package for at least the last year and a half. Every time it runs out, I go onto the website uncheck it to remove it from my package and then they give me a new offer for $6.50 a month for six more months. You cannot be late on any payments or they will stop giving you that offer.

If Dish Anywhere is unreliable then it is probably because you need faster Internet at home. It streams it from your house so if your upload speed is slow or your ISP is unreliable then you will have issues. I have 10Mbps up which isn't the fastest but it works every time I use it.
When I say Dish Anywhere is "unreliable", right, it has to do with having to hit the home network (I have 20 up & down so bandwidth theoretically shouldn't be an issue). Usually works OK as long as I am patient (skipping/rewinding is agonizingly laggy), but if I have a choice I pretty much always go with the direct stream such as the Pac 12 app rather than bouncing back to my home DVR which might be unplugged, in use, etc.

And I definitely don't have the patience to micro-manage the sports package like you do, and even $6.50 a month is a hard sell for me, given that it's a fairly rare occurrence that I would really & truly need the extra content. My overall bill is already way above what I think is a good value given my family's usage.....so taking content that I used to have included in what I was paying, and then moving it to another tier - it's a "last straw" kind of thing that will make me re-evaluate my options.

One day, all of this crap will be truly a la carte.....someday....
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

It would be awesome if Dish would put CBS in their multi channel college view instead of CBSSN. Then we would be able to watch all four channels at one time.