Pac 12 watching on computer

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Pac 12 watching on computer

Post by gumby »

Do they archive the games, or do you really have to watch replays at 1 a.m. (or whatever).

Finding the coverage to be far more regionalized this year. Before I could see all the Arizona games on TV. This year, many are on Pac-12, rather than my regional channel, Pac-12WA, which shows volleyball games or something instead of live games featuring non-Washington teams. I don't get the other channel, Have never needed it (it's a step up in tier).

Sucks! Can't DVR. Have to watch live, or at some weird-ass hour on replay. So, do they archive? I suppose the other option is to have my daughter set up the game on computers and hit pause when it starts, because I can't get home at 5 pm.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Re: Pac 12 watching on computer

Post by gumby »

Happy ending. Called Comcast. Turns out I was on an old plan. Put me on new one that gives me ALL the sports channels, HBO, Showtime, TMC, Max, and doubled Internet speed and fancy new DVR. Only downside is other Pac 12 channel isn't HD.
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

I too have Comcast. A couple of years ago I added the sports package that included the Pac-12 National channel (but as you said, in SD). My normal package includes PAC-12 Bay Area (HD). I ended up cancelling the sports package for one, having the Pac-12 channel in SD seemed like a waste (because I can watch games that aren't on Pac-12BA on the computer). And two, until THIS year, like you said, the games were almost always on all the Pac-12 channels. Once in a while there was a conflict with a Stanford or Cal game being on the Bay Area channel. Looking at the schedule, EVERY Pac-12 game is on the Pac-12 national channel and the one regional channel. Makes no sense as I would rather watch a live game then some replay of volleyball....or something.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Get an Amazon FireTV or FireStick, install Kodi on it, free PAC 12 Network and all its regional channels in HD.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Must be some deal where the other sports were clamoring for more coverage. Can't imagine the network actually gets higher ratings doing that. Anyway, glad I called. Nice watching Red Zone today.
gumby

Post by gumby »

ChooChooCat wrote:Get an Amazon FireTV or FireStick, install Kodi on it, free PAC 12 Network and all its regional channels in HD.
I have Fire. Would I be able to record? Rarely watch live when games tip at 5 or 6 p.m.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gumby wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Get an Amazon FireTV or FireStick, install Kodi on it, free PAC 12 Network and all its regional channels in HD.
I have Fire. Would I be able to record? Rarely watch live when games tip at 5 or 6 p.m.
Unfortunately no. It's not an Amazon sponsored app either, you'd have to jailbreak it and install it, but it's very easy. You can literally YouTube how to do it.