Where you at?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Where you at?

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Where are all the people that gave up after the Providence loss at?
gumby

Re: Where you at?

Post by gumby »

At the game, is where I was ... at.
Right where I want to be.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

gumby wrote:At the game, is where I was ... at.
How was it? Anything like McKale?
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

I think most people were in their right to criticize the current state of the team against Providence (bad defense, horribly sloppy with the ball, stagnant offense down the stretch), but 1 November game I don't think was enough for a whole lot of people to completely get off the bandwagon...this team definitely has its issues, but it does have some strengths, we'll see how it goes. It does feel like a we probably should make the tournament, we probably need to get to 10 pac 12 wins, but how far we'll actually go no one at this idea really knows, except first round exit to sweet sixteen ceiling seems the best bet at this point.
gumby

Post by gumby »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:I think most people were in their right to criticize the current state of the team against Providence (bad defense, horribly sloppy with the ball, stagnant offense down the stretch), but 1 November game I don't think was enough for a whole lot of people to completely get off the bandwagon...this team definitely has its issues, but it does have some strengths, we'll see how it goes. It does feel like a we probably should make the tournament, we probably need to get to 10 pac 12 wins, but how far we'll actually go no one at this idea really knows, except first round exit to sweet sixteen ceiling seems the best bet at this point.
Blah, blah, blah. It's OK to live in the moment. Enjoy. Great win.
gumby

Post by gumby »

84Cat wrote:
gumby wrote:At the game, is where I was ... at.
How was it? Anything like McKale?
It was loud! Students really dominate and they are fully engaged. Great atmosphere. Half the size of McKale, but first-rate.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Providence is better than Gonzaga this year. Gonzaga is, as usual, overrated.
eoe

Post by eoe »

legallykenny wrote:Providence is better than Gonzaga this year. Gonzaga is, as usual, overrated.
No. They were better LY overall, but Karnowski, Wiltjer, and Sabonis is rivaled by very few. If Williams-Goss was eligible to play for them TY, they're solidly a top 10 team.

As of now, both are top 20 teams and both will be higher seeds come tourney time
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:I think most people were in their right to criticize the current state of the team against Providence (bad defense, horribly sloppy with the ball, stagnant offense down the stretch), but 1 November game I don't think was enough for a whole lot of people to completely get off the bandwagon...this team definitely has its issues, but it does have some strengths, we'll see how it goes. It does feel like a we probably should make the tournament, we probably need to get to 10 pac 12 wins, but how far we'll actually go no one at this idea really knows, except first round exit to sweet sixteen ceiling seems the best bet at this point.
See, that's where you are wrong. You have little to no right to criticize this team after the Providence game. IT'S FUCKING DECEMBER YOU JAGOFF

Why would we even begin to judge this team in the harsh way that some people on here have considering everything that has happened (losing 4 starters, trying to blend a TON of new faces, devastating injuries)

Cue the "I can criticize whoever I want" line here
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

I'm at really appreciating what Miller was able to accomplish with a completely different starting 5 from last year. That second half was amazing. I'm glad it is on DVR and I'll be watching it again when I leave this board.
I also liked York's interview after the game. I wondered afterwards if he was "announcer" material when his playing days are over. The way he has progressed in 4 years shows me that he is truly learning the game. The words from Miller that I took from that interview were "Play hard". I also admired his humility about being the #1 player to stop as the interviewers suggested. I disagreed with that. If I'm the opposing coach, I start with Ryan. He is more versatile in my opinion. Sure, Gabe can drive and shoot floaters, but that doesn't wound the opponent like his treys can.
gumby

Post by gumby »

He was very polite. Lotta "sirs" in his responses.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

DC, criticizing the team in November and December is fine. Nitpicking every little thing, acting like the sky is falling, throwing in the towel, questioning Sean Miller's coaching and recruiting abilities, saying the program is trending down and Miller already peaked, making ridiculous statements like "we aren't a tournament team," etc., is another story. I don't fault anyone for being critical and frustrated after the Providence loss: we played like dog crap in the Santa Clara game before it, and even played bad in the game before that one.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:DC, criticizing the team in November and December is fine. Nitpicking every little thing, acting like the sky is falling, throwing in the towel, questioning Sean Miller's coaching and recruiting abilities, saying the program is trending down and Miller already peaked, making ridiculous statements like "we aren't a tournament team," etc., is another story. I don't fault anyone for being critical and frustrated after the Providence loss: we played like dog crap in the Santa Clara game before it, and even played bad in the game before that one.
First off, I posted this right after the win, and I probably was not 100% in my rational mind at the time.

I don't have any issue with discussing the problems this team has had and will have. I'll be the first person to say we need to minimize our dumb TO's, play better team D and knock down our jumpers.

The issue for me really was the people who used terms like trending down, said we'd be lucky to sneak into the tourney and otherwise treated the state of our program like the fall of Rome. We are still in a good position to make a tourney run. Our players need to settle into their new roles and understand what is expected of them.

Most importantly, against Gonzaga, we showed that we're ready to fight for it this year.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LOL. That was directed at DC. I have no problems with what you posted, some of the shit that has been said here recently has been ridiculous. I think the difference is, you were dealing with the extreme, and I felt DC was being a little unfair by lumping realistic criticism and concerns with the extreme. Being honest, what you posted was one of the first things that went through my head after we won.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:LOL. That was directed at DC. I have no problems with what you posted, some of the shit that has been said here recently has been ridiculous. I think the difference is, you were dealing with the extreme, and I felt DC was being a little unfair by lumping realistic criticism and concerns with the extreme. Being honest, what you posted was one of the first things that went through my head after we won.
I felt a little bad after I posted. It was a pure reaction to being really fired up about the win and wanting to rub it in for people who were acting like the sky was falling after the Wooden. Look, we're almost all Arizona fans here, but the doom and gloom about this season (and worse about the long term outlook) was killing me. Like we should just bend over and tell UCLA the conference was theirs for the next decade. The day Sean Miller does that, Josh Smith will win a Presidential Physical Fitness medal.

In my defense, I see it as being really bought into the process...
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

I'm ok with criticizing, I think I was livid when, after we had just beat Gonzaga, that dude said "It does feel like we should probably make the tournament" and it blew my mind. That performance should have cemented in all of our minds that this team is going to be very good by the end of the year, and is pretty damn good right now.

That dude said we probably need to get to 10 pac wins. That's literally a worst case scenario and it just annoys me when people think that way. I'm loving this team, I will continue to enjoy the journey, lumps and all. And I won't criticize these kids until there is a reason to, maybe if they don't progress over the next 4 months like they should
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

At this point only winning 10 pac12 games would be a huge disappointment. We've only won less than 12 once, in Miller's first year.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:At this point only winning 10 pac12 games would be a huge disappointment. We've only won less than 12 once, in Miller's first year.
Seriously. It's pretty far out there to even assume we aren't winning this conference outright. With CSM dealing the way he has the last few years people should look at us similarly to how like they look at Kansas (not quite as much a guarantee but still), until someone takes it you assume we're gonna win it
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:At this point only winning 10 pac12 games would be a huge disappointment. We've only won less than 12 once, in Miller's first year.
Oh, and I was gonna say, being you must be one hell of a roller coaster. Like the positive posts of late from you, I must admit.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You mean the normal posts? Only time I'm ever negative is when I'm reverse jinxing in a game thread when we're doing poorly

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:You mean the normal posts? Only time I'm ever negative is when I'm reverse jinxing in a game thread when we're doing poorly
Haha whatever you say my man
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'm in McKale on Wednesday, and also for UNLV. That's where, mofo.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Olsondogg wrote:I'm in McKale on Wednesday, and also for UNLV. That's where, mofo.
Just once in my life I want to be able to say I saw a game at McKale. Why does Tucson have to be so far away from everything???
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I'm in McKale on Wednesday, and also for UNLV. That's where, mofo.
Just once in my life I want to be able to say I saw a game at McKale. Why does Tucson have to be so far away from everything???
117 miles door to door ain't that bad.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Olsondogg wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
117 miles door to door ain't that bad.
Bastard
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dcZONAfan wrote:
It's not that far. At most two hours from anywhere in Phoenix and it has an airport. It's not like it's Pullman or Lawrence or Lubbock or Tuscaloosa or something

97cats

Post by 97cats »

ASUHATER! wrote: It's not that far. At most two hours from anywhere in Phoenix and it has an airport. It's not like it's Pullman or Lawrence or Lubbock or Tuscaloosa or something
are you going to the game on WED or are you working that night again??
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

97cats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: It's not that far. At most two hours from anywhere in Phoenix and it has an airport. It's not like it's Pullman or Lawrence or Lubbock or Tuscaloosa or something
Be at work til about 6 or later. Can't afford bball tickets during the holidays but I'll be watching like always!

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'll represent for you all. #truefan #machinasproud
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
It's not that far. At most two hours from anywhere in Phoenix and it has an airport. It's not like it's Pullman or Lawrence or Lubbock or Tuscaloosa or something
From the Northeast, it's far. Especially when there is literally no reason to go to that area of the country with the wife.
Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:
Be at work til about 6 or later. Can't afford bball tickets during the holidays but I'll be watching like always!
Another mid-afternoon shift at the MVD? Will you ever catch a break?!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

There's always a reason. Basketball games, homecoming, nice winter weather vacation.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I like how Hater tells you it isn't that far, only a plane flight away...and then talks about how it's too expensive to go from Tucson.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Salty wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:
So are you a cop in Tucson, a law student, a cop in Austin, a bouncer, an astronaut, a fighter pilot or an mma fighter nowadays? You change careers and locations and things so often it's hard to keep track.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:I like how Hater tells you it isn't that far, only a plane flight away...and then talks about how it's too expensive to go from Tucson.
Well everyone on this board likes to brag about the high paying jobs they have, so one must assume they can fly!

97cats

Post by 97cats »

ASUHATER! wrote: Be at work til about 6 or later. Can't afford bball tickets during the holidays but I'll be watching like always!
you're a fraud
Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Salty wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:
So are you a cop in Tucson, a law student, a cop in Austin, a bouncer, an astronaut, a fighter pilot or an mma fighter nowadays? You change careers and locations and things so often it's hard to keep track.
I'm all of those things. And it's awesome.

My secret? Gluten-free food. Unlocks your true potential.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

BTW the wife is working till about 5PM here in PHX, we are still making the game.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

97cats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: Be at work til about 6 or later. Can't afford bball tickets during the holidays but I'll be watching like always!
you're a fraud
Sure. You can think whatever you like. Has no affect on the real world. I always respected you as a good guy and a poster until for whatever reason lately you got a stick up your ass about butting into people's personal lives on a sports message board. Why do you care so much...ain't none ya business.

97cats

Post by 97cats »

Salty wrote: I'm all of those things. And it's awesome.

you've taken some lumps on here, Salty -- some self inflicted, no doubt.

but what's HATER's secret to prolonged mediocrity? he won't tell me so if you could find out that'd be greeeeat.

yet all he does is bag on anything and everything else everyone else does.

thx in advance.
Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:
you're a fraud
Sure. You can think whatever you like. Has no affect on the real world. I always respected you as a good guy and a poster until for whatever reason lately you got a stick up your ass about butting into people's personal lives on a sports message board. Why do you care so much...ain't none ya business.
Can you seriously not see the hypocrisy there?

You literately called out like three posters, in about the past 20 minutes, about their own personal lives or situation, but then declared that your situation is off limits.

You sure can dish it, and you sure can't take it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Salty wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:
you're a fraud
Can you seriously not see the hypocrisy there?

You literately called out like three posters, in about the past 20 minutes, about their own personal lives or situation, but then declared that your situation is off limits.

You sure can dish it, and you sure can't take it.
Can you not see the difference? Everyone I called out brought it upon themselves. You share intimate personal details on an anonymous message board and act like an ass...expect to be called out. I keep private. It's not my choice for you all to not keep your own lives private. Absolutely no hypocrisy anywhere near me. I've never asked any personal details about anyone on this site.
Last edited by ASUHATER! on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zero

Post by Zero »

Is Missouri any good?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I hate all you people.
Salty

Post by Salty »

97cats wrote:

but what's HATER's secret to prolonged mediocrity? he won't tell me so if you could find out that'd be greeeeat.

thx in advance.
I was a fucked up, immature asshole for a long time.

I recognize that. I am trying to improve and I've spent a lot of time working on my character.

But this isn't about me, and the fact that this has turned to other poster's personal situation is due to Hater's character issues and his inability to admit his hypocrisy.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Zero wrote:Is Missouri any good?
Thoroughly mediocre. 4-3 I believe. Picked dead last in the sec media poll.

gumby

Post by gumby »

dcZONAfan wrote:
I had to move to Spokane to see a game.
Last edited by gumby on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Salty wrote:
97cats wrote:

thx in advance.
I was a fucked up, immature asshole for a long time.

I recognize that. I am trying to improve and I've spent a lot of time working on my character.

But this isn't about me, and the fact that this has turned to other poster's personal situation is due to Hater's character issues and his inability to admit his hypocrisy.
You're still an immature asshole.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

gumby wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
I had to move to Spokane to see a game.
Braggart
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Jesus all of this happened because I said I want to go to an Arizona game in McKale just once......