Sean Miller at the half

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Sean Miller at the half

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

His interview was characteristically blunt last night. That the team wasn't doing much of anything right and needed to pick it up in a big way. As usual, dead on and pulling no punches.

Then, 52-13 in the second half. It seems like they're listening.
Alieberman

Re: Sean Miller at the half

Post by Alieberman »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:His interview was characteristically blunt last night. That the team wasn't doing much of anything right and needed to pick it up in a big way. As usual, dead on and pulling no punches.

He should start talking to them before the game.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Alieberman wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:His interview was characteristically blunt last night. That the team wasn't doing much of anything right and needed to pick it up in a big way. As usual, dead on and pulling no punches.

He should start talking to them before the game.
Sounds like a solid idea.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

How did he not get tossed in the 1H? Yelled at the ref for not calling the foul and got the tech. Yelled, "Call the foul!" 3 more times at him and then on the missed free throw he hurls the ball cross court at the same ref and yells, "call the foul" a couple more times haha
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Loved his press conference where he talked about the tech and he said he deserved it but the last one he got, not so much. You know how tough it is to whip a team 52-13 in a half. That is complete domination. Well done coach
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

love the halftime whoopass
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Jefe wrote:How did he not get tossed in the 1H? Yelled at the ref for not calling the foul and got the tech. Yelled, "Call the foul!" 3 more times at him and then on the missed free throw he hurls the ball cross court at the same ref and yells, "call the foul" a couple more times haha
that entire sequence including the two-handed cross court chest pass to the zebra was the highlight of the evening for me.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Didn't Murph get a T for leaving the coaches box? CSM is always out of the box.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Merkin wrote:Didn't Murph get a T for leaving the coaches box? CSM is always out of the box.
that was the lamest 'T' ive ever seen maybe -- one foot out of the box (slightly) and the Lute Olson floor stomp and Mr. Quick Whistle got terrified.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Do refs have prior agreements with coaches about sure-fire signals for when to get a T called? What if you need a T to "fire up your team" but the refs are too relaxed? Maybe like a foot stomp?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Do refs have prior agreements with coaches about sure-fire signals for when to get a T called? What if you need a T to "fire up your team" but the refs are too relaxed? Maybe like a foot stomp?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I was wondering what the T was for and I missed the ball toss :(
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

The first free throw bounced off the back of the rim towards Miller and the ref under the hoop came over to get it back. Miller grabbed it and threw a textbook 2 handed lob pass about 30 feet to the ref he had been yelling at to the right. Steve Lavin loved it

The game is on PAC12 again in 2 hours and it happens at 13:36. Ill try to screen grab it.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

we need a .gif of that Miller pass tot he ref.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Do refs have prior agreements with coaches about sure-fire signals for when to get a T called? What if you need a T to "fire up your team" but the refs are too relaxed? Maybe like a foot stomp?
That has got to be one of the best .gifs I've ever seen.... whoah... wow .. hahah ... hoo wee..
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

DaddyO'Cat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
That has got to be one of the best .gifs I've ever seen.... whoah... wow .. hahah ... hoo wee..
Oh god... my drunk ass can't stop laughing at it.... oh shit... oh man.... my dogs are coming at me wondering whats up... oh man.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Had to look it up. It was apparently unintentional and they both laughed it off and played on.

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Carlos Boozer punches Referee (ALL available slom…: http://youtu.be/PaZTzt0EK5w" target="_blank

It was really about as jovial an aftermath as you'll get for a fairly forceful genital punching.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Couldnt get it to record audio or cut off sooner but its better than nothing

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

:lol: :lol: That must have been when I stood up to take my coat off. Not sure how i missed it.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

That is outstanding.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

rgdeuce wrote::lol: :lol: That must have been when I stood up to take my coat off. Not sure how i missed it.
Yeah me too I must have been taking a piss but gotberk gotdang miller has them eagle\hawk\predator eyes going full force laser beam burn right through you thing going on right there. wow.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

DaddyO'Cat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote::lol: :lol: That must have been when I stood up to take my coat off. Not sure how i missed it.
Yeah me too I must have been taking a piss but gotberk gotdang miller has them eagle\hawk\predator eyes going full force laser beam burn right through you thing going on right there. wow.
And when it comes to the pac 12 crooked and\or incompetent refs thats great.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

DaddyO'Cat wrote:
DaddyO'Cat wrote:
And when it comes to the pac 12 crooked and\or incompetent refs thats great.
Gonna need that for the UCLA game
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

I miss Dave Libby (not really). But it would've been great to watch Miller ride one of the worst Pac 10 refs of all time.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

DaddyO'Cat wrote:
Nastiness is required.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Every athlete has had that one coach who has you crapping your pants when you messed up. And the there's Sean Miller. Still beats the hell out of Bobby Knight putting his hands around your throat though. And CSM isn't physically imposing, but can you imagine how scared refs would be if he was Larry Krystkowiak sized? :lol: