telling offensive stat(s)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

97cats

telling offensive stat(s)

Post by 97cats »

Gabe York has attempted 70 more shots (221 total) in Pac12 play than Arizona's second leading shot taker (Ryan Anderson @ 151 FGA) and 114 more shots than Allonzo Trier's & Kadeem Allen's 107 FGA.

further, Ryan Anderson leads the team in PAC12 play in FTA at 106, while York has attempted just 29 FT's.

Trier has 51 FTA & Allen has 42 FTA.

pretty telling if ya ask me

Totals:

York -- 87-221 (39%) 24-29 (82.8%)

Anderson -- 90-151 (59.6%) 76-106 (71.6%)

Trier -- 49-107 (45.8) 41-51 (80.3%)

Allen -- 50-107 (46.7) 30-42 (71.4%)

Tarc -- 50-91 (55%) 55-70 (78.5%)
Merkin

Re: telling offensive stat(s)

Post by Merkin »

If you count all games, Trier has twice the FT attempts as York (122 to 61) in 339 less minutes (613 to 952).
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

97cats wrote:Gabe York
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Here's to hoping that March is a different animal.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Just don't want to see York pounding the ball into the court with 10 seconds left and down by one score.

Another stat: 0-3 in such situations with him getting the ball knocked away every time.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Trier should have the ball in his hands at end of close games. That's why that last timeout is so critical, so it can be called to run the play that ensures this...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

This whole season comes down to two things: Defense is quite subpar to what it was in last few years and we don't have a good point guard. At least consistency at the PG. Those two things stick out every game it seems; at least the losses. But hell, I think this season might be Miller's best given what he has.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Certainly wouldn't be the first senior to play outside of his ability in a misguided effort to be a leader on a non-elite team. I simply haven't watched enough games this year to judge York, but my guess is if he is taking too many shots, and, even worse, too many poor shots, that it has something to do with him pressing. And that we can all agree on is not a good sign for team success. But at least tonight in the 2nd half his game looked smooth. I'm fine with him shooting often if he's getting clean shots like that. We pretty much need him to do that to open the floor up for the rest of the team.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Cal defends very well. They make it tough to get into the lane, they rebound well and limit your easy second chance points, and they have good sized bigs and crowd the paint to make things uncomfortable on your bigs. They are gonna be a problem for teams in the NCAAs and will have a deep run unless they run into a team who cant miss from deep. You get into an ugly gorilla ball game with them, they are gonna send u packing.

Miller made a clear halftime adjustment to free up Gabe because we werent going to put up enough points inside the arc. Gabe wasnt gonna get open looks tonight and he would have had to force it to get the shots off we needed. lots of him coming off screens for shots and lots of high screens with Zeus and Anderson to give him some room to shoot or probe and shoot