Oregon reffing

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Oregon reffing

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Look, first off, we should have played a better game.

How many shaky calls, though? I'm sorry, but I'm sick of wondering what the outcome would have been if we played in a conference with half decent refs. When you go to OT, a single possession means a ton and it's frustrating that we've come to expect the refs will be embarassing.

We have no excuses for not performing better, but jeez, it would be nice to know that it was only that.
prh

Re: Oregon reffing

Post by prh »

Both Trier and Kadeem fouled out one possession after a chicken shit 4th foul call
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

prh wrote:Both Trier and Kadeem fouled out one possession after a chicken shit 4th foul call
The fouls on Kadeem and PJC when they fouled out where a fucking joke
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Kadeem didn't even touch the guy. He just misjudged the dunk & missed.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm sorry, but I'm just tired of just waiting to see how bad the reffing will be every night out.

Hell, Oregon played a very good game. Both teams deserve better than what Pac reffing gives us. You know the worst thing? There are only two games left, so allegedly we're down to the 6 best refs the Pac can offer.

Congratulations to Oregon. Hell of a game. Sick to death of the reffing being shaky and inconsistent when kids are playing their hearts out. Time for bed, time to regroup for the big show.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I can't recall if Arizona's ever fouled out three guards in a game in the last 30 years.

No Oregon player fouled out.

Not the reason one team won or lost, under our circumstances, but the conference needs to just admit its officials aren't calling travelling anymore and get it over with.

They're missing it more times than they miss calling Romar defenses for hacks.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

The fricking charges Dorsey was making and the refs calling a foul on UA was really pissing me off.. Dude charged, traveled, carried. And all the whistles went the other way. Oregon overall as a team is better but damn... crap refs..
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Taking Trier out of the game was what killed us. We got it close and he was on the bench w four fouls in a spot when we needed him most, in a spot where he would have taken over with drives to the basket, getting them in foul trouble and getting free easy points at the line. They took him and Kaleb out of the Utah game and Kaleb out of the Colorado game. It just reaks of manipulation to me im sorry. Phantom calls on the most important pieces in those games.
DaddyO'Cat

Post by DaddyO'Cat »

rgdeuce wrote:Taking Trier out of the game was what killed us. We got it close and he was on the bench w four fouls in a spot when we needed him most, in a spot where he would have taken over with drives to the basket, getting them in foul trouble and getting free easy points at the line. They took him and Kaleb out of the Utah game and Kaleb out of the Colorado game. It just reaks of manipulation to me im sorry. Phantom calls on the most important pieces in those games.
Yup.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

His last 3 fouls were terrible, then that Kadeem foul at the end where he literally let the guy go was just lol
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Trier got robbed on the calls. Turrrible ref. Kadeem too. Zebras need remedial training.

Not an excuse for the "L". Ducks played to win, and the first half was
a nail in the heart for Az. Hats off to Ore.
Last edited by HiCat on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

I've said this before it's the disparity in fouls that piss me of its the difference in the type of fouls that piss me off. When we get called for fouls the always count there and-1s and nba continuation but waive off our And-1s and never get continuation. We lost because because we didn't play well. But to say these calls don't mean anything is idiotic. They literally waiving off Arizona points and adding points for the opposition
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I watched the replay of Duke v. AZ in 2011. Wow, the game has changed. It was much cleaner and guys were getting to the hoop without slamming into defenders to create a "defensive" foul.